Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:54:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 224
Total: 225

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Worried over a massage and its oil!  (Read 13553 times)

Offline so_scared_hk

Worried over a massage and its oil!
« on: January 27, 2009, 03:29:56 am »
Good evening every one,

I would like to say Happy New Year, I am from Asia.

I am here with a very very heavy heart and suffering from the severe anxiety. Last night, I met my boy friend, we had a big party and we did a stupid thing, that was intercourse.

He had the condom, but before penetrating me, we performed some masturbation, I used my finger to stimulate his penis, and he used his fingers to finger me. Then he put on the condom, but since the room was so dark and he failed to put on the condom again and again, I told him to turn the condom inside out then he was successful.

This morning, I was worried over the incident of the condom failure, because when he tried to wear the condom, his precum could have been on the condom then he turned then condom inside out, some precum could still there and entered my vagina when he penetrated me. Assuming that he is poz and some precum was on the condom, could I catch HIV from this incident?

I have read the lesson and many many topics in this forum, I understand that HIV transmit INSIDE the body, I think that my incident was HIV nearly inside the body, because HIV may have been outside the body for 20 seconds only.

DO I need to get tested over this incident? Please assess my risk.

Thank you,

HK

Offline RapidRod

Re: HIV phobia I need your help!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 04:33:27 am »
No risk.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 09:08:45 am »
You are bothering yourself unnecessarily. HIV is a fragile virus. The important thing is that the guy was wearing a condom. That provided very effective protection. All of the other details you're anxiously throwing into the mix are irrelevant and would not have created any risk of transmission.

There's no need for testing nor for further concern. Make sure to keep using condoms everytime for intercourse and you'll be fine as far as HIV is concerned. 
Andy Velez

Offline so_scared_hk

HIV in the used needle!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 11:59:07 pm »
Hi there,

Long time no see. I have been away from home! I feel I lack the thank-you message to all of you for the last topic. It is really made me feel alive again.

I am here to trouble you again! This question is about HIV in the used needle. Last night, we celebrared the EARTH HOUR, you know, we turned off all the lights in the city, and we went out for the big party. As I was sitting on the grass, I felt a pain, it like something  pricked me, I stood up immediately to identify the object but since it was so dark, I could not see anything on the grass,and my friends may have kicked the object. Because there were many people walking back and forth,I could not check the grass at all.

I have some questions:

- If the object was a needle, Am I at risk? The pain was not hurting Like hell. I did not feel the pain for 1-2 minutes after the prick. So I think I sat on the rose thorn???

- Could one catch HIV from being pricked by needle if the needle was laying around on the grass?

I need your help,

Thank you,

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 06:32:30 am »
so,

No, you're not going to become infected with hiv from a needle lying around in the grass. It's unlikely it even was a needle.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline so_scared_hk

Stepped on blood, worried sick!
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 07:17:30 am »
Hi everyone,

Long time no see! I am here again turning to all of you for help! This is HIV without sexual intercourse!

Last week, my classmates and I held a football match in the school, when we were playing, one of the player bumped her nose heavily against the floor and made her nose badly bleed. Some of blood dropped all over the floor

We stopped the match to take care for her, and I was the one who accidentally stepped on the blood. But I did not notice much about HIV. Then we played again.

When I got home, I was freaked out since I had some cut on my toe. And I did not wear the shoe during the match. I was scared to death because my toe could have contact to the blood, so did the cut...And I also fell for several times during the match, my arm also scratched....

My fear really ran though the days because that girl did not show up in the class for nearly one week, this morning, my friend told me that she has a lot of boyfriends and she does not care about HIV and STDs...

I am sorry for being troublesome again! Help me!

Could HIV pass in this manner?

Thank you,

SO Scared

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 07:39:03 am »
so,

You should know by now that hiv is NOT transmitted from environmental surfaces.

ONLY if you'd had unprotected intercourse with this woman or ANYONE, would you have been at risk for hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline so_scared_hk

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 07:42:00 am »
Thank you, Ann! Your reply does make me alive again!

