Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 10, 2024, 05:12:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37630
  • Latest: Haziq
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773105
  • Total Topics: 66327
  • Online Today: 380
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 139
Total: 139

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My New HIV drug "Vonavir"  (Read 23646 times)

Offline hope4love

• Every Problem has a Solution.
My New HIV drug "Vonavir"
« on: March 16, 2011, 09:15:47 am »
I live in India and I was on Viraday for the first 4 months, my doctor recommended to have "Vonavir" from Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd which is bit cheaper then Viraday. For the past one month I am on "Vonavir" which is the same composition like Viraday and I am saving Rs.700/- so for 30 tablets it cost me Rs.2500/- (54 USD). I am happy with the reduced cost. You might consider having "Vonavir" I now have a choice  :)

http://www.emcure.co.in/products_GlobalHIV.asp[url]

Cheers
Jan 2009 - Sero Negative
Jan 2010 - Sero Positive
               CD4 - 275, VL - 18,000
Oct 2010 - CD4 - 241, Started - Vonavir; Oct 2011 - CD4 - 474;Jan 2012 - CD4-620; Aug 2012-CD4-600, VL- UD; Jan 2013 CD4-493, VL-72 IU/ml   (Blip)

Offline metekrop

• Is time running fast for you.
Re: My New HIV drug "Vonavir"
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 02:18:02 pm »
How much was the Viraday costing you?  I know that this med was also very inexpensive but effective like Atripla of the US.
Diag.on 12/8, 2000, CD 440 VL 44K, No Meds
12/08 - 2/09 CD< 50 & VL >500k hosp'z.
St. Atripla - 7/09 CD 179, VL 197k
10/09 CD 300 VL U
3/10 468 U
8/10 460 U
12/10 492 U
3/11 636 U
8/11 530 U
1/12  616 U
7/12 640 U
12/12 669 U
5/13 711 U
11/13 663 U
4/14  797 U
10/14 810 U
4/15 671 U
10/15 694 U
3/16 768 U
8/16 459 U
2/22 780 U
8/31 940 U
2/26 809 U
8/18 882 U
3/28 718 U
8/15 778 U
2/25 920 70
8/11 793 U
2/22 690 U
6/8 834 U

Offline hope4love

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 12:25:50 am »
For 30 tab of Viraday it cost Rs. 3,200/- ( 70 USD). Vonavir will coost me Rs. 2,500/- (54 USDU. Vonavir and Virday has the same combination but produced by different companies.
Jan 2009 - Sero Negative
Jan 2010 - Sero Positive
               CD4 - 275, VL - 18,000
Oct 2010 - CD4 - 241, Started - Vonavir; Oct 2011 - CD4 - 474;Jan 2012 - CD4-620; Aug 2012-CD4-600, VL- UD; Jan 2013 CD4-493, VL-72 IU/ml   (Blip)

Offline Nate

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 12:40:34 pm »
The best price I have seen on Vonavir in the U.S. is at http://www.HIVGenericDrugs.Com

I take Viraday but when I shopped around for the best price they had Vonavir for $165/ bottle.  That is a bit more expensive than their Viraday that they sell for $149 / bottle.

I've heard both work equally well.

Viraday user for 2 years and still non-detect & CD-4 862 !!!

Yeah  :)
I take Candy from Strangers ;-p

Offline buginme2

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 01:24:57 pm »
Nate, Are you in the U.S.  Ive seen a few posts from people asking if anyone in the U.S. is takin Viraday but I have never seen ayone respond that they were.  I see from your posts that its working for you.  How easy is it for you to get the medication?  Do you order it monthly? Thanks. 

And to the OP glad the new drug is working for you. Sorry to Hijak
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Nate

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 05:20:33 am »
Yeah...Im in Central Texas.  I was on Atripla and getting iit from the David Powell Center in Austin under ADAP.  But then "W" was nice enough to cut funding for ADAP so when the new formulary for Texas came out, I "made too much money"  Thats the biggest joke in the world!

They said I made too much money and I should be able to afford my $80/day HIV medication, and pay my rent, and food and utilities, gas, car insurance, etc...  I think I was only making like $2500/month!!!  so I dont know how their formulary says that on $2500/month I should be able to afford ALL of my monthly expenses and my $2400/month for Atripla on my HUGE salary!!!!  Has the world gone MAD????  But those people dont care...they just work there.

