Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2024, 03:25:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772965
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 144
Total: 144

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Trials and Tribulations of an Old Poz Queen  (Read 533487 times)

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
Re: Trials and Tribulations of an Old Poz Queen
« Reply #850 on: March 23, 2009, 12:39:13 pm »
Hey Ron,

I hear you about the oral thrush. I use an Advair inhaler and one of the side effects is thrush. The last time I had it happen was in Mexico City - wouldn't you know it!  :o

Hang in there. The Diflucan (Flucanazole) usually works wonders.

HUGS,

Mark

I'm beginning to pick up on the word 'usually' in your post. My tongue was starting to improve and was not hurting or burning and yesterday. I actually began to think that it was over and done with.

This morning, when I awoke, I could hardly touch my tongue to the back of my teeth and it felt like it was wearing a winter coat.

After using that tongue scraper and being up for a couple of hours, the pain has gone, but not the 'heightened sensitivity'....it feels like it's recovering from being scalded  on hot coffee.

I can't seem to find an answer as to how long does the med take to work? or how long before I just say, "this ain't working...."
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #851 on: March 23, 2009, 12:45:35 pm »
Ron,

Since you want a support system that meets more often I would seriously consider (again) getting a therapist.  Besides it looking good on your app. it will hopefully help with that depression that Katie notices.  ;)

Also, if you don't like the fluconzole pills you can ask the Dr about taking Clotrimazole troches (lozenges) they are a little harder than an antacid tablet but the just slowly dissolve on your tongue.  You just pop them 5x a day and they really don't have a taste.  You know me with my wonky esophagus if there is a non-pill version of a med I've usually tried it.

Good luck & Happy Spring Cleaning!
AA

I will ask DR D about the lozenges as I am starting to think that the Fluconazole ain't working. (It's been 4 days since med start date)

I called my caseworker at AOC and requested help in seeking out Mental Services for depression. I have an appointment on Tuesday. She mentioned that they have counselors at the center or they refer me out...

I said that I wasn't sure of just where to start, that I needed to be evaluated by someone.

So, Spring Cleaning has begun starting on Tuesday!

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #852 on: March 23, 2009, 12:51:05 pm »
Yeah it works well, but, when I had the oral-thrush, the Diflucan (Flucanazole) cause me to have very bad diarrhea, well with the other MEDS I was on, I already have it, but that made it ever worse, however it did clear up the oral-thursh tho..... I do get that every 3 to 4 yrs. when my T-cells drop
down below 200, that means my ID Doctor need to changes my Meds to something new & improved

I seem to be operating in reverse. No diaherrea but a LOT of flatulence and a constant feeling that I need to go,  hours of 'fruitless' sitting. I am getting a lot of reading done....

When I do go, I have to strain so hard that my eyeballs feel like they are going to pop out of my head, which, they need to hurry and pop, if they want to, as  my head feels like it is going to explode, and they'll miss out :-\

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #853 on: March 23, 2009, 01:18:30 pm »
I seem to be operating in reverse. No diaherrea but a LOT of flatulence and a constant feeling that I need to go,  hours of 'fruitless' sitting. I am getting a lot of reading done....

When I do go, I have to strain so hard that my eyeballs feel like they are going to pop out of my head, which, they need to hurry and pop, if they want to, as  my head feels like it is going to explode, and they'll miss out :-\

You might want to add some OMEGA-3 (fish-oil) Fatty Acid caps, and more fresh Fruit to your daily diet, straining to poop like that, is NOT a Good thing  ???
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 01:21:59 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #854 on: March 23, 2009, 01:26:31 pm »
Ron,

Remember that funky breath test I had to take for SIBO --- could be those pesky bacteria in your small intestine.  They cause LOTS of flatulence, most people get diarrhea but there are those special people who get really constipated.   Just a something to ask about since it's a painless needle free test.  :D

Good luck,
AA 
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline rondrond

« Reply #855 on: March 28, 2009, 02:11:16 pm »
In my house, there are many rooms, some of them I don't visit.....

I went to AOC and saw my caseworker, B**** H***n J*** (and , yes, she uses all three, even on her voice mail) and I got set up for the Food Bank they have at AOC every week or two weeks. (I decided two week to save some gas)

I also told her that I have not paid rent since July '07 and that my mother has 'helped out'

So to continue receiving food assistance, I have to attempt to get Food Stamps. B*** filled out the application for me (which showed how serious they were that I do it) So, how could I refuse? It's not like I have a 'full day' calling my name.