Best wishes for you and all of experts here!

Offline so_scared_hk

Could you assess this for me? I am worried!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 02:34:34 am »
Hi Experts,

Thanks a lot for your kindness. It has been more than one year and I am fortunate enough to find this forum again.

Could I catch HIV from mutual masturbation? Of course your answer is NO.

Last night, I was involved in an incident. My boyfriend and I had mutual masturbation.

I am worried because I gave my boyfriend a hand job and he ejaculate into my underwear lying on the bed. It was dark and I could not see the semen on the underwear. But when I put on my underwear, I felt that my underwear was wet, sucked with semen.

I am freaking out since my vagina could have contacted the semen. If my boy friend was POZ. Am I infected?

Please help me! I am scared to death....

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 08:34:58 am »
Your underwear could have been drenched with his semen and it still wouldn't have been a risk.

The ONLY confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Everything else sexual is theoretically risky but in the real world infection doesn't happen other than through intercourse without protection.

You are again worrying needlessly. Cut it out and get on with your life. 
Andy Velez

Offline so_scared_hk

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 05:20:19 am »
Thank Andy for your prompt reply.

Yes. I am sure that my boy friend ejaculated into my underwear. Normally, we put a handkerchief at hand so that he ejaculated into it. But I forgot in this time and that was the reason why I was worried.

You stated that I was not at risk since HIV transmit INSIDE the body only. This is the real way of transmission, right?

I have read a lot of topics around here. May I have one more question?

My boy friend often ejaculates into the handkerchief but sometimes he accidentally ejaculated into the sheet, and my underwear. And if I sit on the semen ( I am naked, of course), my vagina could contact his semen, so this is NO RISK, right? If there is a big amount of semen, does this factor change the assessment of the risk of HIV infection?

Thanks a lot, Andy and everyone here,

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 05:25:17 am »
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions, therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 10:14:56 am »
This is really quite simple. The only confirmed means of sexually transmitting HIV are through unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse -- the guy's penis inside your vagina or your anus. Got it?

You could be dripping from head to toe with his semen outside of your body and it wouldn't be a risk. Have I made this clear enough now?

Just make sure the guy is  always wearing a condom for intercourse and you will be well protected. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline so_scared_hk

Hiv from being bitten!
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 04:41:46 am »
Thanks for your time and patience!

Two days ago, i was involved in an incident, the couple of my neighbor had a fighting and i was there to prevent the wife from throwing bottles, my finger-tip was bitten by that woman. Because it was dark and o could not see whether there was blood in her mouth or not.

When i got home, i saw that the biting did not make my finger bleed. in fact, my finger did not have an abrasion, but it had some problem of dry and peeled cuticle.

Assuming that the woman was poz, could the bood in her saliva enter my body via the cuticle? I am sure that there was not any wounds or abrasion, scratchs which were bleeding at that moment.

Please help me. I am so scared.

Thanks for your patience.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 04:44:41 am by so_scared_hk »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 06:12:10 am »
so,

This is ridiculous. You cannot be infected through a bite that didn't even break the skin, even if her mouth was dripping with blood.

Don't even think about coming back with what-iffs over this latest no risk incident of yours, because you will quickly be given a time out. No kidding. Get a grip.

You need to address your hiv phobia in an appropriate face-to-face setting. We cannot provide that level of support here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline so_scared_hk

Worried over a massage and its oil!
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 12:20:03 am »
Dear the Forum,

I have been with this forum since 2009. I did not mean to break the rules here because i logged on, and click the reply button in the old topic, i saw the red notification stating that i need to open a new topic, so i do!

One week ago, i was involved in an incident regarding HIV! I went to the massage therapy!

I am worried over a body-massage. I did not perform anything sensational. But the girl who massaged me using some types of oils and she put them all over my body. But what I was scared now was that color of the oils, they were red. And my mind started to think that the oils had HIV-infected blood :-(!

