Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:33:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 365
Total: 367

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Curascipt does it again.  (Read 30741 times)

Offline mitch777

Curascipt does it again.
« on: November 19, 2013, 06:26:18 pm »
I've been forced like many to buy my meds from Curascipt by my insurance company. Four phone call this week to them to get my refills. Each time I was given a delivery date and low and behold nothing shows up at my door.

I've been on the phone with them for 1 hour and 15 minutes. On hold now waiting to speak to a supervisor. Grrr...

Usually things go pretty smooth but I have had a few problems in the past. This time it's unreal.

Their behavior in my opinion borders on neglect. Just needed to vent.

I hope my new Obamacare policy in January gives me better options but I'm not counting on it as it will still be the same insurance company. (Anthem) :(

The problem seems to be that Anthem used to allow a 90 day supply but now only allows a 30 supply. I'm thinking that Not sure why Curascipt is having so much trouble with this.

Tick tock tick tock.

OK. Just hung up after speaking to a supervisor after 1 hour 50 minutes. Still no guarantee. ::) I'm currently off my high blood pressure med due to an allergic reaction so if I have a heart attack tonight I hope you will all remember the good times we've had. lol.

Wishing you a fond farewell just in case. :)

Mitchypoo

33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Fisher

Re: Curascipt does it again.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 06:49:12 pm »
I have to get my meds through Curascript. Have had issues a couple times. I usually keep about 15 days hidden as a safety margin. Last time, no meds, no meds, and was down to four days before the refill.
- fisher
06/15 CD 365 %24 VL<20
01/15 CD 468 %24 VL<20
09/14 CD 385 %22 VL<20
07/14 CD 391 %20 VLUD
04/14 CD 486 %23 VL<20
11/13 CD 351 %21  VL<20
10/13 CD 390 %16  VL<20
06/13 CD 315 %19  VL 22
02/13 CD 396 %14  VL<20
12/12 CD 392 %13  VL320
11/12 CD 428 %13  VL1200
*Started Meds: Atripla
10/12 CD 427 %11  VL 139000 -- 09/12 CD 408 %13 VL 92928
09/11 CD 745 %27 VL CLOT -- 10/10 CD 863 %29 VL 2782
10/09 CD 597 %30 VL 2537 -- 05/08 CD 809 %28 VL 1504
04/07 CD 797 %25 VL 3558 -- 11/06 CD 720 %28 VL 1214
06/05 CD 731 %25 VL 1575 -- 12/04 CD 1176 %30 VL 1329
01/04 CD 959 %26 VL 1011 -- 11/03 CD 1000 %28 VL 1581
12/02 CD 748 %28 -- 10/01 CD 860 %25
08/00 CD 1022 %28 -- 04/99 CD 854 %27
11/98 CD 899 %28 -- 02/97 CD 1400 %37
11/96 CD 1325  VL <500 -- 09/96 – Western Blot
05/83 – 04/98 - Mon - Pa

Offline wolfter

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 07:46:18 pm »
I've had good and bad experiences with mail order subscriptions.  I currently receive my through CVS Caremark and am totally happy.  I used to receive them through Pharmacare and it was guaranteed that I would need to call them every single month.  They never once got it right.

Best of luck mitchy.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 12:04:41 am »
After seeing the issues my best friend, who lives with us, goes through with his V.A. mail order meds, I wouldn't want to do it.  They are often late.  Others may have better experiences. 

Offline mitch777

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 04:27:08 pm »
Next month same nightmare. Called on Monday for my refills. Was told it would arrive Friday.

I asked when they would have a tracking number and she said to call Thursday. I called, No Tracking number. "Call again Friday morning" she said. I did. No tracking number. "Call again after 1PM" she said. I did. No tracking number. I'm on hold now for 45 minutes and counting waiting to find out what's up.  >:(

Accredo (which merged with Curascript) is horrible. You would think putting peoples lives at risk by their neglect should concern them but what do I know? ::)

Ok, just hung up. Meds not shipped. :( Since Monday, nobody processed my order through my insurance company. Really? Ugh!!!

To be continued...

Offline mitch777

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 06:24:04 pm »
So, they called me back and now tell me that Anthem will not cover it until Monday. 4 days prior to the 30 day mark from my last refill. Really?

