Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:33:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 580
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 488
Total: 488

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: do i need to tell people  (Read 17028 times)

Offline Nestor

• What we love, we shall grow to resemble.
Re: do i need to tell people
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2010, 07:15:33 pm »

i thought this post was about me. i dont understand this legal stuff.
but i know that i will be telling anybody that i meet before we hook up. i dont wanna go to jail because i fucked some chick.
thankyou for all the advise.

gino

That's probably the best decision.  It's really tough, I know.  It sure does take some of the carefree spontaneity out of casual sex, but it doesn't mean the end of sex. 
Summer 2004--became HIV+
Dec. 2005--found out

Date          CD4    %       VL
Jan. '06    725    25      9,097
Nov. '06    671    34     52,202
Apr. '07    553    30      24,270
Sept. '07  685    27       4,849
Jan. '08    825    29       4,749
Mar. '08    751    30     16,026
Aug. '08    653    30       3,108
Oct. '08     819    28     10,046
Jan '09      547    31     13,000
May '09     645   25        6,478
Aug. '09    688   30      19,571
Nov. '09     641    27       9,598
Feb. '10     638    27       4,480
May '10      687      9    799,000 (CMV)
July '10      600     21      31,000
Nov '10      682     24     15,000
June '11     563    23     210,000 (blasto)
July  '11      530    22      39,000
Aug '11      677     22      21,000
Sept. '12    747     15      14,000

Granny60

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2010, 08:47:35 pm »
And the underlying disorder is the same, isn't it?  A kind of hysteria about sex in general? 

Kind of wanting to force celebacy as long as they don't have to act like a priest themselves?

That's probably the best decision.  It's really tough, I know.  It sure does take some of the carefree spontaneity out of casual sex, but it doesn't mean the end of sex. 

Nestor is right. We do have some pozi friends who do  seem to have a ravenous sex life. ( discordant too).
Wrap it, tap it and enjoy!

Offline debsd222

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2010, 09:14:08 pm »
Pretty sure the non-disclosure is the criminal aspect.  Using a condom or not doesn't seem to matter.  I know when I was given the list of my new reduced civil liberties I had to sign that I was never allowed to have sex without condoms again and that I must disclose my new status to any future sexual partners.  This was before a western blot confirmation fyi.

Hellraiser...when and where did you have to sign that? I was never given anything like that- live in California.
April 08 3 month bout w/ shingles, ongoing nerve pain
Dec 08 pos  cd4 200 %8  VL 18,000
Feb 09 started sustiva, truvada -allergic to sustiva, hospital 4 days.
March 09 started truvada, reyataz and norvir
March 09  cd4 279  % 12 VL 10,000
April 09 cd4 327  %12  VL 300
Aug 09 cd4 392  %16  Vl undetectable
Dec 09 hospital pneumonia 6 days
Dec 09 cd4 462  %20  VL undetectable
Mar 10 cd4 629 27% VL undetectable
July 9, 2010 cd4 505  21% VL undetectable
Oct 2010 cd4 689  22%  VL 64
Nov 2010  cd4689  22%  VL  UD
May 2013 cd4 759. 29%. VL. UD

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2010, 10:02:46 pm »
when and where did you have to sign that? I was never given anything like that- live in California.
all states have name-based reporting requirements. This means the state health dpt is informed of your name as a person having infectious HIV. this data is used to help determine state budgets and federal dollars to be allocated for health care.

In quite a few states, the health dpt will contact you for either a meeting at your home or in their office at which time they give you information about the disease (you have tested positive for a terminal, infectious disease, you will need medical tracking and treatment, you will need to practice safer sex to reduce the spread of this disease, etc), and usually will also inform you of any state law that you would need to know about (ie disclosure of status to sex partners). Of course, there is usually a document that needs your signature to validate that a state health dpt representative spoke to you about the health issues and legal issues that could impact you now that you are HIV positive. This document shows that you have been notified and documents the job of a state worker.

It's all part of America's HIV epidemic preventation, along with determination of budget allocations.

CDC’S HIV/AIDS surveillance system is the nation’s source for timely information used to track the epidemic. CDC funds and assists state and local health departments to collect the information. Health departments report their data to CDC so that information from around the country can be analyzed to determine who is being affected and why.
(http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/index.htm)

more information from the cdc is here http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/reporting.
a previous discussion about this issue is here http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=32109.0 ("Required interview with state health department")
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.