Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:16:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 247
Total: 248

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Worst move of my life  (Read 29204 times)

Offline chotu

Worst move of my life
« on: August 06, 2006, 03:09:03 pm »
Hi, 
First of all, I would like to tell you about my sexual history.  I am a heterosexual male, 27 years old, who has been sexually active since 18.  The last HIV test I took was on April 21, 2006 which came back negative.  Since then, I have had 3-4 encounters of unprotected oral sex, getting fallatio for all instances and given cunningilus once out of those 3-4 times.  Giving didnt last long, only about 30 seconds.  Getting lasted pretty much till I came in all instances.  The encounter which I had that Im scared of was about 10 days ago where I inserted my penis in the vagina for 3 seconds before I heard the condom break.  I quickly retracted from going further and did not insert after the fact.  I beleive that my partner came already since I was fingering her before I inserted but Im not certain.  I wiped of my penis and she started giving me fallatio until I came.  2 days after that, another lady I met gave me fallatio and licked my anus for about a 10 minute encounter until I came.  Now, I have swelling of a lymph node on the left side of my neck but its not in the front...its more along the lines of the back of the neck, under the ear a bit.  I checked the right side and Im not sure if its swollen because the left side is defintiely a given and the right one could be just a little bit but Im not sure.  Since Ive noticed this enlargement, I am feeling a bit weaker lately and I feel a some pains from my groin area but I havent been able to feel any nodes that have been enlarged in that area.  I am starting to get scared cause I dont think Ive ever had a swelling like this before and I dont know where it can be from.  Im thinking the worse but Im praying its not.  My questions are:

1) What are the chances that I may be HIV positive?
2) Are these vaible symptoms to worry about when relating to HIV infection?
3) Do you think that these experiences that I have explained require a HIV test?

Please let me know if you need me to answer any questions you may have or any other info you need when daignosing this issue.  Thank you!   

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Scared, please diagnose
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 05:00:03 pm »
Receiving fellatio is not a risk for transmission. Cunnilingus is risky in theory. In reality it just doesn't happen. Which brings us to intercourse.

You were using a condom which unfortunately broke. The condom protected you until it broke. HIV is not an easy virus to transmit and it is significantly harder to accomplish from female to male. Given what you have described, the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor against transmission in this incident.

Just as a precaution I would suggest you get tested at thirteen weeks after this recent incident. I do expect you will test negative.

In general it's a good idea for anyone who is sexually active to have a full STD panel done at least annually and every six months is even better.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline chotu

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 05:07:09 pm »
Thanks for the response Andy...

What are the chances that I contracted the virus within the one second that my penis was exposed inside the vagina once the condom busted?  I know that you said that the odds are in my favor so what Im getting at is was there ever an incident of this that resulted in a positive test?  Was anything ever documented that you heard about or anyone else heard about? 

What do you take of the enlarged nodes behind my neck, near my ears?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 05:26:56 pm »
In ten days after your condom popped you have swollen lymph nodes. That's to early to get swollen lymph nodes in relation to HIV. Don't be playing with them or they will get sore and stay swollen.

Offline chotu

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 05:35:00 pm »
If 10 days is too early for swollen Lymph nodes in realtion to HIV, when is the proper time table for lymph nodes to swell when dealing with HIV infection?  How long do I need to monitor the nodes until I go get them checked out?  Im not sure where to feel for swollen nodes in the groin area and under the armpits.  Can you let me know where I should feel? 

Thanks!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 05:42:53 pm »
They swell if they do, at all 2-4 weeks after infection. I myself didn't have any of that at all. None of the so called symptoms eveyone comes here an claims they have I didn't have.

Offline chotu

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 05:53:54 pm »
And if the swell, do all the nodes swell or that doesnt matter? 

Im worried that this is an indication from my experiences that I described in the heading post.  I was wondering what is are the most common symptoms that are associated with this epidemic?  If there was anything to look out for, what would it be?  Please help, Im worried about this...thanks!

Offline chotu

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 05:58:51 pm »
Also, do symptoms come on all at once or can they come here and there and be related?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 06:05:36 pm »
They come all at once and leave all at once.