My brain now has two forces fighting one another. One said that HIV could not live in the oil, another said that I need to get advices from experts and that massage therapist maybe put the blood in the bottle of oil...

Please clarify! I am scared now.

Thanks!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Worried over a massage and its oil!
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 05:52:07 am »
so,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

How many times do we have to tell you that hiv does not remain viable outside the body?

Yet again, another no risk situation. Even if there was blood in the oil.

Don't bother coming back with more questions about this latest no risk incident and you'll quickly be given a time out. It's high time you sought professional help with your hiv phobia.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline so_scared_hk

Drunk after the school party and scared of needle stick!
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 03:40:00 am »
Dear the Forum,

I have not posted anything in this forum for a longtime. I respect the precious time of everyone around here. And sometimes, I think I had a HIV risk, I searched in this forum and read the similar stories, so I did not have to post and ask, and save everyone’s time. But I come back to day with a rather different story to tell and seek for your advices.

Last night, I attended the school party, we all sat on the grass, and we drank a lot of beer. I felt drunk. No sex or kissing or anything related to the risk of HIV infection. But I think I had stepped on something sharp or my back had been pricked with a needle ( as I was laying on the grass). I think that because, I felt a pain in my back this morning. I could not see my back and i do not know what it was.

The anxiety began to control me and I could not stop thinking about the possible infection of HIV. I think that someone at the party had used drugs and thrown used needles, and I stepped on that or my back was stuck with a needle as I laid on the grass. Please help me! If I was stuck or pricked, I think it hurt and I would have known it right away, right?

Help me!

Thanks a lot for your assessment and advices!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2011, 07:47:40 am »
This is yet another of your ongoing series of your fanciful and ridiculous scenarios. No, you were not at risk for HIV transmission in the manner of your latest "story."

If you come back with another of these you are going to find yourself getting a Time Out or even a ban from the site altogether.

The nature of HIV transmission has been carefully explained to you a number of times. If you are really worried about the sorts of events you continue to bring up, then you should be discussing your fears with a therapist or other professional. We can't help you with that in this setting.

Consider yourself warned about posting here.
Andy Velez

Offline so_scared_hk

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 04:42:43 am »
Thanks Andy,

I totally understand about the early warning! I am sorry! I live in a country that does not have anything related to HIV consulting professional, i had visited the doctors for several times and they said shaking hands also put me at some small risk of HIV infection if there were the presence of wounds. I was flirted by the doctor when i mentioned the sexual activities and condoms.

My question here is simple: I want to ask experts here about the sticks or stabs. If i was drunk, did i still feel the pain if i was stabbed or pricked? What could i do when someone prick me and i was drunk? Or I would feel nothing at all, and feel the pain once i hot home?

Thanks a lot!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2011, 08:43:29 am »
This is just more about "what ifs."

There is no basis in anything you are bringing up to think you have actually had a risk.

I am going to give you that Time Out for 28 days which you have been warned about. Don't make the mistake of trying to get around the TO by creating a new name. We'll spot that right off and it will get you permanently banned from this site.

HIV is not your problem so just get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline so_scared_hk

Worried over the blood and my eye!
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 08:52:53 pm »
Dear the forum,

It has been years since my last post. There are many incidents regarding HIV and happened to me, and i always tried to put my mind at ease on my own, by looking up the similar stories here.

But this time, i have no choice to post and i need your assessment.

You keep stating that HIV is transmitted from unprotected anal & vaginal intercourse, illegal drugs, mother-to-child. But i am worried since my eye had contacted fresh blood.

Yesterday, during a soccer match, one of our team was severely bitten and her nose was badly damaged, when i saw her laying down with blood coming out from her noses, i came to brought to her a paper tissue. As she sat up and took the tissue, she blew her noses and a drop of her blood splashed into my eye. I could feel that the blood did not fall into my eye, just into my eyelid. But i am worried!

I am afraid that this blood could contact my eye. I am worried and scared.