Any ways.... I digress... I just needed to vent about how screwed up the system is!!!   :)

I met David an HIV drug activist and one of the founders of HIVgenericdrugs.com who is also HIV positive awhile back at an AIDS walk in Austin and he told me he was taking Viraday for about a year (before that he was taking the combo Efavir (generic Sustiva) and Tenvir EM (generic Truvada) ) and was non-detectable and had a CD4 of 780.

He swore by Viraday and highly recommended it.  I did alot of research on the internet about it, and talked to a couple of gay nurse friends of mine who said they knew of other patients taking Viraday with no problems.  ( a few of the patients they knew were taking Vonavir, just to be clear)

So I did it.  When I started about a year ago, I was non-detectable and CD4 of 496, then I was at non-detectable and CD4 540 and now after a little over a year I am non detectable and my CD4 is 670 and still climbing.  ( Im healthy enough now so I only test once every 6 months!!!  THANK GOD!!, cuz I hated the every 3 month thing...always scared me when I had to go in for testing  ( you all know that scary feeling deep inside when you have to go in to see your numbers )!!!YIKES)

I honestly believe the pharmaceuticals companies are just terrorizing people to scare them into not buying generics because I have seen they are starting to lose money to these Indian companies and thats not making them happy.

When I found out that my own government was quietly buying these same drugs under PEPFAR to bypass the pharmaceutical companies, I thought to myself  " WHY SHOULDNT I BE DOING THE SAME THING AS MY GOVERNMENT AND BUY GENERICS FROM INDIA ?" ???

I realized that when I started paying attention to things, it WASNT THE U.S. GOVT WARNING ME NOT TO TAKE GENERICS FROM INDIA....IT WAS THE PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES, THE SO CALLED NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS THEY ESTABLISHED WITH THEIR MONEY, AND THEIR FOR HIRE HENCHMEN LIKE LEGITSCRIPT TERRORIZING ME & WARNING ME NOT TO TAKE THE GENERICS. >:(

So after I figured that out, I figured if these meds were really unsafe, the government would be shutting these people down.

I mean seriously, the U.S. government a few months ago just shut down over 100 websites all across the globe selling fake designer hand bags and purses.  Come On... Seriously...they shut down websites selling FAKE DESIGNER ACCESSORIES???

If these drug companies were really poisoning people, I KNOW FOR SURE THEY WOULD BE SHUTTING DOWN GENERICS ...THEY HAVE THAT KIND OF POWER.

So I would recommend Viraday to anybody looking for an alternative to Atripla.  I havnt taken Vonavir, but again, from what I've heard its also just as good.  Im guessing its kinda like what do you like better, Coke or Pepsi  :)

I get my Viraday from www.hivgenericdrugs.com and never had any complaints.  David personally keeps in touch with me and answers back quick if I mail him.  So I have no complaints with them. 

The only thing I dont like is sometimes my meds get delayed in Customs anywhere from 3 - 10 days.  I always hate that part cuz I get scared they are going to be seized, but that has NEVER happened yet.  And I have noticed they have NEVER opened my envelope to look inside.   I always order 30 days out cuz I am scared that if the govt reverses its decision to allow in generics, I will have a back up supply until I can figure something else out.

Oh yah, and not sound like a high skool cheerleader, I love VIRADAY !

I hope this helps some.

And keep sharing information becuz only through eliminating ignorance are we going to stop this.

Offline Nate

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 05:45:44 am »
I need to append my posting above, I was quickly finishing my post and some Jehovas witnesses came to the door trying to sell me some religion, and interupted my train of thought and I never finished my thought in my post.

I told them I was gay and HIV positive and busy posting online the terrors of being poz with other poz people, and unless they had some miracle in their satchel for me besides a pamphlet telling me I was going to hell, I needed to get back to my posting.  To say the least they were stunned as I closed the door in their faces  :D

So to correct my previous post after my rude interruption...

I started on Viraday about 2 years ago not 1 year ago.  (typo in the post).  And since my numbers 1 year ago of CD4 670 I am now after 2 years non-detectable and at CD4 862.