So, I stared at the thing overnight, not wanting to go (just another milestone in my 'Invisible Man' progression. ...I have no job, no income, no health,...there is nothing to prove that I exist, nothing in my name, no phone, no utilities....I do have a checking/savings, credit cards, and two IRA's,  which they circle like vultures and when that is gone, ...I will be 'invisible' and really not exist anymore...

So I had to go to the store, and on the way, was just going to 'drop off' the application. 1 hour later....I finally go to drop it off and they will send me a notice of an appointment date. She notice my checking/savings balances and her chair jerked back...she immediately stated "oh, my, you're not in an emergency situation" 

"No, not exactly an emergency, right now. But the gate is up, and the lights are flashing and the train IS coming!"

I went to the Dr on Friday because I had a rash on my hip that itched like fire and I had actually drawn blood trying to get some relief (IT feels so good to scratch) I did not get to see Dr D, but rather, Dr C. I don't particularly like DR C. (It's her manner) If we were two sticks and rubbed together, we would not make a fire)

The reason for my visit was because:

* I have a rash on my hips that itches like fire, and I have actally brought blood.
*I am depressed and feel powerless to to do anything....feelings that I am worthless, and just what's the use?
(No, I don't want to 'off' myself' or others)

I received an ointment for the rash. The rash she identified as some thing that starts with an H and had an R and a K...@@

She did not understand why I was having labored breathing. My body is purportedly supposed to have dissolved the blood clots and they were gone. We wrestled that dragon, until I mentioned that I had been diagnosed with sleep apnea. AHA....that, to her explained the shortness of breath. Pulmonary hypertension.  o.o

She is going to schedule me to have a pulmonary stress exam.

She did not understand the pain in my left knee. the she saw the doppler result. AHA...the vein has contricton.#$%^...))@@   I know she was speaking English, but I didn't understand a word of it....

She is going to schedule another doppler.

I need to lose weight. We WRESTLED and THRASHED around and finally calmed down....

I have had ENOUGH of doctors just throwing out....you need to do this, but not saying just HOW to do this....(go on a diet, lose weight, ...whatever...obviously, if I knew what to do, I wouldn't have the problem.....tell me something that is different from what I am doing....and yes, I gave her my journals (which she ditched...another reason, I don't like her)

So, I got out of her just what did she think I needed to do. (Take me by the and and treat me like I am three years old)

***Get a discount at a gym, swimming, cycling, running/walking****@@

I shot back, I don't have the money for a gym, I don't have the money for a bike and I can't even step up on a curb or push Katie's wheelchair, without intense pain in my knee.

She raised her hand in a fist with two fingers out and the thumb out and shot in the air..."if you're going to shoot down all my ideas, I can't help you" and started to leave the room. She stopped at the door as she noticed that I had now been reduced to a crying, blubbering baby. (If that was her intent, I have no idea, but there I was..wailing for all I was worth)

"Let's just say that I am not saying NO to your ideas, but that, with my knee hurting all the time, I just don't see how they can happen"

DRC is convinved that 99% of my problems would be alleviated with the use of a CPAP machine. So, she is going to call in a favor, and get someone to fill the RX for Sleep Apnea that Tarrant County stated they would not do.

She also filled a RX for Zoloft as she agreed that I was not acting right, but that she had not seen me enough to determine if I was 'depressed' or 'stressed'. She did so because I directed her to Dr B's note that I was depressed and that I used to be on Zoloft back in the '90's.

I have also found a support group that meets on Wednesday nights. and one that meets once a month on Thursday.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 02:14:26 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #856 on: March 28, 2009, 02:25:11 pm »

So I had to go to the store, and on the way, was just going to 'drop off' the application. 1 hour later....I finally go to drop it off and they will send me a notice of an appointment date. She notice my checking/savings balances and her chair jerked back...she immediately stated "oh, my, you're not in an emergency situation" 

"No, not exactly an emergency, right now. But the gate is up, and the lights are flashing and the train IS coming!"

not make a fire)

