Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:11:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 351
Total: 354

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: OK!!  (Read 3938 times)

Offline ohboy!504

OK!!
« on: August 13, 2009, 03:48:06 pm »
Hell all,

I found out I was POZ on JUNE 07, 2009, while at military duty with the Army National Guard, I went to my first appoint with the Dr. they drew all my labs, and i seen a social worker, a nurse educator and then had to wait 3 weeks for the labs to come back. I went to an appt. with the dr on last thursday and he tells me my resistance test had not come back it was just sent off on July 27, he said that I will need meds but he doesnt know what to start me on until the resistance test come back on top of all that he tells me I tested positive for sphyllis and I have to take these PCN shots three weeks in a row, which feels like a heard of horses have stampeed my ass. So on next week I finally find out what meds I will be taking....I have not cried yet or worried about what will hapen to me, I try and remain positive but I still have no clue as to what to do!!!! Is it normal for me to be as calm and patient as I have been with all of this waiting, someone help me out please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Im 25 y/o btw in new orleans.
Tested POZ- 06/07/2009
VL=264,228(08/20/2009) CD4=266- (08/20/2009)
Started Atripla (08/20/2009)
CD4=529(1/07/2009) VL=138(01/07/2009)
(Dont know my numbers inbetween this time)
CD4=610 VL=Undetectable (06/10/2010)

Offline webontheweb

Re: OK!!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 03:58:36 pm »
First breathe.  You will be okay.  you have a lot of reading and studying to do and there are people here to assist you.  It sounds like you are in very good medical hands so let them guide you to get started.  I always advise getting a mentor or HIV buddy to help you over the rought patches.

The knoweldge and love in these rooms and forums is incredible, draw from that strenghth.
Cheers- you will be okay!

Offline ohboy!504

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 04:04:27 pm »
Thanx, I did get a mentor and they told me it's always about me, they have been through this and I looked to them for guidance and they blew me off....so now i kinda feel alone again...the one person Itrusted with this information basically told me to get gone, LOL...but ill be fine I hope ???
Tested POZ- 06/07/2009
VL=264,228(08/20/2009) CD4=266- (08/20/2009)
Started Atripla (08/20/2009)
CD4=529(1/07/2009) VL=138(01/07/2009)
(Dont know my numbers inbetween this time)
CD4=610 VL=Undetectable (06/10/2010)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 08:53:06 pm »
...but ill be fine I hope ???

You WILL be fine, just allow yourself some time to process this.  You have come to a good place where you will find support, advice, good vibes, information, a good laugh even through hard times, and (as needed) a swift scolding every now and then from those with more experience ;D.  Stick around 'cause here you will not be abandoned.

Make sure to take good care of yourself.  

A Big Hug,

M.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline missy

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 09:11:53 pm »
Hang in there.  You are not alone here, hang around long enough and you will find out everything you ever wanted to know about being POZ. Just ask and remember there are no dumb questions. You will get lots of good information from some very knowledgeable people.

Thinking about you. Mary

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.