Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:32:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37650
  • Latest: rovipa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773277
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 295
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 269
Total: 269

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What was your first CD4/Viral Load count?  (Read 37238 times)

Offline Reallove92

What was your first CD4/Viral Load count?
« on: May 15, 2015, 04:43:38 pm »
Just wondering, what was your first cd4/VL Count? Mine was
CD4:500 VL:54,500  I just got this result, how could this tell me about my immune system? Is it controlling the virus good? I've only had it for a couple months now, and thats my VL.
Delaware resident looking for other +

Offline zach

Re: What was your first CD4/Viral Load count?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 05:39:05 pm »
CD4=8

VL= 500,000+

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 06:01:14 pm »
My CD4 was 120 and VL was 750,000, I had a pretty nasty sero-conversion.

I would say your CD4's are pretty good, keep working on your VL's and get to U/D.

Are you on meds?

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 06:10:18 pm »
My CD4 was 72 and VL was 100000 +

Would agree with Jan your results are good just take your meds to work towards UD. :)
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 06:14:11 pm »
When I was first tested, my cd4 was 294. My viral load was 27,000 or 47,000 I can't remember. I had a bad seroconversion, very very unpleasant. Swollen lymph glands, high fever, thrush..I didn't realize what was happening at the time & I was in denial. I started making healthier lifestyle choices like getting off of drugs & taking better care of myself, so when I did get tested, about 2 years after my seroconversion, my numbers were still not terrible. I suspect that if I had been tested when I seroconverted, my numbers would have been much much worse.
"I survived because I was tougher than anybody else".--Bette Davis

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline initforlife

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 06:40:13 pm »
850 cd and vl 7,000 still hate even thought of dealing with numbers and labs and all that crap even though it was a year in March.. been off meds for awhile who knows what they are now. but I'm sure they are just fine.
sometimes it is best to say nothing at all. then to offend

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 09:35:05 pm »
when diagnosed I had just 5 cd4s and the viral load test hadn't even been invented yet.  ;) these days, I'm doing super-duper with 305 cd4s and a viral load that has been undetectable for coming up on a decade.

You've got a good cd4 count. Get onto meds and get Undetectable and you'll do just fine  ;) ;D

been off meds for awhile who knows what they are now. but I'm sure they are just fine.
that's the kind of thinking that ends up with people in the hospital. that's the kind of thinking that can end up with a death :( Just saying  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Piscean

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 11:12:09 pm »
CD4=347
VL=3,400,000
Diagnosed in the throes of seroconversion.

Offline hayssam

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 11:31:24 pm »
cd4 320
viral load 520 000
syphylis coinfection and hpv warts fast growing in like a big flour

Offline zach

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 12:06:42 am »
init, half of this i'll post, the other half i PM...

the man that made these statements... he's dead, about a year saying these things

it is really alarming how similar you sound to him

You will have a hard time convincing me that I am sick when my body is telling me otherwise.

I'm not on medication for HIV.  That is a personal decision that I made.

As for me, I refuse to take meds until I get some "sign" that my immune system is compromised.   

I am not ready to start meds yet, so I'm not worried about my numbers.  I'm healthy and to me, that's all that matters.

I am the picture of health!

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 12:31:34 am »
Zach and I talked about this man recently.
Japanese National.
Language:  Japanese and English

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 12:46:57 am »
CD4 was 171.  Apparantly, the hospital never ran a viral load.  That 171 turned out to be "artificially low," due to being sick. 

Based on your one set on labs, it would indicate that you caught this while your immune system is still in pretty good shape-- especially if your CD4% is above 21%.  This site uses the 21% cutoff, as when the immune system is still functioning pretty well.  Well, it did last I checked.  Do you know your CD4%?  Some can have a fairly good CD4 count, but the CD4% is low.  Sometimes they just don't match up. 

Is it controlling the virus good?  Well, it was likely very high after infection-- into the hundreds of thousands or even millions.  So, your immune system did get it way down, likely.  But, "controlling" the virus like that puts a lot of work on the body.

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 07:53:12 am »
How do you do?
61 : 800,000.

