Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:42:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 363
Total: 363

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Swollen glands on neck  (Read 14399 times)

Offline lost

Swollen glands on neck
« on: July 15, 2006, 05:12:44 pm »
  hi...
  first ı must tell all about me bad eng...
              My story...
   I  had unprotect vaginal intercourse at 10 march 2006. with sexworker.I know ı am an  idiot  bu ı drunk...
              24 days later ı had test(4. generation assay),and 75 days later(elisa, 0,37) both of them came bak neg...
             ı am scaring ,beacuse after 35  days later ı  had sore throat with swollen glands,my dr. told me its viral enfection.I have swollen glands on my neck and tonsilits since three month...But not swollen like first mount now...
    My questions...
      1)İf ı aminfected why it didn't diagnosed?
      2)İs swollen glands 1 mounth after infection normally?I heard that if somebody  infected swollen glands  will be 2-3  years  later.İs this info. true or not?
     Pls explain what you know about  swollen glands on neck and sohre throat info...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Swollen glands on neck
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 05:23:40 pm »
You've got a bunch of ideas about HIV in what you have written and they are WRONG. So please listen up.

Swollen glands in your neck or elsewere are not an HIV-specific symptom. Swollen glands occur for many non-HIV-related causes.

You are now more than 13 weeks past your unprotected incident so you can test now and get a reliable result, which is what I recommend that you do.  HIV doesn't hide out and then show up years later. If you have HIV in your body it would show by now.

In your particular case there are several factors strongly in your favor against infection. First of all it was a single incident. It's much more difficult to transmit HIV from female to male. And it is not an easy virus to transmit. All of those factors lead me to expect you will test negative.

You do need to learn from this experience. Everytime you have unprotected intercourse you are putting your health and your life at risk. It's as simple and harsh as that. You can have all the sex you want and it doesn't matter with whom. Just make sure that you are wearing a condom everytime. It's also very dangerous to mix drinking too much with impulsive sex because it makes it easy to forget about practicing safer sex.

This time the odds are in your favor that you will come out ok. Get tested and collect what I expect will be a negative result.

Discuss your symptoms with your doctor to find out the real cause.

Good luck on your test.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline lost

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 05:40:22 pm »
  tanx  Andy...
            ı'LL retest ı know...
                         I hope will come back neg...
                             I am just afraid  from swollan glands on neck
  tanx for all...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 08:17:32 pm »
Fortunately feelings aren't facts so although you may have scary ideas I do expect you will test negtive.

Good luck with your test. And make sure to speak with your doctor about those swollen glands.
Andy Velez

Offline lost

newt
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 03:51:59 pm »
hi newt,,,
   I wonder smothing about combo?
    İf you answer ı will be happy...
    I had 14,19,23,40,57 combos results after last exposure.all of them came neg.Are them reliable results?I reading your posts.You had same test when you diagnosed...
    İf you answer ıWiLL be happy
  Tanx!(moderators don't blocke please...)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: newt
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 03:58:27 pm »
I don't understand what you are referring to when you write about "combos." Please clarify.

Also, what was your risk? I haven't checked to see if you have previous threads and can't help wondering why you are thinking we would be blocking your entries?

Like I said, please clarify. Make it in simple, declarative sentences please. 
Andy Velez

Offline lost

Re: newt
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 04:07:23 pm »
   You answered before Andy You told me retest...I have no courage.So ı am asking my old tests results.Combo(P24 antigen+antibodies combined test)
      I think it's 4.th generations...
    I am scaring,sorry for taking your valuable time...I wondering 4.th tests ,because some Dr. says its very reliable whenyou did at 2-5 weeks after last exposure...
   I had last test 81 days after exposure(elisa)
     Sorry about my english,I  saw newt's posts ,he had 4. generation test when he diagnosed.And ı am just wonder what he knows about it sorry...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 05:18:09 pm »
Lost,

I've merged your new thread into your oringinal thread - where you should post all your addtional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines.

