Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Positive Last august 15

<< < (2/3) > >>

Loa111:
Welcome & sorry to hear you have HIV. It is a terrible shock, even these days when the treatment is excellent .I was shocked when I found out I'd HIV, but a couple of weeks later when I found out I'd a CD4 of 22 and AIDS, I was terrified! Luckily everyone on this forum helped me & explained to me not to worry about the AIDs classication at all, that the meds will help me recover, and they did.

Actually none of my ID Docs every used the term "AIDS" to me, they call is "Advanced HIV", which sounds much nicer.

Anyway, the good news for you, and you may not feel this yet, but you will eventually...you will eventually kind of forget that you have HIV, you take a pill (2 in my case) daily, go to the Docs a few times a year, get bloods done, a quick discussion of test results, and that's it! It will become so normal to you, that you won't think of it much at all. I often aside from popping the pills, forget that I have HIV, and even when I do think of it, it means nothing to me, since the medication is working nicely!

I hope that helps. Keep coming back to this forums as it is a great place to find encouragement, especially in earlier days.

numbersguy82:

--- Quote from: PHLApoz on October 02, 2023, 06:48:50 pm ---Hey thank you for reading and for your encouragement. Id like
To join in your peer support group. Can you send me info?

--- End quote ---

Yes that would be fantastic. Our next support call is next Friday, please send me a private message with your email so that I can send you the link!

Tonny2:

ojo.             @numbers, i think the OP must have posted at least three post before he can PM, i hope he is able too get the info for the meeting…goid luck…hugs

Jim Allen:

--- Quote from: PHLApoz on October 02, 2023, 06:48:50 pm ---Hey thank you for reading and for your encouragement. Id like
To join in your peer support group. Can you send me info?

--- End quote ---

Hiya.

In order to send or receive private messages, you first need to post at least three times on the forums.

PHLApoz:
Thanks for your responses.

I really need support therapy where i can verbalize my feelings. Though my
Anxiety has been lessened it is still there. I know the people who can understand me are here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version