Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 27, 2024, 12:57:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772928
  • Total Topics: 66309
  • Online Today: 152
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 114
Total: 115

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My first disclosure is imminent  (Read 14435 times)

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
My first disclosure is imminent
« on: November 18, 2010, 05:09:28 pm »
So I have been casually dating a guy for a few weeks now. We met a few years ago when he played in the same sports league as my then boyfriend. We have stayed in contact and most recently we have been going out to dinner and getting to know one another better. My problem is that I've never had to disclose my status to anyone I was interested in dating before. I know that sooner is better, but because we knew eachother from before we haven't had the usual tell all, get to know eachother conversations like you would have when meeting someone new.

Part of me doesn't want to disclose. I haven't dated anyone since my diagnosis. I'm not sure if I would even want to date someone who wasn't poz. I don't think I've been with this long enough to answer all of these questions.

He is obviously in my same social network and I have not disclosed to any of those friends. So my fear is I will be exposed to everyone, and while that's not a bad thing, I guess I want to be in control and tell people when I feel the time is right. I don't know honestly whether to just draw the line as friends or am I just having the normal jitters about disclosing to someone for the first time? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. How did everyone else deal with their first disclosure? Did you hold off on disclosing and feel like it was a mistake and you missed out? Does it get easier over time like you develop a thicker skin or grow into greater self-acceptance?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 05:16:13 pm by numbersguy82 »
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Strive for “One Day When” by collecting “One Day Wins”

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: My first disclosure is imminent
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 05:21:48 pm »
Tell him. If you're wanting any meaningful future with this person you should tell him. Particularly if you're gonna let him chuck one up you.

Also, you risk offending the AIDSmeds Disclosure Taliban if you don't. :)

MtD

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 05:35:17 pm »
Tell him. If you're wanting any meaningful future with this person you should tell him. Particularly if you're gonna let him chuck one up you.

Also, you risk offending the AIDSmeds Disclosure Taliban if you don't. :)

MtD

Thanks Matty... Oh i don't want you to misunderstand I would NEVER have sex with someone unless they were fully aware of my status. I guess I was just wondering if these are normal emotions I'm having, or is it too soon and I should just declare it a friendship instead?

PS- meaningful future... I don't think that exists in my gay community lol

PSS- I don't even want to know what chucking one up on someone is!
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 06:43:20 pm »
Hey Numbers,

My only advise is to go with your 'gut' feeling as to when to have the talk with your buddy. 

I understand completely how you feel about the possibility of your entire network of friends finding out once you disclose to an individual among the group.  Thats a hard one but again, I think you will know when and how to disclose this to him when the time comes.  I also think that as humans, the desire to love and be loved is resident in us.  Are your feelings for this guy more than platonic?  I would hope that you dont shut the door on opportunity if indeed you want to be more than just friends with him.

Personally, I have reached a comfort level with my diagnosis and while I do not broadcast it to all my friends, I would never conceal it from a potential romantic interest.  Its personal and yes, it is normal to feel the way you do.  You sound like a decent guy and you deserve a decent guy in your life.  Best of luck with this and please keep us posted. 

Offline wtfimpoz

• Let's make biscuits!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 06:50:37 pm »
I don't know of any recommendations but wish you the best of luck.   On another note, you said you haven't disclosed to "anyone"?  That's a heavy cross to carry alone.  Have you thought about a support group, or do you know any other poz guys you can share it with? 
09/01/2009-neg
mid april, 2010, "flu like illness".
06/01/2010-weakly reactive ELISA, indeterminant WB
06/06/2010-reactive ELISA, confirmed positive.

DATE       CD4     %     VL
07/15/10  423     33    88k
08/28/10  489     19    189k
09/06/10-Started ATRIPLA
09/15/10  420     38    1400
11/21/10  517     25    51

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 06:58:17 pm »
Thanks Matty... Oh i don't want you to misunderstand I would NEVER have sex with someone unless they were fully aware of my status. I guess I was just wondering if these are normal emotions I'm having, or is it too soon and I should just declare it a friendship instead?

PS- meaningful future... I don't think that exists in my gay community lol

PSS- I don't even want to know what chucking one up on someone is!

