Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:31:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 386
Total: 386

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Start of a new regimen  (Read 9061 times)

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
Start of a new regimen
« on: June 02, 2006, 05:39:20 pm »
today I start in trial of 114 adding norvir and truvada. bummer. I have taken viread and emtriva several times and they both make me very,very nuaseated and sick, but there is nothing else,so I will try again. I havent taken norvir since the wonderful liquid norvir,which was similiar to drinking gasoline mixed with tequila, but not quite as tasty. I thought I was resistant to both of these but WTF?  Just another day dealing with this manageable little virus. Fuck me.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Start of a new regimen
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 08:33:41 pm »
Jakey,

You and I both know that you're cantakerous enough to cope with anything. ;)

Best of luck with the trial.

MtD

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 09:02:05 pm »
There you are you old coot...I was wondering where you went. Listen you try any and everything they want you to. You know you are the right-wing ying to my left-wing yang....and I would not have it any other way. I may be a glutton for punishment but I missed you. Now let me get your HIV infected blood boiling.

Hal :-*

HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 09:11:49 pm »

Jacking/Jake,

You can change your name but you can't change a leopards spots.

HeHeHe, Now when you go off line we can call you JACK-OFF.

Take you meds and shut up or we'll have to send Hillary after you. You would probably do her. ROFLMAO

Terry ;D
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 09:15:44 pm by Terry »

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 09:37:05 pm »
TMC 114 is an amazingly interesting and (so far) effective drug.  I have 5 datasets on it on my email awating a morning coffee and some treatment-nerdy reading, PK, resistance, virological outcomes etc etc, and I am priveliged to have got rat-arsed with the amazing Brazilian doc on the 2a and 2b trials.  I hope it works for you. 

Hope it don;t do a peanut allergy thing on you, cos it is truly, chemically and (so far) clinically speaking, amazing. 

I will post my analysis of the datasets tomorrow.

- matt "amazed" the newt

AMAZING!
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 10:30:26 pm »
wishing you the best of luck, Jake!

Alan 
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline jack

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 11:53:36 pm »
peanut allergy thing??? there are 60 in the trial I am in, which is for those who are out of drugs.
thanks everyone.
every new regimen is a new adventure. I have my zantac and immodium at the ready. I am just hoping I dont get sick again from the viread/emtriva.
jack is my real name. for some reason I wasnt able to use jake. I thought it was a conspiracy to keep me away from my liberal friends.

Offline jack

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 11:57:56 pm »
alan, thanks
terry, I quit drinking ten years ago, so Hill is safe. Who knows back in the day.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.