Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:50:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 354
Total: 354

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: HIV treatment in China?  (Read 7986 times)

Offline moonlight5

HIV treatment in China?
« on: March 16, 2016, 03:16:17 am »
Me and my Chinese SO have been talking about locating in China. My SO has his own business and I'd be able to get a residence permit because China can't deny it based on HIV status anymore. However, he doesn't know much about health insurance, nor do I.

Does anyone know what it'd be like as a foreigner living in China with HIV? Is HIV treatment covered properly? I'm Dutch and I believe HIV treatment is available to everyone in the Netherlands & it's very high quality. My Triumeq costs 950 eur a month but I only have to pay 350 a year.

Additionally I wonder if I could maintain my Dutch health insurance while residing in China but that's a bit too complex to ask here I reckon. :) I wouldn't change my nationality, so maybe I could keep paying my Dutch health insurance & fly back every 6 months to pick up Triumeq medication and come back to China. My hospital told me that even with the lowest Dutch health insurance the hospital must still get you your proper HIV treatment. But anyway my question is about the first stuff I wrote above hah^^

Thanks so much.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 03:25:42 am by moonlight5 »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: HIV treatment in China?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 03:48:01 am »
Well the Dutch Insurance very much depends on if you are going to keep an income in The Netherlands. If you have an income or live in The Netherlands you need to keep the insurance but if you don't have an income in the state and live outside the Netherlands you have to "Write out" (I can think of an English term that explains  uitschrijven)  but you can always check with the insurance company.

Ik ga emigreren. Moet ik mijzelf laten uitschrijven?

Bij een emigratie heeft u geen recht meer op de basisverzekering. Een uitzondering hierop is als u nog inkomsten heeft vanuit Nederland, zoals werk, WW of ZW. Hierop worden sociale premies ingehouden, waardoor u in Nederland verzekeringsplichtig bent.   U heeft met ingang van de uitschrijfdatum van de GBA geen recht meer op de basisverzekering

More info: https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/zorgverzekering/vraag-en-antwoord/ben-ik-verzekerd-voor-de-zorgverzekering-als-ik-in-het-buitenland-woon
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 03:53:46 am »
I had not fully woken up yet.

This site covers as all the Dutch insurance questions your asking:  http://www.zorgverzekeringslijn.nl/

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline moonlight5

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 05:20:10 am »
Interesting, thanks so much! For sure I'm not going to actually emigrate, I'd keep my Dutch nationality, but I'd be working in China. Seems I'd have to love my Dutch health insurance. It's a shame, they're amazing with HIV treatment.

That brings me to my initial question: would anyone happen to know how it is for HIV treatment & health insurance in China?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 05:25:25 am by moonlight5 »

Offline Expat1

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 10:48:24 am »
I live in Thailand so my information is mostly anecdotal.  The Chinese Health care system uses mostly dated generics in HIV treatment.   I have heard that expats there are deported if found positive.  Only recently has it been legal to travel through China while HIV positive.  Similar to Singapore from accounts. That said, you my not wish to reveal your hiv status in China.

Thus you may want to do what many in Asia do.  Go to Bangkok to get hiv meds at the Red Cross Clinic or a private hospital bring your bottles, test results, and prescription.   They do not have dolutegravir here yet.  Nor would I imagine in China. 

If you wish to get Tivicay, I suggest you figure out how to get back to EU and keep insurance there. 

If you can switch to Atripla or something similar,  Perhaps obtain meds in Bangkok.

Offline moonlight5

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 12:45:58 am »
Hey again! We talked before on here. Thanks for the reply. Going from China to Thailand is actually quite easy but how much would medication cost there? Is it covered somehow? By no means am I rich at all, haha.

As for being kicked out of China after disclosing HIV status, I think that happens now because your work employer would withdraw your working visa and in my case that wouldn't be a worry. I guess it's still scary though, that's true. Wish there was a way to keep my health insurance in NL.

Offline stanleee

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 11:33:39 am »
all chinese citizens with hiv positive are allowed to get medicines from cdc without payment. But only around 6 types medicines are free, for the rest you will need to pay to have it

Offline BKKKevin

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 11:03:00 pm »
Getting treatment and drugs it Thailand is easy and inexpensive...

http://www.adamslove.org/en-d.php?id=73

http://pozboysg.tumblr.com/post/36344282081/bens-letter-seeking-hiv-treatment-in-bangkok

http://pozboysg.tumblr.com/post/37181001620/an-update-on-bens-experiences-getting-hiv

The above example are probably the most expensive way (Bumrungrad hospital is great but there are cheaper doctors... And the Red Cross will accept a written prescription from foreign doctors affixes)

Offline pozladma

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2016, 10:56:31 am »
as a Chinese and HIV+, i am 100% for sure to give you the answer.

1. 100% confirmed that you could work in China, with no problem to obtain working permit.
after expo 2010, china left restriction that deport HIV + expats.

2. Receiving HIV treatment.
Chinese government does not provide to any expats for a free HIV treatment.
monthly cost about 1500-2500 RMB, yet you are not on the most advanced meds.

3 HOW TO GET HIV TREATMENT IN CHINA??
if your insurance is covered by ur company in china by international insurance provider, you could jump into Hongkong to get free treatment and all tests. monthly cost $us 150.
you get most advanced HIV meds.

if you are not covered by an international insurance. option: go bangkok.
i am receiving treatment in bangkok on Stribild. meds cost $us300-350 monthly. yet you need to consider other expenditure. blood test, price is varies depending on demand of tests.
once you settled for everything with your treatment in bkk.
doctor is able to prescribe 6 months meds.
meanwhile, you could go to CDC in shanghai to blood test.
for liver function about RMB 700 ($us 100)
VL RMB 1800 ($US 280-300)
CD4 RMB 300 ($US 40)

Offline Gladragsguy

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 02:00:58 am »
Foreigners with HIV are not allowed to get work permits or visas for over 6 months without passing an HIV test. Even as a tourist they ask you to voluntarily disclose your status. Don't know what would happen ifvyou volunteered the information but I don't think it would be good.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.