Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:17:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 329
Total: 330

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Need advice on testing  (Read 16617 times)

Offline gettingmymessages

Need advice on testing
« on: March 23, 2007, 04:49:57 pm »
Hello..i,m from Canada..to start i want to say i was diagnosed with gentital herpes i,m not sure when i got it but my guess is 3 months ago or before....anyways 3 month ago i had unprotected sex with a girl which i know find out that she is possible infected with the hiv virus its almost certain from rumors but i don't know for sure..13  days after the incident i started all the known symptoms.. interment fevers.
i had the Night sweats that soaked my pajamas this happen on 2 or 3 occasions.
i developed a rash on my face and both hands i Had swollen glands in the neck, armpits and groin area this is know for sure because i felt them.
i also developed a Sore throat and a white tongue which i still have today i also developed jagged edges on the top and ridges on the side of my tongue which on one part is starting to go white..it is starting to look like ohl but maybe like the begging ..i also have extreme fatigue since the begging and even know in the morning when i weak up i have such a hard time getting out of bed..with extrem headaches..i have also lost 14 pounds since the begging and still lose weight if i dont eat enough as if my metabolism is on over drive i also notice i bruise more easier and on the side of my nose its purple ..i was tested at 6,7,8,9,11,12,and 13 weeks all negative i went for a ct scan did blood work also and upper and lower endoscopy the doctors cant find anything although my last doctored seen the white tongue which is so bad it bubbles from the back of my throat thinks i have a suppressed immune system..but doesn't know why..my question is..will all those negatives..can i take as conclusive?..even if maybe this girl is hiv positive?..with all these symptoms doesn't it look the worst my hiv doctor said that the test today would have detected it..any advice would be appreciated..also today i,m also
tiredness and feel that not well feeling all around please advice thanks
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 04:52:00 pm by gettingmymessages »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Need advice on testing
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 05:20:43 pm »
Yes, as difficult as it is for you to believe since you have all kinds of symptoms which are bothering you, your negative HIV test at 13 weeks or beyond is definitely reliable. You ARE HIV negative. Period. End of story.

Whatever is causing your symptoms has nothing to do with HIV. If your doctor can't come up with an explanation then you need to get a second or a third opinion until the matter is resolved.

It doesn't matter what your mind is telling you otherwise. The fact is you have reliably tested negative for HIV. That's it.

Good luck with getting the problem diagnosed properly and resolved.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Need advice on testing
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 05:40:49 pm »
Thanks Andy i needed someone to say that... i have been so scared the last 3 months..do you think maybe i have EBV (mono)rather than herpes2 and they diagnosed it wrong and that would explaining the fatigue and symptoms.. i hear there similar to hiv....i also hear its part of the herpes family and its so hard to tell them apart..also i have been so scared the last 3 months do you think that i made myself more sick..i mean i have been really scared..also the white tongue i am on nystatin but it doesn't seem to be working and i have been on it for 4 weeks..the doctor the went in my stomach said he seen it in my throat as well..can nerves cause the white tongue..thank you kindest regards

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 06:14:08 pm »
We absolutely cannot diagnose symptoms here. We know for sure that HIV has been ruled out. If you don't get satisfaction from one doctor then see another. It's unsettling and uncomfortalbe, but someone is going to diagnose it and then you can get it properly treated.

Good luck with that. Happily HIV is not in the equation for you.
Andy Velez

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 07:00:30 pm »
Thanks you Andy..you have been a big help.. :)sincerly

Offline godblessu

Re: Need advice on testing !!! read
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 07:16:01 pm »
you are healthy and can even be blood donor . they will test u if u was exopsed and long your test is neg u are good blood donor roll up sleeve and safe a life . i was in same shoes as you 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 08:58:12 am »
God bless, as Rod has already told you in another thread, you need to stick ONLY to your own thread. This is the last warning you will get about this. If it happens again you will be given a time out.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Andy Velez

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 12:35:23 pm »
 :-\

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 12:42:33 pm »
Hello..Andy i have one last question i just found out yesterday that this girl that possibly affected me is indeed 100% hiv positive..should i be concerned with my hiv negative at 13 weeks?...also i believe it might have been only been 88 days maybe 91 days i,m not 100% certain i do believe  it is 91 days though since that possible day also should i get retested one last time?..i have an appointment next week or should i go or cancel it..this would make it 15 weeks what do you think with my possible high ex poser now knowing that indeed she is hiv positive..please advice