Ronnie Hunnie  :-* you NEVER show any case worker you Bank accounts are tell them that you even have one, this will came back and bit you in the ass, just when you need the most help, I know, I Learned that the hard way 12 yrs ago ,when I was sick and had to go on SSDI, and what ever else I needed at the time, remember ronnie, sometimes too much info can HURT you as well....... just saying  ??? some things are better left unsaid.........be VERY carefull just what you tell a case worker hunnie  ::)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 02:28:32 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline bear60

« Reply #857 on: March 28, 2009, 05:21:35 pm »
Gee Ron.....if it aint one thing its another. 
Now, I have a doctor who does the same thing.....make lots of "YOU NEED TO"  "YOU SHOULD" and  "IF YOU DONT, I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU CANT" statements.  So, I hear you with that.  I think all they need to hear is that you will give it some thought.  Never say "I cant" cause thats like waving a red flag in front of a bull. lol

Hugs
Joel
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #858 on: April 04, 2009, 09:27:04 pm »
Ronnie Hunnie  :-* you NEVER show any case worker you Bank accounts are tell them that you even have one, this will came back and bit you in the ass, just when you need the most help, I know, I Learned that the hard way 12 yrs ago ,when I was sick and had to go on SSDI, and what ever else I needed at the time, remember ronnie, sometimes too much info can HURT you as well....... just saying  ??? some things are better left unsaid.........be VERY carefull just what you tell a case worker hunnie  ::)

In keeping with this idea you might want to make some withdrawals from that checking account and just keep some cash laying around that won't show up if someone decides to look. 
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline denb45

« Reply #859 on: April 04, 2009, 10:33:21 pm »
In keeping with this idea you might want to make some withdrawals from that checking account and just keep some cash laying around that won't show up if someone decides to look. 

Yes, I heard that, find some Floorboards, Mattress's, Sofa cushions, Safes, coffee cans, or whatever else you can to hide it, you never know who might go looking, just to disqualify you for something you may need in the need future, if you own a House, or a Car, your screwed anyway, (at least for Food stamps or Medicade) so, I guess it won't matter much , I'm not too sure about TEXAS, every State has Very diffrerent
requirements and qualifications ??? GOOD LUCK
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 10:59:40 pm by denb45 »

Offline bear60

« Reply #860 on: April 05, 2009, 11:30:02 am »
Ron...
This might not be a bad idea. (Stashing some cash.) Just be sure you put it where you can find it again. Especially in this poor economic climate where interest rates for savings or CD's is only 1 or 2 percent!.  Whats to loose?

Joel

Offline rondrond

« Reply #861 on: April 07, 2009, 12:19:54 pm »
Saving Energy:

Well:  Dr C:   The one I don't like:  has shamed me. She made an appointment for me with a colleague of hers, Dr E. He agreed to donate a CPAP machine and provide care for my sleep apnea.

I wronged Dr C and had to admit it. This office was set off Hulen St (very ritzy neighborhood)  in a new complex that looked like a small village.    Walking in the front door sent my imagination to a day at the Country Club.

He was a sleep doctor and they had the rooms with the beds:  but unlike my previous exam, this room looked like a Genie's Bottle with silk tapestries on the walls and chandeliers, dripping with prisms on each side of the bed.  I was definitely feeling like a Princess.

Got the machine and instructions.

In the meantime, on the homefront, Katie decided to 'bundle' the Cable/phone/internet to save money. This meant changing from AT&T Yahoo to Charter. TWO days later: O>O we had access to our accounts and the internet. What a frigging nightmare. Download this, download that, uninstall this, uninstall that...OOPS...reinstall that.....

Then, to access the computer from her wheelchair, she uses her bedside table, placing the keyboard on it as it can be raised and lowered. Pulled the trigger on the lever to lower and parts went flying. So the table no longer goes up and down: dropped the keyboard on the floor and popped the space bar out...kinda...it wiggles back and forth like a seesaw...had to go to basement and find an old keyboard from old computer.

The pressure from the CPAP machine on my eardrums gave me a sinus infection. I couldn't open my jaw for two days and only today am I able to talk normal.

Today is Katie's birthday and Mom will be here shortly.

Still haven't got my haircut.

Called my tax accountant and he is going to see what can be done to get a stimulus as, though I didn't work, Katie gets SSI,  and I'm Head of Household. 0.0

My tongue is still burning. Once you get thrush, is it like herpes and you will always have it: running in the background?

Binder & Binder transferred my case to their New York office to do my appeal. Called today and they haven't even received my file yet.

