Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:55:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 226
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 198
Total: 199

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dr.'s appt today  (Read 6066 times)

Offline DancerBoy

Dr.'s appt today
« on: August 03, 2006, 01:18:56 am »
I had my first appt since Feb 1st today.  IT kinda sucked.

T-cell 221
VL 74

Still not undetectable.  I fully expected to be.

He's adding another drug to my regimen.  Ziagen.  I will start that when I get back from Montreal. As I don't wanna be dealing with unknown side effects when I'm there.

On another more frustrating note:  The damned clinic that I used to go to.  The one where the PA didn't "have time" to talk to me to my satisfaction.  The one that didn't give me tests for other STDs even though I requested them.  The one that dismissed the allergic reaction to Sustiva that landed me in the hospital for 3 days.   This dumb bitch also gave me a rectal exam and said that hemmoroids (Sp?) were causing my discomfort.  I talked to my Dr. today and told him the were getting worse and he did an exam.  Yeah.  Like I originally thought.  It's HPV and I will need to have surgery to have them removed.  I look forward to it, but I hear it's very painful. 

Whatever.

I hate my old clinic.
Boys are Stupid

Offline bobik

• My worksite
Re: Dr.'s appt today
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 07:19:25 am »
Hey fellow artist!

Sorry to hear that your results are not as good as you hoped. Sound like you have made a very wise decision in changing clinics!

Hug

Coen
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 07:55:28 am »
Hey Danny,

Congrats on going over 200!!!!!  YAY!!

As far as the VL goes, it may very well be a blip.  IF not, 74 is darn close to being U/D.

The surgery?  Ouch.  May as well get it out of the way though.  Glad you finally found someone who knows their asses from a hole in the ground.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 07:59:54 am »
Hi,

I don't know how she could confuse hemmoroids, with anal warts. There is no excuse for that . I have had both, and there is quite a differance.

Are they internal, external or both. I have been using "Podofilox " topical solution,( for external) and they have virtually made mine disappear. There is very little visible anymore. I will be watching to see if they return. I tried the Aldarra cream, but had no luck with that. The podofilox, worked EXTREEMELY well.

May I ask what the Ziagen is being added to? I am not sure of your regemin. I think you should be getting blood test every 3 months. Is that possible? That is just my unprofessional opinion.

Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 08:25:37 am »
Thanks for that update.

Ouch about the anticipated HPV treatment.

Mostly I just want to say how well you are handling all of these ups and downs, Danny. Well done on your part.

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

Offline randym431

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 09:05:33 am »
Hi there
Just thinking, is it warts or sore-like things? Did your doc try or suggest Acyclovir?
It can be a battle finding good doctors and info. Best wishes!
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline DancerBoy

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 09:26:50 am »
I will be adding the ziagen to Reyataz, Norvir, and Truvada.

He doesn't wanna do topicals because they're bleeding and at a stage where he thinks the best think is for them to be removed.... Which I'm all about...
Yes, I normally do have bloodworl done every 3 months, but I had to cancel my las appt and since he only works on Wednesdays, it's hard to get a reschedule.  He's one of the best dr/s in town so he's pretty popular....
-D
Boys are Stupid

Offline Trish

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 09:46:17 am »
OUCH!!!  What a bummer... sorry you have to go through that shit.  Would you like me to kick that PA Bitch's ass?
>:(  Cause I will... just say the word.

Well, the good part is that your cd4's are over 200... YAY!!!

And hopefully with the addition of Ziagen, you'll be undetectable next time.  Keeping my fingers crossed for ya love.

Miss ya,

Trish :-*

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 11:50:14 am »
Hi Sweetheart...

Gee, what a drag about the HPV, babe. Real sorry to hear about this.

But, now you know for sure what is going on, it can be dealt with, and this is good.

I love you with all my heart!

Zephie :-*
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 12:55:12 pm »
Hi Danny

Welcome to the HPV club.   Don't start getting nervous about the removal, everyone's experience is different.   My partner had a TERRIBLE time, but I had a relatively easy recovery...not too much discomfort or bleeding.

I don't blame you for waiting until after Montreal to start Ziagen.

You are going to dance with me, right???

Love you,
Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 03:30:18 pm »

Glad to hear you are finally at the 200 mark.  Hopefully your experience with the HPV removal won't be a bad one... :-\
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.