When I  first came to this site, I  was severely devastated.
Among those who helped me are Zach, Jeff, Ted, Almost
.., and others.
Japanese National.

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2015, 07:55:05 am »
And leatherman mikie is the gem.
Japanese National.

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2015, 07:56:25 am »
When I tested positive in 1992 my CD4 count was 1300, viral load wasn't measured/known back then. Two weeks later I started with AZT (I wanted to DO SOMETHING), also began trying left and right all sorts of alternative hokus pokus shit. I didn't want to die like others were and my boyfriend. Around 1997 my CD4 count was ZERO or too low to be counted, with VL running in the millions. I recovered and for the past 10 years my CD4 count has been hovering around 1300 again  ;D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 08:02:31 am by Grasshopper »

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2015, 07:57:32 am »
Gem--- do you.say this in American English ?
Japanese National.

Offline zach

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2015, 08:01:39 am »
gem is a precious stone, like a diamond or emerald

it works in the context you used

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2015, 08:24:36 am »
Mine were:  CD4-350/25% VL-98,559

As for how your immune system is doing -- your SINGLE result, while not alarming, is not enough information to say it's good, bad or indifferent. 
As anyone who's been living with this virus for a while knows, a single set of lab results can be higher or lower than your usual trend. 
So, while it appears that you aren't in any imminent danger, you need to look at this over time.

Mike

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2015, 08:44:47 am »
Just wondering, what was your first cd4/VL Count? Mine was
CD4:500 VL:54,500  I just got this result, how could this tell me about my immune system? Is it controlling the virus good? I've only had it for a couple months now, and thats my VL.

You can't learn much of use to you, learning a couple examples of our first viral loads.

The thing you do is go to the doctor regularly, and take the doctor's advice about when you should start meds.

I personally do NOT think it is constructive to be thinking along the lines of "is my system controlling this well".  NO.  Only a person whose doctor says, explicitly, he or she is a non-progressor, should be attempting to figure this out.  The rest of us have to take medicine sooner or later.  Maybe that is immediately. Maybe 6 months, Maybe 2 years.  Whatever.

Are you doing what is necessary to prepare yourself for medicine when the doctor says it is time to start? 

In a number of countries including the USA, CD4 500 is considered a good time to start.

Your body is NOT controlling HIV well.  It's either controlling it slightly badly, horribly badly, or terribly.  There are plenty of doctors who  think it is best to start soon after diagnosis, whatever the numbers.

After the first couple of blood tests, during your first year after diagnosis, your doctor should be able to inform you when you should start medicine. That timeframe won't have anything to do with my experience, or zachs or grasshoppers or anyones. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline zach

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2015, 09:32:02 am »
^ all that mecch and bocker just said, louder
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 09:59:48 am by zach »

Offline initforlife

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2015, 10:29:29 am »
I'm sorry I did not mean to imply for people not to take meds. This was my choice alone to make..I did go thurs and get signed up for medical and have Id dr apt on june 12 but as y'all know my cd4 count was 1200 in Jan and I was Ud what it is now I don't know.. This is one reason I don't come here much any more I don't want to bring people down. I hate hiv I hate dealing with it. and the only reason I made the apt is for my kids.. Did I think this is where I would be at this stage of my life hell no. nothing matters to me anymore. I will stay as a lurker from here on out so I don't discourage other people.. That's not what I want to do.. will I ever come to grips with this dx hell if I know. I  ask about a support group around here where I was certain they had one as this is a bigger area then where I came from found out no there is none. sad truth . They have one in Memphis but I was hoping not to have to drive 45 miles to get to one. Oh well y'all take care and don't do what I do take your meds live a long life!
sometimes it is best to say nothing at all. then to offend

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2015, 10:55:10 am »
In a number of countries including the USA, CD4 500 is considered a good time to start.
actually the newest US Dpt of Health and Human Resources HRSA (Health Resources and Services Administration) HAB (HIV/AIDS Bureau) HIV Performance Measures for Prescribed Antiretroviral Therapy is to prescribe antiretrovirals for all persons diagnosed with HIV regardless of CD4 count.

