Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:44:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773218
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 586
Total: 588

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: He is getting on my nerves...  (Read 6702 times)

Offline idee

• Hi...
He is getting on my nerves...
« on: July 16, 2013, 01:35:52 pm »
My husband is going through something where he is trying to feel better, after the home invasion, but his stomach is in knots and he is being a complete butt. I mean his need to try and start an argument with me is ridiculous. He tried this morning and I did not give in. Yet he still snapped at me and walked away. He is trying to take the easy route by trying to get me to respond and he can point a finger. 
I know this because he tries to tell me to ask the psychiatrist if this means something. And usually I spend my 15 minutes asking about my husband's problems.
I refuse to be take on his problems. So I am going to call my psychiatrist and make him work it out without leaving me messed up in the head. I need to be sane for my 15 year old first. Not crazy for him.
I was recently taken off of my Zoloft and I feel good. I am not going backwards.
Plus I know the psychiatrist will tell my husband to see a therapist. And if he sees my therapist he will most likely be in better shape.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
Re: He is getting on my nerves...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 03:31:30 pm »
The last time I checked, this was a forum, not a Twitter service.  I'd like the forum to return to actual discussions, rather than random posts by you, about whatever crosses your mind that day.  I believe you are violating the "spirit" of this forum, by incessantly posting such nonsense.  The least you could do is to keep your random thoughts in one thread.

Joe

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 05:17:27 pm »
The last time I checked, this was a forum, not a Twitter service.  I'd like the forum to return to actual discussions, rather than random posts by you, about whatever crosses your mind that day.  I believe you are violating the "spirit" of this forum, by incessantly posting such nonsense.  The least you could do is to keep your random thoughts in one thread.

Joe

Joe, while I get where you're coming from, did you have to be so harsh? If you don't want to read Idee's threads, don't click on them. Your post was a bigger violation of the spirit of these forums than Idee's was, that's for certain.

Idee, I'm moving this thread from the OT forum into the Mental Health forum, as it concerns how you're spending your time with your therapist.

Your husband needs to have his own therapy sessions instead of trying to get counselling via proxy through you. Your therapy sessions should be for discussing your issues, not your husband's.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 08:08:24 pm »
I agree that it seems like a conflict to have the same therapist.  Well, you obviously need the same therapist in marriage counseling. 

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 09:16:31 pm »

Joe

I have seen some things in here that look like they don't belong here. I'm not sorry your personality is such crap.
And this is not just what crosses my mind everyday. It is what happens in my life. I type on here to get opinions from intelligent people who have what I have, HIV.
I can not explain why my husband cannot work to people without disclosing his personal information.
Here I don't have to disclose it or explain why we see therapists to deal with things.
I am also on another site for moms. In it the HIV site is dead. No one wants to post or reply.
So I come on here.
If you wanted to sound like a jerk then congrads.
Anyways no wonder why you're trolling the mental health forum.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 09:32:01 pm by idee »

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 09:17:13 pm »
I agree that it seems like a conflict to have the same therapist.  Well, you obviously need the same therapist in marriage counseling.

We are going to see her together.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 12:12:15 am »
I was curious about something.  Do you have both a psychiatrist and a therapist?  I ask, because you mentioned using up your 15 minutes on your husband.  I know most have very short sessions with psychiatrists.  They are now more for discussing meds and writing scripts. 

You didn't mean you only have 15 mins with your therapist, did you?  I was thinking 15 mins go by with mine, just saying hello and making small talk, before getting into issues.  I have hour sessions.  I assume you do as well, but was just curious. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 04:39:24 am »
I have seen some things in here that look like they don't belong here. I'm not sorry your personality is such crap.
And this is not just what crosses my mind everyday. It is what happens in my life. I type on here to get opinions from intelligent people who have what I have, HIV.
I can not explain why my husband cannot work to people without disclosing his personal information.
Here I don't have to disclose it or explain why we see therapists to deal with things.
I am also on another site for moms. In it the HIV site is dead. No one wants to post or reply.
So I come on here.
If you wanted to sound like a jerk then congrads.
Anyways no wonder why you're trolling the mental health forum.

Idee,

For a start, I already had words with Joe. It's not your place to take moderation of these forums into your own hands once a moderator has dealt with the issue (or any time for that matter - that's what the report to moderator button is for). If you weren't happy with how I dealt with it, you should have contacted me via PM, not addressed Joe yourself.

Second, we do not permit name-calling or personal attacks in these forums - and your use of the word "jerk" falls into that category, as does you trying to insult him by saying "I'm not sorry your personality is such crap." and "Anyways no wonder why you're trolling the mental health forum." Your thread wasn't even IN the Mental Health forum when he replied to you.

This is your first official warning. DO NOT resort to personal attacks or name-calling here again.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 04:42:19 am by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 10:22:06 am »
Idee,

I wish to apologize for my insensitive remarks and I hope you will accept my heartfelt apology.

Joe

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.