Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:53:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773214
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 456
Total: 459

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Intro + Biktarvy, not UD. Switching options?  (Read 2730 times)

Offline tommy78209

Intro + Biktarvy, not UD. Switching options?
« on: July 09, 2021, 10:01:21 am »
Hi ,  so is DTG    tivicay?  Im currently on Biktarvy, no longer keeping me undetectable and big weight gain.   I was on atripla and genvoya both were keeping me undetectable. moved for a less toxic med.  If tivicay is dtg, Than because im on biktarvy which has bictegravir   they would not recommend i switch to tivicay.  im worried about which med to switch to.  Any help on where i could look to get advice on which med would be best.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 10:33:11 am by Jim Allen »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Intro + Biktarvy, not UD. Switching options?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 11:15:27 am »
Hiya,

As you are a new member and the post is regarding issues you are facing I have split it into its own thread to work as your forum introduction.  ;)

So Tivicay is the brand name for DTG that's correct. Not sure why you could not switch unless there is resistance to integrase inhibitors? Were you having issues and that's why you switched from Genvoya to Biktarvy? 

About Biktarvy is not keeping your VL suppressed, sorry to hear that although, is it just a single blip or low-level viremia?

Not sure if it's helpful but here is a link to the drug charts: https://www.poz.com/drug_charts/hiv-drug-chart

Jim.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline tommy78209

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 01:27:00 pm »
Hi Jim, Thank you for responding to my post. The switch from Genvoya to Biktarvy was only done as a reduction in toxicity. I was undetectable until I started using biktarvy, I was undetectable for a few months on biktarvy then over the course of 3 lab test about 20 copies appeared. now last test 70 copies.  I guess im trying to see if others have had to made a switch due to the med no longer keeping them at undetectable and if they did which med did they change to and were they able to obtain undetectable status again.  Im asking my doctor to order the geno type test.    I guess its really just a guessing game as to what I should switch to. Im looking at dovato and others.  I have the hiv med list printed out.  Would the geno type test tell me if I had a resistance to a integrase inhibitor?   Thank you,Rey

Offline Texland

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 01:43:29 pm »
Hi Rey,

I'm taking Descovy and Tivicay. I was on Biktarvy and also had the sudden weight gain. It was also causing other side effects and I wanted off. My (now former) doctor switched me to Dovato. Right away I went from UD to 50, then 70 then 120 viral load. After changing to a new doctor, she switched me to Descovy and Tivicay. Because I've been on meds around 25 years, I had already taken one of the drugs in Dovato. She brought that up on our first phone visit. On the current combination, I went right back to undetectable. There are other combinations of meds, talk to your doctor.

A genotype test only works when there is a high viral load. I wouldn't recommend letting it get high just for a lab test.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.