Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:33:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 223
Total: 224

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Lift the travel Ban  (Read 3613 times)

Offline tkeyspet

• TK its me lol
    • http://comsoftlimbe.yolasite.com/
Lift the travel Ban
« on: October 30, 2009, 02:18:19 pm »
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/10/obama-ends-travel-ban-on-foreigners-with-hivaids.html

Life, i think this is the beginning of change ;D its good the president has this mind set, but not all of us want to go to the US, its better to concentrate on finding a lasting solution for Africa, i think ouur stupidity has cought up and somewhere nature has come back to take us up.

Its a bit quite in Africa and safe to do almost wat u like as compared to other countries abroad, so lets hope the next time the news comes it should be HIV controller, a third world Hiv long term solution people with Hiv but that does not progress to AIDs ::) ;) ;D but if u keep quite some 1 will say im hearing like india and china could pull it off, lets wait and see

Offline confidentIwillbeOK

Re: Lift the travel Ban
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 06:50:33 pm »
i think ouur stupidity has cought up and somewhere nature has come back to take us up.  Huh?  What are you saying?  Please clarify.  It certainly sounds like you are saying people with HIV deserve it and it is due to stupidity and God's will.  WTF!?!

Offline tkeyspet

• TK its me lol
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 03:00:20 am »
i think ouur stupidity has cought up and somewhere nature has come back to take us up

sorry if it sounds that way what i meant in stupidity is our inability to as Africans to help ourselves, we cant make our own meds, i am also someone who is positive and living in the third world country we are suprise with the news, like ARV shortage so i was only asking for a long term solution there about 33 million people with HIV and some more million who died out of this epidemic, even my own family member, we are thankful for the initiatives taken so far but much needs to be done thanks

Offline Angel-Ronnie

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 03:10:28 am »
don't agree with your take on this, as i am South African myself and it is for us to do something about it not shift responsibility. it is a world epidemic not only here in Africa you should educate yourself on this matter before saying anything. Let's look at the infrastructure of Africa's ability in making meds as far as I do know Adcock Ingram is a developer of ARV's in Africa these ARV's is made in India and exported to us and around Africa. It is us that need to make awareness in our communities maybe it is the time to take the first step in doing so.

I for one would love to travel and see  the world not immigrate but to travel and meet the many friends i have made on here and other sites like aidsmeds people who have been good to me and others.
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it - Charles Swindoll
2012-04-23 CD4=847 VL=125 CD4%=29
06-02-2013 CD4=990 VL=<20 CD4%=28
05-07-2013 CD4=869 VL=<20 CD4%=30
05-12-2013 CD4=859 VL=262 CD4%=28
03-05-2014 CD4=743 VL=<20 CD4%=28
30-09-2014 CD4=291 VL=33 CD4% =30
24-02-2015 CD4 1065 VL=1814 CD4%=30
22-07-2015 CD4=974 VL=<20 CD4%=32
19-01-2016 CD4=940 VL=<30 CD4%=33
11-07-2016 CD4=646 VL=<30 CD4%=26
11-01-2017 CD4=749 VL=<30 CD4%=29
27-06-2017 CD4=948 VL=<30 CD4%=32
22-12-2017 CD4=824 VL=<30 CD4%=32
09-06-2018 CD4=1036 VL=<40 CD4%=31
12-01-2019 CD4=915 VL=<30 CD4%=31
28-05-2019 CD4=855 VL=<40 CD4%=28
24-06-2021 CD4=927 VL=<20 CD4%=33
04-12-2021 CD4=1240 VL=<20 CD4%=34
25-06-2022 CD4=1408 VL=<40 CD4%=33
04-01-2023 CD4=982 VL=<20 CD4%=31
27-05-2023 CD4=1096 VL=<<40 CD4%=32

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 10:10:28 am »
Angel,

Thank you for providing a fresh perspective.

I've been reading lately about how the developed nations' (ie one-time colonialists) deeply paternalistic attitude toward African nations and her peoples has severely damaged the African mindset as a whole and...

what i meant in stupidity is our inability to as Africans to help ourselves

...is exactly what I'm talking about. It's time African peoples were empowered - or more to the point, given their power back. (RE-empowered?) Of course, this is a very simplistic way of talking about a very complex subject.

There is a saying - give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach  a man how to fish, and he eats for a lifetime. Education is one of the keys to re-empowering Africa. Hiv education is one of the areas that needs to be taught, but not the only one.

And yes, my saying this could be construed as having a paternalistic attitude as well, but it's coming from a place of my wanting Africa to heal, grow and prosper, not from a place of wanting to take Africa's resources and leave the people to depend on hand-outs.

Ann
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 10:12:47 am by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tkeyspet

• TK its me lol
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 09:54:31 am »
Thanks Ann and Angel for your Comments,

by the way its my point of view of the situation i dont think the whole world would agree with me or not, but i think we agree and disagree to some extent, first angel talking about world epidemic, yes i would agree, shifting responsibility??  hmm, African infrastructure in Making the Meds??? yes they are made in india, for your info read WHO site one of the main topics is promoting Africa so that they Should Start Making our own meds just 1 country could help alot,Make awareness yes i think even a little kid here can tell you that there is HIV i was told at school myself in some standard 5 class when  i was abt twelve. so which education are u talking about. Are you taking the meds urself coz if u are  i can tell you that they stop giving out 2 bottles its only 1 now coz of the shortage. there is more but wats the use u get the picture.

Now to point the Gun at Ann.

is exactly what I'm talking about. It's time African peoples were empowered - or more to the point, given their power back. (RE-empowered?) Of course, this is a very simplistic way of talking about a very complex subject.

There is a saying - give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach  a man how to fish, and he eats for a lifetime. Education is one of the keys to re-empowering Africa. Hiv education is one of the areas that needs to be taught, but not the only one

i agree with you ANN 98% wat i make of it is also teach an African how to make his meds then he makes them for a lifetime.

All in all there was a great effort made first and should be recommended for bringing free meds here at first but i was just pointing out to the future.

No hard feelings its my take on that

I for one would love to travel and see  the world not immigrate but to travel and meet the many friends i have made on here and other sites like aidsmeds people who have been good to me and others

thanks for this positive note ann i really agree with you on that.

Offline tkeyspet

• TK its me lol
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 09:58:48 am »
Thanks Ann and Angel for your Comments.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 10:25:48 am by tkeyspet »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 10:27:10 am »

Thanks Ann and Angel for your Comments.

You're welcome!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.