Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:32:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 220
Total: 220

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I have made HIV test and I'm more scared than before  (Read 23985 times)

Offline Marco

I have made HIV test and I'm more scared than before
« on: January 05, 2008, 05:56:48 pm »
Hi all.
I'm writing from Italy near Milan.
It's - 5 C degrees now, so not a so good weather.  :-\
Anyway...
I have a bad sex history of to go with prostitutes where my sex contacts were above all unprotected and protected insertive oral sex and some, but very few, protected insertive vaginal and anal sex (only always protected these ones).
I have done an HIV test in may 2002 and was negative.
From 2002 to now, I'm worried above all about the unprotected insertive oral sex and about the point that perhaps I have been infected through the even little amount of cum of the previous client present in the mouth of the prostitute, if she haven't spit out it of her mouth well and all.
Anyway the point is that yesterday I have been diagnosticated by my family's doctor of an external otitis monolateral (only the left ear).
Also 3 years ago I have had the same problem at the same ear.
Reading on Internet I have noted it isn't common among adults to have otitis external unless your immune system is damaged (by HIV?).
The only thing I can say before to have this otitis is that the days before,because it's quite cold here, I have done many hot baths (3 per days for 4 days) to warm me.
Can be this the cause of my otitis or it can be HIV?
Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Regards/Saluti

Marco

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: I have made HIV test and I'm more scared than before
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 06:05:07 pm »
Marco,

Whatever is causing your ear problems, it's not HIV. I suspect it might be due to the cold weather.

Your test results from 2002 are conclusive and there is no reason for you to think that you're HIV positive. You cannot contract HIV from receiving a blowjob, protected or otherwise.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 06:08:09 pm »
OK, a few thoughts about what you have written.

First of all, otitis is in no way an HIV-specific occurence. And just in general you need to know that neither the presence nor the absence of any specific symptoms is ever the way to know reliably about your HIV status. When there has been a real risk like unprotected intercourse then the only way to be certain about your status is to get tested at 13 weeks after the most recent risky incident.

Nothing else you are reporting in terms of oral sex has put you at risk for HIV transmission. In the entire history of the epidemic there's never been a documented case of transmission to a guy from getting blowjobs. Not one. You are not going to make history by becoming the first.

We do recommend that anyone who's sexually active ought to have a full STD panel done at least annually. Other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV so it's just a wise precaution to take.

Stop worrying needlessly about HIV and have that full panel done. As long as you always use condoms you are pretty much covered both literally and figuratively as far as HIV sexual transmission is concerned, no matter whom your partners are and no matter what their HIV status.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Marco

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 08:37:31 pm »
Thanks for your help.
I'm planning a full STD panel.
Anyway I confess I'm still scared about this otitis that I can't understand if it's external or acute-media.
How's possibile to have this otitis at 35 years old?
I don't know anyone that has otitis at this age.
If I'd have another STD, it had been low my immunsystem and so it's because I have this otitis?
I have already taken 3 pills of antibiotic (amoxcillin) but nothing for now: the pain is the same.
Only with Aulin(Nimesulide) the pain stops itself a bit,but it returns to hit hard as an hammer in my ear when the effect of Aulin finishes.
I'm worried: I think it's a sympthom the antibiotics don't work because my body isn't well.
I hope I'm wrong.

Anyway thanks again for your precious help.

Regards
Marco

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 08:03:24 pm »
You seem to be busy playing doctor with yourself without a medical license. That's never a good idea. And at the same time you're also interpreting everything and anything you don't have an answer for as meaning by default that HIV is the cause. Also a bad idea.

Nothing you have reported from your history or your symptoms suggests this is an HIV situation, no matter what your head is telling you to the contrary. You need to see your doctor and discuss specifically what's going on symptomatically and how to get it properly diagnosed.

This is not an HIV situation.   
Andy Velez

Offline Marco

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 05:33:54 pm »
Unfortunately last Saturnday I was quite drunk and before to go home by car, I stopped near a street with a very feminine transexual.
He/she gave me an unprotected oral sex and because I was drunk and he/she was very nice I have deep kissed her for few time (30-45 seconds).