I'm not sure Matty meant having sex with someone and not disclosing??  Maybe not??  I kinda read it as there are some who think you should disclose within the first date or two.  And, I'm not saying anything is wrong with that or they aren't right.  The sooner the better is probably best, but I'm not in your shoes and haven't had to do that.  There is a lot at risk if you don't want your status broadcast to your entire social circle.  But, I suppose that is what we have to deal with if we want to date.  We'll have to trust people to not go blabbing.  If you feel you both are getting serious and this is leading towards the sack, then you should probably go ahead and get it over with. 

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 07:02:49 pm »
Hey, also be lucky "dating" is a concept American guys understand.  Nice to have that breathing time before...
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 07:30:43 pm »
There is a lot at risk if you don't want your status broadcast to your entire social circle.  But, I suppose that is what we have to deal with if we want to date. 

Someone will blab, if not now the next time.  If you aren't ready to deal with that possibility then you should stick to the bushes.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 07:57:57 pm »
Wow, that's tough Numbers.

My thought for what it's worth, is since you have been casually dating for "weeks" now yall probably are starting to have feelings for each other, when I start feeling those "feelings" I know it's time to disclose...same social circle or not. It's not fair to him if he is already getting wrapped up in you.  ;)

But what do I know, I havent had a date in ages.

keep us updated on how it goes

-Wumpy

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Lucky2behere

• Kick'n a bugs butt
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 11:14:15 pm »
First, I'm really happy that you are dating. That in itself is inspiring. For me, it would be great to just have a friend to go out and do things with. I"m with Miss Philicia on this. People blab! And they love to blab.

Someone will blab, if not now the next time.  If you aren't ready to deal with that possibility then you should stick to the bushes.

But on the other hand, if you can deal with it, you might meet someone who really cares about you because they already know what they are getting. I had a Lesbian out me to every person she knew. But then I got approached by a bunch of guys, so some good can come out of it.

But if it were me, I'd have to ask myself "Do I trust this guy 100%." "If we split is he then going to blab?" "And really am I ready for everybody to know?" 

If you aren't really sure, I'd wait. And if he really cares, he'll keep hanging around. Whatever you decide, you know you are loved.

March 2010 tested HIV Pos
probably infected 2.5 years
Sept.  2010 CD4 520 %24 vl 18,000
Nov.   2010 CD4 560    ?   vl  1,400
Dec. 5 2010 Started Truvada Isentress
Jan.  5 2011 CD4 380   ?    vl      63

Granny60

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 11:50:50 pm »
You have to ask yourself  and answer all these questions to decide. Everyone is different and not all the people you disclose to will react the same.

!. How far do you see things going with this guy and does he feel the same about you?  How do you know, or is it a hunch? Is he the kind of person that ranks your feelings important? Important enough to keep your health info private?

2. How will you feel if other people know your status if he is a gossip? Will it affect your relationship with others that find out or your job security? Will it affect your relationship if he tells?

3. Do you live in an area where there are a lot of "out" people  so there won't be any shock value?

4. If things go south with this relationship, is he a vengeful type person that will spread the word to get even... and can you get along with that o.k.?

It is great that you are having a good relationship! People take the news differently. 4 people we told cried. a few didn't seem to be too bothered. Everyone we have told has respected our privacy;  but again that list is not very many people, and we have asked them to keep  this info private.  1person says it is a lie and refuses to believe it.  There is one person I would not tell to save my soul, because he would probably  take off work and use up all his minutes just to spread the gossip.  Clearly you don't have the "gay" phobia against you, so that is a plus.  You might start out asking him if he knows anybody that has HIV  or if he has heard any of the news about possible breakthroughs  that may cure HIV and see how he reacts and go from there. Best of luck to you buddy. If he turns all girly squirrely on you, he may not have been right anyway.  On the other hand, some people  freak at first, then come right back  as compassionate friends once they had a little bit of time to digest that you are still a great and normal person.  Good luck buddy, and don't let it stress you.  ;) It is kind of like driving. You eventually learn when to signal  and where to turn. Be well!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 06:42:06 am »
For all you know, he might be poz too. You're not the only person in the world who hasn't told many or any. Good luck!
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 09:03:45 am »
True dat -- in Fort Lauderdale/Broward Co. you've got a 1-in-130 chance of landing a fellow pozzie (and that's from statistics that are six years old... must be even more fun by now)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 09:18:05 am »
True dat -- in Fort Lauderdale/Broward Co. you've got a 1-in-130 chance of landing a fellow pozzie (and that's from statistics that are six years old... must be even more fun by now)

Yups, something that I read last year had a much higher number (not in the mood to go websearching right now).  From what I recall it said something to the effect that (in the Miami Metro area --which includes Fag Lawdergayle) something like 13% or 14% of men who have sex with other fellas were poz.  I'm almost sure that those were the figures (unless my AIDS dementia is affecting my ability to recall data).  If I find that article I will provide the link.

