Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:34:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 355
Total: 356

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My decision: UPDATE - MORE GREAT NEWS! :)  (Read 18312 times)

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
My decision: UPDATE - MORE GREAT NEWS! :)
« on: September 06, 2006, 03:23:49 pm »
OK, well it’s been a few weeks since I shared anything on the forums about my situation here. I thought I’d start a new thread even though the topic is linked to this thread:

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=2392.msg26524#msg26524

So many important things have happened in the last few weeks that I thought the news warranted it’s own thread. So here goes:

My last report to you guys about my situation here was that I’d been asking around for students for private tuition and I was waiting to hear back from some.

Well, firstly I was right about the gossips starting up again. However, it seems I was wrong about the Albanian mother – she recently told my friend she is still interested – but she hasn’t had time to call to see me. The 18 year old girl stopped me last night and said she’s not sure if she will have enough time to fit private lessons in – she will know for sure next week when she gets her school timetable. I have 2 other ‘possibles’ but have something more important to tell you first:

Once I realised the gossips had started up again, I began getting stressed out again. After long talks with my friends and a lot of thinking, I came to the conclusion that it was time to confront the situation head-on once and for all. So: firstly, with my friend’s help I have arranged for an hiv organisation to come from the mainland to speak with parents/students/young people here in the village about hiv. They are coming in October. Secondly, in the meantime, I have decided to be honest with prospective parents and tell them about my status upfront, before the gossips have a chance to reach them. I started last night with the other 2 ‘possibles’ I mentioned.

My friend went along with me as ‘my mouth’, so that we could explain properly in Greek and she told the whole story twice over to 2 different mothers. Both reacted well. The first one cried and hugged me and the second one said she had no problem at all with me and was definitely still interested. Unfortunately both needed to also ok things with their husbands, so now I am on tenterhooks left waiting to hear from them…

I’m really past caring what people think. My only concern is whether or not I get any students. I’ve disclosed to so many people (aside from the parents) this past 2 weeks – all great supportive reactions – and I have subsequently made new friends. With the situation the way it is here for me now, I am basically going in with the new approach that it is no longer about who I can trust, but rather it is about separating the people I want in my life from those I don’t, based on their reactions. Simple as that really.

I didn’t say anything here sooner because too many things were unfolding and changing day to day and I just didn’t have the time or energy to be updating things on a daily basis. Plus I wasn’t ready to share in case I bottled out. But I'm glad to be able to say that I didn’t bottle out. The ball is now rolling with parents and I am continuing to ask around for prospective students. I also contacted my ex-employer from the school a few days ago and cleared the air with her - I just decided it was time and feel much better for having done it. Also, while I was on the mainland, I managed to fit in an impromptu visit to the organisation that will be coming here in October. I spoke with a psychiatrist there and got some basic info leaflets in Greek to offer to parents.

I know I’m doing the right thing but I still feel anxious. I think I will be until I have a definite yes from someone.

So, that’s where I’m up to right now. Jumping every time the phone rings…

Melia :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 01:21:57 pm by sweetasmeli »
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: My decision
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 03:49:23 pm »
Good luck to you Melia as you wend your way along the path that feels right for you.

It's understandable that you are anxious to get some positive phone calls. During the waiting period I suggest keeping as busy as possible and just letting the chips fall as they may.

Keep us posted.
Andy Velez

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 05:35:51 pm »
Hi Melia

Thinking of you and keeping every thing crossed.

People will always respect honesty, and that's what you have given them, and not only that, you are now offering them an education in HIV, I think that's a wonderful idea..the more they learn the more understanding they become...and that's always a good thing.

Behind you 100%..if anyone can make this work it would be you...let us know when that phone starts ringing with the good news.

Hugs
Jan :-*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 06:09:25 pm »
Hello Melia, it is Eldon.

You are in my thoughts today and I wanted to share with you to take it one day at a time and as Andy said; let the chips fall as they may.

Have the BEST Day!

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 06:11:37 pm »
Good luck - matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 11:49:14 pm »
Melia,
My dear, you have taken a very difficult, emotional step in your life.

May I say, whatever happens, you have started down the path to really living with HIV. This isn't an easy task.

For quite a while now, you have been on an emotional razor's edge. Now, you have taken control of your life once again and are calling the shots.

You are absolutely correct when you said:

I’m really past caring what people think. My only concern is whether or not I get any students. I’ve disclosed to so many people (aside from the parents) this past 2 weeks – all great supportive reactions – and I have subsequently made new friends. With the situation the way it is here for me now, I am basically going in with the new approach that it is no longer about who I can trust, but rather it is about separating the people I want in my life from those I don’t, based on their reactions. Simple as that really.

I am very proud of you. It may not be easy, and there will still be ups and downs, stress and strong emotions, but now you are in control.

