Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:25:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 332
Total: 333

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 4 weeks strong  (Read 7303 times)

Offline soulfly

4 weeks strong
« on: November 10, 2006, 06:26:26 pm »
Hey everyone...

I just tested poz 4 weeks ago..And allmost felt it was the end of the world..I cant even describe how numb i felt and lost..After crying for a day or two i made an appointment to see my doctor and find out what i had to do and get it confirmed. I felt like part of me was rotten and i would be alone forever now..i went and got my count a week later ( T-480...viral-15,900)..i was happy to see my cells where good but my load is high.I guess the first test is kind of a toss up?  the good part is i don't have to start on meds right away but i have to wait 6 months to really know. i don't know if there can be a drastic change between then and now and I'm alittle worried.I don't have any support but myself and its very lonely when you don't have anyone to hold you and tell you its going to be ok...It feels good writing this post and I'm glad and not glad to be here.
ImPlIcAtE
         OrDeR!!!
consciousness perverses all meaning..

Offline RapidRod

Re: 4 weeks strong
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 06:42:42 pm »
Your numbers aren't bad at all. Just wait out two more blood draws to see where you stand. You'll have a better understanding of your numbers at that time.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 06:57:47 pm »
Hey Soulfly,

It is unfortunate that you have tested positive with HIV. However, it is good that you DO know now so that you can take action with your health. Being positive tends to create some inner anxieties that our mind tends to get carried away with unless you comfort it and reassure it. Rod is correct when it comes to getting additional tests to see where you stand.

I wish to extend to you a warm WELCOME here at the forums. Here you will find the encouragement, communication, understanding, support, some cries, some laughter, and many of your questions relating to HIV/AIDS answered.

We have a great group of Real people who will listen as well as answer you. We are here to encourage one another and to learn from each other.

Talking to other people helps us see that we are not the only ones with problems. Feel free to come and vent with whatever is on your mind from time-to-time as it is highly therapeutic.

In the interim, you may want to start taking a multi-vitamin, Omega 3 and eat a diet high in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, and low-fat dairy and avoid processed foods, saturated and trans fats. This will also help you maintain a healthy weight.

Exercise at least three times per week for a minimum of 30 minutes.

Make the BEST of each Day!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 10:03:38 am »
Soul, this is still very, very new to you. The feelings you've been having are very familiar and shared by many before you, for whatever comfort that might be to you.

You're not going to suddenly fall through a black hole. Your doctor is going to be monitoring your numbers, which is exactly the right thing. Developing a good working partnership with your doctor is one of the most important things you can do to insure staying healthy.

Gradually you're going to learn everything you need to know and before long you may surprise yourself as you begin to lend support to others. Right now you need to give yourself time to get adjusted to having HIV in your personal life. What seems enormous and even overwhelming now is gradually going to subside into a more manageable aspect of your life. Really.

Read the lessons on this site if you haven't already done so -- particularly the ones about recently testing positive, starting meds and disclosure issues. I think you'll find some useful information there.

You're always welcome here to ask questions or to discuss anything that's on your mind.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline BigPlans

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 06:55:15 am »
Hey Soulfly,
It was good to read your post.  I just tested positive about 6 weeks ago and have been freaking out as well.  Just reading that I wasn't the only person feeling shock and numbness was a comfort.  I'm still struggling with coming to grips with all this - it seems like I can't stop thinking about it - but am hoping from all the good things I keep hearing that I'll be able to get some mental rest soon.  I just found this site the other day, so I don't quite know how things work.  If you'd like to contact someone else who is the same new position that  you find yourself in, please do. 
All the Best!
BigPlans

Offline PositivelyYours

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 05:50:04 pm »
Hello Soufly,

First, I would like to welcome you to the forum.  Here you will find a myriad of information on HIV/AIDS. It is unfortunate that you tested positive but very fortunate that you found this site.  I too experience the same feelings you are currently having.  I tested positive on August 10, 2006.  I had my first labwork done on August 31st and my second set of labs done on Sept 12th and yesterday (November 16th) - I had my third set of labs done.  Yes, this whole HIV thing is scary, but you have to remain positve in your thinking.  Don't use unnecessary energy focusing on this little bug that lives amongst us.  Instead, try to read and learn as much as you can about the illness and its effects.  As I said before, I have my third office visit with my ID doctor on yesterday and I feel pretty good.  I mean you will have your days when you are tired and you feel sick to your stomach but that's apart the new life you will have to adjust too.  It is believed that I may have been positive for more than 10 yrs before my status was actually confirmed.  I just want to encourage you to keep doing as you have always done.  Life will not change because of your status - You will just need to change the way you look at life.  Much Love and I wish you all the best!!

PositivelyYours
PositivelyYours

Diagnosed: 08/10/2006
08/31/06 CD4:240/VL:39,000
09/12/06 CD4:359/VL:50,000
11/16/06 CD4:509/VL:76,000 (Flu Shot)
02/13/07 CD4:270/VL:69,000
02/17/07 Developed the Shingles
02/20/07 CD4:326/VL (Not Tested)
03/20/07 CD4:484/VL:54,000
06/19/07 CD4:488/VL:51,000
09/18/07 CD4:372/VL:27,000
10/09/07 Took Flu Shot
12/18/07 CD4:408/VL:85,000
03/18/08 CD4:394/VL:116,000 (Still No Meds)
05/22/08 CD4:412/VL:63,000
08/13/08 CD4:362/VL:67,000
09/23/08 Took Flu Shot
10/15/08 CD4:340/VL:54,000
11/14/08 Started Atripla @ 9:45 p.m.
1/30/09 CD4:641/VL:<48 Copies
5/07/09 CD4:667/VL: Undetectable
12/02/09 CD4:759/VL: Undetectable
03/05/10 CD4:537/VL: Undetectable
03/16/10 Rec'd TB Skin Test, Pneumonia & Hep B Vac
04/15/10 Hep B & Tetanus Vac
6/10 CD4: 748 VL: Undet.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 06:28:12 pm »
Hello Soulfly,

Welcome to the forums. Sorry you had to join us, but you have found a great place for support and knowledge on how to live with HIV.

Everyone of us have gone through so many emotions when we found out that we were HIV positive. I found out in 1985. It's kind of hard for me to remember everything back 21 years ago, but there was anger, shame guilt fear, you name it, I think I went through every emotion possible. I spent my first year after diagnosis, sitting on a bar stool, and staying drunk most of the time. Did that for about a year, until I came to my senses !! At that time little was known, there were no medications available. AZT was just coming into the picture. Since that time, there are now ( I believe 24 or so medications) available to treat HIV.

Your numbers look good and you may not have to start on medications right away. All the emotions that you are going through, are quite normal, and things will eventually settle down for you. You may not believe that right now, but it will settle down.

Make sure to check out the lessons portion of the site. You don't have to take everything in, in 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months. Take your time, you will have plenty of it. Just ask questions when you have them, the more informed you are, the better it will be for you.

Make sure to check out the other forums also. Learn what you can do to take better care of yourself through diet and nutrition/ Vitamins and supplements.

http://www.aidsmeds.com/lessons/StartHere1.htm

http://www.aidsmeds.com/lessons/Nutrition1.htm

Stay in touch/ Keep posting- things will work out----------Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.