Numbersboo, if things start getting more serious with this guy you will be better off disclosing.  Staying quiet and simply ending the relationship wouldn't be wise in my book.  As it is the dating scene in this lovely PNP town is virtually non-existent.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2010, 10:18:03 am »
When I met my partner we hit it off right away.  The connection was pretty intense and immediate.  One of the things that attracted me to him was his honesty.  In our first meeting he just blurted out that he was HIV+ like he was telling me the time.  His honesty only made me more attracted to him.

After having dated so many men where lying is a lifestyle,  that kind of honesty was so refreshing,  and endearing. 

We've been together for almost 6 years now.

Best of luck on making the right decision for you.   
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

Offline Lucky2behere

• Kick'n a bugs butt
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 11:09:48 am »
I still havn't told anybody and it kinda pisses me off that at the hospital they have all my info on the computer so every person that pulls my info knows.

That said, Back when I had a social network, I fell out of "The Scene" for 2-3 years when I quit drinking. When I showed back up a few years later, I cannot tell you how many people came up to me and hugged me and said: "We thought you were dead." Assuming I had gotten AIDS and died. That said, I do believe gay people in the right social network can and will be very supportive of you if they ever knew you and cared about you anyway.

The rest has already been said. Now, I don't live where there are very supportive people. I live around alot of homophobes and haters. Brevard County is sounding great right now.

Sorry I'm double-dipping here but there is always 2 sides to a coin. I'm happy you have some love in your life. That's awesome.

Offline findingaway

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 02:37:48 pm »
Well man, I can tell you from recent experience it is hard. My feeling was and still is, we don't need to have a billboard across our head that says "I have HIV, be warned". Its fine to date someone and not say right off the bat (as long as you are not putting the other person at risk). How I thought of it was I wanted to let the person get to know me, who I am and not let someone define me by a disease. Than when YOU are comfortable, tell them. If they are the person that you think they are, they will not jump to any conclusions. I dated a guy for 4 weeks and finally told him straight up that I liked him but he needed to know something about me. He actually said "alright than I guess we will be careful huh". Granted we are not together anymore, but not because of HIV.
As for blabbing around town, give some people credit where credit is due, if you have dated this guy for a couple weeks and you think that he is a good person, he will probably respect your privacy. Now if he is an asshole, why are you dating him??
PS, I am currently going through starting to date someone again and we haven't had the talk yet either. It is nerve racking but when the time comes, it just comes. You will be good!

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, 05:13:24 pm »
If your income, physical security, or social support is not going to be damaged by your status revealed by a potential blabber.... Potential. (Maybe he is a good chap and even if he can't get into an HIV+ guy he might just keep it to himself.)
I'd disclose and let the chips fall where they may.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2010, 09:44:09 pm »
Thanks everyone for taking the time to share your wonderful insight and kind thoughts. I think after reading what everyone has had to say, I am quite confident that I'm not totally comfortable at this moment in having my HIV status well known in my circle of friends. That and like usual I'm going to hide myself in my work and use that as an excuse to pull away from a potential relationship. A new position at work will undoubtedly keep me well occupied until spring learning all of the new ropes. Maybe then my feelings will have changed, but until then I guess I have all of you guys :p

Thanks again ... really from the bottom of my heart!

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, 10:09:48 pm »
Thanks everyone for taking the time to share your wonderful insight and kind thoughts. I think after reading what everyone has had to say, I am quite confident that I'm not totally comfortable at this moment in having my HIV status well known in my circle of friends. That and like usual I'm going to hide myself in my work and use that as an excuse to pull away from a potential relationship. A new position at work will undoubtedly keep me well occupied until spring learning all of the new ropes. Maybe then my feelings will have changed, but until then I guess I have all of you guys :p

So does this mean you are through running around and you are coming back to me?