Offline chotu

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 06:31:16 pm »
Have you or anyone else on this forum come across an incident (heterosexual) where the male, was infected by a condom breakage but they pulled out immediately after the breakage, such as my incident that I explained earlier? 

Am I worrying to much or does this need extreme consideration?

Thanks!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 07:01:18 pm »
Sorry to say it happens all the time and before you ask they didn't get infected.

Offline chotu

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 10:19:26 pm »
I dont get what you are saying, can you clarify for me please? 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 10:39:01 pm »
People come in here all the time with the same situation as you have had. They end up with all these mind made symptoms and test out negative. I don't see where you will be any different.

Offline chotu

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2006, 09:54:32 am »
Hi again,

10 days after my last exposure, which is mentioned in the first paragraph of this posting, I feel various nodes that are swelled up in my neck.  There are about 2-3 nodes I can easily feel on the left side of my neck and one other on the right side of my neck.  I feel a bit weak in my legs and I seem to be losing my appetite.  Coincidence?  Im freaking out here and I want to get a test but the waiting for the proper time (6 weeks after the fact) to get one is going to drive me nuts.  Within that time, Im going to log everything I feel but this may be ineffective as the mind will make me beleive the worst case scenario...what should I do?  Should I go see my primary care provider?  What should I do about the lymph node situation?  Please advise.  Thanks.

Offline chotu

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2006, 11:40:43 am »
Anyone have any thoughts on this please...thanks.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006, 01:22:00 pm »
Let's back up here for a moment.

There is absolutely nothing about any of your symptoms which is in anyway HIV specific. But then neither the presence nor the absence of symptoms is ever the way to know anything reliably about HIV status.

You had a very, very possible exposure in the incident you have described. The odds against transmission in that brief moment are overwhelmingly in your favor.

Swollen lymph nodes and other symptoms are something for you to discuss with your doctor. Also, leave your lymph nodes alone because poking, pressing and bothering them is a great way to create a problem with them where there isn't one.

You're getting into minutae of symptoms and that's a very slippery slope that will only stoke your anxiety.

Get tested at 13 weeks just as a precaution and collect what I certainly expect will be a negative test result.

Andy Velez

Offline chotu

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2006, 02:09:01 pm »
Is this for the breif exposure when the condom burst or the blow job/rimming as well? That breif exposure has a good likelihood of me being infected is what you are saying but the odds are in my favor?  Isnt that a bit contradictory or am I not reading it right?  Please explain.

Should I wait for about 2 weeks or so to make an appt with my doc?

Offline chotu

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2006, 05:11:38 pm »
Anyone, please comment.  I appreciate it.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2006, 09:35:43 pm »
Just the condom burst.

Offline chotu

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2006, 10:20:51 pm »
I now have swollen lymph nodes in my groin area and I still have the swollen nodes in my neck area...I still feel wousy on my legs and I feel more tired than I normally am.  I am getting scared and Im looking for other symptoms that may persist later...what do you guys take of this?  Is it possible for the breif amount of time that I was exposed in the vagina (1-2 seconds) I could get enough viral load for it to seep through my penis head?  Is it likely?

Please let me know.  Thanks.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2006, 10:35:00 pm »
I doubt that you were unprotected long enough to get infected. Go ahead and test to ease your mine. I expect you to get a negative result.

Offline chotu

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2006, 10:28:14 am »
I just went to the Doctor for a checkup and he noticed a chain of lymph nodes on the back of my neck that were enlarged (pea shaped). I felt this on Saturday, pretty much 9-10 days after my limited exposure. He also said that my throat was a little red and my abdomen is hurting now (enough to wake me up this morning), along with my lower back. He pressed my abdomen and it hurt. He then took blood to see the CBC count and to check for Mono...but he said that there is def an infection, probably viral. What do you take of this? Should I be more worried now that he has suggested that it may be Mono and since Mono has all the characteristics as HIV infection, justify my worry? Please let me know your thoughts on this as I am really getting scared now. Also, what else should I be looking for? Please respond. Thanks.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2006, 11:25:30 am »
Wait and see if your mono test comes back positive. Symptoms don't mean shit when it comes to diagnosing HIV.

