Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:06:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773291
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 710
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 678
Total: 678

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: 9 weeks negative test but low testosterone and long list of symptoms  (Read 2937 times)

Offline Worriedswan

• Standard
I am a 25 year old fit athletic (gym 5 times a week) British male. had an exposure on the 29th of July with a private female sex worker who says she is from Portugal. I received unprotected oral sex from her and we deep kissed with tongues. She had a tongue piercing.
While she was performing oral sex on me It worked at first and felt completely normal but after a short period I  very suddenly stopped being able to get an erection at all, it was a half hour session I only used 20 minutes and left I satisfied thinking nothing of it when I got home I brushed my teeth and felt an ulcer like feeling near my back lower teeth it disappeared within a day. The day after I noticed sort of a cross between an Ingrowing hair and an ulcer on the shaft of my penis. I burst it and a small amount of fluid came out much like a spot or ingrown hair but it seemed to heal over itself and it was very hard. I get a lot of Ingrowing hairs and this seemed quite different.

A week later I started to notice that my erections we’re not as solid as they were before. They were still there but just did not feel as strong and I didn’t have the same enjoyment from sex/masturbaion. The sensation was muted somewhat. Again I thought maybe I will just give myself a break and everything will be raring to go again. Over the next couple of weeks this did not recover and I could feel my libido depleting. (I have never had any sexual difficulty before this and have always had a high libido and been able to perform sex for hours at a time) also I started developing stomache pains in the evenings.

I focused on myself. Went to the gym and started finding that my body was not recovering from gym sessions as normal and my muscle soreness was lasting 3 to four times longer than it normally would.
Also I went to a friends birhday part and had a few drinks. When I woke up the next day I had bad pain in the opposite side of my mouth that had the sore on originally. It was more like a jaw pain it was intense and I was struggling to open my mouth to eat. This lasted maybe 4 days.

On the morning of Sunday 19th August I woke up feeling almost as if I had a hangover. I jumped in my car to go to work and had a runny nose and was confused how I had caught a cold while I was asleep on a very warm summers weekend.  Again I thought nothing of it and continued on to work. I got through about 2 hours of my shift and started feeling nautious. Went to the toilet for a time out and came back to my desk feeling dizzy and sick and feverish. I went home sick.

That night I was extremely sweaty and dizzy and began to develop a white tongue. I also realised I could not get an eretion AT ALL and my facial hair felt different it felt flacks and lifeless. Struggles sleeping with very bad fever symptoms headaches, white tongue and extremely sweaty and chills.

I did some research and though I better get tested. Went to sexual health clinic the next day which would have been 3 weeks since exposure and they performed a 4th gen test which came back negative. They advised they would run another at 4 weeks and a final at 12.

My symptoms had no improvement over the next couple of days and I developed a second sore/Ingrowing hair around my pubic area. Increased urination, diarrhoea, aching joints (right knee was extremely stiff and test of joint and muscles aching 2) I was struggling to walk as It felt like peripheral neuropathy in my hands and feet, they are very sensitive and would hurt if I stood on any kind of uneven ground. And I would get pins and needles in my hands and feet, me feet would also be very cold but my body very sweaty.

I went for my 4 week 4th gen nhs clinic test and this came back negative also. I also tested negative for syphilis herpes (from swab of sore) gonnkrhea and chlamydia.
I decided to go to my GP to see what else it could be other than hiv. The doc said It was stress.
My 2 sores disappeared each after around 4 days of them surfacing

I went home and tried to put it behind me. I did not see much improvements in my symptoms and I was feeling extreme fatigue constantly. Sleeping for 11 hours a day and struggling to get out of bed, bowel movements were loose and frequent and my body hair and face hair was growing extremely slowly and I could get an erection again but it was hard to maintain and my libido was zero and penis sensation was muted still. I remember 2 short occasions of having pain in my testicles during this period where it felt like I had a rubber band around 1 of the testicles. It happened once on each side and never since. and I was struggling emptying my bladder

I went back to doctors and saw a different GP. they said I definately had oral thrush. And prescribed me nystatin and also antibiotics incase I had epididymitis. I also have slightly reddened head of penis which has sometimes during this period had white flakey skin. I am circumcised so has not been particularly bad and has not been diagnosed as anything but it is unusual behaviour from my penis.