Not sure if it was BS or not. If that's the case I doubt I will be receiving my meds on time next month (or maybe even this month) since it took the 4 days and a call from me for them to even contact Anthem in the first place.

Can we spell negligence?

*tearing my hair out*

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 07:34:25 am »

Can we spell negligence?

CRIMINAL negligence would be closer to the mark. I can't believe these companies get away with putting people's health/lives at risk like this. How can it be even remotely legal?

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mitch777

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 10:05:52 am »
CRIMINAL negligence would be closer to the mark. I can't believe these companies get away with putting people's health/lives at risk like this. How can it be even remotely legal?

I believe NY has a law that prevents insurance companies from forcing their customers to deal with mail order pharmacies. It should be a national law. Where is the outrage from anyone in our government? Talk about having no freedom of choice. I haven't heard any revolt from the so called freedom loving Tea Party.

I'm not sure if a complaint to the state insurance commissioner would help?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 10:20:05 am »
I believe NY has a law that prevents insurance companies from forcing their customers to deal with mail order pharmacies. It should be a national law.

I think California has a law like that too - or at least I remember reading something recently about it, but it may be that it was proposed and still in the works? And yes, it absolutely should be national law.

I'm not sure if a complaint to the state insurance commissioner would help?

It certainly couldn't hurt and it just may help. Like I always told my daughter - if you don't ask, you don't get and the worst they can do is say NO (or we can't do anything or whatever negative response).

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mitch777

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 10:28:00 am »
I think California has a law like that too - or at least I remember reading something recently about it, but it may be that it was proposed and still in the works? And yes, it absolutely should be national law.

Yes, I think it might be in the works in California. Just the threat of bringing this into the courts made the insurance companies back off... for now.

It certainly couldn't hurt and it just may help. Like I always told my daughter - if you don't ask, you don't get and the worst they can do is say NO (or we can't do anything or whatever negative response).

I think I will call on Monday.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 11:38:11 am »

Since moving to Florida four months ago my wife and I also have to use Curascript.   Between switching insurance carriers, and Curascripts taking a snails pace to get us our prescriptions we went 3 months without any meds.  She stayed undetectable through it all and my viral load went up to 145, which I consider undetectable.

What frightens me most is what happens if I ever have to get on BP/heart medication?  When we were in Boston we had a $200 credit due to medication mixups and what not, this has magically disappeared.  And yes, I did try to recover those funds while in Boston to no avail.

What a joke.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 01:07:39 pm »

Since moving to Florida four months ago my wife and I also have to use Curascript.   Between switching insurance carriers, and Curascripts taking a snails pace to get us our prescriptions we went 3 months without any meds.  She stayed undetectable through it all and my viral load went up to 145, which I consider undetectable.

What frightens me most is what happens if I ever have to get on BP/heart medication?  When we were in Boston we had a $200 credit due to medication mixups and what not, this has magically disappeared.  And yes, I did try to recover those funds while in Boston to no avail.

What a joke.

That's awful skeebo! It's as if they are trying to kill us off.  >:(

Offline mitch777

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 01:43:07 pm »
I just had another 30 minutes on the phone with Accredo. The supervisor had to admit that I had been lied to several times. I am hoping my meds will arrive tomorrow "as promised" but won't hold my breath.

So then I called the state insurance commissioner's office. As it turns out, we have a state law that prohibits insurance companies from forcing me to buy my meds through a mail order pharmacy. Statute 38a-510. I didn't know this until now and am equally amazed that my ID and PC docs apparently don't know either.

My new ACA plan starts in January (still Anthem) so I will be calling them and citing the statute.

Ugh! I wish I knew this from the start.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2013, 05:15:59 pm »
Saga continues. 2 hours yesterday on the phone and 2 hours today. Still not resolved.

Are these people real?

Funny (NOT) that the woman that I spoke with from Anthem didn't know the Connecticut law either regarding the fact that they cannot require me to use a mail order pharmacy. She had to file an appeal. What?  ::) I gave her the state statute and said that the state insurance commissioner would be happy to follow through after a complaint was filed. She wrote the statute # down in the "appeal".

I think Accredo has a printed list of excuses and blame for every occasion. No doubt the insurance companies do as well.

Wondering what tomorrow will bring.

And so it goes.........