I found that when I stopped caring what others thought about me, my HIV, my lifestyle, I was liberated - I was freed from the fetters others would place upon me.

It isn't always easy and I've had my share of difficulties over the years, but now I live under my terms, not those others would impose upon me.

Good for you, young woman!

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 10:08:55 am »
You know my feelings and I salute your decision to educate in more ways than one!

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 02:45:07 pm »
Good luck, Melia  ;)
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 04:55:06 pm »
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 10:23:40 pm by emeraldize »

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 05:13:02 pm »
i have two greek phrases in my possession

"To fayito, itan poli kalo, efharisto"  and  " Kali tihi"

in this case, melia,  i'm gonna go with the latter  :)

Kate

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 11:22:30 pm »
Melia,

I wanted to post something sooner, however my schedule has been crazy (I have long days M-W).  I wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and your journey with all of this.  I know things are going to work out well for you, cuz you are a special person.  Keep sharing your experience, you inspire!

With love and caring,
Andrew

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
Re: My decision: UPDATE - GOOD NEWS!
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 04:50:12 am »
I HAVE MY FIRST STUDENT!!!

One of the mothers just called me and said they definitely want me. We are getting together tonight to discuss books and hours.

I CAN'T STOP SMILING!!! ;D

One very very very relieved Melia :)

*(edited to say: Thanks guys for all your good thoughts and wishes! And bravo Kate for your 2 phrases of Greek, haha...Efharisto for the kali tihi wish! Meant to say that this morning and forgot cos I was in a tizzy from my news! ::) Am still floating, tralala..!)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 11:46:30 am by sweetasmeli »
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Offline OzPaul

• 40 year, Long Term Survivor/LTNP
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 05:14:12 am »
Congratulations Melia !!!!

This is wonderful news. Keep us up to date as to how is going. I'm smiling with you.

All the best

Paul

Offline IzPoz

• God, grant me the serenity...
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 06:24:33 am »
Melia,

Persistance is a good thing to have!! Congratulations!
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 06:30:35 am »
Hi Melia

I knew this would happen...good things always happen to good people.

Congratulations on your first student

Take care
Hugs

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 09:15:08 am »
Melia,

Remember when you first came here, and were going through the heaviest shit you have ever dealt with in your life?  Then you were having a really difficult time seeing your way through all the changes, closets, neighbors' gossip, a job that wasn't working out; and here you are, disclosing, taking your woman power, and turning the corner on all those bad feelings and events that were really screwing with your brain.

Girl, I say you have come a long way BABY!  Keep control of your woman power, stay centered and I promise it will only get better from here.  Greece really needs you right now, and for whatever reason you are there; now they are going to be so very glad you came to visit.

In Love and Support.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Christine

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 10:21:32 am »
Melia,

I admire your bravery and strength. Fantastic. Your posts sounds as though you are in a very good place right now...a little scared...but really strong and determined.

And you are so right...keep the good people in your life, and the rest of them can go and take a hike.

This may sound silly, but I think things happen for a reason. You may be in this small village to educate them on more than schoolwork. Your bravery and willingness to share your experiences will save people's lives.

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 12:39:16 pm »
bravissimo!!!

Very cool Melia...way to go!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 02:19:21 pm »
OUTSTANDING!!!!

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2006, 02:24:45 pm »
Yay Melia!  I am very proud, and so happy for you.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

- traditional gaelic blessing

Love & hugs,

Alan  :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
Re: My decision: UPDATE - BAD NEWS! :(
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2006, 03:32:28 pm »
The mother hasn't told her husband! She doesn't want to risk his reaction. But she wants me to start lessons with her daughter next week anyway. Which leaves me pretty much where I was before... I don't want to be taking on students if there's a risk I may lose them somewhere down the line...I want everything out in the open so I have no worries. What do I do??? I'm thinking of telling the mother if she doesn't tell her husband, then I can't do the lessons...I don't know!

And the other mother said no. She didn't even have the decency to come and see me to tell me; I bumped into her in the road and had to ask her myself. She said it's not that they're afraid but they're ignorant.

Do you know, I haven't even got it in me to explain...I'm so tired of this shit!

Melia :(
(whose bubble has burst...)
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2006, 09:22:22 pm »
Well DAMN, honey.....

sending you love & hugs (and positive thoughts!)

Alan   :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2006, 09:46:13 pm »
Melia,

I am sorry about all of this, the complexity of it all, etc.  You have a strong sense of ethics.  You are right to have such high expectations.  All I can say is be patient.  Sometimes when we construct such wonderful towers, there is no one to fill them.  No one to join us there.  Love gives freely without condition.  I know it is difficult, but give until the door is closed and then find another that is open.  Do you know what I am trying to say?  Although your heart is broken, what is the work that you do right now?  Just keep loving and working...