Adult guidelines: 2  “Antiretroviral therapy (ART) is recommended for all HIV‐infected
individuals to reduce the risk of disease progression.
ART also is recommended for HIV‐infected individuals for the prevention of transmission
of HIV.
http://hab.hrsa.gov/deliverhivaidscare/coremeasures.pdf
http://hab.hrsa.gov/deliverhivaidscare/habperformmeasures.html

South Carolina and North Carolina Ryan White quality committees have set a goal this year of 100% for this core measure. Most agencies already reported compliance in the very high 90s last year before this newer guideline.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2015, 11:01:06 am »
actually the newest US Dpt of Health and Human Resources HRSA (Health Resources and Services Administration) HAB (HIV/AIDS Bureau) HIV Performance Measures for Prescribed Antiretroviral Therapy is to prescribe antiretrovirals for all persons diagnosed with HIV regardless of CD4 count.
http://hab.hrsa.gov/deliverhivaidscare/coremeasures.pdf
http://hab.hrsa.gov/deliverhivaidscare/habperformmeasures.html

South Carolina and North Carolina Ryan White quality committees have set a goal this year of 100% for this core measure. Most agencies already reported compliance in the very high 90s last year before this newer guideline.

Good news and thanks for the correction.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Reallove92

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2015, 12:20:21 pm »
Hey yes I'm in treatment! But haven't started meds yet, waiting for my blood result for  triumeg. And my wbc% is 28. And my cd4/cd8 ratio is 0.5
Delaware resident looking for other +

Offline Darkling_Cub

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2015, 01:03:14 pm »
Initial counts at diagnosis(10.28.2014), cd4:3/VL:43K.
Most recent counts(03.10.2015), cd4:146/VL:UD
Current meds: 1 a day Atripla

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2015, 01:14:14 pm »
Hey yes I'm in treatment! But haven't started meds yet, waiting for my blood result for  triumeg. And my wbc% is 28. And my cd4/cd8 ratio is 0.5
as soon as you start meds, you'll be "on treatment" like a lot of us. I have heard a lot of good things about Triumeq.

The main numbers you'll need to know to monitor your hiv positive status from now on are the Viral Load count (VL) and your CD4 count (t-cell count). The meds will knock your Viral load down to "Undetectable" (which means as low as that particular test can test. It can be as low as 2, but is usually 20. Used to be less than a decade ago, 500 was "undetectable". go figure. improvements in the meds and tests. SCIENCE! LOL) As the meds get you to "undetectable", your immune system will recover and you'll see your cd4 number rise. What that number is ... is unknown. It's all based on your genetics and what your "normal" immune system was like before HIV. And I'm betting, like ALL of us, you never had your cd4 count checked before you find out you were poz.

Don't freak out though, especially about cd4s. Cd4s change by 100 a day, the quote normal unquote range is from 400-1500! Some people are very healthy with 300, some people are quite ill with counts above 1000. Luck of the draw, blame your grandparents. LOL We just know that cd4 counts under 200 means you have AIDS. anything above that marker is gravy. (says the guy still kicking for 20+ yrs of meds and cd4s at a "whopping" 300 :D )
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline TheNormalLife

• Rules have changed; giving up is never an option
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2015, 06:07:47 pm »
VL-4245 and CD4 of 6 (although I later knew that it wasn't correct and that the lab probably used an expired CD4 test). First "real" CD4 of 530.

One month on meds right now, can't wait to go see Dracula.

Ray.
09/14 Conversion
12/14 Diagnosed
12/14 CD4-6; VL-4245 (wrong CD4 test)
01/15 CD4-530 (pheeew)
01/15 CD4-755
03/15 CD4-545; VL-14401
04/15 CD4-623; VL-4531
04/15 Truvada/Efavirenz
07/15 CD4-595; VL-UD
08/15 CD4-763; VL-UD
11/15 CD4-581; VL-UD
03/16 CD4-523; VL-UD
07/16 CD4-655; VL-UD
09/16 CD4-820; VL-UD
03/17 CD4-544; VL-UD
03/17 CD4-669; VL-UD

Offline Sweet_C

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2015, 06:54:06 pm »
Mine was CD4 723, VL @14200.  This was drawn about two months after I believe I seroconverted.
Tested positive on September 11, 2008

