Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:54:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773293
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 688
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 648
Total: 648

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Need Guidance to say yahooooo  (Read 6088 times)

Offline blunder

Need Guidance to say yahooooo
« on: January 12, 2008, 07:59:02 pm »
After having a exposure to Protected Vaginal Sex with a unprotected oral sex (She giving me hand Job only) with a sex worker in India, I had innumerable symptoms all counting to HIV. The episode lasted for 1 hour altogether. Till now i had 3 HIV tests (All for HIV1/HIV2 antibodies). One at 5, 10 and 15 weeks. I had an complete STD screening at 9 weeks with all Negative for Hep B, Gonorrhea and chlamydia. Here, the doctor says to come back again at 6 months for the HIV test and asks me to go for one more Hep B test. He says Hep B window period is up to 3 months and Co-Infection with Hep B may delay the HIV window period.
He says me to go for Hep B because of my recent blood test which had slight Liver Function Abnormal i.e LFT but with normal RBC's and WBC count .(suggesting no infection to my knowledge).
Now i am at 5 months and still worried. I am straight, Non Drug User and learned from my mistake.
My Questions are:-
1) Do i need to go for one more Hep B test.
2)If tested positive for Hep B, Do i need one more HIV test at 6 months (Very Nervous)
3)Am i late sero converter as CDC says only 97 % test positive at 3 months.
A very wonderful site and Thanks in advance.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Need Guidance to say yahooooo
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 08:22:59 pm »
Co-infection with HBV does not extend the HIV window period. You do not need to test further. You don't have HIV infection.

In fact you were never at risk of HIV infection in the first place. Protected sex is just that, protected. Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and follow the links to our Lessons to learn more about how HIV is and is not transmitted.

MtD

Offline blunder

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 08:31:55 pm »
Thank you Matty. Very Helpful.
1) Is it possible to know, about the people who Sero-Convert late.
2) I know this question sounds weird and not related to HIV. But if you could answer, it will relieve me of my stress to some extent. After 9 weeks of Hep B negative, is there any chance of turning positive now at 5 months. Tomorrow i am going for Hep B testing, Just need an advice pleaseeee.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 08:38:19 pm »
I'll answer your second question first by noting that we are an HIV website. You should speak to your doctor about your HBV concerns.

Is it possible to know, about the people who Sero-Convert late.

Only a tiny number of people seroconvert after the 13 week window period. These people include those who are receiving immuno-suppressive therapy following transplant procedures, cancer patients receiving certain sorts of potent chemotherapy and some long term injecting drug users.

Essentially if you were a late sero-converter, you and your doctor(s) would know it.

Your HIV test results are conclusive, you do not have HIV infection.

MtD

Offline blunder

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 08:43:57 pm »
Thank you Matty. I took Neurofen Liquid capsules (Antibiotics) for a week to relieve my pains before 10th and 15th test. Will it effect my results. Last question and No more again. Thank you

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 08:47:19 pm »
Neurofen is not an anti-biotic, it's an anti-inflammatory also known as ibuprofen. Using it will have no effect on the outcome of your test results.

MtD

Offline blunder

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 03:37:19 pm »
Hi Everybody,

I had my blood test yesterday and it came out clean. Can i Say now i am 110% free from HIV, although i have some symptoms. I have no more energy to give any more blood to test//and havent got savings aswell to do test.  I only test missing was for herpes, which my doctor cancelled as he sees no reason for me test with my recent blood report.
My Question is:-
1) Can my marry now--Considering the STI??
2)Can i consider 110% free of HIV??
3) Is there any other test to do??

Thank you.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 03:41:44 pm »
I had my blood test yesterday and it came out clean.

Please don't use terms like "clean" to refer to HIV status. It implies that those of us who are HIV positive are in some way dirty. I'm HIV positive and I object to be referred to as dirty. It's offensive.

As I have told you previously, you are HIV negative. You do not require any further testing. It's time for you to move on.

MtD

Offline blunder

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 03:54:16 pm »
Hi Matty,

I am really really sorry dude. I have no wrong intention in any way and i am soory to use the word. I used it unintentionally and appolize for it.
Thank you for the advice mate.