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2010, 10:22:25 pm »
So does this mean you are through running around and you are coming back to me?

-Will

Awwww Big Daddy you know how I feel about you ;)

Offline Lucky2behere

• Kick'n a bugs butt
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2010, 10:25:06 pm »
guys love the boys more if you play hard to get anyway.  :-*

Granny60

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2010, 10:27:09 pm »
If it is meant to be, he'll still be around come spring. No reason why you can't go out and have a little conversation and a fine meal once in a while. Good luck buddy! ;)

Offline lost_boy

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2010, 04:00:39 pm »
Numbersguy, I know how you feel. I was diagnosed about a year ago, and around that same time, a guy from my work, who I always liked, started to express an interest in me. There's always been a bit of a spark there, but I've really had to hold him at arm's length a bit, because I'm still not comfortable disclosing, let alone to someone from my workplace. So I think he's a bit mystified as to why I've backed off for no good reason, but at the same time we're still friends. Hopefully you can resolve it in your head, but I do think you need time to adjust. It's taken me about a year to get back on an even keel really, so give yourself that space. I'm ready to start looking for a boyfriend again.

In fact now I think about it, it's just gone a year since I was diagnosed! Wow, time flies when you're having fun ... ;)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2010, 04:58:33 pm »
Numbers, I'm glad you're taking your time.

Maybe as Granny suggested you can continue to see  each other from time to time. If at some point he indicates wanting to get sexual, you can always say you're interested but not ready to "get serious" yet.

Just go at the pace that is right for you.

Cheers.

Andy Velez

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 11:24:15 am »

Should I fly down and fist you then?

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2010, 12:47:33 pm »
Should I fly down and fist you then?

Numbersguy you better jump at this opportunity, he doesn't offer to fist just anyone.

Offline elf

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2010, 04:58:44 pm »
Trust No One
(Dana Scully)

:)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2010, 05:16:12 pm »
Numbersguy you better jump at this opportunity, he doesn't offer to fist just anyone.

I'll wear leather and everything... like the Ramrod home service

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2010, 05:23:58 pm »
I will buy a ticket for front row center , should I bring plastic or a raincoat like people do for a Gallagher performance ?
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2010, 05:50:04 pm »
I will buy a ticket for front row center , should I bring plastic or a raincoat like people do for a Gallagher performance ?

That's not necessary I have plenty of blue tarps for just such an occasion ;)

Offline ElZorro

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2010, 06:16:53 pm »

Sounds like another AMG fundraising opportunity has been found...Will?

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2010, 06:52:59 pm »

Hey if it helped some of my fellow peeps get to SEA then why not!

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2010, 11:12:53 pm »

Ah, you're a n00b... you've not seen my leather picture!

Offline ElZorro

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2010, 02:32:05 am »

So, Miss P is quite the hottie. Have fun, Numbers!  :P

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 09:54:27 am »

I'm on it!

-WIll
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2010, 09:57:03 am »

P is that REALLY you? Such great bedroom eyes....I had you pictured so much differently (and that's not a good thing)

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2010, 03:16:21 pm »
I've posted that one previously... not sure how you missed it.  And exactly how DID you picture me??? :'(

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2010, 04:14:03 pm »
I've posted that one previously... not sure how you missed it.  And exactly how DID you picture me??? :'(

Yes you have, so glad you did again,  my other one has become shall we say somewhat used and tattered..... :)
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2010, 05:23:34 pm »
o.0     0.o     o.0    0.o

Hmmmmm Miss P is that really you? Just this AM in the shower I was wondering what you looked like... not in that way but I do my best thinking in the shower. You actually remind me of a friend of mine. Might I add you are the most well manicured leatherette I've seen :)

Altho I still have doubts about this being your true ID... I mean I'm with Will, I pictured you so differently!!!

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2010, 02:49:47 am »
Maybe it's the beard but that picture reminds me of a thinner more attractive (leatherclad) David Cross.