With love and support,
andrew

Offline Teresa

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2006, 11:08:58 pm »
Melia,

You hang in there hon. You are a special lady and everyone will come to realize that and then you will have more students than you know what to do with.

Big Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Robert

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2006, 11:31:12 pm »
Don't worry Melia.

As they say, the darkest hour is just before dawn.  A new day will be coming soon.  I know it.  You're too good.

robert

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2006, 12:43:55 am »
Melia.

You have a definite yes from me! No need to be anxious. If anything, your new approach of being open and honest will separate those you would wish to have in your life from those you would not. More power to you, I say.

*hugs*

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2006, 02:12:51 am »
I went to sleep with a headache and I've woken up with a headache... >:(

I didn't go into this whole thing with any expectations; just a bit of fear and a lot of hope. I know I should be being strong and patient but I feel like all I've been doing for 2 years now is being strong and patient. But it's exhausting! I'm so tired of everything being so difficult. Its been that long I cant remember when my life wasnt complicated. And I feel burnt out. It's like I'm doing all the right things but it means nothing; I'm getting nothing in return for my honesty and courage. So whats the point? I'm tired of complicated! I'm tired of difficult! I don't want challenging anymore! I want some simple for once, just once! Someone anyone, please tell me, does life ever get simple living with this f**kin disease?

I'm thinking of throwing the towel in here in Greece and moving back to the UK, even though I don't want to. I'm beginning to think that living by the sea, having a great climate, a nice home and a few nice friends are not worth all this f**kin hassle!

Sorry for ranting but am very pissed off and fed up of this crap!

Melia  :'(

*(edited to say: Don't worry, I'm not giving up...just tired and pissed off and need to rant...I dont do it often!)

**( and edited again to say: Thanks again for all your words of support/encouragement...I'm grumpy but still grateful!)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 03:20:12 am by sweetasmeli »
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2006, 03:12:58 am »
Melia,

sorry i haven't offered anything up until now, but i have been reading your threads, and i want you to know that you are in my heart.

i'm going thru such a point in my professional career where i'm wondering if it's worth the stress and hassle of not knowing if i'm going to catch TB or some other funky-ass disease on my 8-hour shift (i'm a nurse in the ICU of the local "charity" hospital).

I am proud of you for having the courage to put it all out there.  i'm hoping that something good will happen for you and turn things around for the better.   :-*

Take care,
John

Offline water duck

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2006, 04:16:11 am »
You needed a YES to boost your self confidence, which somehow is late in coming.

Just like to quote the following for you, hopes it help :

I beg you...to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books writtten in a very foreign language.
    Don't search for the answers, which could not be given you now, because you would not be able to live them.
   And the point is, to live everything.
   Live the questions now.
   Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without ever noticing it, live your way into the answer ............(rainer maria rilke)

Sending positive thoughts your way !!

Siang

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2006, 09:49:31 am »
Hey Melia,
   Hang in there.  Take on your student.  Here's my logic.  You need to work, we all need to be engaged.  Even if the husband says no, you're ahead in fees for whatever lessons you've taught.  You fretted over ever getting one, but you did.  You're fretting over whether you'll keep one - I suspect you will.  Your plan to bring info to the village is proactive and laudable.  I think you're out ahead of the situation, not behind it.  Do take the time to enjoy a lovely view of the Mediterannean at sunset - that'll help too!  Take care.  ;D

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2006, 11:55:49 am »
Ok well, decision made and acted upon.

My friend helped me to explain to the mother and ask her to tell her husband. I told her I really do want to teach her daughter but I would only do it if they were all ok with me up front. So, she understood and said she would tell him tonight and let me know the outcome...

Also another mother (English this time) has expressed an interest today. It was actually someone who I was slowly becoming friends with. She was still interested after I told her everything, just has to discuss it with her husband...hes English too, so theres hope!

I don't want to start with a student if theres the chance we may have to finish 'if I get found out'. That's why I want to be upfront with parents. I just dont need or want any more unnecessary worry or stress. Also I don't want to teach for the money. I live a very simple life here and dont need much money to live. I want to teach because its something I love to do and (for the first time in my life) I know its something I'm good at.

Will let you know any developments...

Melia
(who is a bit anxious still but less grumpy...and apologises for using the F word earlier! ::) )
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)

ChicagoMike

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2006, 11:56:24 am »
Melia,

In my opinion, you should not turn down the woman that wants to hire you because she has not told her husband.  From what you have written, sounds as if you are very upset with all that has happened during the last few days.  Why turn down the business?  What would that gain?  So what if the husband finds out down the road and they end up firing you? But on the flip side, there is also a big chance that will NOT happen.   Don't be afraid of what you THINK may happen in the future!! Your future could end up being a million different possibilities.  Deal with the here and now and actuality.  TAKE THE BUSINESS.