We watched Marley and Me:  there should be a disclaimer about the ending:  I re-lived Darcell's death all over:   began when he couldn't get up the front porch stairs and I immediately blurted:  "that's the first sign" (not realizing they were going to follow it through...it was like driving by a car wreck.)

Then on Grace:  her dog Gus:  has been lying around on the bed and getting 'old'  I told Katie I don't think I can go through Gus's demise, too.....

I really feel like a piece of crap today:  the small of my back feels like it is going to snap:  but it's Katie's birthday:  and Mom will be here.
(...just, put on a Happy Face)

and, hey....I am still considered Head of Household  8)

Edited to add: the phone just rang:  it was PMC re: my INR which is at 9.5 and to stop taking the coumadin immediately.  :o

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 12:25:28 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #862 on: April 07, 2009, 12:28:07 pm »
YES you are still the Head-of-Household for what it's worth, I see your still alive and dealing with all of this MESS, but, at least it gives you reason to LIVE.............(((HAPPY BIRTHDAY Katie}}}} I would show up in a g-string and dance for her on her birthday, but, I live to far away  :'(

Offline rondrond

« Reply #863 on: April 07, 2009, 12:33:52 pm »
YES you are still the Head-of-Household for what it's worth, I see your still alive and dealing with all of this MESS, but, at least it gives you reason to LIVE.............(((HAPPY BIRTHDAY Katie}}}} I would show up in a g-string and dance for her on her birthday, but, I live to far away  :'(

WooHoo....wear a cowboy hat and boots and she will do anything...she is a fool for a cowboy.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #864 on: April 07, 2009, 12:48:58 pm »
WooHoo....wear a cowboy hat and boots and she will do anything...she is a fool for a cowboy.

How about the Cowboy Hat, w/ boots, the G-string, and my old Sheriff's Deputy-Gun-belt with my 45 in the holster.......... it's not the Texas Rangers, but,  I'd bet she'd love it just the same.........tee hee  ;D........hey, I'd be happy to do that on her Brrthday  ;D

Offline rondrond

« Reply #865 on: April 07, 2009, 12:50:43 pm »
BINGO....you just made her Birthday!  :P

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #866 on: April 07, 2009, 12:56:03 pm »
BINGO....you just made her Birthday!  :P
;D

Offline bear60

« Reply #867 on: April 07, 2009, 01:59:50 pm »
Hi
Is this what Katie likes?
Tell her Happy Birthday.

Hugs
joel

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #868 on: April 07, 2009, 06:19:55 pm »
I want what she's having!!!   

Happy Birthday Kaite!

Hugs,
AA

Offline bear60

« Reply #869 on: April 08, 2009, 08:46:31 am »
The pressure from the CPAP machine on my eardrums gave me a sinus infection. I couldn't open my jaw for two days and only today am I able to talk normal.  quote Ron

Have you given up on this sleep machine?

Offline rondrond

« Reply #870 on: April 14, 2009, 03:58:34 am »

I am Pentium of Borg. Division is futile. You will be approximated.

I survived. The CPAP  machine was not the cause of my jaw aching. It was the overdose of Coumadin. I was experiencing sharp pains in every joint, wrist, ankles, toes, knees, back, jaw.

Neuropathy was heightened to where I could not walk barefoot in the bathroom on my fluffy rug, that happened to have a small wrinkle in it, and I stepped on it, and after scraping myself off the ceiling, (thought I had stepped on a nail) I had to start wearing sandals all day.  I had extreme diaherrea and blood when I wiped my ass, my gums started bleeding, and I just, in general, felt like tee-total shit.

With every hour that passed after discontinuing the Coumadin, my symptoms started to reverse. This is the second time, I have had an overdose of Coumadin. I'm surprised I didn't just collapse to be found on the floor like the rats I poison in the basement, with the little dried pools of excreted body fluids from their mouths and asses.

Once again, DrC was just flabbergasted and shaking her head in disbelief that this could have happened from such a simple increase in my dosage.

I am now having INR checks twice a week, at least until next week, when I have to stop coumadin again as I am supposed to be off it for a week before my colonoscopy.

She was satisfied to get her question answered (she did not understand why I was in pain) from the Venous Doppler which had shown a pinched nerve in my inner thigh causing the numbness and aching pain in knee, down the shin, and ankle after sitting for a  period of time.