Am i infect from this incident? If that girl is poz.

Thanks for your patience!

All the best,

So scared

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 08:54:32 pm »
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

Offline so_scared_hk

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 09:09:29 pm »
Thank Rapid Rod for your prompt reply.

From your reply, did you mean i had no risk?

HIV can not infect me because that drop of blood could contact air before it entered my eye, right? But HIV was in the air just a second!

Thanks!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 09:19:26 pm »
You had no risk of contracting HIV in the situation you've provided.

Offline so_scared_hk

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 10:12:35 pm »
Dear RapidRod,

I have spent this morning to search and i am confused.

You state that even that drop of blood came to contact my eye, there was still no risk, right?

The situation was that i was paying my attention to the condition of my mate, so i did not care much whether the her blood came to contact my eye or not, but i felt something from her noses splashed into my eyes & eyelids and canthus.

Could you please assess my risk again, Rod?

Thanks a lot for your patience!

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2012, 11:13:34 pm »
No one has ever gotten infected in the way you describe.

You had no risk.

If the most remote of all possibilities of HIV infection bother you this much, you might consider either getting into therapy or avoiding all contact sports.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2012, 03:24:45 am »

You keep stating that HIV is transmitted from unprotected anal & vaginal intercourse, illegal drugs, mother-to-child. But i am worried since my eye had contacted fresh blood.

To clarify, illegal drugs do not cause hiv infection. Sharing drug injecting equipment can cause hiv infection if the person you're sharing with is hiv positive. The legal status of the drug being injected has no bearing on the situation.

I agree with Rodney and Jonathan. You did NOT have a risk.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently  (and do not share drug injecting equipment), and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline so_scared_hk

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 03:26:41 am »
Dear all,

Thanks for the replies from prestigeous members here. I want to express my gratitude to all of you. For your precious time and unlimitted patience.

Back to my incident, I have been told by Ann, RapidRod, Jiki..and I will listen to them.

All the best,

HK

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012, 08:48:05 am »
OK, and now you need to get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline so_scared_hk

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2012, 03:33:49 am »
Dear the Forum,

Could I get HIV infection from these manners?

1. Yesterday, I went to the public restroom, I saw a woman standing in front of the mirror and blew her nose, I waited until she was gone and when I turned the water faucet, my fingers accidentally touched some her nasal discharge then immediately I touched my eyes with these fingers. Assuming that the one who blew her nose was poz. Was I at risk of HIV infection? I told this with my roommates and they were very upset.

2. There were many times before I was having a lunch with my friends, and someone accidentally sneezed on my eyes and my mouth. Did the sputum or some blood in sputum infect me? This happened to me a couple of months ago.

I raised these questions because my friends and I have been different in these matters. And I was involved in the two manners given and I do not know how to keep my self from being worried.

Thanks  and all the best,

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2012, 04:03:23 am »
Of course HIV is not transmitted in the scenarios you described.

Have you read anything we have written? Have you researched anything about this disease?

Please do not insult us further.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline so_scared_hk

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2012, 04:16:25 am »
Dear jkinatl2,

No, i did not mean to insult you or this forum. I have been suffering HIV and phobias. I trust this forum and i feel relieved, but sometimes i am scary since what i have been educated at schools is different from here. And i often argue with my friends about this issue.

Please understand me, i did not mean to insult you.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2012, 05:24:06 am »
Dear jkinatl2,

No, i did not mean to insult you or this forum. I have been suffering HIV and phobias. I trust this forum and i feel relieved, but sometimes i am scary since what i have been educated at schools is different from here. And i often argue with my friends about this issue.

Please understand me, i did not mean to insult you.

Scared,

Argue with your friends all you like but don't think you can argue with us about HIV.

You will not be allowed to post endless "What if?" scenarios here. We are busy people and we won't put up with your crap.

We are not your friends.

We have told you that you were not at risk of HIV infection and you can either accept that and move on or be suspended from the forums.

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.