Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:38:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 240
Total: 241

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladie's Thread #66-Falling into Fall, or "Crap! Here comes the cold."  (Read 41758 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Morning all,

Mum, did you get the color on your hair?  Your doggie is such a cutie pie.  I love her "hair."   If that allergy medicine is a decongestant, of course it's going to keep you up.  All decongestants are kind of "speeders." I don't know if that makes sense or not. 

Queen, are you talking about public housing?  They have that here also, and quite a few people are on it.  Maybe that would work out better? 

Cin, I hope you start feeling better soon.

Andrea, what's up?

There's been an elementary school girl here who died from complications due to the H1N1 virus.  Here in Hoosierville, they've had swine flu vaccinations (actually, nasal spray), but they were only given to health care workers.  I think they're going to have more coming.  I've heard, though, that as long as people treat the flu's symptoms, it can be more mild than the regular flu. 

Today I'm going to take the car to see about getting it repaired.  I'm just imagining the guy calling and saying "it's going to be $400 for the car; it's in bad shape."  Then I'm going to have to say "well, we're going to have to wait a couple months then."  It makes me very nervous taking the car to get anything repaired, because of all the expense I've put into it so far.  So, please, everyone who reads this, send good energy this way, so hopefully I can afford this.           I think that's about it for now.  You all have a good one.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline #1 mom

Re: Ladie's Thread #66-Falling into Fall, or "Crap! Here comes the cold."
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 09:08:07 am »
Good morning everyone,

Lucas saw his neurologist yesterday. The doctor was pleased with Lucas' progress  :). He was especially pleased with his inquisitiveness and cognitive ability  ;D. The only problem he saw was with Lucas' eyes. He feels Lucas needs more surgery  :(. That's what we've been thinking too. We'll find out for sure once Lucas has his appointments with the eye doctor and vision therapist.
Today we have a meeting at the L.I.U. preschool to go over Lucas' IEP. Nothing else planned, since tonight is one of my 12 hour shifts.

Betty mentioned H1N1. I know it's in our area because one of the surgeons at my hospital was confirmed to have H1N1. The problem with H1N1 is that because it is a newer strain people, especially kids, don't have as much defense against it. Because of that, the risk of complications like pneumonia and death are a little higher than with the normal flu, although for most it won't be a big deal. The L.I.U. is offering free vaccinations to all the kids when it comes in later this month. There are 2 versions. The nasal is a live altered virus. It should not be given to pos or people with C.P. like Lucas. The other is injected and is a dead virus like seasonal flu shots and is recommended. I signed the papers so he can be vaccinated but only with the injectable.

Betty - Great title! I hope all works out with the car.

Moon - I hope you shake this bug soon.

Mum - Allegra D is one of those that can get you coming or going. The Allegra can make you sleepy, but D stands for decongestants and as Betty said it can be like "speeders". If your body doesn't adjust quickly so you can rest, ask your doctor to change the prescription. She can prescribe plain Allegra to be taken at night and a decongestant you can take in the morning.

Well, I got to get moving. Have a good weekend everyone.

Amy
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 09:18:13 am by #1 mom »
Amy

Offline netta

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 09:57:28 am »
HI GF'S,
I am going to see the puppies this weekend, the owner is a friend and has had successful breeding in the past, this time I don't know what happened. The pups go for their first shots at six weeks. I will only get a pup that has a clean bill of health. even though I will not be paying much for it, she sells hers for 100.00 because they are mixed shitzu,plux I get a discount.I know about parvo, my last puppy died from it, that was tragic for me,so I know the symptoms.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Mums - your doggie is so sweet and pretty!
"to thine own self be true"

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 02:08:39 pm »
Betty, I know how you are feeling about getting the car fixed. The grinding sounds like you may need new brakes/brake pads. I will be sending nothing but good vibes your way. Papi wants me to get a car but I told him no. Folks here drive like maniacs especially cab drivers. I am satisfied with the subway except for rush hour. I like the title of the thread too. Seems like summer just whizzed by.

Cindy, Get better soon. Can Ice cook? Have him make you some home made chicken soup. Not much going on with me. I am going to just relax and cook dinner later. Have a good weekend, everyone.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 07:10:49 am »
Hey all,

Amy, what's wrong with Lucas' eyes?  I can't remember if you've ever told us, sorry.

Netta, yeah, I'd definitely want something from the vet that says the puppies are in good health.  It would really suck to pay for one, get attached to the puppy, and then the puppy not to make it. 

Queen, Miss Philicia told me that she hasn't owned a car in years, not in New York either, because of the convenience of the subway.  So, I don't blame you for not wanting a car, with all the extra expense of one.     The summer here has been one of the coolest on record.  So strange, since last summer it felt like we were in hell (with the heat). 

Well, Queen was right, my car needed brake pads.  And rotors.  So, my friend's friend (the mechanic guy), got new ones (pads and rotors), and put them on, all for a grand total of $135; and that's for both sides, in the front.  I really don't know how much this costs at a regular garage, but I've heard I got a heck of a deal.  So, I'm happy.  Of course, I don't like paying out money, but at least my car's fixed.  The guy told me my pads were 3/4 of the way gone.  So I guess now the scraping noise won't happen anymore.  Talk about embarrasing.  It was scraping pretty bad, and loud.  I know everyone around me heard it.  But, whatever.  It's done now.

This morning I have to go to a meeting for the board members of my Aids service organization, since I'm on the board. I really don't want to go, but I will, to make an appearance.  They're talking about changing their name, logo, and trying to sell the building.  I think the building part would be best left to a realtor.  And I can't think of any snappy names, nor a good looking logo.  I guess I get more brain freeze as I get older.  So, that's why I'm up.  And the Salvation Army is having dollar day today-yep, everything's $1 (the clothes).  So, I'm going to try to find a couple pairs of pants, and a couple shirts.  I've gained 30 lbs since I quit smoking, so I need to get a little bigger size in pants.  I keep telling my doctor I want to start smoking again to lose weight.  It's been holding steady where it's at for now.  I'm trying not to eat sweets all the time (which isn't good for my diabetes).  Maybe someday I'll exercise.  I guess that's it for now.  You all have a good one.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 08:18:07 am »
Weather here is nuts.  It goes from fall (50F) to summer (78F) then back to fall (50F).  My poor sinuses are killing me.  Yesterday we had full sun, torrential downpours with 70MPH gusts, back to full sun, then rain again.  Today we're back to cold and maybe rain.  Good grief!

Amy, has anyone ever suggested that Lucas's eye problems are caused by his CP?  Mim's docs are leaning that way. Because CP is a neuro-muscular issue, best guess is that it's effecting her optical muscles.  Basically, we're now being told there's nothing we can do about it except give her strategies to adapt.  They're all suprised that she can read, her tracking is THAT bad.  Bottom line about her vision going out is that they have no idea why it's happening.  Her MRI's show no nerve damage, no notable muscle damage, no notable brain damage, no tumors, no nothing.  Yet, it's happening.  She's an enigma, what can I say?

Betty, congrats on the car.  I hate spending money on our cars, too.  But, there's no public transportation in our town so it's a necessary evil.  I'm glad you got them done less expensively.  Hubby said that what you got done would normally be between $300 - $400.  So, yeah, you got a GREAT deal.  Have fun at your meeting today.  You start your new job on Monday, right?  I'm so happy for you.  Can't wait to hear how it went.

Tomorrow our middle son is getting baptized.  After, we're having lunch for about 30 people.  I've got to get all the cooking done today.  I'm going the semi-lazy route: homemade chili and potato soups (in crock pots), cornbread, frittoes, crackers, harvest cake with cream cheese icing (yellow cake mix with pumpkin, cinnamon, apples, and walnuts), and drinks.  Then tomorrow night our church is having a weenie roast at a local park.

I think I've found the solution to taking my new meds.  If I take it about 6pm, then the "speedy" part gets out of my system about 11 - just in time for bed, and the "sleepy" part starts to kick in.  Couple that with my Singulair (which knocks me out) and I'm sleeping much better.  Of course last night our youngest son had growing pains so I was up from 2:30am on.    I'm already jonesing for a nap.

Ava is in potty bootcamp.  She hasn't peed in the house, but has decided that pooping in the house is OK.  When she goes out in the morning, if she doesn't pee and poop, she goes back in her "cage" for 2 hours, then we take her out again.  If she poops, then she can stay out.  If not, she goes back in for another 2 hours.  We just started yesterday, so we'll see how long it takes.  Before, we'd take her out in the morning and she'd pee.  Then, she'd come in, go into the boys' room, and poop. >:(  When she starts pooping outside consistently, then she'll graduate.  She goes Wed. for her 1st official check up and some shots. 

