Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

HIV Medications

(1/4) > >>

Jim Allen:
*** Note: Updated thread further down with latest details and drug charts***

We’ve come a long way since the early years of the HIV/AIDS epidemic. Today, there are safe and effective drugs on the market to treat HIV that are easy to take and have fewer side effects.

Click for a list of approved and experimental HIV medications

Click for a list of approved HIV medications and their dosing info.

Click for a printable version of the POZ 2017 Drug Chart. (updated July 2017

For information about the specific classes of HIV drugs, links can be found here: hiv-medications
Single-Tablet Regimens
Nucleoside/Nucleotide Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors (NRTIs)
Non-Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors (NNRTIs)
Protease Inhibitors (PIs)
Integrase Inhibitors
Monoclonal Antibodies
Entry Inhibitors
Pharmacokinetic Enhancers

Anyone looking for information on starting treatment can begin by reading this brief and useful lesson: Starting treatment.

Click for treatment recommendations.

wardp:
Thanks Jim, but still a problem with the generics of all these new drugs been made available in all asian countries including Thailand,i hope they become available at affordable cost to all soon,  indian companies such as mylan and hetero  cipla etc are leading the way in generic arvs,

Jim Allen:
Generics take time, but its good to know what treatment combination are possible and out there. ;) Unfortunately i doubt ill ever have an (up-to-date) guide for every individual nation.

kentfrat1783:
I've actually looked into the generics through my insurance and the co-pays I'd have to pay are higher then the brand name Rx.  That part is shocking but when they came to talk to us at work they said sometimes that will be true as they feel the brand name Rx is better. 

Jim Allen:
Updated with 2018 details and drug charts.

We’ve come a long way since the early years of the HIV/AIDS epidemic. Today, there are safe and effective drugs on the market to treat HIV that are easy to take and have fewer side effects.

Click for a list of approved and experimental HIV medications

Click for a list of approved HIV medications and their dosing info.

Click for a printable version of the POZ 2017 Drug Chart. (updated July 2017

For information about the specific classes of HIV drugs, links can be found here: hiv-medications

Single-Tablet Regimens
Nucleoside/Nucleotide Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors (NRTIs)
Non-Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors (NNRTIs)
Protease Inhibitors (PIs)
Integrase Inhibitors
Monoclonal Antibodies
Entry Inhibitors
Pharmacokinetic Enhancers

Anyone looking for information on starting treatment can begin by reading this brief and useful lesson: Starting treatment.

Click for treatment recommendations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version