Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:32:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 430
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 435
Total: 435

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Messed up for the last time  (Read 22705 times)

Offline messedupboy323

Messed up for the last time
« on: July 08, 2006, 01:29:00 pm »
Let me thanck all of you for this has been real hard on me.

im a 20 year old male . I have recently tested negative for hiv first at 10 weeks  and then at 13 weeks. That should of been the ebd of it but a coule weeks ago i had protected sex with a prostitute the condom was on but it was dark and it didint apper to have any holes. now im worried it had holes . should i re-test for hiv.  if it had holes would it have been ovbius.

thanck u for ur help in advance

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: sacred and worried
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 01:31:36 pm »
You had protected sex. There is no risk for HIV in protected sex. I submit that the worry about holes is more due to your guilt than any foundation in reality.

You did not need to test at all for protected sex. Your test at 13 weeks is absolutely definitive, as was your earlier test.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 01:35:16 pm »
thanck jkinatl since i have a fiance and dodnt want to put her in any danger and i feel bad becaused shes been talking about having children

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 01:19:16 pm »
sorry ann about the new thread since i am new at using the computer . but what do you thinck about the recent post

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 03:34:08 pm »
Andy Can you please Help Since i have been real scared.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 03:37:28 pm »
What more is there to say, than you are conclusively NEGATIVE?

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 03:41:11 pm »
thanck you rod for answering but didi you read my second thred that reads  "worried again reasure me"

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 03:46:09 pm »
Yes I read all of your threads. You are the one that is worrying yourself over something you don't have. I have my doubts that you'll be able to quit worrying until you see a mental health professional. So if you are unable to go on with your life seek out the proper help.

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 03:49:59 pm »
Thanck you rod for your ansering and your comical replies since all of you do such a good job with helping people with there fears and i will put to rest this and hopefully in a couple a months my girlfriend will go thru with the baby plans since it will be my first child thanck you once again.

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 04:20:07 pm »
does anybody know if they test for hiv during pregnancy

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 04:47:58 pm »
Ask your GYN. You'll know if they do, because you have to have a permission paper signed for them to do it.

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 08:07:36 pm »
is there any motive from what ive posted to tell my fiance to test for hiv during pregnancy

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 08:17:23 pm »
I don't know why she should test unless she wasn't faithful and had unprotected vaginal or anal sex with someone other than you. You can't give her something that you don't have. You had protected sex. Period..

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 07:56:12 pm »
how come some countrys require a six month waiting period for hiv testing and in the us the cdc has a  month window period

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2006, 08:36:02 pm »
i was just making sure of my test days and my last hiv test was about the 12 week mark is that good enough or should i test just one more time

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 08:42:02 pm »
12 weeks is good enough.

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 08:51:59 pm »
even for an oraquick oral hiv test

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 09:03:31 pm »
Even with the oraquick test.

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 09:07:08 pm »
thanck you rod since i have to read my thread almost every day to control myself from going crazy since this hiv situation is very scary and i look up to the people who are fighting this virus and and prey they find a cure.

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2006, 04:57:48 pm »
hey rod i have a friend in the position that im in.He  had 2 episodes of protected oral and vaginal with 2 seperate prostitutes should he test for hiv. oh hes tested before.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2006, 05:02:58 pm »
Why couldn't you answer that question for him? You've been here long enough. Like we told you PROTECTED is PROTECTED. Isn't that what we've trying to get you to understand?

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2006, 05:05:26 pm »
thanck you rod i did but i just wanted to double check with you.

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2006, 05:15:53 pm »
i live in los angeles california are all tests in the us 1st generation test my tests were oraquick advance 1&2 were they run a swab thru your gums and then put it on a solution and in 20 min. they give you your result.

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2006, 07:11:27 pm »
Ann can u answer my questions

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2006, 07:13:53 pm »
Mess,

Neither you nor your friend had a risk of hiv infection. Condoms have been proven to be very effective when it comes to hiv prevention.

Keep using those condoms and you will continue to avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2006, 07:15:44 pm »
after having alot of protected sex when should you test for hiv. and thanck you ann.

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2006, 07:20:57 pm »
and is 60 day negative result and 80 day negative result good enough or should i retest

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2006, 07:26:09 pm »
Mess,

Since you had protected sex your negative results are reliable. That said . . .

We recommend that sexually active people should have a full STD screen at least twice a year. Think of it as servicing your sexy parts in the same way that you would have your car serviced to keep it in peak running condition.

A full STD screen involves testing for infections like gonorrhoea, chlamydia, syphilis as well as HIV. A genital examination is also performed to check for any signs of things like HPV (genital warts) and genital herpes. Also, your doctor or clinic might test to see if you've been vaccinated for Hepatitis B. If you've not been vaccinated for Hep B then you should be.

You should note that I'm not giving you an exhaustive list of the various STD's your doctor or clinic might test for. That will vary from place to place around the world.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2006, 07:34:34 pm »
mess,

You should test for all STIs at least once a year.