Offline chotu

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2006, 05:47:46 pm »
I am going to wait for my doc to tell me what my results are but the symptoms are very similar between the two viral infections right?  Wouldnt you say that nodes running down my neck, abdomen hurting, general fatgiue are the major symptoms?  I know that everyone says symptoms mean nothing but a lot of docs mention a fever as being a key symptom.  Is the fever usually the first sign and swollen nodes and the rest follow?  I would say that I noticed swollen nodes 10 days after the fact and abdomen hurting 13 days after.  Are these in line with symptoms that all come at once?  Or is that on one day, I get everything?  Im not sure if I follow that.  I also have noticed back pains recently.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2006, 05:58:55 pm »
You get everything at once, no dwindlers.

Offline chotu

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2006, 01:59:40 am »
Also, wanted to mention that when I had oral sex, involving rimming, I think that the girl could have been bleeding from her mouth or something as my sheets had some red stains on them the next day...not so much but enough to warrant the thought.  It couldve been her lipstick but Im thinking the worst.  There was a lot of spitting going on on my penis and anus area so it could have been blood as well.  I was wondering what you think about those exposures.  I ask cause I still have swollen nodes in my neck area, both sides in the back, for a week now.  And I still feel tired, more like Im not feeling the same at all.  The neck was swollen exactly a week after the incidence.  Please let me know your thoughts.  Thanks.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2006, 02:01:27 am »
Please read our Welcome Thread.

MtD

Offline chotu

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2006, 02:11:32 am »
I read it but I was looking for your thoughts on the possibility of infection from the experience I mentioned.  Can you or anyone let me know your thoughts on this?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2006, 02:16:56 am »
You mean this stuff?

Also, wanted to mention that when I had oral sex, involving rimming, I think that the girl could have been bleeding from her mouth or something as my sheets had some red stains on them the next day...not so much but enough to warrant the thought.  It couldve been her lipstick but Im thinking the worst.  There was a lot of spitting going on on my penis and anus area so it could have been blood as well.  I was wondering what you think about those exposures.  I ask cause I still have swollen nodes in my neck area, both sides in the back, for a week now.  And I still feel tired, more like Im not feeling the same at all.  The neck was swollen exactly a week after the incidence.  Please let me know your thoughts.  Thanks.

No, there was no risk to you for HIV from this particular behaviour. You still need to be tested for the unprotected sex, but like the others I expect you to test negative.

You have been told repeatedly that symptoms mean nothing when it comes to diagnosing HIV infection. Our answers on that point are not going to change.

MtD

Offline chotu

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2006, 12:53:04 pm »
I just got my blood work back and everything checks out to be normal and there was no signs of mono.  This is scaring me as I still have nodes that are swollen in my neck (back), and Im still tired, and my legs are weak.  I had an illness in March-April which lasted 45 days and that freaked me out and I got tested for HIV and it was negative 45 days after possible risk(risk was on 3/11).  Since then, I did not get re-tested at the 12-13 mark for a conclusive test but now Im freaking out thinking that I shouldve.  Since then, Ive been sexually active but have always been protected except for the insertive blow jobs and rimming that women did to me.  And they were all different women.  Now, on 7/31, I noticed swollen nodes immediately and my legs were tired and Im just generally tired all of a sudden.  Prior to that, I had sex where my condom burst while inside the vagina but I immediately withdrew and I was exposed for about 1-2 seconds.  Im not sure about her status. 

Im really scared at this point and Ive lost my appetite and I just dont know what to do anymore...should I go get an oraquick test on Monday or should I consult my doc and go with the ELISA test?  Do you guys think or have heard of a similar situation as to mine where that person tested positive?  Any indications to you experts that may lead to think so?  Any words of wisdom, direction, or encouragement would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2006, 04:48:31 pm »
chotu,

It doesn't matter which test you use. Either one will be conclusive. Considering your anxiety levels, go for whichever allows you to receive your results the quickest.

I'm fully expecting another negative result.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline chotu

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2006, 09:03:13 pm »
Do you think any of those symptoms are a good indication of the infection?  More along the lines of the recent exposures as opposed to the one I tested negative for?  Im ridicoulously scared but I cant shake the tiredness feeling and swollen nodes so I have to take this as a possibility of what may be causing me to feel like this.