Dr E, who is now my 'Sleep Dr' has adjusted the CPAP from 12 down to 8 so my ear drums no longer feel like they are going to pop out. MY night sweats have been horrendous. I can see drops of sweat coming out of my arms and dripping on to my 'towel' linens. Wet clothes, wet hair, wet body, and of course: then I'm chilled and start shivering and it seems to take forever to get warm again.

Binder is still going over the appeal, no word.

I went to the support group. There was a mixture of men and women, straight and gay: just not that many people in the mix. There was probably 12 + staff. We had a small buffet set up, and a speaker. She began her lecture: she had a small flip chart on Food Preparation and Kitchen Hygiene.

MY eyes glazed over. I was totally bored for an hour. Found out that my wooden cutting board and utensils, that I've only used for the past 25 years, are killing me: harboring dangerous bacteria, no matter how well I clean them: I should be dead from food poisoning.

Couldn't wait to get out of there. I won't go back.

Saturday was the first day that I didn't have diaherrea and felt like: perhaps, my internal organs hadn't completely melted.

Lousy Easter. It was cold. We even had hail, in the morning. What's up with the weather these days? It's just been crazy. One disaster after another.

Then: there's this bag of Toffee Poppycock Popcorn. I just opened it, and it's nearly empty  :(  :P  I only wanted a taste.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #871 on: April 14, 2009, 11:55:57 am »
"Then: there's this bag of Toffee Poppycock Popcorn. I just opened it, and it's nearly empty      I only wanted a taste. " quote
Honey after what you went thru, its no wonder you have a compulsion to eat....cause it makes us feel better. I, like you,dont agree about the wooden cutting boards.  I have only used wooden for 30 years. Kurt on the other hand, likes plastic flexible cutting boards ( color coded).  He has one for vegies, one for chicken and one for red meat.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 11:58:51 am by bear60 »

Offline denb45

« Reply #872 on: April 14, 2009, 12:13:15 pm »

Honey after what you went thru, its no wonder you have a compulsion to eat....cause it makes us feel better. I, like you,dont agree about the wooden cutting boards.  I have only used wooden for 30 years. Kurt on the other hand, likes plastic flexible cutting boards ( color coded).  He has one for vegies, one for chicken and one for red meat.

I used the glass cutting-boards, with the little rubber feet on the bottom, I got them at BIG-0- LOTS, they make a lotta noise tho, when I use them, but, they are so easy to clean up....Bob hates them, says they're way too noisy for him, but he never cooks anyway  ??? I do most all of it, he has never learned how to cook
for his heart health ( like his  Cari do doctor keep telling him) what would he do without me  ::)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 12:16:35 pm by denb45 »

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #873 on: April 14, 2009, 11:32:51 pm »
How about the Cowboy Hat, w/ boots, the G-string, and my old Sheriff's Deputy-Gun-belt with my 45 in the holster.......... it's not the Texas Rangers, but,  I'd bet she'd love it just the same.........tee hee  ;D........hey, I'd be happy to do that on her Brrthday  ;D

Yee Haw!

My birthday is in July, just so you know.  ;) 

I have heard this argument for years. Frankly, I don't think it matters as long as you have several, one for each type of duty as Joel mentioned Kurt has.

As for the popcorn, well, Ronnie, I think you deserved a bit of a treat, don't you?   ;D

HUGS,

Mark

"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #874 on: April 16, 2009, 04:26:00 am »
You should congratulateyourself because you didn't eat the WHOLE bag!   :D

Offline denb45

« Reply #875 on: April 16, 2009, 10:09:04 am »
Yee Haw!

My birthday is in July, just so you know.  ;) 

I have heard this argument for years. Frankly, I don't think it matters as long as you have several, one for each type of duty as Joel mentioned Kurt has.

As for the popcorn, well, Ronnie, I think you deserved a bit of a treat, don't you?   ;D

HUGS,

Mark

Hey Mark, being that your only 3 hrs away, and Ronnie lives about another 10, I just might take you up on that  ;D

Offline bear60

« Reply #876 on: April 18, 2009, 09:27:28 am »
"....Bob hates them, says they're way too noisy for him, but he never cooks anyway   I do most all of it" quote denb

I am often on the phone when Kurt is making dinner ( HE makes dinner because he wont eat my cooking) and he likes to pound the meat to tenderize it....and talk about noise!  But he makes a mean chicken marsala.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #877 on: April 24, 2009, 11:18:52 am »
Moo...