You don't need further testing over the incident you brought to us as it was not an hiv risk situation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2006, 07:47:03 pm »
so ann lets say hopefully not but lets say i had protected sex again with anybody i wouldent need testing.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2006, 07:51:30 pm »
Messed,

Once again, Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Responsible, sexually active adults have routine sexual health care check-ups regardless of condom use. Think of it like going to the dentist. You still need regular dental check ups if you always brush your teeth and it's the same for your sexual health even if you always use condoms.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2006, 08:11:34 pm »
thanck you ann since with my girlfriend talking about having a baby and me starting a bussness this has been real scary and im going to learn from this and try to move on. Thanck you ann

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2006, 10:41:53 pm »
 Hi im back because i sence some of you guys dont know my whole story . First in march i had protected sex with a prostitute where tords the end the condom might have slipped and i could of been exposed about two minutes give or take. i tested for hiv first at 60 days of exposure and then at about 81 days of exposure (i cant determine excactly my exposure date since i was real scared and forgot but i give a good estimate) via oraquick advance 1 &2. since then i have had two episodes of protected oral and vaginal sex with 2 prostitutes. I dont understand why i do these things and im still a little sacred. I have a wonderfull fiance who i love dearly and dont want to put her in this situation.I have learn from this and hopefully someone can give me some advice about my situtation.

Thanck you in advance.

ps     Im a 20 year old male from los angeles california and i am overweight if it maters . No daibetes or problems with my immune system.

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2006, 10:44:35 pm »
and from waht i just posted should i retest for hiv before having sex with my fiance.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2006, 09:20:53 am »
We did understand that you said "slipped." You didn't say that you had unprotected sex. Now if you have a weight problem then work on it. You don't have an HIV concern.

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2006, 08:24:51 pm »
well im back with anew worry since ,y last post my girlfriend has develope diehrria and this strange small red bumps all over her chest and arms she says they  itch . Do you guys thinck its hiv related or an std.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2006, 09:08:43 pm »
If she has an HIV infection, she didn't get it from you. You can't give her something you don't have.

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2006, 08:25:41 pm »
but do those symptoms lead you to suspect that its hiv related. And i know shes being faithfull.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2006, 08:35:13 pm »
Nope not at all. If she is having symptoms she needs to see a doctor if she deems necessary.

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2006, 09:01:15 pm »
should she just see a dermatalagist or get an hiv test. waht should we do rod

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2006, 09:04:07 pm »
Why on earth should she get an HIV test? You weren't at risk.

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2006, 09:07:35 pm »
thanck you rod. that eases my fears.

Offline messedupboy323

worried again
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2006, 08:59:30 pm »
im a 20 year old male from los angeles in march of this year i had an encounter with a prostitute were we were having protected vaginal sex when the slipped off in the heat of the moment instead of buying another i just put on the same one and finished when i pulled off i wasant wearing the condom. i knew tis was a risk so i tested 60 days after via oraquivk negative result and then at 80 days via oraquick negative. that should of been the end of it but since then i have sleeped with four more prostitutes 2 of them were protected oral and vaginal sex, another was protected oral sex and the last was unprotected oral sex. i am worried because i have a fiance of 4 years and recently were gonna move in together and share a home. and we have unprotected sex all the time since were trying to have baby. both of tested for hiv prior to having unprotrected sex about 3 1/2 years ago.should i stop having unprotected sex with my fiance. and get  tested for hiv . i deeply rgret my actions and have been depressed.can someone please help me.    shoul i retest.

Offline RapidRod

Re: worried again
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2006, 09:03:58 pm »
Please put all your questions or thoughts in your orginal thread.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2006, 09:08:57 pm »
mess,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection and getting a blowjob - with or without a condom - is not a risk for hiv infection. You haven't had a risk.

What you do with your girlfriend is up to you. You have to find your own level of comfort. All we can do is give you the facts surrounding transmission and testing, which you have been given repeatedly since last July.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2006, 09:09:12 pm »
sorry rod  i totally forgot because im real nervous what do you thinck of my post

Offline messedupboy323

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2006, 09:11:04 pm »
so  testing is not necessery

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2006, 09:14:32 pm »
Do you need to test? NO. I believed you regreated the first time but I don't buy your regreat this time around. I really hope she knows so if you do contract something she has choice.

Offline messedupboy323

Messed up for the last time
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2007, 03:15:58 am »
recently after trying to put me and my fiance life in focus. I slipped and encountered another sex worker we used a condom first it started with oral and then doggy style all this time regreting this so becaused of the regretfullness my penis went back to its normal size i tryied to get the girl off me but she wanted to keep going so she laid on top of me all with my penis on its normal size but with the condom on then i just told her to get off. the condom was on but during the changing of positions when i would move i would hold the condom but sometimes i wasnt filling the condom until i layed down i would fill the condom again. do you thinck i should test for hiv for this situation i regret this very much since me and fiance are trying to have a baby am gonna have to man up and stop putting my fiance and me in this situations.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Messed up for the last time
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2007, 03:34:33 am »
I don't see a risk here.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.