Im just freaking out about possible blood in the mouth when she performed oral rimming and a blow job.  Also the 1-2 seconds I was inside the vagina.  Another question I have is that if nodes are to swell up, should they swell up in all locations such as the groin, armpits, and ears as well?  Cause I cant feel any that are in those areas but just a chain of them in my neck area...like 2-3 nodes in a line on both sides of my neck...and they are small and havent grown in size.  Please let me know if anyone has come across such swollen nodes and it was associated with an HIV infection.  Thanks for your comments in advance.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2006, 09:16:18 pm »
chotu, symptoms or the lack of symptoms don't mean anything. You can not diagnosis HIV by symptoms.

Offline chotu

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2006, 09:48:35 pm »
Thanks, you guys mention that and I thank you but was asking if anyone ever came across a case such as what I described...yes, I know Im fishing for information but many times we are told that symptoms come all at once or nothing at all then we are told that they mean nothing when diagnosing HIV...my chances are in my favor as someone has mentioned but Im a pessimist by nature and Im sure many people, when acknowledging symptoms after a possible expousre can lead someone to beleive it, i.e. myself...

I am completely terrified and I am just looking for some answers/suggestions/thoughts...thanks again.

Offline chotu

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2006, 09:28:13 am »
Anyone, please comment on my questions please...thanks.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2006, 10:41:08 am »
You're right, you're fishing. You have been given the correct information on this forum. Symptoms or the lack of symptoms are not a way to diagnosis HIV infection. You didn't have a risk to begin with so right there you know your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV.

Offline chotu

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2006, 11:07:33 am »
Thanks Rapid Rod...I just took rapid test and it came back negative...PHEWWW for now...this is from 16 days past oral exposure and 20 days past condom breaking inside vagina where I immediately pulled out within 1-2 seconds...do you recommend testing again at the 12-13 mark?  I know the average of converting over is 22 days so how realiable, percentage wise, is this early test for me to remain negative?

Thanks again.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2006, 11:11:50 am »
Your first test is was really a waste of your time and energy, done way to early. Now as for the 12/13 week test that is totally up to you. If it will help you releave your fears then of course take it then.

Offline chotu

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2006, 01:22:46 pm »
I also didnt get a conclusive test from the last incident that I described in my posting back in March...I got tested at the 6 week mark at that incident so this test was not a waste of my energy and time.  To the recent exposures I had, hopefully very low risk, I hope this was a good indicator of what to come at a latter test.  If people on average convert at 22 days, then its still something to be positive over if Im near that 22 day mark right?  Im looking at it in a good sense but I understand what you are saying and I will be tested again.  Any other things that I should look out for or any other suggestions?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2006, 01:28:32 pm »
Like I said before, your test was done to early. Now if you would have waited till the 6 wks mark then I would have said that, that test is a reasonable result of how your 12/13 wks test will be.

Offline chotu

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2006, 01:27:33 pm »
Anyone,  A quick synopsis, Im a heterosexual 27 year old male whose last exposure was around the end of July (round 7/27 or so) which included a breif 1-2 second exposed penis inside a vagina after the condom broke. I quickly exited and washed of my penis. Another incident after that was a blow job with anus licking performed (unprotected) by another stranger the very next day. So within two days, these are my examples. The symptoms that followed were a 7-10 days later, swollen nodes in my neck (confirmed by a doctor) and felt weak. A week after that, they went away and I was fine. Just this past week (week of 9/3), I started getting tired again and I feel like I have a sore throat and my legs are feeling very weak. WIth all that I got tested on 8/14 via OraQuick gum swab and it came back negative. Now, I read that this is too early to test but can you please provide a % of accuracy at that early of an stage? Basically, what Im looking for is that if a person was to become infected by this virus, what are the chances that a test will pick it up broken down within weeks after exposure...for ex: you say that 6 weeks is a good indication of not being infected...can you put a % on that? What Im really looking for is the % on 16-22 days test after the last possible exposure in regards to reliability. If there are any examples for your response, please let me know. Thanks a lot.

Offline chotu

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2006, 04:01:35 pm »
Anyone, please see above posting and let me know if there is any relevant data out there or doctor's opinions out there for the %'s days after testing...thanks.