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2013, 05:18:57 pm »
That is insane Mitch . I guess they are hoping you will give up .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mitch777

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2013, 05:22:35 pm »
That is insane Mitch . I guess they are hoping you will give up .

Yes, but they don't know me very well. ;)

BTW- I spoke to the local CVS pharmacist today about the law. I said that I'd much rather just get my meds through you. (I know they have their own mail order business as well but was talkin' local retail pharmacy here) She didn't even know the law. One would think that a $30,000 loss in business from ONE person alone would want them to keep a customer. The whole thing just blows my mind.

When I changed meds in March I got the first months supply through them. When it came time to refill CVS said that Anthem would not cover it because they required me to go though the mail order pharmacy. WTF? Against state law!

I'm glad to have discovered this on my own but wouldn't you think they would want their piece of the pie?

Dumbfounded.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 05:36:11 pm by mitch777 »

Offline mitch777

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 06:20:42 pm »
Picked up my prescriptions at CVS today.  :)

I mentioned my discovery of the law to the person who rang me out and she said "I didn't know that."

Sometimes I think I live in a world of make believe. ::)

Who knows what next month will bring.

Offline Habersham

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 06:30:36 pm »
Mitch hey,

I'm coming into this conversation late but is there a small independent pharmacy near you where the pharmacist is also the owner?  When I lived in Philadelphia my local pharmacies had the laws and they would also deliver for no fee. They were glad to get my $3000 a month in business.

The employees at CVS and Walgreens are just that employes. Their job is to fill as many prescriptions as fast as they can.

Because I Can

Offline mitch777

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2013, 06:47:33 pm »
Mitch hey,

I'm coming into this conversation late but is there a small independent pharmacy near you where the pharmacist is also the owner?  When I lived in Philadelphia my local pharmacies had the laws and they would also deliver for no fee. They were glad to get my $3000 a month in business.

The employees at CVS and Walgreens are just that employes. Their job is to fill as many prescriptions as fast as they can.
Yes there is but on the rare occasion that I have used them they seem slow and out of touch.

I know they are "just clerks" at CVS/Walgreens. As a business owner I would be appalled if an employee of mine kissed a $30,000. customer goodbye in this fashion. Just sayin'.

Quite frankly I am a bit MORE miffed that my ID doc doesn't seem to know the law. I'm sure many of his patients have to jump through these hoops needlessly. I will be talking to him about this on my next visit.

Edited to add: Had I won the lottery I would have hired an airplane to fly across the state to make everyone aware of our law...  :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 06:52:26 pm by mitch777 »

Offline sfpvguy41

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2013, 01:51:13 am »
I just want to add that Accredo (which is what they are now calling CuraScript after it changed from ExpressScript after Anthem made me change from Walgreens) has been ridiculous to deal with for me too.  I take Edurant and Epzicom, same renewal dates on scripts, same doctor.  Somehow they end up at 2 different facilities, and I can renew one but not the other, and my doctor has to call to "confirm" the other. When you mention them to the Doctor's office staff they just roll their eyes, my PA said sometimes they have to re-order the scripts 4 times from them for no apparent reason.  For some reason, they told me I was still taking Reyataz (not renewed, but orderable) not Edurant (renewed, not orderable).  I had the best laugh when the IGNORANT operator said "perhaps your doctor wants you to take the Reyataz instead of the Edurant" when we had just gone through a huge consultation about making the change from a regimin including Reyataz for 8 years to Edurant.  Then, get this, they ask if they can switch me to a pharmacist to advise me about any of my drugs!!