I have not noticed any change in my sleep or how I feel since starting this CPAP machine business. So far, it has just given me something else to keep clean, as you have to fill a reservoir with distilled water (not furnished, and is now $1.25 at Wal Mart) and clean the face mask parts (parts is parts) ....

I got a notice from Food Stamps last week that I would be getting a 'phone interview' this morning at 9am. I had my 'life in a bag' all spread out on the kitchen table (paperwork and paperwork and more paperwork) and sat around waiting for the phone to ring.

905am: it rang. She asked me if I had any income and for my drivers license number. I had already turned in the application filled out by my case worker: she must have known her stuff: because the battle I was prepared for did not happen. (I was completely prepared to be: Denied)

Instead, I kept hearing "you're approved come in and pick up your card on Monday" ??(here in Texas, it's called the 'Lone Star Card" which I keep getting confused with the 'Lone Star Race Track' that's in between Dallas and Fort Worth)  and so in my confusion, I'm hearing " any questions?"

"uh: yeah: is this FREE?"  "Yes"  "Are there any fees?   "NO" 

"Well, ok then" and that was that: took about 15 minutes. *must remember to thank my case worker*

Had my 3 month labs drawn and will get the results on my next visit. Today is my count down to the 30th: endocopy/colonocscopy: still feeling apprehensive about it, even though reading about the good results others have had. (I think I am just balking at the idea of not being able to EAT all day.  :-\

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 11:30:24 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #878 on: April 24, 2009, 11:32:24 am »
Wow, Ronnie that's Great News about your Food Stamps, I've never had much luck with dealing with medicaid, they always told me, I was boarder-line, and there wasn't really much they could do for me,
my local ASO office says the same thing yr. after yr. they been telling me this for the last 12 yrs. with your income level, we can't really do much for you......why do I even bother  ???
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 11:33:59 am by denb45 »

Offline rondrond

« Reply #879 on: April 24, 2009, 11:37:54 am »
It bends my mind to read their literature, but there are several programs. I applied for Food Stamps ONLY not medicaid or anything else. I think, that is what made it so easy.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #880 on: April 24, 2009, 11:51:52 am »
I got a notice from Food Stamps last week that I would be getting a 'phone interview' this morning at 9am. I had my 'life in a bag' all spread out on the kitchen table (paperwork and paperwork and more paperwork) and sat around waiting for the phone to ring.
a lot of states are switching to phone interviews now. I just had my yearly review (in Oh) by phone two weeks ago. They said that it saves all the gas that people used to drive in to come to the interviews. I was expecting a big to-do too since my caseworker changed after 10 yrs and I moved to this house and situation 6 months ago; but the whole thing took 15 mins and would have taken about 5 if I hadn't been chatty with the new caseworker. LOL

Glad to hear you got approval for the food stamps (Ohio has the "Direction Card"). It sure helps life move along nicely when you've got some food in the cupboards and you're not doing the Mother Hubbard impersonation. LOL
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline denb45

« Reply #881 on: April 24, 2009, 02:42:50 pm »
It bends my mind to read their literature, but there are several programs. I applied for Food Stamps ONLY not medicaid or anything else. I think, that is what made it so easy.

Here in New Mexico, you have to go thur the Medicaid office, to get any kinda help, (food stamp General Assistance, QMB) our local ASO is a joke ,they don't really do much anything at all, but collect names and get paid by the Feds, Drug addicts and Prostitutes, are treated way better than I'am , and get more assistance, the system here in my State like many others, is VERY BROKEN, and it's a real shame......the people who really need the help cannot get any, and the ones that do, really don't need any help at all
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 02:44:50 pm by denb45 »

Offline bear60

« Reply #882 on: April 25, 2009, 10:24:37 am »
Hi Ron
Good news about the card. 
In regard to the colonoscopy......just be sure to follow instructions.  Cleaning out is crucial, because if they cant see your colon lining,  you have to come back again.
It was really amusing being in a room of about 20 people in beds,  who were all farting, after the colonoscopy.  The nurses were saying..." Its ok to pass gas." 