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 01:18:14 pm »
getting,

You are conclusively hiv negative. The window period is the same whether your partner is hiv positive or if their status is unknown. You do not need further testing.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence. Make sure you use them in future and you will stay hiv negative.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 01:24:02 pm »
Thank You Ann for taking the time to answer my post  :-*Kindest Regards

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 01:58:15 pm »
The whole point of consistently using condoms is they provide very effective protection and thus make irrelevant whether you are with someone who is HIV+ or not. But you do have to use them consistently.

No exceptions. 
Andy Velez

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 08:06:40 am »
I have one last question..i read threads that say you must test 13 weeks after the most recent unprotected incident...how much time after..i think i tested 3 months 1 day after... is that enough? 91 days..and what if i,m mistaking and i tested abit less like 88 days would that make a difference?..should i get tested again..i cant explain those drenching night sweats i had at the begging..and the extream fatigue..also i have been diagnosed with an oral yeast infection,like 2 weeks after my possible ex poser and it still has not cleared up and i have been using nystatin and apo-fluconzole since..shouldn't it have cleared up by now..also i heard you burn more calories when you are hiv positive..i noticed i cant put on weight.. i can maintain my weight but i need to eat more than i us ally did..and now still today i still seem to have sinus problems..can i be one of those people that test late..i,t just seems weird i find out this girl is indeed hiv positive..and know i have all the symptoms of hiv to the tee..that's seems to be a big  coincidence

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 09:25:16 am »
In many countries 12 weeks is considered sufficient. We follow the CDC's recommendation of 13 weeks. No matter how you slice it you have conclusively tested negative for HIV. Period. End of story.

Whatever is going on with you has noething to do with HIV. Your symptoms are something to discuss with your doctor.
Andy Velez

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 11:06:15 am »
Hello..Andy i,m feeling really nervous these last few days i went on medhelp and asked for another opion from the doctor there, he is not usually as Conservative as you guys are and usually always says a 6 to 8 weeks is 100% conclusive and he never has seen a negative this far to turn positive,but i,n my tread he didn't sound so sure about himself,i told him i tested at 91 days negative but if i read between the lines in his tread i think he thinks i need retesting.i have this white tongue and thrush that hasn't cleared up with treatment since 11 weeks,i also have bad abdominal pain on and off and having a hard time maintaining my weight i have to eat alittle more than usally to maintain my weight, i have a purple blotch on the side of my nose,very dry skin and one elbow that is all white and thick and dry,i,m really scared did i test out far enough i keep ready you must test past 3 months what does that mean can i be one of those 3% i also have burning feeling in the back of my neck alot it feels like swollen nodes,i,m really scared even my girl friend had 1 night of dreancing sweat at the begging but thats it,but she also has a running nose all the time and in the middle of the night i hear her cough,below is a more detailed description of my symptoms as i remember them please tell me what you think,do i need retesting?is my 91 days conclusive i,m really really scared please i need advice from alot of mouths here please,..it all started 13 days after my exposer I started a runny nose with dry blood in the morning,I also started getting very dry cracked chapped lips,then I developed swollen nodes in the back of my neck and armpits,I also had a very hot feeling all around the back of my neck and color bone with a slight red appearance,I developed a very red noticeable rash on the top of both my hands and 2 on each side of my face. This followed with intermittent fevers 2 days at 37.7 and the rest between 36.9 and 37.4 ,I had night sweats for about 2 to 3 days that drenched my shirt my neck and forehead and my pillow case I mean soaking .I developed a cough and shortly after a white tongue that still persist today even after treatment of nystatin and apo-fluconazolie, it cleared up abit but I still have it. I also lost around 16 pounds and it seems the weight came from my arms and chest,I managed to put back on 7 pounds but it seems to be on my abdominal,its al swollen I was extremely tired I couldn't even work for a month,I felt like I was dying ,I also developed the odd rash on my chest that looked like pin size pimple and then alot of small red dots on both my biceps and a few on forearm they almost look like petachie ..around a week ago I started getting very mild pins and needles in my hands and feet on and off,and also have joint pain..also a burning feeling around one of my ankles,I also developed abdominal pain which is on and off,,do i need future testing?..what do they mean when they say test 3 months past the possible exposer?..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 12:06:43 pm »
STOP READING "BETWEEN THE LINES." It's bad for your health. You have reliably tested negative for HIV. You ARE HIV negative. Period. End of story.