Cooking and laundry for me today.  Not much else going on.  Make it a good one!

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 03:50:32 pm »
Hi everyone,

Betty - I'm relieved  your car was fixed without costing an arm and a leg. Happy hunting at the $1 sale  ;).

Mum - I'm glad you figured out what time works for you with the Allegra. Good luck with boot camp. It sounds like tomorrow is going to be busy and exciting. I hope you have a wonderful time!

Lucas has intermittent exotropic strabismus. Basically that mouthful means that his eyes drift to the outside at times. It is actually one of the things that contributed to him being diagnosed with C.P. He has had one surgery to "loosen" the muscles on the ear side of the eyes. Allthough he got improvement, things are getting worse again. He does exercises, but it just is not doing enough. He gets tired of having to focus all the time to keep the eyes aligned. When a child's eyes don't work together the brain will ignore the information from one eye to stop from having double vision. Without 2 eyes working together you loose your depth perception. After Lucas' 1st surgery we had a big improvement in his balance. If things aren't "fixed" by age 8 it's hard to ever get the brain to accept the information from both eyes even if you do get them to look aligned. That's why we have given the vision therapy some time to work, but don't want to wait too long. I'll let everyone know what the ophthalmologist and vision therapists say after his next appointment.

Well, the boys left so I can sleep. I've fallen asleep here twice so I better sign off. My best to all.

Amy
Amy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 09:41:07 pm »
Betty, See I knew it was those brake pads, forgot that it could also be the rotors. But I agree, you got a helluva deal with whoever did them. Can you make him your go to guy if something needs fixed on your car? That would be sweet and you would always get the work done cheaper. Girl after seeing how the cab drivers drive here, there is no way in hell I want a car. A car accident is definitely inevitable. And seeing that I have a bit of road rage at times, I am not trying to get shot!

Mum, I have issues with my allergies/sinuses too. I just developed these issues a few years ago. My nose goes from being dry as the Sahara, especially when I first wake up. Then it switches over to being runny to the point I am always sniffling. I take a nasal spray that seems to help. But it frustrates me that I don't know what triggers it other than fresh cut grass or pollen. It sounds like Ava may be having seperation anxiety maybe from leaving where she was at? If you have cable you should check out the show on Animal planet called "It's me or the Dog". It's a British chick named Victoria Stillwell who helps people with dogs. You may not want to call on her but I am sure you could learn what to try on Ava. You always cooking some good stuff. When can I come to dinner? ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 07:23:23 am »
Queen, my love, you are welcomed in my home anytime. :-*  Now I've just got to get it all to church without it ending up all over the car (or me).  I also made some homemade salsa.  If I can figure out how to ship it - mail people get a bit leery about liquids - I'll send you some.  Hot or mild?

Amy, our youngest daughter has that problem.  She's also lost all of her perifreal (sp?) vision in her right eye and the vision in her left eye from her nose to center.  The doctor put her in glasses that are "right heavy" - the right lense is thicker on the ear side and the left lense is thicker on the nose side. They are also prism lenses (not sure what that's supposed to do though)  Like you we've seen some improvement, but were told that it'll never be "perfect".  She's 5 1/2 and HIV-.

Betty, I thought about you ALL afternoon yesterday.  Here's why: I was cooking and doing laundry like mad yesterday morning.  I had the stove going, the oven full, and 2 crockpots on high.  3 timers were going to keep things from burning, though I'd sometimes forget which timer was for what.  Then Hubby has a semi-wonderful idea - let's take the kids to see a movie.  It started at 2:50p, we'd leave about 1:45 - no problem.  Except that 1:45 became 1:00 became 12:30 :o.  I wouldn't have panicked if he hadn't told me this at noon while I still had things going, hadn't had a shower, and had just put color on my hair.  But, still doable.  We left at 12:38pm. 

Our first stop was to my parents' house to drop off their air compressor.  Hubby unloaded it and my dad was talking to the kids when he noticed a weird smell coming from our engine.  Hubby and Dad looked under the hood to discover our radiator hose had a leak.  And, not just any leak, that would be too easy (and so NOT me).  It was a pinhole leak that would require our car being towed, the engine being dropped, and the entire radiator replaced.  I nearly fainted!  Before I could bring on a good swoon, my dad had a solution: airline grade apoxy.  Let the engine cool 10 minutes, put it on, let it dry 10 minutes and we'd be on our way.  EXCEPT nothing is ever that easy for me.

While dad was putting on the apoxy, he noticed that some wheel that was supposed to be turning wasn't turning and in turn had worn out a belt that I assume wouldn't have been good if it'd've broken.  So now we needed that new wheel.  Hubby got on the phone and found the part - 30 miles a way.  Alrighty, still holding the swoon.  To make a long story short, 3 hours after arriving at my parents' house and an hour after the movie started, we were on our way back home.  We missed the movie and lunch.  Kids were upset and starving.  But, the entire repair only cost us $40.  If we had broken down on the road, it would have cost us a tow, mininal a new radiator, and a rental car.  That's what made me think of you, Betty.

Then, on the way home, our youngest informs us that she left her hearing aide at Nana and PawPaw's house.  I asked her where.  "In the grass by the hay."  IN THE GRASS?!?  There's acres and acres of grass!  Not to mention about 50 haybales!  I called my mom - feeling the swoon returning.  She and dad searched and couldn't find it.  So, the girls and I got dropped off and Hubby took the boys in search of a teeny tiny hearing aide in the hay stacks.  In less than 1 minute, our middle son found the aide and my successful menfolk came home.  I was exhausted.  Hubby was irritated.  The kids were disappointed.  I poured everyone a bowl of cereal for dinner.  I never did get to swoon.

Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 08:10:27 am »
Morning all,

Mum, wow, what a day.  See, if something happens to my car that happened to your car, I wouldn't know what to do, except stand there and cuss.  Great deal.  The day sounds extremely stressful, and I, frankly, would have been looking forward to going to bed.   I hope your day today goes well, and that the baptism is beautiful.  Do you take pictures of these? 

Amy, that problem with Lucas' eyes sounds very complicated.  I truly don't understand it 100%, but I sure hope something can be done about it for him. 

Queen, the guy is a friend of one of my friends.  She said she doesn't know if he does engine work as good as "tire" work (like brakes, or anything associated with that part of the car).  So, I'm guessing that's his specialty.  Who knows, though.  Maybe he does everything.  I sure will keep him in mind the next time something needs done.            I know about road rage.  I'm trying to break myself from continual yelling at other drivers, and me giving them dirty looks.  It's hard, though.

Not much going on today.  Just cleaning, and my brother should be over tonight.  Tomorrow starts the new job.  I so hope I do alright. I really like the place I'll be working for, how they help people who society kind of forgets about, and I hope I can do it justice.         I guess that's it for now.  You all have a good one.

Offline camille07

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2009, 08:47:47 am »
Good Morning lady friends (i sound like I'm 90)

Mum-  Nothing like finding a hearing aide in a haystack.  Thankfully, that worked out, even though it could have been worse not finding it and then replacing it.  What a tough day you all had.  I was exhausted after reading it.  Kudos to your dad regarding the apoxy.  Great idea and makes me think to keep a tube in my emergency car kit.  Sorry to hear about Ava's special deliveries. Treadwell is good, in addition to, Caesar Milan...the dog whisperer.

To all victims of car caos...I've been free of car troubles but this wasn't always so and the pain is still fresh in my mind ;).  When I was 17, I had a datsun 280z that had an alternator that was always on the fritz.  In the dead of winter I would have to call my dad, (on his days off) and ask him to come and jump start the car on my way to school.  He was not a morning person.  Then came my dodge daytona after college.  (I didn't have one when I lived in the NY and Jersey City during school since I had mass transportation). I drove to Providence RI, to pick up my bf the night before Thanksgiving.  (Actually, it was G) It's a four hour drive.   When I arrived I noticed the notorious grinding.  It was 10pm and I had to take my chances.  I was halfway home and it was real bad.   I got pulled over to make things worse since I was speeding.  I did get off (threw out my trooper brother's name) :-\ but I was desparate.  Upon finally getting home my breaks were practically little metal nubs.  These are just two of the many many car problems I've had.  I truly feel your pain Mum and BT.