Sorry for the mistype, I hate it when people try to solicit me at the door when Im deep in thought typing! >:(

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 11:17:50 am »
There was a lot in the news recently here in India -about India flouting the WTO rules regarding HIV drug patents, but then the Indian Govt intervened cos- then the drugs would become unaffordable for the poor in India as well as other developing countries (for which India is a major supplier). So for the time-being the prices of these HIV generic drugs are not going to be comparable to the price in Europe/ US etc.
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 09:56:01 pm »
Yeah...Im in Central Texas.  I was on Atripla and getting iit from the David Powell Center in Austin under ADAP.  But then "W" was nice enough to cut funding for ADAP so when the new formulary for Texas came out, I "made too much money"  Thats the biggest joke in the world!

I think the expectation is if you are making 30k+ a year you should be receiving health insurance from your employer.  Not that you could afford the meds at full price.  Yet another reason why employer based health benefits don't work.  If you are a contract worker or self-employed then you aren't able to get a group plan which would provide reasonably priced meds and healthcare.

Offline ThatsAll

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 09:32:02 am »
You can generic meds shipped to the USA? Good to know.

Offline gaynpositive

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 09:00:15 am »
hi hope4love,

are you getting Vonavir off the shelf or through some clinic? I am from Delhi, India and  wondering from where to procure it? I wonder if I can get them directly through a chemist??

also, you mentioned in one of your posts about a drug from Ranbaxy with the same salts as Vonavir but which costs Rs 2000/- month. Have you been able to find out its name? If yes, please tell me.

I am a regular reader of your posts and have been greatly helped with the information you post on this forum.

thanks,
gaynpositive

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 09:59:33 am »
Nate.  Obviously you have found a good source for mail ordering authentic, real, Indian generic that are what they say they are.

I agree with some of your distrust of the operations of big pharma.  However, you do go on a few paragraphs in a rather too general way in defense about the basic honesty of the mail order drug business.  There are plenty of consumers who do successfully order real medicine for cheaper, but there is a huge problem with counterfeit drugs in the world, whether they are name brand, or generic, they are completely counterfeit, worthless.  The consumer is being ripped off financially and their health is in danger. 

Perhaps this problem of counterfeit drugs is less likely if we are talking about HIV anti-virals that are mail ordered..  But that is not the only drug many mail order middle men are selling. So don't be so quick to assume that caution about mail order drugs is falsely encouraged just to shore up profits of big pharma.

(And, as an aside, I have no problem with governments going after counterfeit consumer goods, either....
I mean seriously, the U.S. government a few months ago just shut down over 100 websites all across the globe selling fake designer hand bags and purses.  Come On... Seriously...they shut down websites selling FAKE DESIGNER ACCESSORIES???
Why do you find this ridiculous.  Some nations have to take counterfeiting very seriously because these products are important to their economies... France and Italy, for example.  Anyway, even without that, the corporations that make these products do have a right to protect their brand.)
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline shivabhakt

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 01:40:18 am »
Hi hope4love, could you let me know the agency or contact through which I can get vonavir at 2500 in Delhi

Offline hope4love

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 01:07:35 pm »
Hi Shiv

Not sure where you can get Vonavir in Delhi for Rs.2,500/-. You should check with your Doctor and he will suggest where to buy.. may be through a Pharmacy/medical shop or through an wholesaler or through a delear/Medical Rep. I am getting through a Medical Rep in Bangalore, He dont keep much margins and I buy 6 months bottle at a time. Works out for both of us. Good luck in your search and let me know when you find one.

H4L
Jan 2009 - Sero Negative
Jan 2010 - Sero Positive
               CD4 - 275, VL - 18,000

Offline shivabhakt

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 12:55:21 pm »
Thanks hope4love, I would like to get 6 months of supplies in one go, if you could message his contact will be great. I am getting it at 3050/30 tabs. I am ok to pay the courier charges as well. Regards, Shiva

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 01:49:44 am »
Thanks hope4love, I would like to get 6 months of supplies in one go, if you could message his contact will be great. I am getting it at 3050/30 tabs. I am ok to pay the courier charges as well. Regards, Shiva

Hi Shiva,

Have you contacted AHF, Delhi (AIDS Healthcare Foundation). It's an NGO that supplies free ARVs. You could check with them where they source their supplies. Same for Govt. hospitals.