Offline Sweet_C

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2015, 06:55:01 pm »
double post

Offline 2tcells

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2015, 05:32:47 pm »
cd4- 2
vl- 220,000
7-4-13 diagnosed   cd4- 2      vl-220,600
8-3-13                     cd4- 4      vl- 448
9-3-13                     cd4- 40    vl- ud
11-3-13                   cd4- 54    vl-ud
1-9-14                     cd4- 62    vl- 43
4-3-14                     cd4- 110  vl-ud
8-5-14                     cd4- 95    vl-ud
9-23-14                   cd4- 97    vl-ud
1-22-15                   cd4- 156  vl-ud
4-14-15                   cd4- 122  vl-ud
6-12-15                   cd4- 148  vl-?
8-15-15 start stribild
9-3-15                     cd4- 152 vl-ud
11-25-15                  cd4- 211 vl-20
2-17-16                   cd-4 194 vl-ud
4-1-16 start genvoya
5-10-16                   cd-4 220 vl-ud
9-19-16                   cd-4 182 vl-ud
12-2016                  cd-4  267!vl-ud
2018 cd4 187 switching meds

Offline Denver Toad

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2015, 07:06:47 pm »
It's been a long time since dx'd... IIRC  CD4 = 16  VL = <650k. I was seriously ill by the time I was tested. In the ER with pneumonia and a failing lymph system.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,
Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Offline DodgerDawg

• "Dude, It Could Be Worse"
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2015, 09:29:43 pm »
CD4 count was 5

VL was 1,800,000
January 2014 CD4 = 5      .03%  VL = 1,800,000
June      2014 CD4 = 206  .15%  VL =            48
January 2015 CD4  = 211  .13%  VL =            71
June      2015 CD4 = 155  .12%  VL =             UD
July       2015 CD4 = 148  .11%  VL =             48

Offline Denvaux

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2015, 04:56:46 pm »
I was at my clinic last week to do bloods, and after the practice nurse had drawn the blood, I asked her what my most recent CD4 count was, as CD4 plays on my mind very much; and I was surprised when so  matter of factly she stated ....  "don't concern yourself with your CD4 count as CD4 is today pretty much out-dated.... today we fine tune our analysis of you blood to a greater degree of accuracy pertaining to how HIV is affecting you...... so don't concern yourself with CD4.... CD4 is far too basic! " 

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2015, 05:19:05 pm »
I was at my clinic last week to do bloods, and after the practice nurse had drawn the blood, I asked her what my most recent CD4 count was, as CD4 plays on my mind very much; and I was surprised when so  matter of factly she stated ....  "don't concern yourself with your CD4 count as CD4 is today pretty much out-dated.... today we fine tune our analysis of you blood to a greater degree of accuracy pertaining to how HIV is affecting you...... so don't concern yourself with CD4.... CD4 is far too basic! "

Its very coincidental you mention this as I had a similar experience last Thursday.
I told them my bloods so my results and to give me the numbers otherwise why bother with the testing. They could not answer that one and gave me my results. Lol.

It's true however CD4/CD8 counts ' % and VL, Liver function and items like cholesterol is only part of the overall plan and health that should be monitored. Just looking at one single item would be basic or over simplifying health monitoring. But good place to start is with your basic results and work from there.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 05:40:19 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline joemutt

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2015, 11:04:02 pm »
June 1997
cd 4 220, VL 500 K

Offline Denvaux

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2015, 02:18:51 am »
Its very coincidental you mention this as I had a similar experience last Thursday.
I told them my bloods so my results and to give me the numbers otherwise why bother with the testing. They could not answer that one and gave me my results. Lol.