The H1N1 closed a few schools
http://www3.niaid.nih.gov/news/newsreleases/2009/H1N1HIVTrials.htm.

have  to reboo..........

« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 08:52:06 am by camille07 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 05:41:31 am »
Camms, did you know that Nissan used to be Datsun?  When Nissan started, it was a huge success in Asia, mostly Japan.  When they wanted to come to the United States, they didn't want a bad mark in case the car brand didn't catch on here, so they called themselves Datsun.  My best friend's son-in-law told me that.  My first car was a '69 Ford Galaxy.  I bought it when I was 16 for $400.  There was nothing wrong with it.  The only thing that happened to it was that it eventually needed a new muffler.  I ended up selling it for $135 because of my dope habit.  I get a bit upset about that now, since it could be a classic street car.  I had a couple Tempos that gave me some problems, and a Grand Am that seemed to do alright.  I also had an old Cadillac Eldorado, and the most trouble I had with that car was all the gas I put into it.  My last ex husband had a Maverick, and it never seemed to give him any problems.  We just used it for him to get back and forth to work, when he did work. 

Today's the very first day of the new job, and I'm a bit nervous.  I'm going to have to learn some new things on the computer. I hope I'm not too slow to learn them, and I hope I remember them. I'm going to try to remember to take a notebook, so I can take notes if I need to.  I have to be there at 8:00, so the lady who's in charge of feeding the homeless people breakfast will have someone else there with her.  I don't think the pastor gets there until about 9:00.  So, anyway, please send good vibes, prayers, and anything else you can think of.        Have a good one.

Offline minismom

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 08:27:51 am »
You all want to get REALLY pissed off?  Go over to OT and read the "price of life" thread.  I've tried 4 times to write a post that would convey how utterly disgusted I am while not getting me a time out (or outright ban).  Hubby offered to get an account and post for me (pretend you didn't read that, Ann ::)).  Maybe I should ask him exactly how much HIS life is worth.  Who's to say HE isn't too expensive or HE isn't worth (or worthy of) the cost.  Good grief!  Now I'm pissed all over again.

Betty, be sure to let us all know how your first day goes.  I know you'll be great!  We all have your back, hun!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline camille07

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 08:44:45 am »
Hey ladies-

I ran scans all day so I never was able to jump back on until now.   Oh I loved my datsun.  It was my dad's and then my  brother's.  He put this incredible sound system in it and I would crank Husker Du and The Replacements....my adolescent punk alternative bands.  It was a five speed so I learned very early on "how to drive a stick".  Betty, as for Nissan, that's really interesting.  I went on to buy two used  Nissan sentre's.  The first one I flipped into an "on coming car" and landed upsided down with not a scratch on me.  However, the car was totaled.  The second one was always breaking down.  Once in front of the Holland tunnel....which had to be the number #1 worst spot on the east coast.  Another time was on Jersey's main parkway GSP and I got picked up by a trooper who was going to take me home, which was a nice break from all the tow truck's I've been in.  In the meantime, I had to sit with him, behind an overpass and wait for speeders until his colleague would be taking over the guard.  And one of the funniest is the day after my wedding my ex and I were driving back to our townhouse.  It started to pour.  The problem is that my wipers broke two days before, the engine blew out.  So we had to take ribbon off of one of the gifts and yes, tie it to the wipers.  Needless to say, it didn't work very well and looked absurd.

Mum-  Correction on the Victoria name ..not Treadwell, Stillwell as Queen had posted with respect to the dog trainers.  How is the cutest little pooper?

Betty-  I'm thinking of you today.  You're gonna do great. That first day is always filled with the jitters.
Oh you had mentioned that you thought you had a virus on your pc or bot (something that is running on your pc that is from someone else's computer)  It's a type of malware.   Anyway, here's a really good link and free software from microsoft.  I read about it yesterday and tried it on mine.  Even if you have a good anti virus program, this is specifically targeted for malicious bugs.
http://find.pcworld.com/63553

Have to get moving.  Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Hugs,

Camms

Offline minismom

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2009, 10:52:58 am »
Cam, since we started her on her new routine, she's not had one accident in the house.  Saturday and Sunday we had to put her back in her cage for about an hour after her morning pee. But when we took her back out, she pooped immediately.  This morning, she peed and pooped so she's been allowed to roam free.

After lunch, we're going to take the kids to see the movie we were supposed to see on Saturday.  Hopefully we'll have better luck. I still don't trust Ava while we're gone for extended periods (about 5hrs today) so she'll go back in her cage when we leave.

Other than that just trying to get the heaters cleaned out so we can turn them on.  Today is the warmest day this week at 55F.  It goes down hill from there.  I also need to get the rest of the kids' long sleeved shirts unpacked so I can see what fits and what doesn't.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 11:00:51 am »
Betty, I'm sending all the good vibes I can your way. I am sure you will do just fine and they will love you. I never owned a foreign car. I like Chevys and always wanted a Chevy Blazer truck. But I will always love my Chevy Caprice, that was my baby.

Camms, You actually had me thinking I had her name wrong...*lol*

Mum--I am going to go peep that thread.

Not much planned for me today. Just a lot of phone tag with Section 8. Now it seems that the NY office never got the fax from the Erie office on the 2nd. So, Papi called last Friday and found that out. He called back the Erie office and told the woman there. She said she would resend it. What gets me is I think she never stood there and waited on the confirmation. How can NY get the first extension but not the second one? It doesn't make sense. I called the NY office and left a message but I am not sure if they are open because of it being Columbus Day. And since NY didn't get the extension, that leaves me 2 days to make sure they get it. No chance of finding a place in 2 days. And for some odd reason, I am not stressed about it....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 07:33:55 pm »
good evening ladies!! hope all is well with everyone...hate the cold!!!..just got over a bad cold and now i think i have IBS...WTF...jeez...
Live life to the fullest...

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2009, 09:29:02 pm »
Stayed home from work today, beat even after the weekend.  I overdid it.  My lymph nodes are acting up and I am getting spooked at one near my groin.  It has flashes of pain sometimes and is raised sometimes, visibly.  Anyone go through this?  Maybe its from being under the weather, but it seems to have started months ago.

More soon, sorry so short!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 09:30:52 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 05:49:50 am »
Hey ladies,

Mum, which movie did you see?   My heater came on quite a few days ago.  The temps have been tanking lately, a lot.

Camms, heh, I'm picturing the car with a ribbon for a wiper.  That's funny.  Well, my car I have now is a Nissan 200SX, and as you know, I've put almost $4000 into it since buying it.  This is the first foreign car I've owned.  Because of running around with bikers some years ago, I developed a distaste for foreign things.  But, I know that a lot of "foreign" cars are built in this country, so it doesn't bother me anymore.  Thanks for that antivirus thing.  I'm going to check it out later, when I get home.

Queen, I hope things get straightened out with those section 8 offices.  I'm like the queen of follow-up when it comes to government offices.  They never seem to get things right, until they've attempted to do them about 10 times.  Stay on 'em.

Jamie, nice to hear from you.  IBS?  Ick.

Cin, I can't recall having that problem with the lymph node.  Maybe you should go to your doctor, especially if it's scaring you.  I don't like to be scared about my health. 

Yesterday went pretty good.  I just don't know any of the computer stuff.  They use excel and access a lot, and of course I never learned those programs.  I've never had to learn to use them.  So, I'm hoping someone will be able to come in and show me how to use them.  The pastor doesn't really know either.  But, other than that, everything went well.  There's four employees-me, the pastor, the lady who's in charge of the breakfast/shower/laundry for the homeless/hard luck people, and the lady in charge of the food pantry, plus she's also the custodian.  I like the work the place does.  Several people use the church's address to get things like food stamps, and their mail, because they have no address due to being homeless.  And, we talk to people on and off throughout the day.  I like it because I truly believe we're supposed to help one another, so any place that backs up what they preach impresses me.                      That's about it for now.  Thanks for the support, ladies.  It truly means a lot.

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 07:27:55 am »
Hi everyone,

Betty - I'm so glad your first day went well. Maybe you can find something at the library to help you learn the programs  ????

Moon - See your doctor! It may be nothing, but better safe than sorry.

Mum - Lucas has 20/30 vision. If you check the eyes individually he doesn't have any blind spots. Prism glasses are not considered a good option for Lucas  ???. I wish you the best with Littlest.
What a day you had on the 11th. I'm glad you recovered the hearing aids and your dad was able to fix the car.

