Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:34:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773274
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 417
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 343
Total: 346

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Disturbing to say the least!  (Read 4587 times)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
Disturbing to say the least!
« on: July 25, 2006, 10:29:23 pm »
Why does this crap exist??
What purpose can this serve??? 

I brought this post from another forum unrelated to aidsmeds... 
How can folks or this person feel this way??
And don't tell me its just another "Redneck"
 :'(

POST TO FOLLOW

Hello America.
Dear sweet still Homophobic and Racist America, you may be wavering to the side of mainstream on HIV being the cause of AIDS. I used to be, but am not any more.

Just boiling it all down, to whom actually died or is affected, or is told that their test results are positive, or that they have AIDS, seems to me to be more than telling me all I need to know about HIV and AIDS.

Who is testing HIV positive and being diagnosed in the category (AIDS is a category, not a disease, that requires a positive HIV test) as having AIDS. Who is even taking the tests?

Well let me see, here in America, america, we have the numero uno group of HOMOSEXUALS running down every 3 months to take their HIV tests, mixed with some BLACK heterosexuals, every once in a while when the preacher puts the fear of GOD and the lectures that all their husbands are out on the "Down Low", a handful of Mexicans, and even most of these in the last categories of black, Mexican and dopers, are DOPE ADDICTS, and a mere minute smattering of others that do not fit into these categories. Now why almost only gays, blacks, and dopers. What else do these groups have in common?

Gee, they are all on the top of the undesirable list of an awful lot of people! It would be quite amazing indeed if this tiny little spec of 17 or so various proteins of retrovirus were smart enough to discriminate, so I can not possibly understand how the virus or the tests would know how to be racist homophobes. How can this be?

Now lets look at AFRICA. Strange as strange can be, it is a BLACK HETEROSEXUAL disease in Africa. Strangely enough the virus and the tests are again exhibiting RACIST attributes here as well. No hetero outbreak over here in the states or Europe, other than a small pattering of another unwanted and despised groups, or the dopers! Nope Indeed. Just a big ole heterosexual thing for all the poorest, malnourished black heterosexuals in Africa.

Smart virus indeed, Smart HIV test. So brilliant that it is a total RACIST and Gay Bashing HOMOPHOBE. Care to explain this PharmaBawd? Didn't think so. The largest common denominator is that the affected and infected are in the "high risk" categories of being highly discrimated against and the most vulnerable groups as well. WoW!

As a straight man, first of all, I don't even bother to go get a test, but just in case someone ever talked me into it after a long bout with the flu, I would go to the testing place, tell them I am hetero and not a doper, and they would give me the test. OK, I am in a "LOW RISK CATEGORY" for testing positive. If the test lit up as it often does for more than 60 often common conditions that are listed in the scientific journals, even including just having the flu, I would be told I need a backup test. OK, I take the backup test, and have 3 out of 6 western blot lines light up in the test, and then they see I am HETEROSEXUAL LOW RISK CATEGORY, I am declared to be a FALSE POSITIVE.

Now I go to a clinic frequented by gays. Tell them I am a gay man. Now I am in a "HIGH RISK CATEGORY". My first test lights up, I take the second test. My test lights up with the same 3 out of 6 lines that were found when I posed as the straight guy. But this time, I am said to be "HIGH RISK". My results are read differently than when I told them I was heterosexual. This time, low and behold, with the VERY SAME TEST RESULTS as last time when I was told I was false positive, as a gay man I am told Your test result came back POSITIVE for HIV! "YOU HAVE HIV, THE VIRUS THAT CAUSES AIDS".

Off I go to the HIV doc. He tells me Take these meds and take em quick, and take em for the rest of your life. Oh don't worry that they are life long chemotherapy. Don't worry about those side effects. Be brave now, lipodystrophy and liver failure, and blood poisoning from the drugs are not all that bad! Well if you say so, Doc. I am gonna die anyway if I don't take the toxic meds.

I am not even going to do any research to find out that the leading cause of death in HIV positive Americans is actually liver failure directly due to the HIV drugs, cause now I am too paranoid to even investigate it.

There you have it. HIV and AIDS, and HIV testing. Gee, How come HIV/AIDS and the HIV tests are soooo smart to get away with being as Racist and Homophobic just the same as many of the people in the world?

Whatsamatter America! Too simple to see the obvious? Although it is sooooo ugly, I hardly blame you for not looking and seeing it for what it is. But I hope one day you will have the courage to open your eyes and take an honest look. At yourself.

END OF POST

Of all the posts I read, of all the postive things I here...  Why does this bother me?  I don't know this poster, nor do I choose to beleive the crap he/she spews....  It makes you wonder why we are where we are in the world if others think this way..... bla bla bla...  Anyway....   Onward and Upward...

« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 11:39:11 pm by Eric »

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
Re: Disturbing to say the least!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 07:05:41 am »
I thought this poster sounded like a newly diagnosed person blowing off a little anger. He/She likely thought they were sounding witty by making the comparison. Hopefully they will mature into their diagnosis, and cease the offensive rhetoric.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 08:19:43 am »
Hi Eric,
This is definitely the most

IGNORANT & DISGUSTING

thing I've read

Jesus Christ!!

Thanks for sharing ;D
Peace and love,
Kelly

POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 10:10:01 am »
My husband William said to me last night "You better let this one go Eric".  So, I will.  I don't like to fight with people anymoire about their views and mine...  Thanks Lisa, Thanks Kelly...

Offline krakerjm

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 02:26:19 pm »
Not sure what the point is except some one babbling on and on and about what exactly? is any of this based in truth or all pure fantasy from a high or crazy person?  I shouldn't bother responding to this crap...
GWM, 63, PN w/footdrop
"I swear there ain't no heaven, pray ther ain't no hell"

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 02:42:34 pm »
Well, if it's meant to be witty, it fails: the post is offensive. I thought the writer was paranoid delusional. I wouldn't be surprised if he posted something on some forum claiming to have been abducted by aliens and subjected to invasive medical examinations. Yep, better to let it go than fight with the crazies. Jay
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline krakerjm

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 02:51:31 pm »
WHAT?!  I was abducted by aliens once, that's how I got infected, their dirty probes, wont' say what kind of probes ;D
GWM, 63, PN w/footdrop
"I swear there ain't no heaven, pray ther ain't no hell"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.