I know it's hard to get HIV from this type of contact, but the point is that before to go with the transexual I have waited for h/she would finished with the previous customer and I'm sure that if he/she gave me an unprotected oral sex, he/she gave the same with the previous customer logically speaking.
So because I don't know how many time is passed between me and the previous customer (5 min?10 minutes?) I'm scared to be infected with the previous semen of the previous customer that it could be remained in certain quantities  in the mouth of the transexual.
Theoretically speaking I could be infected through a small quantity of semen of the previous client remained in the mouth both with the unprotected oral sex given to me and with the deep kissing.

I'm quite scared and I continue to try the fever.
Please tell me the truth: am I infected?Is possible an infection through the way i have described?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 05:54:47 pm »
Hi Marco,

First of all, I have merged your threads. Please keep all of your entries in this same thread. Don't start new ones if you have something else to discuss.

Once again you are worrying needlessly. Getting a blowjob is absolutely not a risk for HIV transmission even if the giver had just sucked someone who ejaculated orally. In the entire history of the epidemic not one single case has ever been confirmed of transmission in that manner to a guy getting sucked. You aren't going to make history by becoming the first.

As for kissing, that is also a no risk activity, no matter how deep.

However, other STDs are much easier to acquire. We always advise anyone who's sexually active to get regularly tested with a full STD panel. That means at least once a year.

What is a red flag in what you have reported is that you were sexing around when you were really drunk. That's a very dangerous thing to do because it's awfully easy then to forget about safer sex precautions. Avoid mixing excessive drinking and sex.

This time out you have no cause for concern about HIV.

Cheers,   
Andy Velez

Offline Marco

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 06:10:59 pm »
Thanks for your clear and precise reply Andy.
I had heard that the semen in the mouth also due to the exposition of oxygen and to saliva, in some time it should lose its viral load if it's infected.
Can you confirm this?

About the other STDs I will do another full STD panel, but do you think I can be infected with siphilis for example?
I'm trying the fever just now and I have 36.95 C degree that's very near the limit of 37 C degree.
I'm quite scared to have get something.

Thanks again for your reply.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 06:53:43 pm »
Saliva contains over 14 elements which are very effective at disabling HIV. Since giving head is one of the most common sexual activities we would have known long before today if it was a real risk for HIV transmission. And results of longterm studies confirm this.

As for other STDs, this is an HIV-specific website. I don't believe in guessing about any of this. You're sexually active so getting a regular checkup seems a prudent action to me. And there is nothing about your symptoms that jumps out to me as caused by this or that. But that's why you need to see a doctor and check everything out. Stop spending all this energy on worrying and get a checkup.
Andy Velez

Offline Marco

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 04:19:43 pm »
Good morning Andy and Ann,

I'm still here after some time passed from your answer to my post because I'm still scared.

I'm still here because in the end of August(practically now), in a warm period, I have a bacterial tonsillitis.
And it's not the first time.
It's already happened in year 2007.

Now,I have learned from the Net this kind of disease isn't common among adults (I'm 36 years old) unless you're a a damaged immune system.

I know you told me many times that through insertive unprotected oral there's no case to get HIV, but I wouldn't want that in my particular case you can because a possible exchange of body fluids has happened.
Example:
1) If I have had a protected insertive vaginal or anal and after the girl make me a blowjob on my condom and after I kiss her, theoretically speaking, my mouth and saliva enters in contact with her body fluids remained on my condom that are in her mouth.
Is this science fiction as a way to get HIV or it can be a possibility?
Please answer me sincerely whatever the true would be.

2) Are you 100% sure I can't get HIV from unprotected insertive oral even if the girl that makes the job perhaps 5 minutes before has done an identical job to the previous customer and he has come in the mouth of the lady?
If the lady hasn't spit well all the semen of the previous customer,through an unprotected insertive oral made to me or if I kiss the lady, there's the possibility I can come in contact with the infected body fluids of the previous customer.

Frankly speaking analyzing my extra sexual history of my last 9 years, I'm sure to have always use condoms for vaginal and anal intercourse ( anal intercourse always insertive), but rarely I have use them for insertive oral or clearly, to kiss girls, and now I'm quite worried to have got HIV in a strange way.
Please consider I have made these actions of my "extra" sexual history above all with prostitutes and transsexuals, so I'm talking, above all for the transsexuals, of persons at very risk for HIV infection.

What I kindly ask you is a clear and sincere answer whatever it would be because now as now I'm not able to sleep very well and every time I got sick, I think is the HIV in progress in my body.
Thanks for your attention and cooperation.