You could buy your ARVs from any big chemist/pharmacist. Religare labs is one major one with branches all over the place. Just walk in and ask.

Best
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 08:34:41 am »
They said I made too much money and I should be able to afford my $80/day HIV medication, and pay my rent, and food and utilities, gas, car insurance, etc...  I think I was only making like $2500/month!!!  so I dont know how their formulary says that on $2500/month I should be able to afford ALL of my monthly expenses and my $2400/month for Atripla on my HUGE salary!!!!  Has the world gone MAD????  But those people dont care...they just work there.

Any ways.... I digress... I just needed to vent about how screwed up the system is!!!   :)

Hardly a digression, your post!  Yes indeed the world has gone mad, and everyone needs to hear your valuable knowledge and experience.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline hope4love

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 10:08:26 am »

Good news, the person from whom I buy has agreed to courier you. I will give his details in Private message. It's always good even if you could save few hundreds. Good luck.

- H4L
Jan 2009 - Sero Negative
Jan 2010 - Sero Positive
               CD4 - 275, VL - 18,000

Offline shivabhakt

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 10:10:46 am »
Thank you so much H4L. Really appreciate your help. God bless you.

Regards,
Shiva

Offline shivabhakt

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 10:13:08 am »
Hi Shiva,

Have you contacted AHF, Delhi (AIDS Healthcare Foundation). It's an NGO that supplies free ARVs. You could check with them where they source their supplies. Same for Govt. hospitals.

You could buy your ARVs from any big chemist/pharmacist. Religare labs is one major one with branches all over the place. Just walk in and ask.

Best

Thanks spacebasux. I will take a check with them.

Offline oksikoko

• Writing the congressman again
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 04:54:21 pm »

"You make too much money" is always hard to hear when you're struggling. My only income right now is UI benefits, which fortunately, come to $1200 per month. I live in NYC, though, and I can no longer afford my apartment. I tried getting help from various places, but I "make too much" for assistance. I don't have a steady place to live right now or any friends or family, so it's getting a little stressful. My plan is to stay in shelters and with various, um, kind strangers :( , until I can save up enough from my UI benefits to rent a room from someone.

My point is that I agree. Our system is messed up. I want to work. I want to pay for a room. I don't want to do 'sketchy' things. But in the time it's going to take me to turn my UI into rent + deposit, God knows what I'm going to have to do. Best of luck to you, friend.
Code: [Select]
2014-11-14: CD4 Wars Episode II: Return of the Stribild (released in Europe as Stribild II: Werewolf Bitch)
2014-11-06:                ☣ VL (→) 12,627      ☣ CD4 (→) 639
2014-??-??: off treatment  ☣ VL (?)              ☣ CD4 (?)
2013-10-03:                ☣ VL (=) undetectable ☣ CD4 (+) 1105
2013-05-23:                ☣ VL (=) undetectable ☣ CD4 (-) 945
2013-02-25:                ☣ VL (-) undetectable ☣ CD4 (+) 1123
2012-12-16: Enter Stribild
2012-11-20: HIV+           ☣ VL (→) 132,683      ☣ CD4 (→) 920
2012-04-01: HIV-
Dates in this signature file conform to ISO 8601. ;-)

If no one complains, nothing will ever change.

Offline optimistic619

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2015, 11:35:49 am »
Hey hope4love! i am a guy from pakistan. i dont have good access to meds. there are frequent stockouts in pakistan due to which i have not even started the meds in the fear that i might build resistance. I am ready to pay the price for generic meds and the shipping charges. i have the prescriptions too. do you think you could help me?

Offline optimistic619

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2015, 11:38:47 am »
Good news, the person from whom I buy has agreed to courier you. I will give his details in Private message. It's always good even if you could save few hundreds. Good luck.

- H4L
hey hope4love. i am a guy from pakistan and have no access to meds. there are frequent stockouts in pakistan which is why i have not even started the meds in the fear that i might build resistance! i am ready to pay the full price for meds as long as they are generic! i have local prescription too. Please help me have access to meds!

Offline dskumarkar

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2016, 03:06:07 am »
How much is vonavir costing in india as of today? their mrp says 3900.,
is it the right combination regimen to start with?
fat redistribution is involved with this tablets?
anyone pls help.....

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.