Due to my hair and libido and energy symptoms. I requested a testosterone test.
THE RESULT CAME BACK AT 3Nmol/L which is extremely low. So I believe I have developed hypogonadism. This test was performed at mid day so they wanted to run another test at 9am when test should be at its highest. Test was repeated and came back at 9.9Nmol/L which is higher but still very low as I should expect around 30Nmol/L at my age and fitness even an 80 year old would expect 15Nmol/L. I knew that this was the reason for me ED
The doctor still believed that these symptoms are down to stress and that she did not want to refer me for TRT as she believes I will conclusively test negative at my 12 week test due to the low risk nature of my exposure (oral/deep kissing) and that after that I will begin to regain back to full health. (I DEFINATELY DID NOT HAVE A TESTOSTERONE PROBLEM BEFORE THIS EVENT.

All my other blood levels and function levels have come back fine and I had a CRP And ESR test for inflammation that also came back completely fine.

I contacted the sex worker by text to th and get some info. I discovered that she has since had her tongue piercing removed (I could not get a reason out of her as to why this has happened) and also  she has denied having HIV or any diseases.

I have performed a further 4th generation test bought online and sent to lab at 7 weeks which came back negative and ran a 3rd gen rapid test yesterday at 9 weeks which also came back negative and am also awaiting results of a 9 week 4th gen online bought lab test as we speak.

My symptoms have only improved very marginally over the last couple of weeks I am still a mess and can feel my testosterone is at the same level it has been since this started. I am nautious dizzy and confused and ache a lot and have extreme fatigue and my tongue is still white. I do not get spontaneous erections. I still have night sweats. Have low libido and desire for life.  I also have an Itchy anus and IBS symptoms (pain and diarrhoea and even muccousy substance in my poop)

I understand that I had a very low risk exposure and that I am still testing negative so my questions are.

Am I crazy still believing that I am positive and will show up positive on my 12 week test on October 24th?

What other options are there for what this could be as I have tested negative for all STI’s so far I am beginning to think it may not be HIV but can not understand what is going on with me?

Is anyone buying that the stress is what’s causing all of this? I have no history of poor mental health, I believe I am a still strong in the mind and I have a great life outside of this happening to me which I want to get back to and enjoy. I am normally extremely fit and healthy and energetic and full of life and I am desperate to get back to enjoying my normal life but can not as I simply do not have the energy due to my low tes

Is it likely my low testosterone will go back to normal gradually if I do test negative at 12 weeks?

I feel like all these symptoms must have a deeper explanation than the throw away “it’s stress” diagnosis as they began gradually before I was stressed about any of it. I need some sort of reassurance as to what is going on with me

Sorry this is such a long post. I appreciate any responses, again I am aware of how extremely “low risk” my exposure is supposed to be. I hope to update you guys on how this pans out. Thanks

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: 9 weeks negative test but low testosterone and long list of symptoms
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 03:14:38 pm »
I received unprotected oral sex from her and we deep kissed with tongues.

Hi

You had no HIV exposure from this encounter. You tested (not needed) and the result was negative as expected and your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV.

Now this is a risk assessment service, I do hope you feel better soon and I would advice you to continue to work with your doctor.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider starting PrEP as an addtional layer of protection against HIV

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature to our POZ pages, this includes information on HIV Testing

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Worriedswan

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 08:47:52 pm »
Turns out not HIV. Looks like it’s a cancerous strain of HPV instead that is infecting the hell out of me. Never felt so bad in all my life. Worst 3 months of my life and it’s not getting better.
THROAT is infected
ANUS infected
PENIS infected
TESTOSTERONE LOW
balls infected

FEVER AND EXTREME FATIGUE AND DEPRESSION

I wonder how many of the people on here certain they have HIV actually have HPV?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 04:10:25 am »
Hiya

No surprise, as you had no HIV exposure from this encounter. You tested (not needed) and the result was negative as expected and your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV.

Now this is a HIV risk assessment service, my only comment on HPV would be that its the most common STI under adults worldwide regardless of HIV status.

HPV is far easier to acquire, its contagious through even skin to skin contact, thankfully HIV is not transmitted this way.

Hope you feel better soon, but we can't assist you with HPV questions, this is a HIV forum. I do hope you feel better soon and I would recommend you continue to work with your doctor regarding the HPV

Jim
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 04:20:15 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.