I met someone who works for ExpressScripts in HR and he told me that someone had ranked them one of the worst Fortune 500 companies to work for in the US.  I found the article, yep they are ranked #2 worst to work for.  http://247wallst.com/special-report/2013/07/19/americas-worst-companies-to-work-for-2/2/]http://247wallst.com/special-report/2013/07/19/americas-worst-companies-to-work-for-2/2/[/url]
Labs: (undetectable since 2005)
12/13: 634 cdr, 37.3%, 758 cd8, total chol 183, triglycerides 131
8/13: changed to Edurant from Reyataz
12/12: 828 cd4, 34.5%, 1078 cd8, total chol 192, tri 196
12/11: 787 cd4, 37%, 979 cd8.
9/11: 758 cd4, 38%, 944 cd8, und.
8/11 dropped norvir, incr reyataz to 400 mg
6/11: 621 CD4 CD4% 41, CD8 680! Undetectable. Creatinine and eGFR are ok now.
Switched from Truvada to Epzicom in late April 2011
AGT/AST and creatinine back to normal mid-April.
Cut Norvir from regimen.
Switched back to Reyataz/Norvir late Feb 2011
2/11: CD4 664 34%, CD8 963, diagnosed with osteoporosis, high AGT/AST and creatinine.
12/10: CD4: 676 CD4%: 34 CD8: 1012
Switched from Reyataz/norvir to Isentress 10/10
8/10: CD4: 731 CD4%: 40 CD8: 866
Diagnosed Sept. 2002 started meds May 2005.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2013, 01:33:05 am »
I had a lot of trouble with Curascript the first time I use them but since then it's been smooth sailing, I went from 90 day refills to 30 day refills, which means I have to deal with them more frequently but it really is just business as usual.  They call me at the 3 week mark and always ask me "How much do you have on hand" to which I reply " oh gosh maybe 1 or 2?" and they rush my meds to me.  In reality I have a 6 week stockpile at the moment

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble Mitch and I agree we should be able to go to a local pharmacy, but I'm glad you figured out you can if you want to.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2013, 01:06:59 pm »
I had a lot of trouble with Curascript the first time I use them but since then it's been smooth sailing, I went from 90 day refills to 30 day refills, which means I have to deal with them more frequently but it really is just business as usual.  They call me at the 3 week mark and always ask me "How much do you have on hand" to which I reply " oh gosh maybe 1 or 2?" and they rush my meds to me.  In reality I have a 6 week stockpile at the moment

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble Mitch and I agree we should be able to go to a local pharmacy, but I'm glad you figured out you can if you want to.

I have been dealing with Curacsript for about 3 years. I've had a few problems along the way but nothing like the problems of the past 2 months after they were bought by Accredo. I'm not sure who you are dealing with now. Maybe the after affects of the merger are not complete yet and you still are working with the Curascript folks.  7 hours on the phone over 2 months is beyond my capacity to understand. Hope things keep going well for you Trey!

And sfpvguy, I know how you feel. I wish you well with future orders but after seeing how they operate I'm afraid it might take a long time before they even reach a mediocre level of competence.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 01:02:32 pm »
Update:

I received a letter from Anthem Saturday. The are denying my grievance about requiring me to buy my meds from a mail order company even though the CT state statute clearly states that they cannot do this.

Spoke once again today to someone at the state insurance commissioner's office. She said they can't do that and to file a complaint. How fun is this?

Complaint filed this morning. She said it should be taken care of within 14 days. Guess I will have to struggle with Acreedo again this month. UGH!!!

The statute is so simple and clear. It seems like Anthem is making me jump through hoops even though they know they have no legal standing. How a person can knowingly do this to people for a living boggles my mind.

btw- Anthem is also screwing around with me on my new ACA policy. First they said my policy didn't start until Feb. 1st. WUT? Then they canceled my ACA policy instead of my old policy! Still waiting to get this straightened out and have never received a copy of the policy or an insurance card. UGH!!!

I need prescriptions filled and blood work done THIS WEEK. What a mess.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 04:57:36 pm »
So, after yet another 2 1/2 hours on the phone with Anthem my new ACA policy is still not in affect. Funny (NOT) how difficult it is for them to cancel my old policy and the ACA policy can't become usable until this happens. Idiots.  >:(

Will have to wait once again after trying to straighten out the mess they made out of something that should be so simple. Ugh!!!

At least when it does get fixed I found out that Express Scripts is where I need to order my meds until the Insurance Commissioner slaps Anthem with the reality of CT law. (no Acreedo, yay.)

Sorry, needed to vent. Spent well over 20 hours on the phone with Anthem, CADAP, Acreedo, and the insurance commissioners office in the past 8 weeks. It's no wonder my migraines this week have peaked.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 05:20:19 pm »
 vent away.  After reading about everyone's experiences with mail order pharmacies  I've been adamant to do everything I can to avoid them.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline mitch777

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 05:38:02 pm »
vent away.  After reading about everyone's experiences with mail order pharmacies  I've been adamant to do everything I can to avoid them.