With each new student you obtain, your reputation will be your biggest asset.  One by one your business will grow.  TRUST ME!

Good luck to you,
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 11:58:48 am by ChicagoMike »

Offline naftalim

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2006, 04:44:23 pm »
Melia,

I have only been on this forum for a short while, but its posts like yours, for the good and the bad that are encouraging to all of us here, especially those who are fairly newly diagnosed. It tells us that our daily struggles and doubts are normal. Some days, I and I am sure others just want to give up and other days, there seem to be a world of possibilities.

So, thanks, and I hope that you and others continute to share.

Naftalim

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
Re: My decision: UPDATE - MORE BAD NEWS! :(
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2006, 03:29:24 pm »
Well, that's 2 definite knock backs.

The husband said no, not a chance, no way. Didn't even want to meet with me or anyone to discuss it.

So that's that.

Ehh CRAP!

Oh well...what else can I say but...NEXT!!!

Melia
(who is disappointed but not beaten...and is considering wearing a bell around her neck from tomorrow! ::) )
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)

Offline wellington

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2006, 05:34:36 pm »
Let them have their comfortable ignorance. you're the one that is truly alive!

Offline Iggy

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2006, 05:53:17 pm »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:34:15 pm by Iggy »

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
Re: My decision: UPDATE - GREAT NEWS! :)
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2006, 12:09:42 pm »
I HAVE MY FIRST STUDENTS!

For sure this time!

It's the English mother I mentioned earlier in the thread. She discussed it with her husband and he was fine about it. She came to tell me today. She wants me to start with them in a couple of weeks time. Their daughter is 7 and their son is 5. Both kids speak English but they can't read or write it. So I'll be teaching them together. It's only an hour a week to start...but at least it's a start...a foot in the door, so to speak!

Oh joy!!!

Melia :D

*edited to say:
PS: Forgot to say, I saw the other mother (who told me no) in the street again yesterday and gave her some information sheets about hiv in Greek. I'm carrying copies in my bag from now on, so I'm prepared...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 12:19:39 pm by sweetasmeli »
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)

Offline Teresa

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2006, 12:14:00 pm »
GREAT NEWS!!

So happy for you!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline bear60

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2006, 02:07:20 pm »
Good for you.  I really have the utmost repect for you. It must be really difficult trying to educate your clients and get work.  You are really quite brave. Keep your head up.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 04:12:29 pm by bear60 »
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2006, 03:42:25 pm »
Happy for you Mel! 

How cool is that, that you've turned into a full-fledged activist now?   ;D

Take care,
John

Offline wellington

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2006, 12:27:28 am »
I know it's tough to remain convicted at times, but it sure makes the world of difference when you can hold your head up and know that you did what thought was the best, not only for you, but those around you. You're really setting a great example there, to which any of your prospective students should be proud to aspire!

Much love.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2006, 12:56:26 am »
Hello Melia, it is Eldon.

Indeed this is good news!!! Keep your head up high, march forward and exercise your gift of teaching!!!

Have the BEST Day!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 12:59:01 am by Eldon »

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2006, 01:13:44 am »
Melia,

I am so happy for you!  Water on rock baby!  Keep a goin!  You are a beautiful teacher, the lives touched, the ripples you are making!!  I am so inspired!!  Thank you sweetness!

Love,
Drew

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2006, 03:01:23 am »
Thanks for all your kind thoughts here and in pms, guys and gals. Always appreciated.

For days now I have been starting to feel SO HEALTHY...in every sense of the world I mean! (well except for my cold, but who cares about a snotty nose...!)

- I FEEL GOOD nanananananana!!! -

Melia 8)
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
Re: My decision: UPDATE - MORE GREAT NEWS! :)
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2006, 01:28:29 pm »
I have another student!
I'm so pleased I can't even begin to put it into words...

Melia ;D
(who is beaming!)
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)

Offline David_CA

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2006, 01:55:57 pm »
You go!  It's going to happen for you... it's just taking a bit of time.  Congrats.

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2006, 02:44:54 pm »

Yay Melia!
:)

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Christine

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2006, 04:33:45 pm »
Congratulations!!! Happy dance here in PA for you...the dogs are joining in too!

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2006, 05:26:24 pm »
Hi Melia

It will only get better and better..you will have more students than you know what to do with... :D

I feel for the kids who will miss out because of their ignorant parents...but never say never, when word gets around they will come knocking, and the ball will be in your court.

Now you are on your way..it's good to see you so happy.

Hugs

Offline Basquo

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2006, 07:12:47 pm »
Congratulations!  What Jan said and more to you! Educate the hell out of 'em! :D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.