Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:21:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773226
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 623
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 415
Total: 416

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Uncertain  (Read 3719 times)

Offline LJ

Uncertain
« on: August 03, 2006, 11:19:15 pm »
I was a member of the old forum and wote in a few times worrying about a few incidinces in my past. The advice from all the experts on this site really set my mind at ease, but today I am back and worried all over again. I went for an HIV test today as part of my application for permanent residnce in Canada. I am a gay man and am applying for a common law union with my Canadian partner and an HIV test was necessary. This test flooed me with guilt and fear about my past again. I am  young guy and in my exploration years (about 5 years ago) I had a few annonymous oral sex encounters where I was both the receptive and insertive partners. I never ever recieved ejaculate in my mouth (only precum) and never really did anything for too long (maybe a minute at a time). Once I tried poppers (I never should have done that but I was curious) and on one occasion i noticed that I had bitten my cheak open after thet fact. Since those experiences I have pretty much be completely celibate (as sad as that sounds0 until I met the wonderful man I am with now. We have shared everything with each other and he says he is not worried. I guess I am just worried that i will hear from them in 10 days with bad news (Iam hoping not to hear from them as they have said they only contact us again if there is a problem) I also found it odd that I did not receive any pre-test counceling or discussion of my previous risk factors. I just went in, the appropriate immigartion forms were filled in and blood was taken it literally took a few minutes. Is this how it is supposed to be done? Any help, advice, reassurance ...would be greatly appreciate
Thank you
Jonathan

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Uncertain
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 11:56:17 pm »
Jonathan,

I don't see any reason for you to be concerned about HIV from what you describe. Take the time to read our Welcome Thread and inform yourself about how HIV is transmitted.

Then move on and enjoy your new life with your sweetie.

Fondly,

MtD

/edited for an small typo/
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 02:43:37 am by matty.the.damned »

Offline LJ

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 12:45:54 am »
Hi MtD

thank you for your reassuring message and kind words. I really do appreciate you taking the time to ease my mind. I sometimes get a bit overwhelmed with worry and rereading the lessons has also helped.

thank you and warm regards
Jonathan

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 02:45:40 am »
Not a problem, Jonathan. I'm pleased I've been able to help you out with this.

Take care!

MtD

Offline LJ

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 08:35:18 pm »
Hi Everyone

I thought i would just post quickly in the hope that it may give some other worried people out there some reassurance. I was confident that my situation had not been a risky one but still allowed my imagination and fears to run crazy. This drove me to hours of late night internet searching on the risks of various actions and so on (something I am sure almost everyone in this forum can identify with). Coming accross this forum was the best thing that could have happened. I read through the lessons and past questions relating to my issue and then posted ....just to be sure .... (I know everyone can identify with this ritual too  :)..... you know ???... maybe I was different?, maybe I am the one? maybe, maybe, maybe....). To cut a long story short, my test came back negative as was predicted by the experts and lessons on this site.

I guess I just wanted to say that the guys on this site really know what they are talking about and no matter how much you convince yourself that you have been infected the facts will not change (and if they ever do ... here is the place to find the news in a frank and honest way) ... the only way to know our status is to test. This may sound a bit high and mighty as my test was a necessity for my residence in Canada, but I promise you I lost allot of sleep and way too much time worrying about the minimal risk I had ... If I had taken the advice the first time I signed up to the old forum I would have eased my mind long ago. Nevertheless I am stoked.

The experts on any site or at any clinic can only tell you the facts. What you choose to do with that information should rely on what level of risk you are comfortable with. For each person this is different, the main thing is that you do not put anyone else in danger when deciding this. Always respect yourself and your partners.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to read this (if you didn't get too bored halfway through...lol) and thanks and good luck to all the people who offer selfless support and advice on aidsmeds. Listen to these guys because they not only know their stuff but actually do care.

Cheers everyone
Jonathan :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.