Joel

Offline denb45

« Reply #883 on: April 25, 2009, 11:18:54 am »
Hi Ron
Good news about the card. 
In regard to the colonoscopy......just be sure to follow instructions.  Cleaning out is crucial, because if they cant see your colon lining,  you have to come back again.
It was really amusing being in a room of about 20 people in beds,  who were all farting, after the colonoscopy.  The nurses were saying..." Its ok to pass gas." 

Joel

I don't even remember that part of it, (all the farting) I was so outta-of-it, I can't even remember how I got home, I seem to have forgot that part too  ??? all I recall before the colonoscopy was this overweight RN shoving these Carmel candies into her month and rolling her eyes at me, after she injected the DOPE into my IV, and this very Handsome DR. with black furry arms, and a chin-strap-beard, talking to me, and asking me lots of questions, right before everything when BLACK  :o
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 11:24:40 am by denb45 »

Offline rondrond

« Reply #884 on: April 26, 2009, 03:01:11 am »
Running a Race:

..and this in from my Little Sister, Terry:

"On the colonoscopy not being able to eat will not be what is on you mind, because it will be your behind that will be keeping you busy.  Once the medicine kicks in you will be visiting the toilet hour after hour. If you every got the boudee (bow-day) working now would be a good time to use it.  Baby wipes are ok at first till the acid starts to burn your bum.  Then water helps a little. "

o.O ...Apparently, once again, as in the cases of Santa, The Easter bunny, The Tooth Fairy, and S-E-X, I am, once again....the LAST to know.  :D ....it must be a 'woman' thing' to keep the men in the house, in the dark as long as possible.....O.o

Dennis,
I LIKE your doctor with the dark, furry , arms...the beard...I had a handsome S_O_B during my stay with the blood clot. I vaguely remember a voice speaking to me above blue scrubs: the color nicely contrasting very nicely in the 'V-Neck' : hairs from his chest. caressing his throat as these hairy arms held a clipboard, brown eyes, dark hair, : I MELTED. : "anything: anything at all, just : say it. "

edited to add:
Friday night, I started getting hot and my nose started running. of course, I thought I was getting the dreaded Swine Flu Virus. My heard hurt and I had volatile diaherrea. Saturday I spent in the recliner. As long as I was horizontal, my sinuses stayed dry, and I did not hurt. By Saturday night @6pm my nose stopped running and so did my a**. Right now, I feel just fine. Must have caught a 24 hour bug. oh, well, I guess I won't make the news.  :-\
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 03:13:47 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #885 on: April 26, 2009, 02:40:23 pm »

Dennis,
I LIKE your doctor with the dark, furry , arms...the beard...I had a handsome S_O_B during my stay with the blood clot. I vaguely remember a voice speaking to me above blue scrubs: the color nicely contrasting very nicely in the 'V-Neck' : hairs from his chest. caressing his throat as these hairy arms held a clipboard, brown eyes, dark hair, : I MELTED. : "anything: anything at all, just : say it. "

Yes, the Doctor was cute, I might add, but that RN, was down-right SCARY , she reminded me of the scene in the TV-movie Sybil, staring Sally Fields where she had multi-personalities, and right before, she would get her enema, that dreadful women would close all the drapes, and shove them dam Carmel caddies into her mouth, right before the SEXUAL ABUSE started....anyone who's ever seen that movie, knows what I'm talking about  ???
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 02:48:39 pm by denb45 »

Offline bear60

« Reply #886 on: April 26, 2009, 02:59:53 pm »
Ron....you didnt know about the "cleaning out" process....where you shit your guts out for 12 hours?  Oh....well...its really not bad.  The WORST thing would be to do it all and then be told you didnt clean out enough and have to come back.

Offline denb45

« Reply #887 on: April 26, 2009, 05:53:18 pm »
Ron....you didnt know about the "cleaning out" process....where you shit your guts out for 12 hours?  Oh....well...its really not bad.  The WORST thing would be to do it all and then be told you didnt clean out enough and have to come back.

Joel......what did they give you to clean yourself out, I had to drink this dreadful stuff called "GOLIGHTLY"
you just add in the water and mix, and it tasted like drinking GAS, but, it did the job, and I was CLEAN & READY.........don't worry Ronnie, the DRUGS are very good, you won't feel a thing at all, but for the awful GAS after it's over  ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 05:56:36 pm by denb45 »

Offline bear60

« Reply #888 on: April 27, 2009, 12:13:41 pm »
Dennis
Actually I was prescribed a special product developed by the Gastro Docs at the clinic I went to.  But Kurt, when he had his colonoscopy, used a product called "Half Lyte".  So I guess there's more than one way to clean out a colon.
Good luck Ron

Joel

Offline rondrond

« Reply #889 on: April 29, 2009, 02:33:43 am »

...not now Rose......