It's true however CD4/CD8 counts ' % and VL, Liver function and items like cholesterol is only part of the overall plan and health that should be monitored. Just looking at one single item would be basic or over simplifying health monitoring. But good place to start is with your basic results and work from there.
When they draw blood they are looking at numerous bodily functions as affected by HIV and the medication combination itself, so there is certainly a need for regular scrutiny; I think that on clarification that what she meant was that the CD4 count post infection but pre HAART was still sometimes used as a guide regarding starting medication, although the general edict of advice  is to start medication immediately on a positive result.  Too much emphasis on CD4 when on medication is misleading as this result can rise and decline with a bout of the flu, a cold or even too many cigarettes smoked;  CD4 post HAART is apparently an unnecessary obsession.   I'll see what my consultant has to say on this when I see him.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 02:23:27 am by Denvaux »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2015, 02:53:06 am »
When they draw blood they are looking at numerous bodily functions as affected by HIV and the medication combination itself, so there is certainly a need for regular scrutiny; I think that on clarification that what she meant was that the CD4 count post infection but pre HAART was still sometimes used as a guide regarding starting medication, although the general edict of advice  is to start medication immediately on a positive result.  Too much emphasis on CD4 when on medication is misleading as this result can rise and decline with a bout of the flu, a cold or even too many cigarettes smoked;  CD4 post HAART is apparently an unnecessary obsession.   I'll see what my consultant has to say on this when I see him.

Indeed clarify with your consultant doctor. I would agree with your nurse over focus on one item such as CD4 is simplistic, as I said it's only part of a wide range of items monitored, However it is still part of an overall health picture that should not be dismissed so easily and since they are testing and monitoring it they seem to agree by default. Otherwise why bother checking ;).

I track all my results and I also have my BP checked regularly but one off BP result does not mean I'm sick or healthy it's just a single event and result but it still needs to be done and tracked just like my CD4.

I find it very important to track my own stats and results so I have a clear picture over time how my health is doing and no single event or result means anything but all together they give me clarity just like the monitoring of my BP.
Now I know of several people who rather not know and leave results with the doctors and nurses to track and monitor but I'm not one of them . :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 03:01:54 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Denvaux

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2015, 04:22:10 pm »
Long before I was infected with HIV (or knew of the infection),  many years ago infact-I read a book, I forget who by, but it was titled, something like - HIV- the new OCD. Don't get stuck there mate - get on with life!     8)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2015, 04:34:35 pm »
Well monitoring ones health is hardy OCD, it's called being an informed patient :-)
Some can go overboard but that with anything in life.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline zach

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2015, 04:40:34 pm »
personally, if i ask my medical team a direct question about my health, i expect a direct answer... not an explanation why i don't need to think about it

but i don't think about it anymore  ;)

Offline Sweet_C

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2015, 09:10:44 pm »

This is exactly what my PA told me.  She explained that the only numbers they focus on from here on out is the VL.  If it's undetectable, then she said the CD4s don't matter.  The office gives each patient the option of whether they want to continue to monitor it, but I suspect that once the insurance companies catch on we will no longer had the option. 

Offline zach

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2015, 10:13:38 pm »
seems to be two threads going right now both voicing cd4 anxieties

one thing i'd like to add, and i'll probably cross post this to the other thread

the newest wisdom is don't worry about cd4, and while that is true... for those of us diagnosed with aids and taking prophylactic antibiotics... 200 will still be a goal

but still, don't worry about it, you're doing all that needs to be done staying adherent to meds

“If there is no solution to the problem then don't waste time worrying about it. If there is a solution to the problem then don't waste time worrying about it.”
― Dalai Lama

Offline weasel

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2015, 12:06:58 pm »
I'm sorry I did not mean to imply for people not to take meds. This was my choice alone to make..I did go thurs and get signed up for medical and have Id dr apt on june 12 but as y'all know my cd4 count was 1200 in Jan and I was Ud what it is now I don't know.. This is one reason I don't come here much any more I don't want to bring people down. I hate hiv I hate dealing with it. and the only reason I made the apt is for my kids.. Did I think this is where I would be at this stage of my life hell no. nothing matters to me anymore. I will stay as a lurker from here on out so I don't discourage other people.. That's not what I want to do.. will I ever come to grips with this dx hell if I know. I  ask about a support group around here where I was certain they had one as this is a bigger area then where I came from found out no there is none. sad truth . They have one in Memphis but I was hoping not to have to drive 45 miles to get to one. Oh well y'all take care and don't do what I do take your meds live a long life!

