Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:09:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 369
Total: 369

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 6 hours in the ER for a bleeding hemorrhoid!!!  (Read 9013 times)

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
6 hours in the ER for a bleeding hemorrhoid!!!
« on: September 04, 2006, 08:19:27 pm »
Well, it's 11:30 Saturday night, and I am "prepping" (all you queers know what I mean by this) to go out on the town to have a few drinks with friends, and as I am in the shower...blood...lots of freaking blood!! (Please no Carrie jokes here...I tried to "plug it up" but it just wouldn't stop!!)

I had no idea what was going on...I mean I have blood in my stool before, but this looked like something out of a Nightmare on Elm Street movie. Needless to say, it scared me enough to drive my ass to hospital emergency room. Now this being my first experience with a North Carloina ER, I had to write out my problem...apparently this is so I don't scream in the lobby, that I am bleeding out of my ASS...so, the nice nurse, whose haircolor, I swear was a shade of yellow not found in nature, calls me back to get me checked in.

I sit there with the arm cuff around my left bicep as the machine checks my blood pressure: 132/81 slightly elevated cause I am in the ER and nervous...So, she runs down the whole gamut of conditions that I may have, until she hits HIV...which by the way was whispered and not stated in the same matter of fact tone as the rest of the list. So, I stated matter of fact, yes I am HIV positive and I am bleeding out of my bum!

I was then asked to wait in this little room, out of the perview of the rest of the people waiting to see a doctor. I was isolated...which could have been much worse I suppose..oh wait..it did get worse. As sit there for an hour or so, very uncomfortable mind you, in comes three gun shot wounds, and a broken wrist where the bone was protruding the man's skin...it was AWESOME!!! I know he was in pain...but WOW, I never saw anything like it...so I asked..."Can I touch it??" To which he replied...ever so eloquently: "Fuck NO, cracker you high you muther, fuckin cracker..." so I rethought my position on the matter, and left it alone...

So, I sit, and these four poor souls all go before me...I sat there for 3 hours before getting to an exam room...the room itself was decorated with one of those tables with the stirrups in it...and I thought..."oooohhhh this could be fun!" But alas, they put me on a stretcher, told me to strip, put the gown on and wait...I waited two more hours for the dr to show up...

The doctor walks in...OMG...HOT...blue, piercing eyes, grayish hair, perfect body...I was in heaven...then he turned me over, stuck his finger in my ass, and left... :'( he could have at least kissed me...but no...men!

So, he leaves, nurse comes in, to take blood...I showed her my ass, and she said: "no the arm will do..." her loss! Any way, she took 16 viles of blood...went on her way...I then waited another two hours...I watched an entire documentary on Gene Kelly...(who by the way was a complete task master!!)

Tests all come back normal...not sure what bloods they took...but they were all normal. And it turns out I had bleeding hemorrhoid...nice...very nice...I finally get a HOT doctor to poke my ass...and for what??? A HEMORRHOD!!!

Any way, so...I didn't get home till 5AM Sunday morning...sheesh...

Just thought I would share my tale of woe...

thanks for being here everyone!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline Life

• Member 2005
Re: 6 hours in the ER for a bleeding hemorrhoid!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 08:36:08 pm »
OMG god Jeromy...  Oh what a Labor-Intensive-Care-Day you had... Honey,  can I kiss it and make it all better for ya hon? ;)

What a story...  Better quit sticking things up there for awhile....

Whats all this about Ritz Crackers?  Us country folk are stupid you know...

Love Ya!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 08:39:48 pm by Eric »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 08:57:37 pm »
POZ, I didn't mean to laugh. At least you saved some money not going to the bar. Cracker?  :D

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 09:15:39 pm »
the whole thing was pretty comical...
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 09:32:06 pm »
Oh honey,

Matty the Damned sympathises. Butt maladies are totally beyond the pale. ;)

MtD

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 09:50:21 pm »
Good Lord Jeromy!   You poor guy.....   :'(
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 10:50:28 pm »
hey dude, yeesh!  not quite the night out u expected...

drew

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 11:34:23 pm »
Ok. Now the only thing you have to do is find out that sexy doctors times at the hospital...And CASUALY drop by...:P

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 04:48:31 am »
Trust me...you DON'T want the doctors.  You want the nurses.  ;)

Glad everything is, um, "better" though.

Take care,
John

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 05:02:15 am »
What some of us will do for a little attention! LMAO...This is a classic story!
Positive since 1985

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 08:24:04 am »
it's terrible they made you wait for hours and hours.  >:( glad you're okay. 

i know we want to be thorough when prepping but you have to know when to say when

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 10:27:20 am »
Great story, Jeromy, and love the new pic. Where in NC were you?

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 10:50:24 am »
Great story, Jeromy, and love the new pic. Where in NC were you?

I am in Charlotte now...aren't you Greensboro?? Not far mister!! Oh and thanks about the pic...I lost 18 pounds and working out almost everyday...its starting to show!!!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline Jeff64

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006, 03:30:42 pm »
I hope your ass is all well now.
What a great story! Glad it was not me.

Jeff

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2006, 03:49:45 pm »
Oink! Not a laughing matter but I sit here laughing at your descriptions. Not the ideal way to spend your Saturday night. The bleeding would have freaked me out. The gun shot victims and the broken wrist would have made me puke! The stirrups and your ass would made me forget about all that. I'm sure your blue eyed doctor whacked off to your ass when things slowed down. :) Take it easy down there. Give it a break now and then.  ;)

Love ya

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 05:12:33 pm »
I will be seeing my provider tomorrow morning for a follow up to the ER...just to be on the safe side...I am sure this will be another fun filled adventure!!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline Jeff64

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 07:18:59 pm »
Hopefully there will be a nice anal probe by that cute Dr.

One can only hope for the best!
Jeff

Offline Robert

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 11:54:44 pm »
Jeromy...

I feel your pain.  I've been there, done that.  When it happened to me, it was sporadic so I didn't think I had been bleeding that much.  Then I got very, very anemic and had to get a transfusion.  I'm now taking iron pills (you know kinda like Geritol, for iron-poor blood?).  Anyway, you might want to ask your Dr to check your blood and your iron levels.  If you start feeling tired and run down, it could be your low blood levels.

robert

Offline Eldon

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2006, 01:41:28 am »
Wow Jeromy, what a night you had this past Saturday night. Hope all heals well for you.

Have the BEST Day!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2006, 02:13:26 pm »
Jeromy, I'm only a Paramedic not a doctor, but if you need it packed just call me.  ;) No I didn't just say that.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2006, 02:28:33 pm »
if you need it packed just call me.  /quote

Rodney, yes u did  ;D

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2006, 02:44:57 pm »
Jeromy, I'm only a Paramedic not a doctor, but if you need it packed just call me.  ;) No I didn't just say that.

Could you??? I am a good patient!!  ;D
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.