Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:47:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773516
  • Total Topics: 66380
  • Online Today: 394
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 403
Total: 403

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Stressed  (Read 2774 times)

Offline h20

Stressed
« on: August 16, 2011, 09:06:48 pm »
Well I had sex with this girl and the condom broke this was a first and one time deal, so I didn't pay it much attention, there wasn't anything I could do,  well I went to bed woke up 5 hrs later and I had a rash on my lower right stomach. It looked like a heat rash it was raised and had small white heads on it. It lasted two days then went away, right after it went away almost exact as far as time I developed another rash on my inner butt cheek the same way. Both rashes were about the size of a 50 cent piece. Both rashes itched the one on my stomach was irriated by my shirt the butt was was irriated when ever I sat down sometimes when I walked, the butt rash also lasted about two days. 

After the butt rash appeared, I went to the doctor the very next day, the stomach one was gone by then, he looked at the one on my butt didn't see much said it was basicly a heat rash. They checked my temp at the doctor no fever was present, he feels for my lymph nodes in my groin, armpits, and the bottom of my jaw nothing swollen.

So after I left his office I went for a full STD tests they all came back negative, this was four days after the inital risk exposure. I knew that HIV would not show up if it was from her but I wanted to get tested plain and simple.

So two days later the butt rash goes away but I start getting alot of sinus drainage, the next day I notice my salvary glands inside of my mouth are swollen.

So the next day I start getting pain in my throat on my left side it feels swollen and I don't have sore throat but my neck in general is hurting, two days later I have the same pain in the right side of my neck and my throat feels swollen on the outside.

Over the next two days I start getting dizzyness and sharp pains in my right ear it literally feels like I have ear infection so over the next three days I deal with it and still have sinus drainage. I notice I also have small ulcer on the side of my tounge about the size of the open end of a ink pin. I put some peroxide on it and it went away in about 3 days.

Now I notice I have itch in my left chest thats very noticeable no rash just and really bad itch my shirt irraites it bad, and it will also itch without having a shirt on. I shaved my chest hair to assure there was no rash and there was not.

Now I see a white spot on my left tonsil so I decide to go back to the doctor, he says I have tonsiltitus and puts me on a antibodic "amoxicllin". My chest is still having a itch on the left pretty bad and on the right some no rash it just itches really bad. I told him I thought I had a ear infection he looked in my ear and said it was fine. That I probaly had a problem with the drain tubes coming from my ear they went down my neck, and that was what was causing my pain. I mentioned my chest it and he really did not have a answer for me on that.

I start taking the anitbodics they do not help the pain any and my tonsils are still swollen well, on the third day of anitbodics I notice there is blood spots under my tongue they don't hurt or cause any problems but I can see them it appears to be about six of them. They vary in sizes they are not very large the smallest being the fine point of a ink pin the largest being the rear part outer ring of a ink pen.

So I continue on a couple more days pass, I don't really feel all that bad but now my armpits both of them start itches really bad as well as my left chest imparticularly. I start having some mucle aches particularly in my right elblow I don't recall doing anything to trigger it on but it hurts and its more of a ache than a sharp pain.

Over the next 4 days the armpitch remains and is pretty severe, to the point that I shave my armpits when doing so the entire part of my armpits have turned a dark red in color. Where the skin overlaps in my armpits its raw and small blisters there on both sides. I still have a mild chest itch no rash on the left side

I finish the antibodics and nothing feels to have changed I still have the ear aches, the slight chest is there and my armpits are icthing really bad. I have pains that come and go in my mucsles and joints they don't last long maybe a few mins then they go away.

So on the 36th day after the potential expsoure I get tested again for HIV only and the test results come back negative. Both tests that are taken they are taking blood samples. I should have waited the 42 days but my concious is killing me. I am still having itching problems from my armpits and I developed a light rash on the inside of my groin area, my tonsils still appear to be swollen and I am having mucsle aches and joint pains. None of it is long term as far as aches and pains but I do deal with them everyday even today. I start using a anti itch cream to help with my armpits it helps very little but they still itch even today 43 days after exposure

I am unsure of exactly how seroconversion works it seems very complicated from person to person, the female that I possibly was exposed by doesn't have any symptoms that I can see of. Alot of the stuff that I see about seroconversion say you won't just have one or two symptoms they normally hit you pretty hard. But some people do not have symptoms at all, fever seems to be the most common but I have been keeping a eye on my fever religously and I have not had a fever typically it is around 98.2 highest it has been is 98.6.

I had also read if the rash is present then you would likely test positive but, on the same hand I read that if seroconvesion is not complete you will not test postive which makes perfect sense, I am totally confused, and really stressed about this.

I have been reading on this site for a few weeks and I have learned alot so I figured I would post my scenerio and see what type of feedback I got. I do not plan to be tested again to the 3 month mark when I gets here I will get tested. 

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Stressed
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 12:47:01 am »
Symptoms are meaningless when it comes to diagnosing HIV.

You have had a small risk, but a risk nonetheless.

How can you claim you had an exposure? You have no idea of the girl's HIV status. What you had was an incident of brief unprotected vaginal sex. And as we know, HIV is far less easily passed from female to male.

Your risk, if the girl was indeed HIV positive, was small.  Very small. Your tests have been encouraging of course, but as you note, only a test at 12 weeks is considered definitive.

I would be shocked, and your case would be one for the books, if you were to seroconvert over this incident.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 07:56:00 am »
h,

I agree with Jonathan. You are highly unlikely to go on to test positive due to this brief unprotected incident. I have yet to see the insertive partner end up positive over a condom break and I do not expect you to be the first.

The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks, with the average time to seroconversion being only 22 days. A six week negative must be confirmed at the three month point, but is highly unlikely to change.

Do NOT come back to complain about your various symptoms. If you feel unwell, see a doctor. It's nothing to do with hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline h20

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 07:14:32 pm »
Well to do a follow up I got tested again at exactly 14 weeks "98 days" to the day, it was negative, I used the home access test I read alot on them and seem to be 99.9% accurate.

I am just really hoping am not the .1%

I am still having the pretty much all of the same symptoms so its time to go to a doctor for different testing. I just figured I would do a follow up on my orginal thread, which I will probaly rest at the 6 month date for confirmation. I have had 100% safe sex since the orginal date so theres no chance of anything else getting into my body.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 07:43:06 pm »
A test at three months is sufficient. HIV tests are also some of the more accurate tests known to man - when they err, it's on the side of caution. False POSITIVES can happen. False Positive simply do not, outside the window period.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.