Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:22:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773286
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 387
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 363
Total: 365

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Tis the season  (Read 4884 times)

Offline Texan38

Tis the season
« on: September 23, 2009, 06:22:28 pm »
The new TV season has begun! Old shows returning, new shows beginning.  So far, I've been a bit disappointed with the new 'Melrose Place'.  It's not as fun as the original...at least not yet but I continue to DVR it.
My guilty pleasure is also back...'Dancing With The Stars'.  Kelly Osborne shocked me! She's quite good! And as far as Macy Gray, she's a hoot! She seemed to be in her own little world enjoying all the pretty lights around her.
Now, I'm looking forward to seeing 'Cougar Town' with Courtney Cox, 'FlashForward' and my faves 'The Amazing Race' and the final season of 'LOST'.

So many shows, so little DVRs!  :)
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
Re: Tis the season
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 07:50:55 pm »

Now, I'm looking forward to seeing 'Cougar Town' with Courtney Cox, 'FlashForward' and my faves 'The Amazing Race' and the final season of 'LOST'.

FlashForward looks really interesting.  Now that 'Lost' is about to end we need another good, intelligent show.  The remake of 'V' looks cool also.  I am looking forward to the Race as well.  My main addictions are 'Grey's Anatomy' (yeah, I know it is fashionable to hate it these days, but it remains my main drama), 'Law & Order SVU' (just to see Meloni and Hargitay is enough for me),  and 'Survivor.'  

The one show that disappointed me was last night's premiere of 'NCIS L.A.'  I thought it'd be good having hot stuff LL Cool J in it, but I found it rather poser-ish and pedestrian.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Texan38

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 06:49:24 pm »
Oh, yea, I hope 'V' is good.  So far, remakes just haven't lived up to the hype.  I also watch 'Grey's Anatomy' so I'll be tuning in for the season premier.
I've never seen 'Law & Order SVU' but...mmmmmm....Meloni.  I've always found him sexy ever since I saw him in 'Bound'.
'Cougar Town' disappointed me. Tried too hard to be funny but I did enjoy 'Modern Family'.
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 06:54:06 pm »
I love Law & Order SVU.  If Meloni is the one who plays Elliot, I've seen him in Oz quite awhile ago, totally naked.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 08:40:08 pm »
I love Law & Order SVU.  If Meloni is the one who plays Elliot, I've seen him in Oz quite awhile ago, totally naked.

That's him Betty.  He was beyond hot in 'Oz.'  I used to keep a pic of his bad self as my desktop's wallpaper.  He has the right combination of rough and sweet that I'd like to find in a fella.

Marc, 'Cougar Town' was pretty rubbishy.  And I also hated 'Community,' expected it to be funnier.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline poz1970

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 11:07:18 pm »
Star Gate Universes in under 2 weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (yay!)

Smallville starts tomorrow too (well, my saturday, your friday night), Simpsons, Brothers and Sisters, Family Guy, American Dad, and NCIS have all started or about to.

Fringe is definitely worth a lookin too.  Cougartown was hysterical, loved it .. will be downloading it every single week! (thank you eztv!)

Best site for people that download their tv; http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/

J
"The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to  heterosexuals. That doesn`t mean that God doesn`t love heterosexuals. It`s just that they need more supervision." -- Lynn Lavne

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 06:41:47 pm »
I still miss Battlestar Galactica  :-\
Hopefully the remake of "V", which premieres in November 3rd in the U.S., will fill that vacuum.  I still remember the alien swallowing the mouse (gerbil?) and, even better, the little old lady that pulls a Molotov Cocktail out of her shopping cart/trolley and flings it into the alien spacecraft, which explodes!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 08:35:42 pm »
New Law & Order SVU in 1/2 an hour!  Livebythe moon, I hope you're tuning in!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 10:10:01 pm »
Betty, I am sitting in front of the telly watching my guy.  Meloni is just freakin' delicious.  I'm in love all over again, especially 'cause this season they're making him a little more sensitive :)

And is that new DA lady a witch or what? How many more times are they going to change this character?  I miss Alex, she was so cool and poised.

Ps./  Darn, I started watching 'The Beautiful Life TBL' on the CW and I thought it was quite cool... Mischa Barton and her bitchy self was just great.  But they cancelled it after two episodes (that must be some sort of bad record).

Marc, did you watch FlashForward?  Was that awesome or what? :)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 10:18:40 pm »

You guys forgot to mention MTV's new epsodes called The Duel!  It starts tonight! ;D ;)
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 10:21:56 pm »

You guys forgot to mention MTV's new epsodes called The Duel!  It starts tonight! ;D ;)

I didn't know it was coming back so soon! Let me DVR that one... I haven't watched 'The Real World' probably since '98, but the duels, gauntlets, infernos, and whatnot are just great.  Let's only hope that Johnny Bananas and Beth the psycho stay away this season.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 10:27:59 pm »
I didn't know it was coming back so soon! Let me DVR that one... I haven't watched 'The Real World' probably since '98, but the duels, gauntlets, infernos, and whatnot are just great.  Let's only hope that Johnny Bananas and Beth the psycho stay away this season.

Dude, Wes is on there.  You are aware aren't you that his girl Johanna left him for Kenny on the Island?  Anyhow Wes is on the verge of losing it and he's now with Cohutta's girl, what's her face....
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 10:33:31 pm »
Dude, Wes is on there.  You are aware aren't you that his girl Johanna left him for Kenny on the Island? 

Man, Wes is on?  Heck, I'm watching this as soon as SVU is over!  I hope he goes ballistic as he always does (I like him so much better than that unfunny sociopath CT).

And what the hell happened to Johanna?  From cutie to major ho in just a couple of seasons (Kenny looks like such a rat; I don't know why he thinks so highly of himself).

Cohutta seems like such a nice redneck.  I gotta check to see who his ex-chick (not the dumb pseuo-lesbian who fails at every challenge, right?)....

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 06:32:35 am »
And is that new DA lady a witch or what? How many more times are they going to change this character?  I miss Alex, she was so cool and poised.

Yeah, she's something, isn't she.  I liked it when she attempted to smoke.  It was a really good episode. 

Offline Texan38

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 07:41:34 am »
I haven't seen any of the 'Real World' shows or any of it's spin offs in a looong time.

To be honest, I've seen the preview for "V" and, at least to me, it doesn't seem too interesting. I seriously hope the action/thrills aren't being shown in the preview to build up momentum.

I loved FlashForward! I noticed in one scene, there was a poster for Oceanic Flights in the background ~ ode to 'Lost'?  I usually don't notice those things but the name just stood out for me.  That's a very good show!
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline sparky1976

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 08:52:40 am »

To be honest, I've seen the preview for "V" and, at least to me, it doesn't seem too interesting. I seriously hope the action/thrills aren't being shown in the preview to build up momentum.

Yeah, I saw the preview on facebook the other day… not quite as hyped as I was for this now after seeing it. remake’s are always hit or miss with me. I guess tho, this does have a bench mark to meet… and I did love the Diana character from the original. ah, how I miss 80’s shows with their uber bitches. :)

I loved FlashForward! I noticed in one scene, there was a poster for Oceanic Flights in the background ~ ode to 'Lost'?  I usually don't notice those things but the name just stood out for me.  That's a very good show!

Flash Forward kicked off here this week and I have to say that was a solid first episode - definitely enough going on to keep me engaged for now.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 05:16:29 pm »
I'm all about Glee.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.