Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:48:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 607
Total: 611

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: DATING THREAD PART XXXV1 - HALFWAY THERE ALREADY!!  (Read 56633 times)

tendai

Re: DATING THREAD PART XXXV1 - HALFWAY THERE ALREADY!!
« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2008, 07:42:59 am »
Hie all

Im hoping its a strategy to have the violence stop and then he'l go on and contest the elections anyway. There is a lot of violence.  People are being forced to attend ZANU meetings and they have formed "bases' where ZANU youths go spend the night chanting and doing whatever.  They can just come and take you from your house and keep you there singing along with them.  These are the unemployed broke school-drops or failures who will do anything for a beer.  A walk around Harare u'd be forgiven for thinking Mugabe is the only one campaigning.  There are posters of Tsvangirai but not as much as Mugabes.  Those are splattered  everywhere, on buses, cars, kombis etc.  People wearing Mugabe t-shirts, hats etc. TV and radio and the press is like theres only one candidate running for president.
I dont believe he'll pull out. There's no official letter sent to the Elections council saying that he's withdrawn.  He is still contesting as far as ZANU is concerned.  The ZEC said theres no withdrawal from anyone.  I admit i was so disheartened when i heard that Tsvangirai was jumping ship at the last minute. What about all the people who have died so far? Those permanently disabled and disfigured? They need vindication and thats going to happen on 27 June. This election is going to happen. ZANU is so going down. Hard.

And guess what im wearing around my neck?  Snow's necklace!  Finally got it on Saturday!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2008, 08:18:21 am »
Morning ladies,

Drag, I've never heard of that book, but I'll have to check it out.  It sounds good.  I'm sure you'll miss your honey.  When you say you're flying home, do you mean you're going to Spain also?

Mum, 8 gallons of milk in one week? :o  Wow.  I don't know how you do it, with the price of milk being what it is.  We had a storm here yesterday.  Today it's only supposed to be 71 out, but then the temp's supposed to climb.  I sure wish the docs could give you something that would clear you out.  Have you ever been to an allergist and been checked for allergies & asthma? 

Tendai, so, the elections are still going to happen?  I was sooooo upset to read about Tsvangirai dropping out.  I sure hope things change there.  I honestly don't know how you do it without going completely insane.   I'm glad you got Snow's necklace finally.  They're pretty cool, aren't they?  Forgive me, but what exactly is Zanu?

Well, I read this morning that George Carlin died.  Heart failure they're saying.  That saddens me a little.  I know he was irreverant, but I thought he was hilarious.  His comedy will be missed, that's for sure.  He was in my town not all that long ago, but I didn't get to go.  A friend of mine did, and she said he was hilarious as usual.

Today I have to go to the grocery store and get just a few things.  I wish the 3rd would hurry up and get here already.  I was hoping my cat's litter that she has in her box now would hold out until then, but alas, it won't.  I also need fruit.  I really need to do what you do, mum and make out a menu for a couple weeks, but I'm just no good about stuff like that.  Also, I try to go by what I get at the food banks.  And with them, sometimes you get meat, sometimes you don't. 

Other than that, nothing else going on.  I'll be back later.  Have a good one ladies.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2008, 10:03:58 am »
It's only 10am and I've already been to the grocery store, cleaned the house, and have a load of laundry almost finished.  Whew! Now I'm ready for a nap.  I cut way back on my grocery shopping and only got what I deemed essential - no poptarts, only 2 kinds of cereal, ect, and the bill was still over $180 - for 1 week of groceries!!  I just about fainted!  I was hoping this would be a "little" shopping and the "big" one would come after the 1st.  Holy crap!

Betty, I know 8 gallons sounds like a lot, but that includes not only what they drink, but also what I cook with.  I make all of our cookies, most of our bread, etc.  If prices keep going up, we're going to have to buy a cow for milk and a chicen for eggs.  $2.79 for 18 eggs is outrageous!  For our friut and veggies (when we run out of what we can), we go to the farmer's market.  The prices are way cheaper.  They have baskets of veggies that are a flat $1.50.  Sometimes the veggies are about at the end of their life, but when bellpeppers are over $1.00 each and I can get a basket of 4 or 5 for $1.50 - even if only 2 are good, i'm still ahead.  I chop up bellpeppers and onions and freeze them.  They aren't good to eat raw, but you can't tell the difference when you cook with them.

I am feeling better this morning.  The rain pushed through last night and the high today is only 74.  We've opened all the doors and windows and the breeze through the house is nice.  Not sure how hot it's supposed to get later in the week.  I love this kind of weather - not too hot and not too cold.

Well, ladies, I need to get another load in the washer, hang the washed load, and hop on my sewing machine.  Eveyone stay safe and have the best of Mondays.

:-*Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2008, 10:10:42 am »
As the fellas say in the other part of the forums, "clutch your pearls, girls, I will be back on later today on my computer. At the moment, I am at my friend's house. I am not a morning person but I had to be up early to help my gay friend who is trying to get away from the ex. The ex has been calling his job, threatening to  reveal his status to his job and his mother. And he is still calling me the N word, just not to my face. So, we got up this morning for my friend to file or hope to get a PFA against the asshole.

I have also found another place but am hoping that my current landlord will let me break the lease. There is a lot of loose strings still to try to wrap up. Yep, I still have the bugs which I am not happy about at all.The kittens are doing fine, getting bigger and very playful.

I was saddened by the death of George Carlin too, I loved him. I thought he was funny as hell and there is a guy who lives here that could've been his twin. And I saw the news about Africa on tv llast night and I instantly thought about Tendai. I hope you are safe. I will back later on today.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2008, 04:29:22 pm »
Wow..Nary a comment since I posted this morning? What a way to welcome back your Queen...*LOL*...Well since I am back and this thread is over 100 posts, consider it closed and I will start another.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.