Your head is telling you otherwise but it's wrong. You need to discuss your symptoms with a doctor. Get a second opinion if necessary. Whatever is going on has nothing to do with HIV. Really.

Andy Velez

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 02:45:58 pm »
Hello..Andy thanks can you tell me if you know of anyone that has tested postive past a 13 week negative?..i know you say symptoms mean nothing a negative test says it all, but why does everyone say test 3 months past,like they mean weeks or months past..Andy i got to tell you i have never felt anything like this before in my life i swear i felt like i was dying and i,m never sick.i just cant explain it, did you read my symptoms.is there anyone one on this site that serconvented late on this site like 13 weeks or more have they all been in the ball park of 8 weeks..anyone?..if i didnt tell you that i had a negative 13 week would you not think i was infected with all those symptoms..i mean what else can they be,i had every test in the world...i had a CT scan,lung xrays ,blood work for all diseases in the world, they found out i have HSV-2,maybe infected that day i dont know,they did blood work for cancer,what else can it be..can it be the HSV-1 sercovented,,maybe that was it is it possible i heard some people sercovent really bad when they are first infected with HSV-2
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 02:51:16 pm by gettingmymessages »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 05:40:01 pm »
getting,

You don't have hiv. You have conclusively ruled hiv out of the picture.

Stress and anxiety can cause all sorts of physical problems, so if you doctor can't find out what's wrong, then maybe it's time you also started working with a mental health care professional so you can learn how to get your anxiety levels down. You just might find you start feeling better when you do.

There is nothing further we can do for you here. You are hiv negative - make sure you use condoms correctly and consistently and you will stay that way.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007, 04:50:25 pm »
Hello..Andy or Ann or anyone i,m still alittle concerned about my 91 day negative test should I be retested?.. I had very severe symptoms...I have read one post where one person tested negative at 7 weeks to test positive only at a latter date..I have also heard that there is no documented cases where anyone has tested negative at 6 weeks to test positive at a latter date well that would not be true if you were to read this form below..
http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Meds/Archive/FirstLine/Q73192.html

also on your form threes is this one guy madbrain that only tested positive only at 4 months even after a repeated negative test as well..he only serconvented at 12 weeks....please advice

6/23/2006 : negative for HIV antibody
10/27/2006 : positive for HIV antibody
11/1/2006 CD4 716 CD4% 32% VL 598
11/28/2006 CD4 655 CD4% 31% VL 2477
1/26/2007 CD4 788 CD4% 40% VL 2437

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=5263.0

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2007, 08:12:31 pm »
No, you do not need to retest. Whatever your symptoms were they were not related to HIV. You're done with your HIV scare. Your negative.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2007, 05:07:32 am »
getting,

You are conclusively hiv negative. You can test all you like, but your results won't change unless you engage in further risky behaviour.

Which is probably exactly what madbrain did in between his negative and positive results. You can listen to patient anecdote and scare yourself silly, or you can listen to the science and be confidant of your negative hiv status. It's up to you. However, you won't be allowed to use this site to continually doubt your conclusive negative result.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2007, 06:36:58 am »
Ok thanks ann i wil take your advice..i will try and put this behind me..wishing you all the best

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2007, 04:00:55 pm »
Hello..Andy i know apparently my test at 91 days is suppose to be conclusive..but is it possible that if i was coinfected with HSV-2 at the same time and its affecting the serconvence period for the HIV test..i have another test tomorrow which will be 15 1/2 weeks i,m finding out now that i was most probally infected with HSV-2 that day as well..is it possible the intial infection of HSV-2 caused all those symptoms..i hear they can be very servere and cause a white tongue as well,,and as well as fever and flu like symptoms,maybe that can explian my symptoms..but now i,m still very sick my nodes in my neck are still burning and swollen i have had a sinus problem since the begging and my white tongue seems to be getting worst again , i have also had 3 HSV-2 outbreaks in as little as 15 weeks is that normal...i,m i conclusively negative>can i expect another negative tomorrow?does anyon know what might be causeing my symptoms..anyone?..