Thanks bugs. Avoid them like the plague. For those who are happy with their current mail order pharmacy I would kindly submit that your insurance company can snap their fingers at any moment and force you to use a nightmare company like Acreedo. Trust me. You really, really don't want to go there.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2014, 06:20:46 pm »
Just watched a story on the local news about Anthem. Seems as though they can't handle the backlog of all of their new ACA customers.

They apparently sent a letter (I didn't get one) to their new ACA customers telling them to go ahead and see your docs and pharmacists and "they" will be able to contact Anthem to square things away.

This woman that signed up in November said it didn't work. LOL. She is scr*wed like the rest of us.

Funny how people (mostly Repubs) were blaming Obama on the lack of being prepared with the roll out of the ACA and said the private market would have been much smarter. HA! HA!

Offline watl

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2014, 07:43:25 pm »
Can't really blame the private market when the information they are receiving is largely corrupted and the ACA is continually changed in reaction to the latest bad news. To date there have been 14 of those, but whose keeping count. ACA is a rolling disaster that will only get worse.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2014, 08:23:04 pm »
Can't really blame the private market when the information they are receiving is largely corrupted and the ACA is continually changed in reaction to the latest bad news. To date there have been 14 of those, but whose keeping count. ACA is a rolling disaster that will only get worse.

Naw, the exact same thing happened when Bush's Medicare Part D rolled out. Everything eventually settled down. Or were you around then?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline watl

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2014, 08:40:48 pm »
There really is a huge difference between Bush's prescription drug giveaway and Obama's ACA, neither of which frankly the nation can afford. In the the case of the former you can always borrow more from the Chinese or here recently the fed and the market will find a way to address supply. In the case of the latter, basic economics teaches that you cannot increase demand and at the same time lower costs. That's just basic math....or did you not take that class?

Offline mitch777

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 09:04:33 pm »
I just got a call from express scripts/ acreedo. guess anthem doesn't even know they are on in the same. on hold once again. I think this whole conversation will be futile.

...it was futile. I really need some of Miss p's klonnies right bout' now.

ps- watl, thanks for being so empathetic today. ::)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:07:59 pm by mitch777 »

Offline mitch777

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2014, 09:21:24 pm »
I am cranky beyond belief today.

I am worn and torn.

The lies, stupidity, and lack of empathy, coming from Acreedo and the audacity of Anthem to deny my ability (against CT law) to buy my meds from a reliable source as well as getting a policy enforced that I already paid for has made me numb.

Not sure what tomorrow will bring... or the day after......or the day after that.

Edited to add: Just looking for a bit of support along the way.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:24:50 pm by mitch777 »

Offline watl

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2014, 09:29:25 pm »
This Republican (tea partier) is rooting for you though ;).

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2014, 10:24:41 pm »
There really is a huge difference between Bush's prescription drug giveaway and Obama's ACA, neither of which frankly the nation can afford. In the the case of the former you can always borrow more from the Chinese or here recently the fed and the market will find a way to address supply. In the case of the latter, basic economics teaches that you cannot increase demand and at the same time lower costs. That's just basic math....or did you not take that class?

I want my country back.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2014, 12:46:18 pm »
I am cranky beyond belief today.

I am worn and torn.

The lies, stupidity, and lack of empathy, coming from Acreedo and the audacity of Anthem to deny my ability (against CT law) to buy my meds from a reliable source as well as getting a policy enforced that I already paid for has made me numb.

Not sure what tomorrow will bring... or the day after......or the day after that.

Edited to add: Just looking for a bit of support along the way.

Any updates, Mark?

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2014, 03:30:51 pm »
How's it going Mark?
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline mitch777

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2014, 07:27:35 pm »
I've needed a personal break. This crap has taken a toll. 25+ hours on the phone this week with Anthem and Acreedo. (8 hours on Friday alone.

The details of lies upon lies from Acreedo are too much for me to repeat.

The stupidity of Anthem to believe them sends shivers up my spine.

Here is a quote from Barbara M. (no last name given) from Anthem:
"I would have no problem spending 3-4 hours on the phone every month with a mail order pharmacy if the meds were important to me."

Cannot wait for Medicare.