Best regards

Marco

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 05:42:55 pm »
Marco,

Kissing is not a risk for hiv infection. Getting a blowjob is also not a risk for hiv infection. It doesn't matter if she gave a blowjob to 10,000 men one second before she blew you, it's not going to result in hiv infection. Same thing for kissing. You've already been told this - re-read your thread. Our answers are not going to change.

Instead of being scared and wondering, just go test and get it over with. From what you've told us, I fully expect you to test hiv negative. Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Marco

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 05:40:47 pm »
I'm sorry I'm here again, because I'm going really crazy.

I think I really need psychological help.

This week I'll make that STD full panel check.

The point is that I'm really scared to make an HIV test.
I'm sure to have always use condoms for anal and vaginal sex, but I have here a surely swollen lymph node from the half of February that persists to be enlarged.
Sometime is very painful.

I really don't understand what can be, a part a viral infection.
A bacterial one can't be because I just had a bacterial tonsillitis at the first of September and the antibiotics I have taken, should have deleted all.
So it remains only a viral one.

And this can be HIV.

I try to calm myself and to use logic and science, but it's difficult when you get up at the morning and you feel clearly that swollen lymph node on the anterior right side of the neck.
I haven't never had a similar lymph node so swollen and for so long time in entire my life.

I'm really scared to death.
Sometimes I feel also something of strange under my left armpit: don't know if it's a swollen lymph node.
If it's, it would be a sure case of generalized lymphadenopaty and all the evidences would point to HIV.

I really don't get.
I'm sure I have always used condoms, but at this time, I'm afraid something is gone wrong as the condoms broke and perhaps I didn't realize or it has slipped away.
It would be strange, because due to my paranoia I have always signed in accurate way on a mini block notes what I have done with female and tranny street sex workers only 5-7 minutes after the fact to put in written words immediately after the fact to be extremely sure about all is gone ok and if something of strange is happened.
If I check my notes in all my reports I have added the world "sure", sign all is gone ok and condom has worked fine.

So I don't really get what can be happened because at logic nothing shouldn't be happened, but the swollen lymph node is still there.

My guess is that I have taken the HIV through an anomalous and particular situation of deep kissing or unprotected insertive oral as I have explained before (the hypothetic cum left in the mouth from the previous customer, supposing the female or the tranny sex worker has sucked a client 5 minutes before me, the client has swallowed in her mouth and she hasn't spit well all the semen)

What it's adding scare to scare it's also I have now influenza.
So at the first of September I have got a bacterial tonsillitis (very uncommon for the period) and now only after two month and influenza.

It seems I have a debilitated immuno system and all the evidence point to HIV.

About that anterior right swollen lymph node in my neck, enlarged from the half of February, I have checked 1000 times my block notes and for the previous 4 months and I see only some protected insertive anal and vaginal, and some unprotected insertive oral, plus some deep kissing.
The nearest risk to this enlarged lymph node would be an insertive anal intercourse at 31 January, but it was protected.
Theoretically as ARS time between 31 January and 15 February we're perfect in range, but the intercourse was protected, plus I have had only this enlargement of lymph node, but no other symptoms as fever or other.

Don't know if lymph nodes because of HIV enlarge usually in ARS and they keep enlarging or they can enlarge also many months after the day of the contagious.
It will be appreciated if you can tell me this information.

Anyway, please reassure me because I'm scared to death and if, after having used always condoms, I haven't noticed they broke or slipped way and I have taken HIV.
It should be unfair and a great injustice!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 06:03:29 pm »
So in your incredible and totally non-professional evaluation you have diagnosed yourself as having a viral infection and HIV!!!! WOW!

All of that has absolutely no basis in HIV science of course. If you have symptoms that are bothing you, discuss them with your doctor and stop playing doctor on yourself. It's bad for your health to do that. Nothing you have reported previously leads me to think HIV is a your problem. Cut out the drama and get on with your life and see your doctor about your symptoms. 
Andy Velez

Offline Marco

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 06:56:09 pm »
Frankly speaking I prey you're right Andy because I'm scared to death.

Every time I get up in the morning and feel this pushing swollen lymph node on my anterior side of the neck, I go mad.

