Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:59:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 388
Total: 388

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Mystery Rat  (Read 4870 times)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Mystery Rat
« on: August 26, 2006, 10:06:15 am »
As many here will note, Jaser (Mouse) is a guardian of pet rats and mice. His oldest rat, Miss Mystery is not doing so well at the moment. She has cancer and arthritis and feels pretty poorly. You can find a link to her particular story here. As Jaser says, shes a grand old lady.

Our Little Man (Jaser) cares for these beasties very much and it would help if all of us posted in this thread to tell Squeakie-Boi (Jaser) how much we love him and his pets. You get one Jaser, make sure you tell him how important he is.

Matty the Damned

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
Re: Mystery Rat
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 10:56:07 am »
Oh no, poor Mystery.
She has obviously lived a good life.....to live so long. 

Sorry to hear of the unfortunatate news Jaser.

:'(

Meh.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 11:20:25 am »
Bump this shit!

MtD

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 11:36:43 am »
Jaser, life is a "Mystery" and you are one of the few who takes the time to live it.

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 05:08:56 pm »
<3 <3 <3  <-- those are hearts.

I was going to post an update on her eventually. But, it's difficult. I had to bring her into PetCo with me when we got home to get her some stuff cause I couldn't leave her in the car, and an employee asked to pet her and I said sure. And basically the tumor in her tummy is so big that the lady asked if she was pregnant, and I said no, we just got back from the vet. And I found it really hard to tell her what was wrong with her because I really didn't want to say it/think about it.

She's very special in that she's the oldest rat I've ever owned and that she's the only rat I have that gives kisses! If you lean into her and ask her to give you kissies she pokes her nose against your lips. Gross to some! Really sweet to me.

I've had her for so long now. It's hard to imagine her not being around because she's such a fixture. I've had her alll through highschool and everything that has happened ALONG with highschool and not once has she given up on me (as long as I have yogurt treats for her!)

Anyway, I'm a little bit nuts about the rodents and stuff (everyone knows that by now, haha). I've given so many antibiotics and drugs and stuff to my pets that the vet by now just hands me the bottle of junk, tells me how much to give and goes off on her business. xD. Typically they explain how to give the meds but I'm such a pro. Haha.

Mystery has been taking her arthritis meds really good so far, so at least that'll alleviate some of her discomfort. I just want to make her as comfortable as possible for the rest of the time she has. I love her very much.

And you guys aren't too bad either. Although I'll have to say you'd all be a whole lot cuter with fur and long tails.  :D
Thanks Matty <3 <3 <3 <- hearts! again. and everybody else. It really does mean a lot to me that I'm not alone in whatever winds up happening to her.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 05:13:05 pm »
jaser, joining this site forever ruined your chances of being utterly alone. You know I think the world of you. And the devotion you show to your animals.... well... maybe not all people suck.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 05:42:07 pm »
Anyone who loves animals is (usually) A-OK by me!
BIG HUG to you Jaser, teeny tiny tender tickles to your furry friends and an extra special tickle for Mystery!

Melia :)
(who always remembers Jaser with fondness as the first person she IM-ed here)

/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Christine

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 07:58:32 pm »
Hi Jaser,
I am so sorry to hear about Mystery. I know she is so beloved. She is also very lucky to have such a wonderful daddy. Give her a big kiss from me!
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 06:44:57 am »
Hi Jaser

I've just got round to catching up with all the posts, I was so sorry to hear about Mystery...how is she doing?

I know how much you love your babies, she is such a lucky lady to have the love of a wonderful young man.

Hugs to you both
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 12:25:38 pm »
Dear Jaser,

Mystery was the most fortunate lady-rat to find a home with you! It's such a sweet story to read how much you care for her, and all your four-leggeds!

Bless you for reducing her discomfort from the arthritis, sweetie.

With love,

Zeph :-*
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 06:07:37 pm »
Hey Jaser....

Its been awhile since we've chatted and I'm sorry to hear about Ms. Mystery.  Even though I don't much care for mice...your devotion to these furry little creatures is heart wrenching.  Please don't forget we love you and you should not suffer in silence.  We're your family and like Jonathan says...Not all people suck.

{{{ Big Hug }}}

Me thinks Matty has a soft spot for our little Jaser man.....as do we all I suspect :-*
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.