Lucas had an accident. I took him to church on Sunday. Usually he has enough trouble with the first part of the service until they take the children to the nursery, but this day they didn't have a nursery. He actually did very well for him, which means no running up the aisle or under the pews   ;). He decided to make up for that once the service was over  ::). He dashed around the church and didn't want to leave. We have a picture of Jesus praying in the garden behind our alter. Lucas always goes up to say bye Jesus before we leave. Well, I finally got him herded that way but he wasn't done yet. There are a few steps going to the alter. He went up to say bye, came down then went back up. I was anxious to go (I worked nights so was looking forward to a nap), but was excited by how well he was doing the steps. I even told Lucas how proud I was of how he did on the stairs but it was time to go. Big mistake! He tore off up the steps again. This time as he came down he tripped and hit head first into the corner of the prayer rail. Lucas is a tough kid so after a few minutes tears with a bandaid in place he wanted to run again. Unfortunately, I knew it wouldn't be that easy (bye bye nap for mommy). I took him into the ER's urgent care center. While there I had to ask for gauze because he was bleeding through the bandaid I had applied which seals the whole way around. After 3.5 hours he ended up with 3 stitches.  He did very well holding still, but his tears broke my heart  :'(. This was our first ER visit like that and I hope the last. Lucas is doing fine and says he went to the doctors to have his "head sewn shut"  ::).

Well, that's about all here. Have a great day.

Amy
Amy

Offline camille07

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 08:40:13 am »
Good morning-

Amy-  Sorry to hear about Lucas's accident.  That's a tough fall crashing onto a corner of any kind.  When I was a kid (3)I tried to jump off a chain link fence, because twins were chasing me in a game of tag.  My shoelace got caught, and I came down onto the corner of a slate sidewalk right into my head.  The only thing I remember was all the good things....my mom sitting with me that night and being nurturing.  It seems these things are much tougher on the parents. :D

Cin-  Go to the doctors and get it checked out.  Are you experiencing anything else out of the ordinary?  You are definitely in my prayers.  The fear and worry is sometimes worse than anything.

Betty -  sounds like a good first day.  Maybe you can go to the library and take out a book on spreadsheet programs.  Excel is pretty easy, where as, Access is a little more involved.    Good luck on your second day.

Mum-  Ava is coming along nicely. How are the kids with her?  They must love her.  Btw-  I was pretty upset with that thread and felt the need to post.  I usually keep a low profile. 

Queen-  I was really happy to read your post.  Because, despite of your situation, you had a real peace.  It's a great place to be.  People are so consumed with worry, it never helps and is so counter productive.  Enjoy your peaceable kingdom.

Well, have to get back to the grind.  Working on a new catalog today for Bermudian clothing. It's difficult looking at the pics especially since I had to put my heat on last night.

Hugs to you all,

Camms

Offline netta

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2009, 11:20:51 am »
 Hi, I have been very sick all weekend and went to the er, I have a fever and cough, they took xrays and I have bronchitis :( hope all is well, getting plenty of rest and meds, check in later.

Offline camille07

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 12:23:34 pm »
Netta-  Feel better soon! :o

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 07:00:07 pm »
Netta~  Sorry you went to the ER, I hope you feel better.  Remember, chicken soup is magical!  ;)

My lymph node near my groin is larger than most you would feel in your neck, and sometimes it gets tender.  I am trying to determine if the tenderness and shooting pain coincide with my monthly cycles.  I have been having surface pain in my belly, like I had torn a muscle or something.  The doc checked it out and seems to think its follicular, acting up during certain times of the month.  I had thought it was a hernia from my Budda belly.  He's thinking it may be an ovarian cyst or something.

So, if the "cyst" belly thingy is acting up and coincides with the enlarged lymph node, it would all make much more sense.  Any time my defenses are down, my lymph nodes act up, usu around my neck, say if I had a col d or cough.  

If my belly is tender from a cyst or whatever, it could explain the enlarged lymph node acting up in my leg, possibly.  

I am due to get my swine flu vaccine in the next week or two, so I will ask to see the doc at that time.  Wish me luck.  Its just that I watch "Brothers and Sisters" on Sunday nights and Kitty has been diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma on the show.  That's what my hubby died of, so the timing is freaking me out.  LOL  Sheesh.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 07:02:18 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2009, 05:44:10 am »
Amy, poor Lucas.  Kids are so resilient, though, aren't they?  They just get up and go on, like nothing happened.  I don't know what happens between childhood and adulthood that turns us bigger people into such whiners.

Camms, do you do the assembly on the catalog?  I mean, like put all the pages together, with pics and all?   I wish I would have focused more on computers in school, but I really wasn't interested.  I mean this last school I went to.  The one I went to in '89 was when computers were first coming out.  There was no internet etc.   All we learned then was how to do documents.  That's when I got my medical transcription jobs. 

Netta, lady, I hope you feel better soon!  Mucinex DM is pretty good stuff.  When I was sick last summer, that worked pretty well.

Cin, I hope your whole lymph node/cyst situation settles down.  Did the doctor say if he was going to do anything if it is a cyst? 

The 2nd day went well.  The pastor (boss lady) bought pizza for lunch, and we had a meeting.  Not much was talked about.  There's only 4 employees there, so it went pretty quick.  Pretty soon, we're going to start taking names for the Christmas store.  That's where, parents get to come in, and pick out brand new toys for their children.  I know because the church I attend has members that go over there and help with it.  So, that's going to be a busy time.  People are already asking about Thanksgiving baskets, but we're probably not going to have those this year.  There's so much need here, and everywhere. 

I may be getting training on the computer programs.  Since voc. rehab paid for part of my school, they also pay 1/2 a person's wage for on the job training.  So, they're trying to get that together.  I guess it's a lot of paperwork to fill out.  And I don't think they've found someone to actually train me yet.  I hope it happens soon, so I can do everything that needs to be done without have to experiment with everything.           Alright ladies, you all have a good one!

Offline camille07

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2009, 08:12:06 am »
Good morning -

Falling into fall is soooo appropriate this morning.  Last night started the chill but today it's in full force.

Betty-  I create the layout, take the pics they have, and place them with text in a brochure format.  The program is Adobe Indesign, a publishing program that is specifically targeted for this kind of project.  One of the things I worked on all day yesterday was taking a model worn pair of shorts and placing it on the guy on the beach.  It was hard because the shorts are from a store model who's legs were side by side. The guy on the beach had is right leg slightly behind his left which made it had.  I had to create shadows, wrinkles and cut out and skew the one pant leg and paste it back into the photo.  Crazy huh?

Well, had a great night last night.  My girlfriend of 38 years came over.  It's her birthday.  I bought her champagne and cheese (she loves these things).  But I convinced her to save it for another time.  She has a teeth whitening company and whitened my teeth.  She wants testimonials so I told her sure.  Well, I was  really impressed.  My teeth are really white.  Anyway it was more fun talking until midnight and G was part of the party.  She slept over and it felt so nice....like we were kids again.

Well, running to the acupuncturist this am.  I recommend it for everyone.  I was a skeptic for a long time and it is amazing.  Will go into it more later.  It's been a  long while since my last visit since it is $$.  Then to the vet.  Jada seems to have a cyst on her chest. 

Have a great day!

Hugs,

Camms

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2009, 05:50:46 am »
Camms, I have acupuncture once, in one of the treatment facilities I went to, which was like 13 years ago.  They just did it in the ears, but it was wonderful.  It really helped me relax, and I even felt a little high for a couple hours.  I can't afford it now.  I wish insurance would cover it; I think someday it may. 

Offline camille07

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2009, 08:11:12 am »
Betty- funny you should mention that regarding the health insurance.  The acupuncturists was telling me that part of the reform includes having acupuncture covered by insurance.   She told me the coinciding number but I can't recall.  It is incredible.  My sinuses, for one thing, cleared right up.  And it forces you to sit still and completely relax. I Unfortunately, I am going about once a year now. 

