Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:24:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 378
Total: 378

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Thanks for all the advice  (Read 4202 times)

Offline bluesky

Thanks for all the advice
« on: March 14, 2009, 09:36:23 am »
Thanks for all the advice
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 08:43:01 pm by bluesky »

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
Re: Just find out my boyfriend is HIV Positive been with for over 2 years
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 11:51:40 am »
Hello Bluesky

There's some great lessons on this site that you may find helpful in answering your questions.  Just click on the following link.

http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/Introduction_4702.shtml

To answer your first question, someone can be infected with HIV for years without symptoms. 

Regards
A
5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 12:10:20 pm »
Hi, I just find out my boyfriend is HIV positive been with him over 2yrs.  I have a question does this mean he cheated on me or it takes this long to get HIV.  There was a social worker came to his house last October to tell him that he needs to be check for HIV.  That someone came to the clinic and find out that they were HIV and they said he was one of the persons that they slept with.   I love him so much and am not going to leave him.  I just need to learn more about HIV.  We have not really slept together much.  We probably had sex about 2 times.   Both times he did not come in me.  But I am going to get a HIV test to comfirm that I don't have HIV.  I know by reading that we can still have sex but only with a condom.  How good is this?  I know I probably will still have to take the testes every year to make sure.  I know you can not have kids.  What if you do get pregnant by chance and you are tested negative for HIV.  Do the baby still get HIV?  Please advise I am still learning about HIV.  I am so in love with this guy and want to marry him and be with him forever. 
1) The way to know if he cheated on you is to ask him and trust his answer.
2) Hiv takes a few weeks from the time of contact - infection - to the time a person starts to develop antibodies.
If your boyfriend just now tested positive he can ask his doctor to estimate the date he was infected, if this information is important to you to him.  He may have been positive for years, just didn't know it.

3) I hope your HIV test is negative.
4) You need some education - HIV+ men can father childrena nd HIV+ women can have children and the child can be HIV-. It takes medical treatment and close supervision.
5) If you are both willing to work with doctors to keep you in good health there seems to be nothing about HIV preventing you from marrying him and being with him forever
Good luck and best wishes
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline mum20011940

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 02:39:03 pm »
hi in November I found out my partner of 28 years has  Hodge's lymphoma just before he started chemo he tested hiv positive.Will knowing where he got it help me or him I don't think so.I had my test on 25th Feb and it was negative my next test is in may 09.
I am finding it very hard to accept and i havenot had any sexual contact since but one thing i  do know is I love him and will do everything i can to help him through this ,I can see and feel his pain but am unable to stop it maybe that is what i cant get over  his viral load is 1225 and his CD is 195 he is due to start meds on the 23/3/09 at the same time have chemo and radiotherapy I am very worried for him .
I have a great mentor in Ron who I found on this site he has helped me get things in prospective and now i just look forward never back all the best and i prey you come back negative

support each other

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.