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2007, 04:04:23 pm »
It will not delay your seroconversion and you are reliably HIV negative.

Discuss your symptoms with your Dr. you have already ruled out HIV keep going and determine what it actually is.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2007, 05:09:25 pm »
Hello..I have a few question Today I went to a clinic that specializing just on infectious diseases......nothing more this is were all the people  actually go to get there meds and treatment and follow ups, viral loads test etc.... the waiting list is 3 months...,.they retested me today for HIV and any other possible diseases I may have contracted..this has been 16 weeks past my possible exposer I tested at 15 negative ..but they wanted to retest me again today..I asked them if 13 weeks was indeed conclusive and the Doctor Said Oh no Oh no people do test positive past these dates even ones with no other illness or suppressed immune systems..why would she say that if 13 weeks is conclusive??I,d like to say again this a clinic that specializes in infectious disease..I,m alittle freaked out what am I suppose to believe!..its 4 months now and i still feel very fatigue,white tongue that appears to be getting worst,and hot around the neck area almost like my body is still fighting of an infection..i also still need to eat more than usual to maintain my weight not alot just abit more but still why would i lose weight without trying..do i need to worry..i,m really freaking out..all other illnesses have been rules out i have done every test possible,nothing so whats going on..is my test negative?..is there anyone that test positive past 3 months...honestly not what the guidelines want you to say i want the truth..it seems to be all the same answers the symptoms mean nothing,3 months is conclusive ,it just a coincidence you have all the same symptoms of ARS for no apparent reason please the truth..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2007, 05:14:58 pm »
get,

You are conclusively hiv negative and your results are NOT going to change.

You'd be wise to see a doctor about whatever is really going on with you, because whatever it is, it is NOT hiv. If all these symptoms you are worrying about were down to hiv, you would have tested positive by now. You aren't positive.

You are conclusively hiv negative and there is nothing more we can do for you here. Make sure you use condoms in future so you stay hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2007, 05:20:32 pm »
So, you are saying you are having symptoms due to having HIV, being that "you have ruled EVERYTHING else out".  In order for you to have symptoms of HIV infection and in order for HIV to be wreaking havoc on your body to the point it manifests itself physically (symptoms) you would have to have an EXTREMELY high viral load.  If you had an EXTREMELY high viral load it would be detected by the test.  Do you see the logic.  You cant have symptoms caused by HIV and then not be able to find it when you test, its physically IMPOSSIBLE.

As for what they told you..... ask them why.  13 weeks is conclusive.  You are negative.
RIDE!!!

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2007, 05:38:08 pm »
I did try and ask her but she did,nt give me any answer she just say Oh NO OH NO ..i also do understand what your saying about the havoc thing...but is that really true..would the virus show..i mean .i,m not dying here i,m just having candia in the throat and the white tongue and still feeling the fatigue and still feeling hot around the next area and that uneasiness feelin that somethings wrong with my body..and i mean i passed every test possible in the last 4 months i went to the hospital over 20 appointments...this clinic again specializes in HIV ..they don't do any thing else...have you ever heard of someone testing positive past 3 months?...for real...i also think there doing another test on my blood something else not quite sure what else it is..its not the regular one its something else..i,m alittle scared more now than before should i be?..

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2007, 05:40:05 pm »
Also forgot to say when you are first infected HIV is causing Havoc on yr body but its not detected so why cant it not be detected past 3 months..there all the same symptoms i had at the begging just there not stopping..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2007, 05:52:02 pm »
get,

As soon as a person becomes infected, the body start to mount a defence. This defence takes the shape of antibody production. The production of antibodies sometimes causes physical symptoms - this is what causes the symptoms, not the hiv itself.

If your symptoms were the physical evidence of antibody production, then your body would have produced enough antibodies by now to be detected on the standard ELISA test.