Something really strange happened to me  yesterday.  I don't know if you all remember but there was an a** hole that I kept allowing in my life back in early spring.   He was always causing problems, mainly I was allowing him too.  Anyway, I got a call from the HIV clinic, because they were tracking him down.  (I am on his file still for emergencies etc.)  They told me it was gravely serious that he see the doctor right away.(The "trouble maker" has also had two seisures in the past month and had to be hospitalized.)  There was another number on the chart which is his present girlfriends. They didn't want to leave a message because there was no name associated with it.    I've talked to her in the far past so I called and left a vm.  He called me back and I was brief and cut him off.  Yesterday morning I get a series of text from her saying the medi cab came to pick him up but he would told the cab to leave.  He is terrified and doesn't want to know.  She pleaded with me saying that he would only "listen to me" and I needed to help him. Then it evolved to that she is taking care of him...he needs to be taken care of.   I said "he is 40 years old!!!!" Oh yeah, I had called her at this time.  She basically asked if I could meet him at the clinic.  I told her I was in a serious relationship and that I needed to find out if G was comfortable with this.  I don't want any secrets with him and don't want him to feel uncomfortable about anything.  He was very understanding because he knows how serious it is.  Though, I think G has anger towards him since he is how I became poz.  So, basically, I wanted to hear all your thoughts.  The only way he will go to the clinic is if I meet him.  He's not my responsibility etc I just want him to get help.

Alright, well, everyone have a nice day.  It's cold and gray out today.  Hopefully there is sunshine in the rest of the world.

Hugs,

Camms

Offline minismom

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2009, 08:23:50 am »
On the way home from dance class Tuesday evening, the children and I witnessed an accident that resulted in a 20yr old being killed.  It happened right in front of us.  I had to slam on my brakes so that it didn't turn into a 3-vehicle pile-up. I grabbed my phone and called 911.  I made sure my kids were OK and ran over to the van, with 911 still on the line.  The elderly gentlemen was shaken, but was responsive and had no visible cuts.  I met another couple there and the 3 of us turned our attention to the car.  It hit us all at once - there was no movement.  The other lady made it to the car first and yelled, "There's a baby in the car!"  I reported this to the 911 operator and hung up.  

The "baby" ended up being a 6yr old little girl.  She was buckled in the front seat, but wasn't in a carseat.  The lady, whom we assumed was her mother and later found out was her older sister, was laying over on her.  The lady's eyes were opened and fixed.  I knew she was dead.  The 3 of us pulled to get the door open and got the little girl out from under her sister.  She was covered in blood, but none of it was her's.  She was talking and complaining that her shoulder hurt.

The first-on-scene was either incompetent, overwhelmed, or in shock.  The 3 of us carried a bloody little girl to his police cruiser and he wouldn't even get out.  The guy asked the cop if he wanted the license plate number so he could run it and find someone to come and be with the little girl.  The cop said, "Good idea".  The next 45 minutes was spent going between the van, the ambulance (talking to the little girl, the ambulance attendants, and relaying the info to the cop - who'd by now gotten out of his car but hadn't gone beyond it), and checking on my kids.  The car was no more than 20ft from our car.  My kids watched as they pulled the 20yr old's body from the car.  

I finally got a hold of Hubby who was allowed to cross the median, pull over to our car, take my car off scene and get the kids home.  I stayed to give my statement.  By now I was shaking, cold, and running on adrenaline.  I made it home about 7.  We all sat down to dinner, but none of us really ate.  The children wanted to talk about the accident, I didn't.  We let them talk - thought it would help them get over it.  We prayed for the families and for peace of sleep for us.  The kids, suprisingly, slept.  I didn't.  We pass by that intersection at least 8 times / wk.  It'll be a very long time before I see it as anything other than the place I saw a girl die.

On my way to Precept class last night, our oldest son said that if we witness another accident, he'll lose it.  I joked with him saying that if we witnessed another accident, we'd close our eyes and keep going.  We didn't go far before we ended up in stand-still traffic because of, you guessed it, an accident.  I was able to hit back roads and pass it up.  We were merging to get onto I-79 south when we noticed the traffic wasn't moving because, yep, another accident!  I called Hubby and told him that Son and I were on our way home.  There was no other way to get to class.  About 2 miles from our house, we saw flare and flashing lights indicating -  getting old isn't it? - a 3rd accident.  I was able to turn around and hit backroads home.  Son and I, emotionally exhausted, announced, simultaneously that "WE QUIT!".  

My car isn't leaving the driveway today.  It's raining heavily and Hubby has to go to school.  Until the nightmares stop, he's going to have to put up with calling us several times along the way.  One day I'll close my eyes and not be greeted by the images.  One day I'll sleep again.

Make it a good one.
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2009, 11:30:32 am »
Camms, I remember the guy you're talking about.  He stayed with you, then started, was it drinking or using drugs, again.  He is extremely manipulative, and I wouldn't go with him, or meet him.  Doing that would not help him; well, it would help his ego.   He would think you're fondling over him again, and trust me, he would love it.  I'm not being nasty; I just know his kind (maybe because I'm in recovery, but used to be a pretty manipulative person).  The girl he's with now isn't used to all his games, yet.  But she probably will be someday.

Mum, I hear ya.  I see stuff all the time at the church I work at, but I guess I got used to it.  No one has died, but there's been other calamities.  I know seeing someone dead is traumatic, but it will pass.  Just let it roll.

Edited to add:  Mum, I'm not trying to be heartless or anything.  I understand how tragic that must have been.  I guess sometimes I just dissassociate from things fast.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 08:27:33 pm by BT65 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2009, 01:12:23 pm »
Afternoon Ladies----

Mum, that is horrible and truly messed up. I think it was a good thing that you did, to let the kids talk about it. No one likes to witness death but what a way for a child to learn about it. I can't believe the cop was so incompetent but maybe he was a rookie or never witnessed an accident. Yeah, I know, I am pulling stuff out my butt to make excuses for him. At least the child was alright.

Camms, I am with Betty. You have your own life to deal with and a new man in it. And downright understanding, most men would have said no. You know that, right? Why should you have to play counselor to him and his new gf? They both need to man up and if I was the new gf, I would feel some type of way about him wanting to call his ex in the first place. Shows me what type of mentality she has and seems to be a weak individual herself. Girl, bottom line, 2 tears in a bucket, motherfuck it. That crap has nothing to do with you.

Nothing going on with me. Still on the grind to find an apartment. NY finally got the extension, the reason they didn't get it the last time was because of their fax machine being down. But if I wouldn't have called the section 8 back home and Papi the one in NY, we would not have known any of this. I just think it is messed up that neither office could bother to call and let us know anything. And Papi even got hanged up on by the woman in the NY office when he tried to find out the deadline of the extension. How rude!

Have a good one....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2009, 03:45:02 pm »
Hi Ladies,

Mum, I am so sorry that you and your family had to witness that tragedy. Thank goodness the little girl was ok, physically anyway! You are in my thoughts. Hot chocolate and staying home would be in order for me.

Camms, I wouldn't know what to do in your situation. We are not responsible for other peoples actions but we are compassionate beings at the same time. Maybe contact a mental health facility, I don't know. Good luck with this.

Betty, I'm glad that you are liking the new job.

Amy, poor Lucas! Some boys can be so fearless. Anyway, I'm glad that he is ok.

Netta, I hope you feel better.

Not much going on with me. Just working at home and already starting to dread the Holidays. The driving, the traffic, the family, LOL.

P.S. Watching the news and there was a big balloon with a child inside. It finally landed but there is no one inside. They are thinking he fell out at some point. The balloon rose thousands of feet into the air.
Diagnosed  July 28th 2003

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

'Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?' -Frank Scully

'If your ship doesn't come, swim out to it.' - Jonathan Winters

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2009, 01:36:30 am »
Hi everyone, just checking in.

Camms - Don't let him suck you in. If you hear from them again encourage the girlfriend to go with him, but be firm that you can't be involved.

Mum - How awful for you and the kids. It's never easy seeing a young person die. Working in the ER for 10 years I saw a lot of deaths, but the young always hit hardest. When we lost a young person the hospital made critical incident counselling available. It sounds like you and the kids could use counselling. Does your pastor have any experience in critical incident counselling?

Netta - Get well soon.

Hollystar - They found the boy hiding at home. His dad had yelled at him earlier to stay away from the balloon and he went and hid in a box. He was never in the balloon when it went on it's 50 mile journey.

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes to Lucas. He's doing well and anxious to have his stitches removed. They haven't slowed him down at all  ::). Well, not much happening here. Goodnight ladies.
Amy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2009, 07:52:50 am »
Hey ladies,

Queen, I've found out, a long time ago, that with any government agency, you have to follow up, no matter what they say.  They're just not organized.  It's aggravating, especially when they say they're doing something, but they aren't.  I stay on 'em, and tell everyone to do the same.

Holly, do you have a lot of driving to do for the holidays?

Amy, great to hear that Lucas is doing alright.