Offline chotu

Worst move of my life
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2006, 10:16:22 am »
Hi Everyone,

About 2 weeks ago, I got really hammered and ended up sleeping with a girl I met and Ive been seeing for about a month now.  That night, we engaged in sex and after the fact, I realized that a condom was not used.  I dont know the status of this girl and what Im thinking is that if she had unprotected sex with me, she probably has had unprotected sex with other guys as well.  I am beating myself over this cause I know better and HIV scares me so much that I promised I would never have sex unprotected and look at what Ive done.  At this point I am praying to god one more time, that I can be granted another chance (Inshallah).

7 days after the fact, I have swollen nodes on both sides of my neck (confirmed by a doc) and armpits feel swollen and so does my groin.  This has freaked me out and I am going nuts just thinking about the possibility.  I also had a bloody nose this morning, not dripping, but bloody nostril.  Im waiting for other symptoms to come but Im so scared right now.

I got tested at the 10 day mark, I know - too early, but I was freaked and decided to do so.  The result was negative and was told to come back in a month or so. 

My questions are, what do you take of my symptoms?  Have you ever had a patient or ever heard of a case where someone tested for HIV earlier than the window period of testing and they tested negative but to only test positive later down the road?  Ive been trying to find an answer to that question for a while know and maybe one of you guys can assist me.

Thanks for taking your time to read my post and thanks for all the support you give to everyone.

Offline Darkfiber

Re: Worst move of my life
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2006, 10:27:37 am »
chotou

First and foremost: Symptoms mean nothing when it comes to HIV. And HIV is not easy to transmit especially if you are the insertive part.

You have a risk, therefore you must be tested at least 6 weeks after the last sexual experience. If the test is negative by then, test again after 3 months. If it is still negative you are reliably HIV negative.

A 10 days test is too early; the average seroconversion time is around 3 weeks.

It is also important that you need to get tested for other STD's (because most of them are much easier to catch than HIV)

The odds are still loking good for you as this was a one time mistake.

Hang in there and if you have additional questions, feel free.

Regards

Darkfiber

« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 10:29:46 am by Darkfiber »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2006, 10:57:41 am »
Cho, as Dark F has indicated, neither the presence nor the absence of symptoms will ever tell you anything accurately about your HIV status. Only a negative result from an HIV test taken at 13 weeks after the most recent unprotected intercourse can give you a definitive result.

On a going forward basis you should be using a condom everytime you have intercourse. No exceptions, no matter what you think you know about your partner or how great she looks or anything. Condoms are a must until such time as you may find yourself in a securely monogamous relationship in which both partners test negative together.

As for your symptoms, if they persist discuss them with your doctor. There is nothing in anyway HIV specific about them.

Good luck with your test result. The odds are significantly in your favor that you will test negative.

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

Offline chotu

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2006, 10:58:20 am »
Thanks for the response...wanted to know if you or anyone else has an answer to this question below:  

Have you ever had a patient or ever heard of a case where someone tested for HIV earlier than the window period of testing and they tested negative but to only test positive later down the road?

Also, is the timing of the nodes that are swollen in relation to ARS?  There are many contradicting statements about the timing and what the symptoms are...

Please let me know.  Thanks.

Offline Darkfiber

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2006, 11:12:11 am »

Also, is the timing of the nodes that are swollen in relation to ARS?  There are many contradicting statements about the timing and what the symptoms are...

Chotu

Forget about the onset, the end, the severity, the timing; forget everything about symptoms.

It is the most direct way into the madhouse. Forget it, really.

Forget about ARS!

The only clear indicator about your status is an HIV, test taken at the appropriate time!

Regards

Darkfiber

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2006, 01:43:29 pm »
Chotu,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline chotu

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2006, 03:06:05 pm »
Thanks Ann, apologize for that cause I was thinking this was a diff risk...

Regardless, can anyone shed some light on my question on turn pos after an early neg result?  Just for information I want to know.  Wanted to know if someone tested too early, as myself (10days after the risk), and received a neg result, only to test at a later date, 12-13 weeks past, and tested positive at that time?  If anyone has come across such an instant or heard of anything like this, please let me know.

Thanks so much.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2006, 08:34:03 pm »
At ten days and you tested and received a negative, it is very possible for you to get a positive at 12/13 weeks. This is the reason we tell you to test at six weeks if you need to get an idea what your conclusive test will be.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.