You are still a newbe !    I pray you come to terms with this .
 Please lurk , I often lurk  ;)   
   As you know My trip to Cape support group is over 130 miles round trip .
     My new found group is 90 + miles round trip .  I love my new group , As one person in the group told me
 a new person can change the whole meeting , new topics  . People are more willing to speak up if they know
 you need help !
   Please do take the time to find a group and go .   
   After so many years ; I do NOT forget the awful years you may or may not relate to . My life is OK , it is better than OK .  I am happy , not as spry but happy !
 I truely go for weeks with out thinking about AIDS , It is a waste of my time .
I know it's there , I take my pills morning and night . I plan to be 93 one day  ;)
 It's a wild ride at times , doctors & numbers can be very nerve wracking . One day I will tell my doctor
 to stop telling me all these numbers ,that rarely bring joy  :(
   Trying to deny that you have HIV or need MEDS is not the path I or anyone that has met you wishes to hear .
 I do agree in READING  as much as you can about HIV .
 The forums have many blogs , read them .

I can't wait to see you @AMG Memphis !

July is almost hear !   HUGS , Carl
" Live and let Live "

Offline sumd22

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2015, 01:22:56 pm »
CD4 was 48 and VL was 186,000.  I had been positive for probably 7 years and I was panicked when I got those results.  This was last Spring.  I am lucky that I didn't get sick.

Tomorrow is the 1-year anniversary of starting meds.  As of May 4th, My CD4 203 and VL is Undetectable.  CD4 went up by 155 in a little under a year.  I am thrilled.

So you are in great shape.  And, from my experience, Stribild is frigging amazing.

Offline hobbyrunner

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2015, 07:59:09 pm »
Cd4 359, VL 57000 about 3 months after seroconversion. Just started Triumeq 2 days ago, so far so good  :).
12/19/14 Infected
Diagnosed 4/13/2015 - VL 57k CD4 359 20%
5/21/2015 Started Triumeq

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2015, 08:38:03 am »
1985 diagnosed with AIDS Related Complex.  First CD4 test results listed 75. 

Been undetectable for about 15 years. For the last 10 years or so CD4s have run in the 600s to 700s. Hit CD4 at mid 800s for a brief period a few years ago.  Recently moved to the low 30s percent for the first time.

;)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 08:46:59 am by OneTampa »
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline hayssam

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2015, 09:39:09 am »
my cd4 was 320   vl 560 000
after 7 months taking atripla .. my cd4 recover to 800

so if the cd4 keep going up after 2 years starting haart
does it is indicate that my infection was old?????????
i heard that cd4 usualy drop 150 per year when someone is hiv infected

Offline CallMeSid

• Standard
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2015, 10:11:10 pm »
Back in July of 2007:

CD4: 795 (40%), VL: <50

I'm weird.  Some would call me a "viremic controller".
07/2006 HIV-negative
06/2007 HIV-positive
07/2007 CD4: 795 (40%), VL: <50
09/2007 CD4: 629 (43%), VL: 895  (~2 weeks after measles/mumps/rubella booster)
12/2007 CD4: 854 (45%), VL: <50
03/2008 CD4: 880 (45%), VL: 151
12/2008 CD4: 943 (46%), VL: 116
05/2009 CD4: 865 (44%)  VL: 107

Offline Rosie117

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2015, 11:34:09 am »
Diagnosed in October 2013, bloodwork in November 2013 showed CD4 259, VL 22,080. Stribild got me down to undetectable 1 month later!

Offline Souledout

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2015, 04:11:47 pm »
I'm weird too. CD4 of 672 and undetectable VL.
Infection sometime April-August, no noticable seroconversion symptoms
Not currently on medication
13/09/12 CD4 672 (33%) VL <40 (diagnosis date)
18/09/12 CD4 ?               VL 43
27/09/12 CD4 ?               VL 127
19/11/12 CD4 676 (38%) VL 959
03/03/13 CD4 642 (32%) VL 291
04/07/13 CD4 791 (33%) VL 26,437 (active cold sore, tooth infection)
18/07/13 ------retest------VL 3704
18/11/13 CD4 802 (36%) VL 65

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.