Well, I knew it wouldn't take long to happen.  Yesterday, at work, I took a sandwich and yogurt for lunch.  When I went to get it, the sandwich was gone. There's a room off my office, that has a frig in it.  During the day, the people go in and out for this or that, so I'm sure one of those times is when someone got it.  I was pretty po'd at the time.  Then I thought, well if I was homeless, I would want to make sure I had something to eat also.  Of course, there's another agency in town that feeds anyone who shows up lunch and supper.  It's not right to steal, I know, no matter what someone's circumstances are, but I do understand.  Lucikly the other two ladies I work with were going to 7-11, so I was able to get them to get me a chili dog.  Not my favorite, but I was hungry. 

Then, I went to a CVS to get a flu shot.  When I was at my doctor's Monday, they were all out.  They flu thing at CVS was from 3-7.  I got there at 2:50.  When I left, I looked at my watch and it was 6:00.  Yep, 3 hours of waiting in line.  I actually had to sit for awhile, and the other ladies in front of me and behind me held my place.  My knees just wouldn't take standing that long.  I couldn't believe all the people that showed up.  One of the nurses was saying how people are really worried this year about getting any flu, because of the swine flu scare, and that's why every other place in town has run out of the vaccines.  Anyway, and I didn't see this happen, but apparently, some guy cut to the front of the line, and they gave him a shot.  That's horse crap.  I can imagine that people who had been waiting for 2 and 3 hours wanted to kick his ass.  I sure would have wanted to. 

This morning I have to go get labs done.  Then I have to deal with all the government offices regarding my new job.  I don't look forward to it, but it has to be done.  You all have a good one.

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2009, 10:01:11 am »
Goodmorning.

Things are out of hand this year about the flu. I work at a hospital and they offer free flu shots for employees. Well, they ran out, so I was not able to get one. I don't always get one, but because of Lucas I had planned to get it. Lucas had his 3 year check up Sept 3. The doctor said he should get a flu shot but they hadn't arrived yet. She said they should be in within 2 weeks. Well I waited, but didn't hear anything so I called. I was told that the "gateway" (medical assistance) shots would arrive the beginning of October  ???. So again I waited. I called last week and was told again that the gateway shots still hadn't arrived. I reminded them that Lucas was covered by private insurance also. They scheduled him yesterday for his flu shot. All the toys were gone from the waiting room because so many have been sick they didn't want the toys to pass germs. When I signed in, there was a sign up that the gateway flu shots still had not arrived  >:(. Lucas got his flu shot because we have private insurance as well as MA. I'm glad Lucas was able to get his flu shot, but I was also pissed. Lucas is considered high risk because of his age and medical conditions. Yet if he was only covered by MA we would still be waiting  >:(  >:(  >:(. I've never seen such blatant disparity in care. What about all the other high risk kids who don't have double coverage? I pray that MA gets their asses moving soon and that the other children stay safe until then. 
Amy

Offline netta

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2009, 01:09:12 pm »
HI GIRLFRIENDS, What a week!!! I am feeling a lot better, been along time since I had been this sick with fever and couldn't get out the bed! thank god , I'm better, now everyone else in the house has been sick with the cough,my youngest grand is sick with cough and fever, sosre throat,might be the flu.
Hubby is sick and took a day off, daughter is coughing, but better andstill working, big grand is better after being sick last week with cough and flu.!!!
It is really going around!!! Well My caddy is not working and put me down, My dh thinks its needs a new battery , but the one I have is only 2 yrs old. we have tried jumping and everthing but it won't crank, now we are sharing the neon, ewehich isn't easy when I have a doc appointment, I have to drive him to work at 4;30 am!

MinMum- I am sorry you witnessed such a horrific accident, take time to heal, at least you helped save the little girl. God put you there for a reason! Glad the kids are so resilent. All those other accidents in one day???I would have went crazy!! hope YOu are able to sleep well now.

Camms- you lead a very intersting and exciting life :), I agree with the others, keep that drama out of your life, he seems to be a codependant jerk. NOT YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!

Betty- glad you like your job, this time last month you were depressed about finding a job, God works miricles!
NO 1 mom- Glad Lucas is ok,and got his flu shot! he is lucky to have a mom like you!
Queen- hang in there finding an apartment , I know its frustrating, something will come along soon.

I hope everyone else is fine , :-*have a good weekend!

My mom just called from N.Y and said that it snowed in parts of Jersey!!! and kid were making snowmen!!!! I have to call my sister who lives in Scotch Plains,NJ.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 01:11:22 pm by netta »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2009, 07:06:35 pm »
Ok, my memory is bad so I can't remember everything so I am going to start quoting. Cause sometimes I feel bad that I don't answer everyone. But most of the time it is because I can't remember who said what... :D

Yeah, I read about the boy and the balloon. Folks is pissed the day after thinking it was a hoax all along. It amazes what people will do now days. Anything for 15 minutes of fame. There's always some type of drama or bs jumping off somewhere.

Queen, I've found out, a long time ago, that with any government agency, you have to follow up, no matter what they say.  They're just not organized.  It's aggravating, especially when they say they're doing something, but they aren't.  I stay on 'em, and tell everyone to do the same.

Believe me, we have been staying on top of Section 8. But what pisses me off is that the worker I have now seems to be quite rude. Hung up on Papi when he was trying to find out my extension date. And she has no voice mail which is weird to me. The last worker did. So, I am wondering how the hell am I suppose to schedule a meeting with her after I find a place? I have called before and the damn phone just rings, that's how I know she doesn't have a voicemail or it's turned off. The day I did reach her, I must've been lucky. Though I did call early in the morning.

HI GIRLFRIENDS, What a week!!! I am feeling a lot better, been along time since I had been this sick with fever and couldn't get out the bed! thank god , I'm better, now everyone else in the house has been sick with the cough,my youngest grand is sick with cough and fever, sosre throat,might be the flu.
Hubby is sick and took a day off, daughter is coughing, but better andstill working, big grand is better after being sick last week with cough and flu.!!!
It is really going around!!! Well My caddy is not working and put me down, My dh thinks its needs a new battery , but the one I have is only 2 yrs old. we have tried jumping and everthing but it won't crank, .

My mom just called from N.Y and said that it snowed in parts of Jersey!!! and kid were making snowmen!!!! I have to call my sister who lives in Scotch Plains,NJ.

Ewww, keep that over there...j/k...I don't think I have ever suffered the full effects of the flu. One time after getting my shot I had a headache then hurled but that was it. This year is the first year I haven't gotten my flu shot. But I have a doc appointment coming up next month so I'll prolly get it then.

As for your battery, I think your husband is right. It sounds like to me that your battery may have a dead cell in it. And that will cause your battery to be dead regardless of how many times you jump it. Do you have an AutoZone in your area? They will check your battery for you when you bring it in. That's how I know about it.

There has been some storms jumping off for sure. I think more by the water not so much inland. But the inland has been getting a bit of rain. It is suppose to snow tonight but it's not going to stick. And then I think the weatherman was talking about it being in the 70's next week. It's definitely that type of weather that gets folks sick.

It really is something that whoever has not manufactured enough of the H1N1 flu shots considering that kids are dropping like flies. I think kids should have first priority, it doesn't seem like it is being treated that way. I think the number has gone up to like 43 kids now and the swine flu has now been seen in 41 states. Sorry #1 that you had to go through all that with Lucas about getting his shot. It sucks.

Tomorrow I am back on the grind to see 2 apartments. I saw one the other day and was not satisfied at all. First, we were told that it was a one bedroom. It was not, it was an efficiency had shabbily put together enough to pass Section 8. Or at least the guy said it would. The tenant still lived there when we saw it which didn't bother me but the overpowering smell of cat did. She only had one cat, folks. Though I remained polite, I was screaming inside my head....NEXT!!!!!

Have a good weekend, ladies.....

« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 07:09:42 pm by Queen Tokelove »
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2009, 07:45:07 am »
Morning all,

Amy, I don't like the fact either that children on assistance wouldn't be able to get a flu shot.  That's not fair.  That situation, were it happening in my town, would tempt me to write the paper about it, expressing my outrage.

Netta, I hope everyone starts feeling better.  Queen is the one to go to about cars here, she knows what she's talking about.  I hope the problem gets fixed, though.  New batteries aren't that expensive, are they?  I can't recall from when I got a battery in the last car I had. 