I have my container of Golyghtley on the counter. I am in a conundrum due to conflicting instructions. On the container, it says to start drinking at 5 pm and continue drinking 8 0zs every 15 minutes until gone.

On my instruction sheet, it says: 1st half: start at 9am and drink every 10 minutes until half gone. Then: 2nd half:  at 4pm start to drink every 10 minutes until empty.

I am very worried about going into the hospital with the Swine Flu Virus having come to town.

Maybe I should reschedule. :-\

Mom is ready:  she called to make sure I was doing what I was supposed to be doing:  she will be my designated driver.

This might not be a good time for this.  :-\

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #890 on: April 29, 2009, 09:00:08 am »
Don't put it off!!!   

Just be careful and if anyone starts coughing or sneezing move and wash your hands.  Tell the nurse to make them wear a mask. 

You need to have this done!  :-*

AA

Offline denb45

« Reply #891 on: April 29, 2009, 10:19:59 am »
I ended up drinking the Golyghtley every 10 min. until it was gone, I started at about 2PM, and buy 9PM that night I was all done, I didn't have time to be hungry, I was on the crapper most of that day......here's a Tip Ronnie, you'll know your all cleaned out when your Poop is all clear, and, the Golyghtley is gone.....as for the flu, I wouldn't worry too much about that right now, go do what you need to do, just wash your hands, and don't be around a lot of people, if you don't have to be, you can buy a box of mask at any drug store, if they have any left  ;D I wash my hands every time I go out and touch anything ,while I'm out
I NEVER get colds or even get sick, knock-on-wood  :-\
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 10:22:40 am by denb45 »

Offline rondrond

« Reply #892 on: April 29, 2009, 10:36:02 am »
Joel......what did they give you to clean yourself out, I had to drink this dreadful stuff called "GOLIGHTLY"
you just add in the water and mix, and it tasted like drinking GAS, but, it did the job, and I was CLEAN & READY.........don't worry Ronnie, the DRUGS are very good, you won't feel a thing at all, but for the awful GAS after it's over  ;D

oh holy Crap...I'm drinking GAS...

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #893 on: April 29, 2009, 10:48:25 am »

oh holy Crap...I'm drinking GAS...

To me It tasted like that, more of a strong metallic taste, after you get thur half of it, and you start getting hungry, you won't notice it all the much, the trick is to drink it down as fast as you can, and get it over with, it's not really as bad as it sounds, you'll be fine  ;D

Offline rondrond

« Reply #894 on: April 29, 2009, 11:09:32 am »
My second glass...I put two ice cubes in it....

omg....

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #895 on: April 29, 2009, 11:36:51 am »

...these 30 minute intervals sure do happen quickly...

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #896 on: April 29, 2009, 04:53:23 pm »
Frankly I would not put ice cubes in it....it takes longer for cold stuff to move thru the stomach.  You want this stuff to "GoLytley"...lol

Offline denb45

« Reply #897 on: April 29, 2009, 06:39:59 pm »
Frankly I would not put ice cubes in it....it takes longer for cold stuff to move thru the stomach.  You want this stuff to "GoLytley"...lol

Tell him, Daddy Joel  ;D

Offline rondrond

« Reply #898 on: April 30, 2009, 03:59:58 am »
Daddy Joel... :P

...but:  the coldness made it taste better..
I finished the jug at 10pm. I'm now sitting here thirsty and hungry..."I'm thinking Arby's" :  BIG TIME

Fort Worth has closed the School District. (as though all those kids are going to stay home and not congregate at the movies or arcades (_?_) Mom called concerned about all those sick people in the hospital and wondering if I thought that maybe I should reschedule:

"NO. I've just finished a gallon of gasoline called Golytley: been chugging, churning, and burning all day:  no way:  I'll drive myself if I have to:  they can park me in the lobby until I feel that I can drive"

She'll be here at 7am.

I'd rather be hunting Somali Pirates:

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #899 on: May 01, 2009, 08:48:34 am »
Ron....
We're waiting to hear from you on how the colonoscopy went!  Hope all is well.

Joel

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.