Thank you David and Betty for asking and to everyone who PM'd me. It meant allot.

PS- watl: I would prefer you do not respond. If you want to share your views about the compassion shown by the teaparty I suggest you share them in the off topic forum.

m.

edited...
Oh and yes I got my insurance card. It had the wrong code printed on it to fill my other prescriptions at CVS. 2 1/2 hours on hold before I was able to talk with anyone at Anthem for a replacement. A comedy of errors.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 07:51:44 pm by mitch777 »

Offline watl

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2014, 08:32:45 pm »
You were the first to make the stupid remark about Republicans in this thread.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2014, 11:03:27 pm »

Really?? 

Mitch specifically requested you to not respond, but you couldn't help yourself could you?  Instead of trying to flame this thread, perhaps you should simply bow out.  Support doesn't seem to be a strong suit of yours, so leave this be.  You've offered him nothing in this thread, so stop.

M

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2014, 06:38:02 am »

PS- watl: I would prefer you do not respond. If you want to share your views about the compassion shown by the teaparty I suggest you share them in the off topic forum.

Really?? 

Mitch specifically requested you to not respond, but you couldn't help yourself could you?  Instead of trying to flame this thread, perhaps you should simply bow out.  Support doesn't seem to be a strong suit of yours, so leave this be.  You've offered him nothing in this thread, so stop.

M

Watl, I totally agree with Mike. This is a support forum and your idea of support just doesn't cut it.

Mitch politely requested that you stay out of his thread and as Mike said, you just couldn't help yourself, could you. I'm giving you a warning over this, and watching you for a week. If you chose to respond further in this thread, you'll be getting a time out.

Please consider yourself warned!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2014, 06:49:32 am »

Here is a quote from Barbara M. (no last name given) from Anthem:
"I would have no problem spending 3-4 hours on the phone every month with a mail order pharmacy if the meds were important to me."

Unbefuckinglievable. Easy for her to say when she's not going through what you're going through. People who say dismissive things like that usually complain the loudest when something goes wrong for them.

Stay strong mate. Don't let the bastards grind you down. I've been thinking of you and sending good vibes your way. It will be a happy day when this gets sorted out and you don't have to jump through hoops like a freaking poodle to get your meds. It's cruelty, plain and simple and should be illegal. Wait, it IS illegal in your state.

At the risk of sounding repetitive, UNBEFUCKINGLIEVABLE!!!!!

Do I smell a lawsuit? Could you (or someone on your behalf) get in touch with Lambda Legal? I bet they'd be very interested in a case where an hiv positive person was illegally being forced to deal with an uncooperative mail-order pharmacy in order - at the risk of sounding dramatic (although true!) - to stay alive. You deserve some compensation for the hell they're putting you through.

Hugs and warm thoughts....
Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline watl

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2014, 07:11:24 am »
Put me in timeout as I don't exactly follow the warning. If anyone made an offensive comment it was Mitch's about republicans. I suppose you missed that or those kind of offensive comments are allowed here. If you had bothered to read the comments I had made you'd have seen they were legitimate and respectful counterpoints to his about the affordable care act. I then told him I was rooting for him. But you missed those comments as well.  Instead you choose to abuse your authority and censure me for saying a great deal less than the the much more heated comments being posted as we speak in another thread on disclosure.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2014, 07:36:30 am »
So sorry Mitchypoo.  for both the aggravation of fighting for life saving meds and the political hijack.

wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2014, 05:43:12 pm »
@ Mike- Thanks. In hindsight it would have been better of me to have not mentioned him in my last post. Still trying to heal from the abuse and cruelty of the system and my head got the best of me.

@ Ann- Thanks for repeating the swear words. :) Made my day! I am hoping to hear back in about a week from the state insurance commissioners office about my complaint. The law seems rather straight forward.

Sec. 38a-510. Prescription drug coverage. Mail order pharmacies. (a) No health insurance policy issued on an individual basis, whether issued by an insurance company, a hospital service corporation, a medical service corporation or a health care center, which provides coverage for prescription drugs may require any person covered under such policy to obtain prescription drugs from a mail order pharmacy as a condition of obtaining benefits for such drugs.