Queen, that's bullshit that that worker hung up on Papi.  I would want to report her to her supervisor.  I don't know if that would do any good or not, though.  It sounds terrible, the section 8 office there.  Sometimes, what I try to do with people in government offices, is to try to find out what their e-mail is, and communicate with them that way.  I know it's not always possible, and it's not like I have my Medicaid caseworker's e-mail; just a "maybe."  Like if you can ever get her business card, her e-mail may be on there. 

Well, I went to the social security office yesterday to find out how they want me to report my earnings.  The benefits counselor I spoke to a couple days ago said every office is different.  The man at social security I spoke to said that unless I make over $980/month, I don't have to report at all, that they know how much I make.  That just sounds too easy, so I may call the office Monday to check out what he said.  I don't want to end up being screwed.  The other offices were housing and welfare.  The lady at housing isn't going to be in until the 24th, so I left her a voicemail, and sent a letter.  The welfare caseworker said that when I get paid, just to bring in a copy of the paystub, and fill out their blue "change of circumstance" form. 

Today I have to do laundry, and go to the library.  This evening, my best friend is supposed to come over after she drops her son off at work, and we're going to go out to eat, and to see Michael Moore's movie, "Capitalism..."    Now, this may be insane-today's the day of the Notre Dame/USC game, so traffic will probaby be terrible at some point this evening.          I think that's it for now.  You all have a good one.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2009, 03:59:47 pm »
Hi GFs~

A little bummed today.  Cheech had some skin issues that were really flaring up, so I left work early yesterday and got him to the vet.  He is on antibiotics and I had to give him a bath today.  That was funny!  Every 4 days for two weeks I have to bathe him, but you know I will do anything for Cheech.

I also had labs done for Cheech and I received a message from the Vet today: "...Several changes, nothing too scary, but common things we see in old fellas."   She said she would call back Monday.  Well then I started thinking too much and crying to Cheech.  I mean, he's not dying, but he IS 15 yrs 9 mos and in remarkable shape for his age.  He's just always been here, even after my husband died of AIDS, even after I put Casie (at 14-1/2 yrs old) down in April 2007, Cheech has always been here.  *sigh*     :-\    :(

I am just getting too worked up, dammit.  I love my dog to the end of the earth and told him never to leave me until I had a good man.  Sheesh, I wish Cheech could just live forever.  Anyway.....

Camms~  As far as the ex A-hole, you owe him nothing.  Although for me personally, it would probably weigh on me if I knew I could help him possibly take the first step down a better road, and then did nothing.  That's all I would give him, though -- help taking that first step, one talk, one whatever and then no more.  You would have it off your conscience.  Even though there are certain people I don't like, I find it difficult to not be sympathetic or wanting to be helpful when they are in a bind.  The help only comes in small doses from me, cause the people are usually dumb asses who need to learn the crap for themselves, you know?

Mum~  So sorry to hear about you being at that accident scene.  All of the rain around here has been crazy.  I don't know what I would do if I was witness to an accident.  I am trained to do CPR but I think I would back away if someone was in danger, for my own safety.  I guess you never know what you're capable of until you're in it.  That was really brave of you to go up and help that kid out of the car.  I hope you feel better soon -- the emotional toll must be weighing heavy on you.

Betty~ Perhaps you could buy a tiny cooler and keep your things in them by your side at work.  Although someone may steal from there, too, unless you could put the cooler in a drawer.  There are the Playmate coolers which are big, about a foot long, but then there are these mini versions, maybe 6 inches long, which could fit in a desk drawer.  I've seen them at WalMart and they could fit lunch in there.  Might be worth looking into.  That sucks you had to wait so long for your flu shot.  I would've sat on the floor.

I wanted to ask all of you....Have you just gotten your seasonal flu shot?  Have any of you received your H1N1 vaccine yet as well?  I got my seasonal on 9/25 and expect to get the H1N1 by the end of the month.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 09:09:34 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline missy

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2009, 06:03:29 pm »
Hi Gfs sorry to hear so many of you have been under the weather. I have been so busy trying to get packed as I move in 2 weeks.

Cindy I have not been following the threads, should we be gettin an HIN1 shot? I guess I will call my ID doc and ask.  I had my regular Flu shot already at work. Hope Cheech is feeling better, I know if it was pup I would fell terrible.

Glad to hear Lucas is doing ok after the stiches.

Betty, good luck OH the new job.

Hang in there all. Mary

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2009, 07:21:47 am »
Cin, I sure hope everything settles with Cheech. I know how much you love that dog.     I do have a little cooler type lunch box that I'm going to take with me to work.  And I've got ice packs in the freezer, you know, those square solid ones.  I'm going to keep it under the desk.

Mary, two weeks, aye?  Good luck.

Nothing going on right now. I've been up for an hour and 1/2, so I may lay down for awhile.  Last night I went to see Michael Moore's movie, "Capitalism: A Love Story."  It was great.  I highly recommend it.  But, I'm a Michael Moore fan anyway.     Today I think I'm going to clean, and rest.  That's it for now.  You all have a good one.

Offline camille07

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2009, 10:56:06 am »
Good Morning Ladies-

I posted for a good 10 minutes yesterday and I lost eveything.  My pc just shut down. No gradation just "poof" and it was off. It's not even a year old.  I spent over 4 grand, but consider this....it's my work pc and I needed a high end computer so that I wouldn't have any problems  :-\  Dell is coming over on Tuesday to replace the mother board.  I'm working temporarilly on my old laptop which "double's the Ls" and is super slow.

Yesterday's post would have been different.  I was going with the thought that "no more manipullation and no more drama".  I know that he's in bad shape.  He's had the seizures in the last month, he is becoming resistant to everything, but it is his liver that is failing.  He's got all the classic signs of llater stages of cirrhosis and still tries to drink with the hep c.  But, if I didn't' meet him at the clinic and then something should happen to him then it would haunt me forever. 

Cin-  Cheech has been your "constant" since day 1.  I know the same for me with my jada.  She was with me through out the bad marriage, separation, poz factor, and divorce.  I brought her to the vet for a cyst and I was horrified thinking it was really serious.  It turned out to be a fatty cyst.  Don't watch Marley and Me.  You'll be blubbering on the couch and looking at cheech and blubbering
more.

Mum-  That is really awful and traumatizing to experience something like that.  Thankfully, you were there to assist with the child.  It's hard not to become emotionallly attached especially if you're not used to this, like if you were an emt.   A young girl, too, makes it all the worst.  At least you could joke later on.   That's how my dad dealt with all the death he saw as a firefighter in Jersey City.  But now there are still particular cases that remain forever impressed on his brain.

Betty-  I'm a fan of MM too.  I remember the early days of Roger and Me.  The only thing that bothers me about the concept of the most recent film is that it's the ugliness of Capitalism, according to his voice on Bill Maher.  However, he's making an awful lot of money from the film, like he has in the past.  Isn't he being a little hypocritical?  Hope you have a good start to your second week at the job.    Second week is always the best.  Though, I'm shocked that someone took your sandwich.  In the big picture of life it's not a deal.  But why the heck would something think "I'm gonna check out what's in the fridge today and see who has the tastiest looking sandwich for me.  Wt?

Queen good luck with the apartment search.  How did you like the two apartments you checked out? 

Netta- I'm glad you're feeling better.   Yes, I've heard that north west Jersey got snow which is unheard of this time of year.  It was bitterly cold yesterday and today isn't any better.

I think this thread's subtitle should be "When pigs fly and swine flew".  Lots of swine flu posts.  I will probably get my flu shot the next doctors visit.

Well hugs,

Camms

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2009, 12:08:13 pm »
Well, Camms,....I liked the one apartment but the messed up thing about it is that it was in an industrial area. Not close to the subway or any stores. So we called them and left a message saying I changed my mind and the reason for the change. The other one, we didn't go to because it would take 2 buses to get to it. I mean we were at the bus stop and everything. Just too far.

Other than that, will prolly go to the grocery store later. Watch a little football. Lately have been watching baseball, Papi is into it, to me it is just boring. The Yankees game went 16 innings last night but in the end, they won. I didn't stay up to see it. Papi told me.

