Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:52:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 209
Total: 209

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: A fork in the road  (Read 2795 times)

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
A fork in the road
« on: July 23, 2007, 01:15:20 pm »
Hey guys, you didnt think I forgot about you chumps did ya?

I haven't had the chance to get on here much lately and dazzle you all with my quick wit and charm.  I find myself at a fork in the road of my life.  I have had the good fortune of working side by side with some amazing individuals the past 2 months.  One was the president of a 6 billion dollar organization, and the other took a company from 4 billion to 10 billion in sales in 4 years or so.  These guys are incredibly intelligent and their successes speak for themselves.  But the best part is....they are genuine, honest, and wonderful to be around.  Work is finally a lot of fun again.

2 months ago I was tasked with a small but important project, but just to help out for a couple weeks then back to my regular role.  Well, that project led to another and another and has culminated in a career opportunity that I would be foolish to pass up.  The mere opportunity to be the go to guy for these gentleman is worth its weight in gold, but, I have the opportunity to also increase my base pay by 33% and with bonuses to quadruple my yearly income in 18 months.  And in addition to that little nugget I get the chance to design and implement an entire division of our company with the "10 Billion" guy as a mentor.

I know if all goes as planned in 5 years I will be part of the "inner circle" with these 2 guys.  And that will lead to more opportunities with other companies they own, run/develop.  All they do is start up companies, bring in their "team", and sell them off at huge profits with the "team" getting a major cut. Or they come in to secure financing and then sell off the company or take it public.  Truly an opportunity that comes along once in a lifetime......especially for a guy with no college degree and who has COOTIES!!!!

I guess I just wanted you guys to know that I havent been IGNORING you fools!  I have just been working from 7am-10pm almost every day and on the weekends as well lately.  And I still have to find some time for the wife and kiddos.  I love you guys but I aint sleeping with any of you so you get knocked down my priority list just a little bit!

Anyway, I miss it here, but I'm happy again with my career and thats always important.  Anyone who wants to email me or whatever just PM me and I'll get you my email addy.

I'll still be stopping by to add my 2 cents!

Love all of you guys,
Andrew
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: A fork in the road
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 05:39:06 pm »
Hey Andrew

Family and work come first, don't you worry about all us little people, we will be here waiting for you when you find the time to call in.

All I ask is that you remember us when you hit the "Rich List".

It's great to hear that you are doing so well.

Hugs to you and the wife.
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Nadine

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 07:29:19 pm »
Best of luck to you Andrew!

(((HUGS)))

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 07:40:38 pm »
~see picture below~

Or as they say in this part of the world - "fah-kin-ell!"

At long last, you've found someone who appreciates your sense of humour. Do you pepper your emails to your two Mr Bigs with humorous photos? Betcha you do - I'm sure you can't resist. ;D

Good luck and like Jan says - don't forget about us when you're in the Fortune 500. ;)

Ann

Edited because apparently, I cannot spell correctly after midnight. Fah-kin-ell!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 07:45:02 pm by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 08:25:50 pm »
Well honey, I definitely ain't mad at you....Just remember, "Make money, don't let it make you." Wishes you success and all that... ;D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 11:00:59 pm »
Rather than wonder if we've felt ignored...try envisioning this. Your posts have been missed!! Yes, I've actually missed your whacked out, ADHD, laugh riot, high energy posts.  Congratulations on one of the best explanations for absenteeism one could hope for. No college?, cooties? (how cute a reference) -- why, I say, all the better--call ADA, tell him you've got some exciting news (kidding, your style, kidding)...you're not at this crossroads by accident. I'm with Queen on the dough attitude although I know being newly wed and all that it comes at a fine time for you two. It sounds like you are having fun and being challenged---it doesn't get much better than that.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.