Main Forums > Living With HIV

"HOPE DIES LAST"

<< < (47/48) > >>

leatherman:

--- Quote from: Tonny2 on June 17, 2024, 01:12:03 pm ---Zerit, Videx
drop foot or drop toe

--- End quote ---
oooh. i forgot about Videx. mmmm that chalky goodness.  :o

It's funny (well, not funny funny, as much as an interesting observation) that these forums aren't filled with talks about side effects anymore. Heck. I bet half the traffic in these forums has declined just by no one discussing med side effects any more. Yea! Thanks to medical advancements the meds are sooooooo much better these days. :D

Well, I've always been kinda klutzy. One weak ankle that can sprain by just walking down a flat hallway, and being in my early 60s now seem to be the main reasons for any mobility issues I have. :D

Tonny2:

ojo.             Well, Iím glad you donít have to deal with drop foot and toe because it is a pain in the butt, Literally, especially when you try to sleep you do not know in what position to sleep on your mattress.

And yes, youíre right, nobody else talks about the toxicity of the medication, are we lucky?. Definitely, as you said, the advancement in technology itís making this condition livable with less side effects.Ö Thanks again for replying and hugs.

Tonny2:

ojo       Hello everyone!Ö I guess that the good thing about having HIV is that you are checked for everything while people who are negative down to often. Saturday we have a colonoscopy. I have to have it done every five years because of history of colon cancer in my family. My brother, the oldest one, died of colon cancer eleven years ago and my first cousin just lost her battle to cancer last month 😔Ö So Stomorrow liquid. diet all day long and Saturday at 11 AM my procedure. In the preview colonoscopy, they found a polyp, but it wasnít anything to worry about.

Last June  nine my must loyal supporter, my mother, just turned 90 years old, she has been fighting with me HIV/AIDS For the last 30 years. And she still goes with me to my doctors appointment.Ö OK I will keep you posted about the results of my colonoscopy.Ö Hugs

Tonny2:

ojo.              Hello everyone!Ö I had my colonoscopy done yesterday, the doctor found five large polyps, there were sent to the lab. I asked him why they were so large. He said that maybe genetics he doesnít think that I had to worry about anything, but we had to wait for the lab results. So I told him, OK. I see you in five years and he said nope we have to do it again in one year. Weíll see what happens.

I wonder if taking medication for 30 could have something to do with polyps or some kind of cancer, maybe our nice moderator could chine in and help me understand this.Ö Like I said before, living with a Chevy has its advantages because we see our doctors every six months and if there is something wrong, we can cash whatever might be on time. In my case, I had to have colonoscopies every five years, because my older brother and my cousin die of column besides that I guess because Iím over 50 recommended to have it done anyways.Ö I will keep you posted Öhugs

Ps. sorry for the typos

leatherman:

--- Quote from: Tonny2 on June 23, 2024, 12:32:00 pm ---He said that maybe genetics he doesnít think that I had to worry about anything, but we had to wait for the lab results. he doesnít think that I had to worry about anything, but we had to wait for the lab results.
I had to have colonoscopies every five years, because my older brother and my cousin die of column besides that I guess because Iím over 50 recommended to have it done anyways

--- End quote ---
sorry to hear about the polyps and hopefully they are nothing.

sounds like it could be hereditary.

for my husband, colonoscopies are a touchy issue because of how ours went. :D

I had spent so long thinking I was going to die of aids. 15 yrs of being just a step away from death will give you some serious ptsd....especially if you end up recovering and getting better again. So I put off the colonoscopy that you're supposed to get at 50 until I was 56. Oddly enough not dying and getting healthy again, even as I was getting physically older for a decade, will give you a a different kind of ptsd. LOL So now I had to be responsible for my long term health.

Grudgingly still, I did the prep (when I learned jello is NOT food) and took the stupid test and got told no polyps and a very clean colon. I don't have to test again for a decade! Woot! Larry, who is 5 years younger than me, had his colonoscopy at 50 like you're supposed to and had one polyp removed, with his next test in 5 yrs. I keep telling him because my late testing was so good that I'm not going to do it again...but I'll be there to help get him through his next one. ;) :) LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version