You ARE hiv negative. It's high time you moved on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2007, 11:58:01 am »
Are you saying i am conclusively hiv negative guaranteed!!!,and its impossible to be positive after a 15 week negative no matter what !..are you sure 100% no one has turned positive after 15 weeks negative....even with all the symptoms i had..they retested me again yesterday because i was getting other blood work..so i can rest assure it will be negative
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 11:59:34 am by gettingmymessages »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2007, 12:02:34 pm »
If you tested negative at 15 weeks, then you'll test negative any other time unless you had a new risk.

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2007, 12:20:17 pm »
I had no other risk and in fact i haven't even had sex in all this time nothing no one..are you sure rapid i can rest at ease now..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2007, 12:24:36 pm »
END OF SUBJECT!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2007, 12:56:30 pm »
If you really can't let go of this unwarranted concern then you need to get some professional help. Working on that with you is beyond the province of this forum.

This is not an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2007, 11:02:05 pm »
I had a 15 in a half week negative, but i still have extreme symptoms..burning around my neck and feet every were pretty much and a white tongue that wont clear up..i cant find out whats wrong with me and i had a high risk...are you sure no one turns positive after 15 and a half weeks has it ever happened?..has it ever happened?...has it ever happened...

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2007, 10:15:29 am »
I had a 15 in a half week negative, but i still have extreme symptoms..burning around my neck and feet every were pretty much and a white tongue that wont clear up..i cant find out whats wrong with me and i had a high risk...are you sure no one turns positive after 15 and a half weeks has it ever happened?..has it ever happened?...has it ever happened...i even been having night sweats again..please is my 15 1/2 weeks conclusive..has anyone turned postive after this amount of time?..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2007, 10:31:39 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2007, 10:38:18 am »
Listen to Rod.

And I humbly suggest you seek the help of a mental health professional to help you get past this.  Print this thread out and take it to your first therapy session so the therapist can better help you.

We can do nothing more for you here.
RIDE!!!

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2007, 04:03:52 pm »
Hello..i just have one last question promise please reply..i contracted herpes from an HIV POTIVE person this is for sure..it was the only contact i had with anyone in the last 17 weeks.. and my doctor told me it was a new infection...now i had all the symptoms of ARS all of them extreme night sweats and exreame weight lose in the first 2 weeks and rashes,and still have a white tongue and its now 17 weeks and still have night sweats 2 nights in arrow and  a few on and off.. and  its was really cold in my room last night..i also was diognosed with PCP,and a sinus infection,which i took antibiotics for for 2 weeks but still have it,and still swollen nodes in the neck area and i have a hard time breathing now as well..is it not true that if i got the HSV-2 from this person that the HIV virus would i have not caught  the HIV virus as well?..my question to you is do i retest? or stop and take everyone advice that a 13 week is conclusive..every doctor still cant find whats causing my symptoms..is my negative test conclusive regardsless of these ongoing symptoms?..and with the herpes?...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2007, 04:09:56 pm »
What is your problem? You tested beyond the window and received a negative result.  I have never seen anyone that wanted to be diagnosed with HIV as much as you do. You don't have HIV and that is the end of our conversations on this subject.

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2007, 04:14:48 pm »
I dont want it Rapid Rod really i,m just scared and i know you guys have experience with it...remember rapid there person i was with was 100% sure HIV..and no protecting and i caught herpes from her 100%..and i had drenching night sweats i mean soaking and still do ..and sinus infection and PCP..all this was diagnosed by a doctor and i have so much thrush it litterally bubbles from my throat up into my mouth.really i dont want it..its just a big coincidence..isnt it?.

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2007, 04:16:44 pm »
also i,m sorry Rapid i dont mean o get you upset i apreciate your support..i just need to hear that it is impossible that the test would have not caught it by this time..i was tested every since  6 weeks to 15 and a half weeks..all negative i just want to be sure

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2007, 04:22:22 pm »
also i,m sorry Rapid i dont mean o get you upset i apreciate your support..i just need to hear that it is impossible that the test would have not caught it by this time..i was tested every since  6 weeks to 15 and a half weeks..all negative i just want to be sure

But the thing is...you HAVE already been told that.  You just continue to ask it over and over and over anyway.

Does anyone else here find a nugget of humor in the name "gettingmymessages"?

Because it doesn't seem like you really are. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.