Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2024, 02:05:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772965
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 146
Total: 146

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 1 year later  (Read 3439 times)

Offline klassykitty

1 year later
« on: April 29, 2012, 09:04:59 am »
So it's been a year since my diagnosis.   I'm STILL waiting (patiently :D) for that CD4 to hit that 200, but I will settle for 100,  VL is UD and that's what I care the most about. When it does hit 200 or more I am getting my tattoo.

I'm still on Bactrim and Zitromax.  I seem to have recuperated from the MAC attack I had last year pretty good, but Dr. is afraid that it could come back since CD4 is taking it's good ole time.  That's why he's keeping me on everything he can.

My ob/gyn wants me to continue taking zithromax every day until I hit 200-300, that is an argument I will let them have, I don't care one way or the other, I've gotten used to dealing with the side effects.

My doctor tells his other patients who complain about their CD4 of 500  not going up fast about me, and then tells them to stop complaining. I try not to let teh AIDS rule me, but it's hard at times.

Since dx I've started back at college, went through a few boyfriends, signed up at the gym at school, and yesterday started a new job, and not through a temp service either.  It's a part time job but they will work around my school schedule. Still looking for a 1965 Triumph or Norton, but with school that's on the back burner.  Iwill settle for the man with the bike, holding on is much funner anyway.

Still living at my dad's and  thinking of moving to MD.  I'm going to call an ASO in Baltimore and talk to them, I doubt there's one in NorthEast or Rising Sun. I should be able to move at the end of the year, I only have 10 car payments left and would like to get that paid off before I move. I bought a stupid smart phone and can actually open up the Poz site. Someday when I can figure out photbucket I will change my profile picture, my facebook one changes on a daily basis.

I started watching my diet better but not near as good as Miss Philicia, I like my cheesesteaks and 5 Guys burgers to much for that. 

Assuming my boss lets me off work I plan on going to DC.  Got the reservations and decided it's a good reason to buy some new clothes.  My kind of boyfriend asked if I wanted him to come with me, and I told him no.  He's in Canada for 3 weeks and didn't take me, so I figure it's a fair payback.

While I'm not on here as much as I used to be, it's good to come on here and vent or whatever.  Not to mention the laughs I get from off-topic, and some of the cattiness that goes on.  Really some of you guys sound like some  married of 60 years couple, but that's what makes it a great place.   

For the people who just started coming on here, they're a bunch of good folks on here no matter how harsh they may seem, most of them are walking encyclopedias of HIV/AIDS.

Have a great day and remember to stop and smell the roses along the way.

Michelle 8)
How to handle stress like a dog:
If you can't eat it or play with it.....
then pee on it and walk away

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
01-23  CD4 32    VL 125,400
02-18        76     VL 189
03-14  no cd4 test done   VL-52
04-14   69  VL-UNDECTABLE  YEA!!
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
2012  CD4  %Thing   VL-UD
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
2013   CD4   %thing       VL-UD
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
2014   CD-4  %thing   VL-UD
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline emeraldize

Re: 1 year later
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 09:32:53 am »
Hey KK!!

How great to read your update. What a fine year. Congrats on the school pursuit, improved CD4 count, and outlook. Wishing you luck on the move you hope to make, new job and most important, an easy time picking your new duds. To me, that is one of the harder tasks in life therefore I avoid it.  I wish Stacy, of What Not To Wear, would accompany me just once.

Em

Offline MoMorrison

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 01:21:23 pm »
Hello Michelle!

I am glad to hear that you are hanging in tough. While I am fairly new to the whole being poz thing, reading stories like yours really inspire me. It's good to know that you are not letting this virus define you. I am very thankful to have found this forum that has awesome people such as yourself on it. Keep fighting that good fight. I wish you all the best.
Jan 2011 Tested HIV positive
01/2011 CD4 189 / VL 79,000
03/20/2012 CD4 133 (10%) / VL 46,000
03/28/2012 started bactrim ds
04/04/2012 started complera
05/24/2012 CD4 255 (17%) / VL 53
06/25/2012 stopped bactrim ds

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 01:28:40 pm »
Michelle! my my you have a warped view of me ;) I do, from time to time, indulge in Five Guys and a cheesesteak. I mean really -- you know I live a mere five blocks from where the cheesesteak was first invented!

(though this place is much better!)
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 02:57:39 pm »
Miss Klassy Kitty, it's been a year already?  You are one tough and lovable biker-lady, a true pleasure to have around these forums.  Glad to count you as part of our dysfunctional family.

And yeah, don't be fooled by Philicia; she is actually quite the unhealthy eater. The thing with her is that she likes fine dining and expensive (un)healthy food --as opposed to WillyWump's twinkies, Whattaboiger, and Taco Bell midnight visits.  That's the only difference.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 08:48:48 pm »

Assuming my boss lets me off work I plan on going to DC.  Got the reservations and decided it's a good reason to buy some new clothes. 

For the people who just started coming on here, they're a bunch of good folks on here no matter how harsh they may seem, most of them are walking encyclopedias of HIV/AIDS.

Have a great day and remember to stop and smell the roses along the way.

Michelle 8)

Hey Klassy, good to hear that things are going well since your DX.  Don't spend too much energy on the absolute count results, the VL is the more important thing at this point.  If you keep it under control then your CD4's will eventually improve.  Trust me.

Re: DC, all I can say is I hope you can make it.  I guarantee you you will have a memorable time.

RAB   :)

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 01:08:00 am »
Michelle,

It is inspiring for many to hear the positive attitude you have.  That is awesome that you have gone back to school.  I miss college and often think about going back, even if to just take a few classes of interest.  All the best on getting those CD4's up, so you can get that tattoo. 

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 01:24:19 am »
Hi Michelle,

Many congrats on your first anniversary! 

Your doctor relates your story to his patients with CD4 >500 with good reason; your positive attitude in the face of all the difficulties is exemplary.

Best
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline pozinHI

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 02:43:08 pm »
hello klassy kitty......I feel your situation. I got diagnosed only after PCP and MAC. After two straight years of 6 or more meds a day, I am finally down to 3. I still am on clarythromicin,isentress, and truvada. I just dont want to feel as bad as I did two years ago so I will take any meds I need to. The MAC infection was the worst part. It was all in my lymph nodes and is finally gone.(knock on wood)
I wish only the best for you.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.