Thank you.

Offline blunder

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 05:21:32 pm »
Hi,

Can anybody please let me know--whether its safe to take Viral Load Test to get 110% confirmation of HIV status. I just looked into net, saying -few people dosn't test positive at all , with the antibodies test.  Please guide me--i have 15th week HIV Negative but still feel stressed. I just want to put this behind me and move on.

Thank you.

Offline blunder

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 05:42:31 pm »
Can Somebody please guide me--Please

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 05:59:44 pm »
  A viral load test is not used to confirm your status. It's a test used to monitor those that are infected with HIV. You'll need to take a Western Blot or an approved comparative test to confirm your test result.

Offline blunder

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 06:10:30 pm »
Thank you RapidRod,

Do i need to take WB eventhough i had a negative antibody test at 15 weeks. I just got panicked seeing a profile of a person who claims, he had seroconverted after 1 year. Is it true?? I am engaged now and marrying in March. What test do i need to take ro be 110% confident.
Thank you,
Rapid,

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 06:19:36 pm »
Feeling stressed is totally irrelevant in relation to this issue. You were never at risk for HIV in the incident which brought you here. You used a condom. They provide very effective protection. So no risk there. And the other things you did were absolutely no risk for HIV transmission.

Plus now you have reliably tested negative anyway so the whole question is irrelevant. You don't need any more testing for HIV. Period. End of story.

Just because you may continue to feel guilty and anxious doesn't mean you have a legitimate concern about HIV. And at this point you've been told that quite clearly. If you can't let go of worrying -- well, that's a separate issue of guilt and whatever which we can't help you with here.

I can tell you that if you continue to come back with more handwringing and asking about testing, etc., you're going to end up getting a time out.

THIS IS NOT AN HIV situation. Get it?  And you don't need to take any more tests to prove what we already know -- you're HIV negative. 
Andy Velez

Offline blunder

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 06:25:17 pm »
Thank you Andy. I shall put this behind. It might be the guilt that is causing all this stuff. I shall try to forget and remain calm. Never been to CSW in my whole life and i cant belive myself- I been there after advising all my frnds not to go--for whole of my life. This has been a learning incident and thank you for all the wonderful work, you people do here.

Thank you Everybody. I am out of the Site. It has been a useful conversation. Thank you

Offline blunder

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 05:44:38 pm »
Hello Everybody,

Thank you very much for the support i got from this forum during my dark days in Life. Its been 6 months now after the exposure. I heard about the HIV-O and N type that cant be detectable by test. The reason for me to ask, I am planning to get married in couple of months and i want to be absolutly sure of my HIV status befoe getting married. As you all know, I have done around 10 HIV tests (ELISA/HIV DUO/RAPID) and all came back negative upto 5 month mark. The only symptoms i have now are the muscle pains and light headed which have become part of my life now.
Can i be absolutly sure of my HIV status now or do i need a DNA test to detect all the HIV subtypes. Please support for the last time.

Once again thank you

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 06:16:31 pm »
You do not need to test anymore..you are HIV negative as you have already been told by the experts here ...it's time to move on now.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline blunder

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 06:24:18 pm »
Yes--I guessed so--Thank you Ann--Right back on the track to move on--Just a small information--Is there any type like HIV-O or N i.e. not detectable to test. Thank you for taking time.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 06:36:36 pm »
Blunder, the test you took covered everything it needed to in relation to HIV.

Read this slowly and over again if you need to. You are HIV negative. End of story.

You have absolutely no reason in HIV-science to be further concerned. I trust I am coming through loud and clear.

Get on with your life and your wedding. 
Andy Velez

Offline blunder

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 06:41:48 pm »
Andy, I got the news, for which i was waiting to hear before getting married. I believe in you all and i shall get married. Thank you very much. It's been pleasure taking to you and for the help you do- to all the Worried Wells.
Thank you and I am out of the site once for all.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2008, 10:07:08 pm »
OK. Good luck to you.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.