Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate.
Abril 27, 2024, 07:07:35 am

Ingresar con nombre de usuario, contraseña y duración de la sesión

Usuarios
  • Total de Usuarios: 37654
  • Latest: Horse777
Stats
  • Total de Mensajes: 773295
  • Total de Temas: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (Junio 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Usuarios en Línea
Users: 2
Guests: 603
Total: 605

Bienvenido

Bienvenido a los Foros Comunitarios de POZ, un área de discusión contínua para personas con VIH/SIDA, sus amigos/familiares/personas que los cuidan, y otros a quienes les interese el tema del VIH/SIDA. Haz clic en los enlaces que siguen para visitar nuestros foros, o participa de la conversación al inscribirte en el sector izquierdo de esta página.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here(Members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí(Sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Advertencia sobre la privacidad: Ten en cuenta que estos foros están abiertos para todos y que se los puede encontrar haciendo búsquedas en Google u otros buscadores. Si eres VIH positivo y lo revelas en nuestros foros, es lo mismo que decírselo al mundo entero (o al menos al mundo entero en Internet). Si esto te preocupa, no uses un nombre de usuario o una imagen gráfica que pueda identificarte de alguna manera. No autorizamos borrar nada de los que escribas en los foros, por lo tanto piensa antes de hacerlo.

• La información que los moderadores y miembros comparten en estos foros, está diseñada para complementar, y no para reemplazar la relación entre un individuo y su médico de cabecera.

• Todos los miembros de estos foros, en consecuencia, no son considerados proveedores médicos con licencia. De lo contrario, los usuarios deben identificarse a sí mismos como tales.

• Los miembros de los foros siempre deben comportarse con respeto y honestidad. La publicación de guías, incluyendo políticas de suspensiones y prohibiciones han sido establecidas por los moderadores de estos foros. Haga clic aquí para las guías de publicación de “¿Estoy infectado?” Haga clic aquí para leer las guías de publicación relacionadas con todos los otros foros comunitarios de POZ.

• Solicitamos a todos los miembros de los foros que proporcionen referencias sobre la información relacionada con la salud/médica/científica que brinden, cuando no se trate de una experiencia personal que estén compartiendo. Por favor proporcionen enlaces con direcciones de Internet completas o citas completas de trabajos publicados que no estén disponibles en Internet. Además, todos los miembros de los foros deben publicar información que sea verdadera y correcta de acuerdo con su conocimiento.

• Los anuncios de productos – incluyendo enlaces, banderas, contenido editorial y estudios clínicos, estudios o participación en encuestas – está estrictamente prohibido por los miembros de los foros a menos que POZ haya asegurado el permiso.

¿Has terminado de leer esta parte? Puedes cerrar esta o cualquier otra ventana en esta página haciendo click en el símbolo de cada ventana.

Autor Tema: Truvada & Viramune Study Newbie 2 Meds  (Leído 29657 veces)

Desconectado David Evans

• Standard
Re: Truvada & Viramune Study Newbie 2 Meds
« Respuesta #50 en: Octubre 29, 2008, 01:36:59 pm »
Dear DS -

I agree with Iggy that it's very good for you to see your doctor about the rash. We have a lot of information about rash with twice daily Viramune, a little bit of information about rash with once daily Viramune (using the standard 200mg pills), but no information (yet) about the extended release tablets--which is why they're studying it. Because using the older pills once daily results in higher blood levels of the drug, it is not surprising that they found that it was more likely to cause rash than a twice a day schedule. Logically, you'd assume that the extended release formulation would not result in higher blood levels and so shouldn't have more rash than twice-a-day, but we won't know for sure until the clinical trial results are reported.

The basic problem is that some of us have an allergic reaction to Viramune. In most cases, this shows up within a couple of weeks after starting the drug, and typically resolves within about three weeks. From the dates on your posts it sounds like it's been almost three weeks for you and that you are still having significant rash despite being on a pretty heavy duty drug like prednisone? >:(

We're not doctors and can't give out medical advice, but I would certainly make sure that you keep your doctor(s) apprised of what's going on with your rash and also make sure that they are monitoring your liver enzyme levels. There are a small percentage of people that simply can't tolerate Viramune and have to stop taking it. If you and your doctor make the decision together for you to stay on your regimen, there are some simple guidelines that can make the rash easier to tolerate until it goes away. These include:
-Take warm showers or baths, not hot ones - this can inflame the skin and the rash
-Instead, take warm baths with oatmeal
-Try to use a very gentle detergent to wash your skin, like non-scented baby soap or shampoo and don't use any kind of exfoliating scrubbers
-Use a hypoallergenic lotion to keep your skin hydrated (dryness and flaking can increase itchiness)
-Wear loose cotton clothing and stay away from tight artificial fibers

Keep us posted about how it's going.

Sincerely,
David :-*

Desconectado ds4146

Re: Truvada & Viramune Study Newbie 2 Meds
« Respuesta #51 en: Octubre 29, 2008, 09:14:18 pm »
First of all, thank you Iggy and David for posting! Decided I had to walk away first and come back to reply as it felt so good to hear that, or read, that someone was out there. Okay enough of that and hopefully the point was made. It has been a long day, up since 4 when I posted to Iggy's response and traveling for work.

Did not get to talk to my Doctor today, I was not in town and he was not available to talk to and I being me did not want to make it seem like an emergency and said I would call back. At any rate I will try again tomorrow as I am closer.

I am feeling kind of stupid at this point because I am in the "blind study" and so I really don't know if I am getting the full dosage of viramune in the am or the pm or a split dosage to meet the mark. I "signed" up for this study after two years of being HIV positive and then falling to a CD of 74 because I wanted to do something, anything to help someone, somewhere down the road. With that said I so badly to not want to quit and feel that maybe with just a little more time all will clear up and I need to quit whining. Things could be worse. I stocked up on Charmin, still sitting there, LOL!

And yes Iggy, your post was inspirational and will get me through! In answer to your question about my %; 19.8. One concern, and I am watching it is the Alk Phos +d100 and the GST +d58, which I had to research what the +d meant, I am slow, and both my doctors brushed it off but means sufficient change but not out of range.

Okay, information overload! But thank you both again for your response and hope you well!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.