I continue to think and re think all I have done and I'm sure I have always put the condom during insertive anal and vaginal sex.
I can't be gone wrong: I knew perfectly the situations were very risky and I was always aware of this checking every minute during the intercourse if the condom was ok.

My concern frankly speaking is that perhaps you, Ann and this site, to not scare millions and millions of people who have sex out there, tell deep kissing and insertive oral isn't dangerous, while instead it's.

I don't care if your political trend is left or liberal: I need to be sure you're telling me the true even if the true can't be nice in my case.

The point is that during my high risk sex with street SW and trannies my only sure and repetitive risk has been deep kissing and unprotected insertive oral.

Let's see me and you straight face to face: trannies engage usually much riskier sex than females SW.
Females SW are usually very professional and cold: they make what they have to do for money and period.
Trannies are different: they're more passionate and if you're quite nice and young,they have no problem to deep kiss you and to make an unprotected blowj*b.

If a tranny sucked me without condom,surely he/she sucked the previous client in the same way.
I'm 100% sure of this.

And if he/she hasn't spit very well the semen of the previous customer, deep kissing her and through an unprotected insertive oral,I'm scared to have take HIV from the body fluids of the previous client.

Anyway, the point is that now I have from months and months this swollen lymph node on the anterior side of my neck,while the last year I haven't as in my entire life.
And surely the lymph node doesn't swell when you go to the barber or to buy some cloth.

I know something has happened.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 07:10:14 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2009, 07:31:36 pm »
I'm going to let the insulting tone and attitude of your comments go without further comment.

It is not our job to convince you about the accuracy of what we tell you here. We're very careful in our evaluations. For you to insist you had his risk sex because you were sucked by a trans person is patently ridiculous.

Go see your doctor about your swollen nodes.

As Rod has already told you, you're on the verge of getting a time out here for 28 days.  We've evaluated your situation, you were not at risk and that is all there is, there isn't anymore. And get yourself some help from a therapist or other professional.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 07:33:17 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline Marco

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2009, 07:45:39 pm »
Thanks a lot Andy.
It wasn't absolutely my intention in any way to insult you or your great job here that's very appreciated from my side.
I wanted only to be 100% sure that what you say is 100% free from any political orientation and were 100% based on pure science.

I thank you again for the free service you provide for all.

Best regards

Marco

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 06:50:16 am »
Marco,

Our risk assessments are 100% based on science. The science is the same regardless of political affiliation.

I've already told you that as a sexually active adult, you should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Go test, collect your negative result, and get it over with. You will not be permitted to use this forum to self-diagnose and fret over no-risk situations like kissing and getting blown.

This is your last warning.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Marco

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 07:50:15 am »
My past sexual acts were protected insertive anal intercourse with trannies street sex workers plus unprotected oral insertive, plus some deep kissing with these trannies.

Assumed I'm 99,9999% sure the condoms never broke because I constantly kept an eye on them in every intercourse, I'm concerned about strange ways to be infected.

1) One way is to be infected by perhaps some little left infected cum remained in the mouth of the tranny from the previous client that perhaps ejaculated in her mouth and that she has passed to me via deep kissing. I don't know how many time is passed from the previous clients: I suppose at least 10-15 minutes. Is it enough to make the contact indirect or not?

2) The other way, more complicated, is this one: in some occasion after the insertive protected anal intercourse, the tranny made me a protected blowjob and after we have had a deep kissing.
Now I'm scared that perhaps some infected liquid inside the anus of the tranny is passed, first, to the surface of the condom, after from the condom to mouth of the tranny via blowjob and at the end from the mouth of the tranny to my mouth via deep kissing.
Don't know how many time is involved in this series of operation, but surely no more than few minutes.
In your opinion this way can be a realistic one to be infected with HIV?
Does the few time passed in this series of operation enough to configure the contact direct instead than indirect?

Anyway, said so, the doctor(?) made me the HIV test told me:

1) Unprotected insertive oral acts are at risk(!)
2) The condom never fully protected from the infection at 100%, but only at 95%.

In conclusion, now I'm more scared than before the test!

Please be so kind to clarify me these points and if my indicated ways of infection are realistic or not.

Thanks for your attention.

Best regards

Marco

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 07:51:49 am »
 Please do not start a new thread every time you have another question or thought - regardless if you think your questions are related to each other or not. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Additional threads will be merged.