Offline elf

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2010, 09:47:40 am »
I've posted that one previously... not sure how you missed it.  And exactly how DID you picture me??? :'(
I already liked you anyway, with a photo or without. Your posts are always interesting and helpful, although with a touch of irony sometimes.  :-*

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2010, 09:58:35 am »
with a touch of irony sometimes.  :-*

That's ironic in itself! ;D

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2010, 01:20:11 am »
So just an update. My crush came over for Thanksgiving dinner which was awesome. Well this weekend has been the playoffs for his team so I went out this evening to watch his game. We hung out before the game and he mentioned that he hoped the concession stand was still open when his game was done because he could go for a beer.

Ok so as I sat in the stands I was beside an annoying Twinky couple. Well low and behold they were all about my guy. Tallking about how hot he was and cheeering him on. OK so no problem so what if he has a few fans. No biggie...

Then the last inning came and I prepared to head to the concession stand to buy him a beer. Then I hear from the annoying twink beside me "Should I buy him a beer you know he will want one, he's so hot he deserves a beer". Hmmmmm curious I'm thinking now but it couldn't possibly be the same person we are talking about.

Ironically I am behind him in line... the view was not any better from back there I assure you. As I buy my beer I decide to sit further down in a now empty seat.  Second beer beside me. The last play happens and its over. Now I see my guy walking.... and he's walking right up to the twinky couple. Low and behold they hand him the beer. Now panic mode sets in. I can't possibly be seen here by him with a second beer for him which he clearly doesn't need. I dialed my best friend to weigh my options. Stay and endure possible humiliation or should I just flee and keep what little self dignity I still had intact? I chose to flee quickly high tailing it to the Audi which was conveniently parked only spaces down from his SUV.

So he text me a few seconds later apologizing that he didn't see me before I left. To which I responded it was probably best anyways :(

Ok seriously this is weirder than any tale of fiction. I have no idea how I get myself into these messes, but alas I currently don't have the usual self confidence to see the silver lining in this. For now all I know is the guy I have put all of my energies into is obviously not interested :(

Well this is my rant... perhaps fueled by a little grey goose, but mainly just the ramblings of someone very unluky in love lol
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 01:22:12 am by numbersguy82 »

Offline ElZorro

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2010, 09:58:29 am »
 >:(

Another option would have been to "trip" and spill the "extra" beer on the twink that needed to get his butt kicked.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2010, 10:06:46 am »
Alternatively, you could have struck up a conversation with the odious twinks with something like... "you mean number ##? He came over for Thanksgiving at my house! I'm going to buy him a beer after the game." Maybe that would have shut them up and the awkward after game situation wouldn't have come up.

I mean if the guy came to yours for Thanksgiving dinner, he must have some interest. Also, why would he text you afterwards if he was hoping to miss you after the game? I think you passed up a chance to make those twinks jealous. ;)

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ElZorro

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2010, 10:18:19 am »
Ah, I retract my earlier comment...I didn't realize from your post that you were watching him, play the game. I envisioned the two of you sitting in the stands watching his favorite team play (shows how much of a jock Zorro is  :P)

I agree with Ann, you might have considered just staying and marking your territory. Sounds like the twink didn't know he was your guy and he was probably just being nice by accepting the beer.

Don't let the HIV affect your confidence, Numbers. What would you have done if you were neg?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2010, 11:12:50 am »
numbers obviously is in need of gay mentoring, but I will only suggest that in such situations one must ask oneself "what would [a gay male version of] Carrie Bradshaw do?"

Offline ElZorro

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2010, 11:14:14 am »
numbers obviously is in need of gay mentoring, but I will only suggest that in such situations one must ask oneself "what would [a gay male version of] Carrie Bradshaw do?"

:D :D :D

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2010, 11:22:17 am »
ANN- That makes a ton of sense... I mean I def like your positive spin on the situation. Thanks for pointing that out :)   Oh and also I only use the term "twink" negatively because I had my own twink card revoked last year LOL

EZ- I don't know if the HIV had anything to do with it, or if I'm just in a funk... which I obviously am. My BFF gave me some great advice today. He said "Alan you don't chase men, they chase you... for obvious reasons I mean you suck at it" LOL he told me to book myself into the spa and shave my damn face (I've been attempting to grow a beard) 

Miss P... will you be my gay life coach??? I assure you the task will be neither easy nor quick however good fun should be had by all!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.