Have a good day...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2009, 08:28:30 pm »
Just a quick post to tell Queen: NEW ORLEANS BEAT DOWN NASTY ON THE NY GIANTS!!!! :o ;D :-*

please note: I am NOT a football fan by any means.  I don't watch it, I don't understand it, I don't know teams, I don't WANT to know, either.  But, Hubby is from NO and Queen is in NY.  So, what the hey  :P

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2009, 10:15:57 pm »
Mum, Yeah that was a beatdown that New Orleans put on the Giants. I had to even laugh about it but I am a Dallas Cowboys fan. Though I am from Pa, I can't stand the Steelers. And I do believe we won today!!!!!! The Jets lost to Buffalo Bills too, that was a shocker. But my son will be happy since that is his team.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2009, 05:41:36 am »
Camms, about Michael Moore, well, I guess it's just natural that he makes money off his movies, being that they're in the theaters.  I just admire the fact that he's willing to expose situations and people for being what they are.  I did own the movie Sicko, but loaned it to someone, and of course never got it back.    About the sandwich, I guess the person wanted to make sure they had some food for later.  It is crazy, but that's how it goes sometimes working with the homeless or other marginal groups of people.  Please send good vibes that I can learn all the things I need to know on the computer, without myself or the pastor getting too aggravated.

Queen, heh, I'm a Chicago Cubs fan.  Have been from when I was a kid.  My older brother used to watch them all the time, so I was kind of raised on them.  And there's nothing like being at Wrigley Field.  Everyone's different, though.  I don't like football, mostly because I can hardly sit still for that long to watch something on t.v.   Also, I think because I never watched it in the past, I don't understand it, so that makes it hard to try to watch it.    I love your avvy.  I actually just heard on the radio last week about Marj Simpson being on the cover of Playboy. I guess it's the first time they've had a cartoon characater on their cover.  I think it's pretty cool.    Continued good luck trying to find a place.  I wouldn't want one that I'd have to walk a long ways to get anywhere either.  I hope you can find one that's close to transportation.  Do you usually use the subway to get around?

Mum, I don't understand football either, and luckily my cat doesn't like it, so I don't have to watch it.

Today I'm taking my lunchbox with ice packs in it, to put under my desk.  Now, if someone manages to get my sandwich today, I've got some problems. ;) 

Last night I watched this movie called "Adam Resurrected."  It was about a man who was a Holocaust survivor, and the mental illness he went through afterwards.  It was a very disturbing film.  I'm not sure if it's based on a real story or not, but I do recommend it, as long as people aren't spooked by erie movies.  I just mean it was disturbing when it came to showing the parts when he was in the death camp.                               I don't think there's anything else to report right now.  I'm calling my doctor's office today to see if they have the H1N1 vaccine there.  You all have a good one.

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2009, 05:08:27 pm »
Hi everyone,
Lucas had 2 appointments today. The first was with the cardiologist for his 6 mo checkup. They checked him out, did an EKG and said all looks great  ;D. The second was to have his stitches removed. He did great, no tears no moving. It was a little scary though, how packed the waiting room was with kids with flu symptoms. Also we had stopped at Ollie's to check for any bargains between doctor visits. The lady in front of us in line was buying some toys for her grandkids. All 3 have H1N1  :(.

Camms - You're a good caring person  :-*. I understand why you need to go with your ex for the one visit. Just be careful and don't let him drag you down.

Cin - I'm so sorry to hear cheech is having problems. I hope it all works out for him.

Mary - Good luck with the move.

Netta - I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better  :).

Betty - I hope you had lunch today  ;).

Take care everyone.

Amy
Amy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2009, 10:28:03 pm »
"Queen, heh, I'm a Chicago Cubs fan.  Have been from when I was a kid.  My older brother used to watch them all the time, so I was kind of raised on them.  And there's nothing like being at Wrigley Field.  Everyone's different, though.  I don't like football, mostly because I can hardly sit still for that long to watch something on t.v.   Also, I think because I never watched it in the past, I don't understand it, so that makes it hard to try to watch it.    I love your avvy.  I actually just heard on the radio last week about Marj Simpson being on the cover of Playboy. I guess it's the first time they've had a cartoon characater on their cover.  I think it's pretty cool.    Continued good luck trying to find a place.  I wouldn't want one that I'd have to walk a long ways to get anywhere either.  I hope you can find one that's close to transportation.  Do you usually use the subway to get around?"

Man, Idk, I just never could get into baseball. I remember my Dad took me to a Pirates game when I was younger. I couldn't stand it but the food was banging... ;D And I love eating peanuts in a shell. I am a big nut fanatic anyways. There's not any I don't like. Yeah, I saw the article on Yahoo about Marge being on the cover and I couldn't resist. I'll keep it up for awhile. Now they should put Homer on Playgirl.....*lmao* Yeah, I depend totally on the subway to get around here. I get a little sleepy on the train from the motion especially when the ride is about a half an hour,like going to Harlem.

Nothing eventful happened today. I babysat and did laundry....The End

6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2009, 10:59:28 pm »
Geezo Mum, I am so sorry, you and the kids had to witness that horrific accident.  I hope that you are able to get it out of your head so you can sleep now.  That is so sad, I can't imagine going through something like that so young.

BT- I like Michael Moore too, he is funny, I like the one he did on healthcare, was that the Sicko one?

Camille- I hope they can fix your computer for you, that must drive you crazy to be on your laptop.  What did you end up doing with your ex?  If anything, I think I would have gone to be of some support to his girlfriend, since you know first hand what hell she is going through right now.  What a nice guy your current BF is.

Queen- I love eating peanuts in a shell too.  I don't eat them much anymore because one of my sons is allergic.  I had some last week when I went to visit a friend and I woke up in the middle of the night, out of a sound sleep and threw them up.  It was really wierd.  I hope you can find an apartment soon that you like and is near transportation.

#1- Sounds like a Lucas had a good day.  I totally forgot I was supposed to send you the pics of the trains.  I will see if I can pm them to you.

Moon- I hope Cheech is OK, I know it is really scary when they get older.  I cried like a baby watching Marley and Me.  I am an only child and my dog was my best friend growing up.  I went to my 20th high school reunion last weekend and a girl I grew up, actually brought up my dog and how she loved her and thought she was cool, cuz she looked like she was smiling all the time.

Missy- The countdown is on, good luck with the move!!

Netta- I am glad you are feeling better!

My oldest has been sick. I took him to the doc yesterday and they said a lot of people have been coming down with what he has, and it was too early for the regular flu and thought it was the swine flu.  Scared the crap out of me, but I am doing better now, he is doing better now and I am crossing my fingers that the little ones don't get it.  I can't really remember what else I have been doing. I have been going on facebook to get my mind of all this crap, it kinda works, sometimes :-\
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2009, 05:41:02 am »
Hey ladies,

Amy, I'm glad Lucas' report from the cardiologist looked good.  Yesterday where I work, one of the guests who used my phone was coughing and stuffed up.  He showed me a prescription the doctor had given him, to find out if I knew if either of the meds he was prescribed would be free somewhere. One of the meds was Tamiflu.  Needless to say, I got some rubbing alcohol on a paper towel, and cleaned off the phone before I used it again. 

Queen, it's been so long since I've been to Wrigley Field to see the Cubs.  Last time was when I used to drink a lot. I just remember getting pretty smashed at the game.  Then afterwards, I had my brother stop every so often on the way home so I could pee.  That's one thing I always hated about beer-it made me pee a lot.  And yeah, they should get Homer for Playgirl.  Or that guy on The Simpsons who's the religious nut-isn't his name Ned Flanders? That would be cool.

Snow, I knew your little one would be feeling better.  I did see your other thread about it, and thought "aw, she's a good mom, he'll be alright."  I'll still keep you all in my thoughts. 

Yesterday, the pastor where I work told us about someone robbing the place (the church).  Apparently Friday, someone put some folded paper in the back doors, so they could get in the next day, and I guess when they came back in, they disabled the alarm system.  I don't know what all they took, but the pastor was pretty upset.  I guess she discovered this Sunday.  It's too bad that happened, when the church helps so many people.  We think we know who did it.  He's always there when something happens, and he's a crack addict, so that would totally explain things.  Still too bad, though.  And yeah, my lunch was there. ;D

I went to see my granddaughter play volleyball.  She's only in 4th grade, so she's still learning and practicing, but I guess she has fun.  I told her I didn't really like volleyball until I was in like 8th grade.  It was fun, though, to watch the kids play. 

I broke the baseboard on my bed.  My fat ass would always sit on the end of the bed when looking in the dresser for shirts, and move all around on it, and the boards between the two end baseboards broke.  One side of the bed is still alright, because it rests on a suitcase that has clothes in it.  But, the other end side goes down a bit.  So, I'm going to look for a good baseboard and headboard, since the frame is still alright.   I keep thinking I should start smoking again so I can lose some weight.                 I think that's about it for now.  You all have a good day.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.