Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:06:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 368
Total: 371

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What's the best site for meeting poz singles  (Read 3720 times)

Offline Ray3164

What's the best site for meeting poz singles
« on: February 04, 2014, 09:20:36 pm »
Just curious. I've used the poz.com personals site but looking for something better. Is there a site that's best for hetero relationships?

Offline ratcat

Re: What's the best site for meeting poz singles
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 11:26:50 pm »
hivpassions is a good free site.  Most want money.  I live in Thailand and it is really difficult to find a new girlfriend here, even though there are over a million people living with hiv in this country.  Does anybody know a good way to find somebody here?  I will be off work for 1 or 2 months soon and looking for a new gf.  My last gf, who I was engaged to, died!  I need to move on and I'm finally ready to.

Offline Ray3164

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 11:37:06 pm »
Ratcat, sorry to hear about your loss. Keep looking and keep your chin up. I have yet to engage in a relationship since my diagnosis. However, I am confident I will find someone.

Offline ratcat

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 12:48:19 pm »
Thanks Ray3164...ok lets keep this thread's purpose going.  Maybe somebody knows something that I don't!  Any good sites out there?

Offline countrymanPete

• Just your average Joe
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 12:48:43 am »
  Maybe it would be helpful if we all compiled a list, and checked them out.   
   If it's any consolation being a gay man wanting a genuine dating site, well forget it.  Most gay sites, or extensions off straight sites, are purely sex orientated, and then there are the sex date sites.   I am having great difficulty finding genuinly nice people. Maybe I'm too fussy in my old age(50) but all I seem to get are dirty messages.
Everything should work like a well oiled ship

The titanic was a well oiled ship.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 08:34:13 am »
  Maybe it would be helpful if we all compiled a list, and checked them out.   
   If it's any consolation being a gay man wanting a genuine dating site, well forget it.  Most gay sites, or extensions off straight sites, are purely sex orientated, and then there are the sex date sites.   I am having great difficulty finding genuinly nice people. Maybe I'm too fussy in my old age(50) but all I seem to get are dirty messages.

Hi
It occurs to me that as this is a oft repeated complaint you should just buck the trend and post an honest ad , forgive me if you already have. as it will be read eventually by someone who is not drug f88ked looking for instant gratification. Wofter a member posted a straightforward non sexual add on his , I believe rural mid U.S. area site and was amazed and delighted with the response. But then had yet another fall and injured himself again.
Good luck all who are looking.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline exfighterpilot

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 09:31:16 am »
Believe it or not, I live in Los Angeles, and find craigslist.org to be a decent way to meet others who are HIV+ dating for dating.

Just my ll' .02 cents

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.