(b) The provisions of this section shall apply to any such policy delivered, issued for delivery, renewed, amended or continued in this state on or after July 1, 2005.
 - See more at: http://statutes.laws.com/connecticut/title38a/chap700c/Sec38a-510#sthash.Bx6hx4eZ.dpuf

If there is a loophole somewhere, shame on the lawmakers. Keeping my fingers crossed as I am terrified of going through this on a monthly basis with Acreedo.

My best wishes to those who live in other states that have no laws to protect you.

@ Greg- Thank you. I did bring up the politics first. It was not meant to do anything other than to point out how private companies were not prepared any better than the government with this major sea change in our healthcare system. I just get so tired of hearing how it's all Obama's fault and was trying to express my trials and tribulations during this time of transition.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2014, 08:15:29 pm »
OK. Kenny came home with the news that we got a letter from Anthem. (must have been from Saturday)

They are expecting us to pay Januarys bill from our policy that we let lapse because they didn't get a 31 days notice of cancelation. lol. I bet it was in the "contract". Wonder how many millions of people got the same letter?

Ignore or file a complaint with the insurance commissioner?

Or are we screwed? Funny, we signed up for the new ACA plan in mid November and didn't receive a bill from them until mid December.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:36:50 pm by mitch777 »

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2014, 06:18:52 pm »
Hey Mitch,

I am so sorry you have to endure this crap and I think you should go on a major offensive and enlist the help of everyone.  Not only would I be working with the Insurance Commission, I would also contact my Congressperson and seek their assistance, as hey have an ombudsman to deal with such issues.  I'd even go further and look for a lawyer to sue the pants off Anthem, under contact law and for emotional and physical duress, caused by their callous actions.

I know this is making you crazy, been there, done that, however, at some point enough is enough and at a minimum, I would expect Anthem to forget about billing you anymore for insurance benefits they did not provide.

Joe

Offline xinyuan

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2014, 07:30:24 pm »
Mitch,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience.

My insurance recently forced me to do mail order (CVS Caremark, though). I almost ran out of meds. My clinic and I both ended up harassing them to get their butts in gear.

Your case sounds like one of our worse nightmares realized. You're doing your part trying to take the meds correctly. Anthem sounds so incredibly insensitive, obstructive, and negligent. I can't imagine what you're going through.

Please keep us posted, and I hope to hear of a good outcome for you.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 07:33:16 pm by xinyuan »

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2014, 07:57:33 pm »
Mitch, what a SHITFEST

I was offered core-blue mail order meds, by my ASO today, as I opted out and declined the offer  ???

missing your meds and NOT providing you service that you paid for  is a really big FAIL  >:(

I'd get a damm lawyer, if I was you  >:(

HUGS

DEN
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline mitch777

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2014, 08:43:46 pm »
Thanks everyone. I've been beaten to a pulp over all of this but I never will give up the fight. I seriously doubt that a lawsuit will be needed but I fully intend to tell my story here to tell the tales of the unconscionable behavior involved by these ruthless money grubbing companies.

Nobody should go through this mess.

I honestly don't know what is ahead as far as fighting this BS. Maybe it will all wind down peacefully but after the past few months...

In the mean time I need to get my own balance back in order. Can't let them win by default. Greedy heartless bastards.

Oh, today Kenny and I got new insurance cards from Anthem for a plan that we never signed up for and I got another automated call from Acreedo to say they are working on my order.  ::)

You all have missed so many laughable details along the way because I simply didn't have the energy.

Mother blind, dog with dementia. Oops reverse that. Got allot going on. lol.  ???

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2014, 07:51:39 am »

I seriously doubt that a lawsuit will be needed

It seriously sounds like one IS needed. Seriously.

Again, I strongly suggest that you or Kenny get in touch with Lamda Legal (see the link I provided a few posts up ^^). Keep in mind they do a lot of pro bono work. If you don't ask, you don't get.

These insurance companies only respond to monetary threats such as the ones provided through class action suits. There's a good chance that Lamda Legal has heard from other poz folks going through similar bullshit and they may be able to add your case to the list. Or who knows, maybe your case will start that list. I wouldn't think you're the only one being treated so shabbily by these jokers.

And you still don't have your meds? UNBEFUCKINGLIEVABLE!!!

Hang in there Mitch, and please consider getting in touch with Lamda. I'm rooting for you.

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.