 If you cannot find your thread, click on the "Show own posts" link in the left-hand column of any forum page, under your name.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 08:07:40 am »
Marco,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

We've already explained to you in great detail why the activities you're worried about aren't risks for hiv infection. We're not going to go through it with you again. Re-read your thread. All of it.

I fully expect your result to be negative.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Marco

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 08:17:21 am »
I understand your point and warning Ann, but this time I have a new serious element to add to my thread.

The doctor told me condom protects only 95% and this is a total bad news for me.
How can be possible this statement?

I thought unbroken and well used condom from the start to the end of the intercourse would protect 100%!  :-\

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 08:20:16 am »
http://www.cdc.gov/condomeffectiveness/latex.htm
Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Including HIV Infection, Latex condoms, when used consistently and correctly, are highly effective in preventing the sexual transmission of HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. In addition, consistent and correct use of latex condoms reduces the risk of other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), including diseases transmitted by genital secretions, and to a lesser degree, genital ulcer diseases. Condom use may reduce the risk for genital human papillomavirus (HPV) infection and HPV-associated diseases, e.g., genital warts and cervical cancer.

Laboratory studies have demonstrated that latex condoms provide an essentially impermeable barrier to particles the size of STD pathogens.

Offline Marco

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 08:27:38 am »
Thanks a lot RapidRod.
CDC is a very reliable source.

The question is now closed for me.
Now I have only to wait for the test result.

Thanks to all for the cooperation and the free service given.

Best regards!

Marco

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2010, 09:09:11 am »
...and ultimately if you are looking for 100% safety regarding sex, then use your hand. That's the only 100% safe form of sex. However, as science has proven, a properly worn latex condom provides very, very effective protection when having vaginal or anal intercourse.

We expect you to test negative.
Andy Velez

Offline Marco

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 06:53:12 am »
This morning ( Europe time ) I have had the results of my test.
It's NEGATIVE not only for HIV,but for all the STDs!

I'm so happy today!  :)

I want to say very thanks to Andy and Ann for the technical support given to me in these years in my dark periods of anxiety for HIV.

Thanks a lot guys.

May God blesses you.  :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 07:07:12 am by Marco »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2010, 08:23:15 am »
That's happy news indeed, Marco. Include as a part of your celebrating  to always without exception use a condom when you have vaginal or anal intercourse. Those are the only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV. When you use a condom you are well protected.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline Marco

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2010, 12:20:26 pm »
Hello again,

This time I'm here not for myself,but for a friend that doesn't know very well English and kindly wanted an opinion from experts.
My friend is HIV+,in therapy,but I don't know if he has undetectable VL.

Yesterday night he has had an intercourse with a girl and the condom broke laterally but not at the head of the condom he told to me.
He told me he came during the intercourse but few and when he saw the condom after the extraction he didn't see the cum in.

He asked me if the girl has to do PEP under these explained circumstances.
What do you advice?

Thanks for your kind service.

Regards

Marco

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2010, 12:31:38 pm »
The condom protected his partner until it broke. HIV is easier to transmit from male to female rather than the other way round. Since he knows he ejaculated and the semen wasn't in the condom that was definitely risky for her.

In this instance just to be sure I would suggest she do PEP. If she is going to do it she has to get started not more thant 48-72 hours after the incident. She can go to any Emergency Room to get started and then get the rest of the 28 day dosage from her own doctor.

The countdown for testing after PEP begins after PEP regiment is completed. In other words for a final, conclusive result to confirm being negative, she has to test at 13 weeks after the completion of PEP.
Andy Velez

Offline Marco

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2011, 05:32:03 pm »
Hello.

Sorry to disturb you again, but still scared here.
Perhaps on nothing,but I'd be glad to have some assurance.

You know the old Latin saying: perseverare diabolicum.

My case unfortunately, but the meat is weak.

I was in a night lap dance club 3 months ago, have danced with a stripper and she made me an unprotected insertive blowjob.
Frankly speaking I have also made this thing both because I have drunk a bit ( not a lot ) and because I remembered insertive oral hadn't no risk for HIV.
I have also checked my penis after and I remembered no macroscopic evidence of blood on it.

So what's the problem?

It's that after around 1 week later it has appeared a swollen lymphnode on the right part of my groin.
After 3 months ago it's still there.