Your 75 day test is not likely to change. Go get your conclusive negative result and be done with it.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline lost

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 03:56:02 am »
 Hi  All
    I will go to lab. today,and i'LL retest...My last test had done 82 days after my risk..İt came neg.So I have swoolen limph nodes on my neck.I am reaaally scaring...My Question===>
   İf my HIV test can be came neg....İs there any STI can be cause to swollen limph on neck?Because my Limphs were swollen a mounth after my risk...They still aswollen,ı am at 6 mounth now...
  Tanx...

Offline lost

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 04:34:04 am »
  I went to lab.They will call me 5 hours later.I am scaring...GOD HELP ME!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 05:59:01 am »
Lost,

Your 82 day negative result is not going to change. You will have another negative result today and you will not need further testing. Your current test is way outside the window period and will be conclusive.

We cannot tell you what is going on with your lymph nodes. Keep your hands off them, because that will make them swell and keep them swollen. If they continue to bother you even after you stop touching them all the time, go to a doctor.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline lost

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 09:48:41 am »
  Hi I took my result...
                                    Result         INDEX          <0.27  neg.
    HIV I-HIV II                NEG                               >0.57 poz.
                                                                            0.27-0.569===>limit

İt came neg.I am at 155 days after risk...Specially tanx to  Ann,Andy Velez,Morgan,Jinklat,raproid...
              I will begin to my life again...
    Tanx...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 01:20:04 pm by JimDublin »

Offline lost

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 07:28:15 am »
Hi... I have last question about my result.
    My last test was 21 weeks after my unprotected intercourse...So it came neg. but there was nothing about my level of antibody ,just written NEGATİVE...I asked  to them they said me  its ELİSA...Am I retest again another  lab. or is it enough?
    Can anybosy explan differences  of antibodys level and just written NEg.?
    Thanx...İt last qıestion:)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2006, 08:11:52 am »
Lost,

You are absolutely conclusively negative. You do not need further testing. If there were no levels of antibodies reported on your test, it is because there were no antibodies present. You can't measure the level of something that isn't there.

You are hiv negative. Please move on with your life and remember to always use condoms for intercourse. Do that and you will continue to avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline lost

9 mounths after POZ.
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 06:28:24 am »
  Hi i had last neg. result at 5.5 mounts.I know somebody here he had 8. mounths elisa(unknown result)1  mounth after  elisa poz...
    How it can be possible=?
       Iam scaring again.Am i retest?
  Tanx...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 06:46:37 am »
lost,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. This isn't the first time I've had to merge your threads - get with the program.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Your question makes no sense. However, you have tested negative at 5.5 months. You are conclusively negative and do not need further testing over this incident.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline lost

End of begining
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 10:00:24 am »
        Hi all...
   Sorry ı must tell ı didn't find my original thread.So its my new topic...
           Ann and others may be remember me,I had unprotected intercourse with a sex worrker was 11 march 2006...
       My tests story:
         After risk....
                 14.,19.,25.,40.,56.,days Fourth generations assays(antibody+p24 antigen combined),and uncountable of elisas in 3 mounths.My last test had made end of 5 mounths.All of them were neg...
                My neck lumbs still swollen since a year.I went to lab. this morning for checking Hepatits,and HIV.I will take my results tomorrow.One year long time,I 'm scaring I hope it will finish tomorrow...
           (Sorry for my inglish)See soon

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: End of begining
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 10:02:39 am »
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=1882.msg20302#msg20302

Your original post.

You are negative by the way.  CONCLUSIVELY negative.

LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 10:25:48 am »
Lost, I've merged your previous threads into this one. Please keep all your comments and questions here.

You are worrying needlessly about HIV. Hopefully your next negative test result will convince you of that.

Simply because you are still having symptoms including swollen nodes doesn't mean it's about HIV. You need to be talking with your doctor(s) to find out the real cause of your symptoms.

Good luck with that.

Andy Velez

Offline lost

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 10:42:30 am »
     Thanks andy...
         I prefer limph nodes Cancer to HIV ...
                        take care

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 11:11:24 am »
Swollen lymph nodes happen for all sorts of reasons and often for reasons which have nothing to do with either HIV or cancer.

You need to be discussing the matter with your doctor(s).

Good luck with getting it addressed successfully.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.