Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:18:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 387
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 278
Total: 278

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: HIV/Hep C and now Cancer.  (Read 4586 times)

Offline Lovemysis

HIV/Hep C and now Cancer.
« on: February 12, 2016, 04:09:54 am »
Hi guys,

This site has really opened my eyes to this condition.  Some wonderful advice on here, thank you so much.  My older sister is an addict on methadone, she drinks very heavily everyday and abuses heroin! She has three kids, one child was born with some signs that alcohol has affected her growth.  The other two lil munckins were born before her addiction got bad, they are fine. She lives my older parents because she fell asleep with a cigerette and nearly died, children were fine but after that became my parents responsiblility. She tested positive for HIv two years ago and aparantly not been taking her meds right if not at all..  her liver is in a bad way too.  She doesnt care that she is killing herself and destroying our whole family, she hates everyone too, my other sister told her close friend who she had been friends with 12 yrs about what her parents were telling her about her sister walkin around with the youngest baby out of it and drunk.  My sister had known this girl a long time but, hadnt known that they had become friends recently as they all live in separate towns.  Anyhow that friend broke her trust and maliciously told the sister with hiv that the other sister was sabotage her life, which was so untrue, my sister loves her, she has just been very difficult over the years regards her addiction .   We love our sister and want her better but this is a mess.  My sister had no one to confide in, it was her parents who bombarded her with there issues with my sister and my sister needed a friend but she choose the wrong friend to confide in and now her sister who has been diagnosed with cancer too now hates her!!  Its so sad.. my sister who has hiv is so angry, i knw she has an awful lot to deal with, i knw shes depressed, its awful.  We all love her but her addiction has destroyed us as a family.  We no longer get together, my parents are frail lookin, they literally do most of the child minding.  My dad looked so old!  My sister has been so careless to, once i found a needle in tge flowee pot! God its a mess!

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: HIV/Hep C and now Cancer.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 04:51:38 am »
Welcome to the forums .

I'm truly sorry to hear about your Sister, and the distress that the addiction has caused and continues to cause you and your family.

I moved your thread into the someone I care about forum where you can post all of your topics.  As a HIV negative member you are only allowed to post or reply in the someone I care about forum and also in the off topic forums where we discuss any thing other than HIV .

Wishing you all the best.

Jim
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 04:54:18 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline tt816

Re: HIV/Hep C and now Cancer.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 03:48:54 am »
thank u so much...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.