How's possible?

I'm really depressed.
It seems every time I have sex with someone even if the risk is little or zero,some symptom comes up to scare me!
It seems I need to make an HIV test every time I make sex.
Really depressed here.

The point is now,after the symptom the paranoia is rampant and I wonder if,assuming there's no risk for insertive oral due to no contact with blood,I could have been perhaps infected by the previous "customer" that perhaps she blew 15 minute before and where he has ejaculated in her mouth.

It could be?

As told you the paranoia is rampant here,but it's a fact I have now a swollen lymphnode on the right part of my groin,because haven't nothing on the left side and so the difference is clear.

So I'm still here to kindly re-ask your assurance.

Thanks again for your precious service.

Best regards

Marco

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2011, 06:19:41 pm »
Marco,

Whatever is causing your swollen lymph glands has nothing to do with hiv. You did not have a risk for hiv infection.

If you want to know what IS causing your swollen glands, go see a doctor. We cannot diagnose you here.

And don't bother coming back with more questions. You were not at risk for hiv infection. End of story. Go see a doctor to find out what is really going on.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2011, 05:28:18 pm »
Marco,

Stop trying to create new accounts. If you've forgotten your password, then you need to go to the main login page and click on the "forgot password" link.

If you try to create another new account, I will permanently ban you. We take our "one account per person" rule very seriously here. You'd be wise to also take it seriously.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Marco

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2011, 08:56:54 pm »
Ann,

I swear on my head I have never created any new accounts.

Only used this and posted in this thread only.
Really.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2011, 09:34:57 pm »
Marco,

Yeah, right, that explains why when your IP address logged two failed password attempts, right afterwards we started getting applications for new accounts from that same IP address. Pull the other one, it has bells on. ::)

Don't bother coming back with more denials. I know what went on. Just don't do it again, ok?

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Marco

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2015, 05:40:07 pm »
Hello guys,
Just made the subscription as paid member because I'm very agitated and I need answers from some expert!

I have deep kissed a street transexual sex worker in data 20 October 2014 and I had a cancer sore in my mouth.
At the time during the kissing, I remeber to have not tasted blood, so I was quite,BUT approx 15-20 days after I have felt a strange sensation of an enlargement of something on the back of my neck.
Now, we're in data 9 February and the sensation remains: there's surely something. I don't know if it's a enlargment of lymphnode, but something there is.
I have tasted myself to look for other eventual lymphnodes in my body, but to me, there aren't, at least superficially.
About any signs of ARS as fever, I haven't had: and I'm sure of this, because knowing what I have done I have kept myself checked looking for eventual syntoms, even the smaller.

Now my 2 BIG doubts are:
1) And if there was some blood and I haven't noticed/tasted it for some motive, am I screwed up with cancer sore?
Usually I'm not worried for a deep kiss, but the cancer sore there was and the street TSW is highly probably HIV+ because the statistics say this.
2) I don't know what the street TSW has made with his mouth 5-15 minutes before.
And if a previous client,HIV positive, has swallowed in her mouth? Have I had a risk if the TSW hasn't spit out all very well and something is remained in her mouth?
The doctors haven't still clarified very well about the point of HIV outside the body and the difference between when it's not any more contagious and when it's dead.
I mean: the HIV virus in few SECONDS outside the body is not any more contagious and few MNUTES dies.
Please confirm: seconds and minutes are 2 different orders of size.

I can't think to have screwed up all for a deep kiss with a canker sore!
But I have read in case of blood in mouth, a canker sore is an higway for HIV virus.
Please help me because I'm very agitated.
Thanks for reply me.

Best regards

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2015, 05:50:54 pm »
Kissing is not a risk for HIV, period .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Marco

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2015, 04:37:24 am »
Thanks Jeff.
Also deep kissing with canker sore is safe?
Ususally I'd be quiet,but that caker sore makes me nervous.
What if some blood would have been present?
Wouldn't have been a risk with the canker sore?
Sorry to insist but I'm agitated.
Thanks again.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2015, 08:03:39 am »
Kissing is not a risk for HIV no matter what you throw into the mix .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Marco

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2015, 10:07:02 am »
Ok,Jeff.
Thanks I'm quite now.
Also the Italian doctor on an Italian language forum says the same thing.

Best regards

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.