Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:14:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 249
Total: 250

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread Part 51..Ditching the Old and Bringing in the New....  (Read 41772 times)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
It's not quite New Year's yet but I dread Christmas so no mushy Christmas title.... :D Also, the last thread has gotten quite long so I took it upon myself to start another. I did wait for someone to jump in though.

I ended up breaking it off with Sexy, not going to rehash the details but you can check out my blog if you're interested. I feel like it was the right thing to do though my heart once again feels broken. I feel like I have this big stamp on my forehead that says "rebound girl" or "standby". It sucks but then this too shall pass. Not to worry, I am not on the verge of a breakdown, just confused and hurt.

Damn, I forgot, I did mention the details in the last thread. Well, it saves you from having to read my blog, this time.... ;D
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 02:58:25 am by Queen Tokelove »
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

tendai

Re: Ladies Thread Part 51..Ditching the Old and Bringing in the New....
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 03:57:19 am »
Sorry bout sexy queen - guess he does have too much going on would have been too frustrating for you

nothing much going on here. mr out of town was in town yesterday so we were together. he's kind of confused i think. he was talking about "whats the point of marrying someone who has HIV when you know there is no future and you cant have kids?" first i said theres nothing impossible about having a relationship with someone whos poz then i was like "yeah i get you. whats the point. so what are you doing with me?"  Then he was like "dont hold it against me that i said that. i love being with you" Whatever dude, its not like i want to get married to  him anyway ::)

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 08:14:00 am »
My sweet ladies,

It's been a long time and I have missed you all very much.  I have been reading and keeping up with everyone.  I won't begin to address everyone personally for fear that this post will get excessively long and I'm sure to miss someone unintentionally. 

Suffice it to say that we've been very busy.  Yesterday was our #2's 9th birthday - hitting double digits next year and I'm just not ready for it. 

Last week Mini was at the doctor's office 3 times.  On Monday she was diagnosed with pneumonia and strep.  Her O2 saturation was 84%, her respirations were high, and her temp was 104.9.  Her body was struggling to get the oxygen she needed.  She was put on zythromax, phenegren, and breathing treatments 6x/day.  We went back on Wednesday for a follow-up.  Her saturation was up to 98% and her respirations were down to nearly normal.  On Thursday afternoon, she was in tears saying that her ears hurt.  We thought that it was from sinus pressure so we put sweet oil in her ear and gave her ibuprofin.  Friday, after being up all night with her crying, we went back in.  She was then diagnosed with a bulging ear infection, and another strep.  She's now on 3200mg of amoxil / day, lots of yogurt, and breathing treatments 2x/day for 2wks (1wk left). 

Weather here has been fierce.  Monday it was 64 (way above normal) and raining, yesterday it was 32 and snowing, and today it's 47 and raining.  My sinuses have been killing me and little noses have run through 11 boxes of kleenex in less than a week. 

The natives are getting restless - a sure sign that it's time for breakfast.  I can't promise when I'll post again, but know that I have not missed, nor will I miss,  one word that anyone has posted.  I wish you all much peace this holiday season.  I know that for some it's a very rough time.

Thank you, Ann, for reasons that you know. :-*

I love each of you dearly.

Mum
*edited because BT reminded me that I used a name I shouldn't have.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 10:43:13 am by minismom »
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 10:03:56 am »
Morning ladies,

Camms! (she's in the last thread toward the end)  I can't believe it!  How the hell are you?  And what's been up with you?  Please keep us in the loop about what's going on with you.  I used to love to read your posts. (BTW, my screenname changed.  But it's me, Betty)

Queen, I'm sorry about Sexy.  I don't like getting involved with people who carry baggage.  That's one reason I didn't stay involved with you know who (the herpes man).  He was just getting out of a marriage and I didn't want to hear all about it. 

Tendai, good luck with Mr. Out of town.  Women can have babies today, but of course I'm sure you know that. 

Mum, so good to hear from you! Please tell Mini I'll be keeping her in my thoughts.  I hope she feels better soon and gets over her infection. 

Today I have a lot of things to do.  I need to send off the package of fudge to my daughter, go shopping and I need to see my caseworker this afternoon (my welfare caseworker).  I missed a deadline for filing another application, and I don't want to lose my Medicaid, since they pay for the premiums for Medicare.  And we got a ton of snow last night.  I'm sure the roads are bad right now, so that will take extra time. 

Nothing other than that, except for class tonight.  This is my last forensic psych class for the semester.  Unbelievable.  Anyway, you ladies have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 08:40:49 pm »
Today is a sucky day. I have been in bed all day. Like I don't have enough going on, my sister has been getting on my last nerve. It's like since she has been here 3 years, she thinks she has the right to dictate or bark orders to me about shoveling snow among other things. Then she leaves these little fucked up messages on my phone. So, I have blocked her number so she can't call me. When I was sitting here a few weeks ago with nothing to eat and she knew this, she didn't bother asking me if I needed anything. Which is something she use to do when the car was running and I would take her ass to the grocery store. With me being diabetic and nothing to eat, anything could've happened to me. So in my eyes, she is now dead to me because basically that's how she left me. And with all the nitpicking she has been doing, I am on the verge of snapping on her ass. SO, I am not in a very good state of mind right now, I am very hurt because of Sexy and also very angry because of her.

Hey Mum----It's so good to hear from you. Sorry that Mini is not feeling good, I hope she gets better soon.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline vivyt

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 10:03:05 pm »
Tendai- I wish men weren't so ridiculous. Make up your mind already...right?  :)

Mum- It is SO nice to hear from you. I hope Mini feels better. You have been and definitely are in my thoughts. I miss your posts...take care of yourself. Hope to hear from you again soon.

Betty- Is fudge difficult to make? I have never made it, probably because I don't really care for it, but I've always wanted to. So do you have a break until January?

Well the week is ticking away...we are finishing up many projects at school and now that Friday is looming, I am getting stressed about finishing everything. Tomorrow night is the Holiday Chorus Program. Every year the 5th grade puts on a winter and spring show. They had a dress rehearsal for the primary grades and tomorrow for the 3rd and 4th grade and then again in the evening for the families. They were cute today. At one point Mr. and Mrs. Santa were talking and I guess Mr. Santa didn't finish his line so Mrs. Santa "whispered" (with the microphone on) to the teacher, "He didn't finish his line!" LOL! I hope they do well tomorrow night.

It has been raining here for the last couple of days and it has been so cold! Of course, I'm not talking about 12 degrees...more like 50-60...I know, I know... ;)

That's all...talk to you all later!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 08:59:32 am »
Morning ladies,

Queen, I'm sorry things are not working out there, especially when you were so happy to be moving there.  It sucks when things don't work out like we'd hoped.  Your sister must think she's the boss there.  And I can't believe she didn't check on you when you didn't have any food.  That's awful.

Andrea, I hope the Christmas programs go alright.  I haven't been to one in years.  What ever happened to that guy you used to see-wasn't he a cop or fireman?  I don't know why I just thought of that.  You  haven't talked about him in a long time.  Which is good, from what I remember.

It's another cold day (12F).  Starting tonight, it's supposed to sleet/snow and by tomorrow we're supposed to have up to 8 inches (and I'm not talking about 8 inches of anything good).  I don't understand why we're getting all this crap so soon in the year.  I thought the polar ice caps were melting? 

Today my therapist comes over.  Then one more class tonight and that's it for the semester.  I have a break until Jan. 5th.  I wish we had a break until the 2nd week in January, but at least we get out at the end of April (I believe).  Next semester will be cram time.  I have to take a class online (the 2nd 8 weeks), which makes me a bit nervous, because I've never done that before and I'm worried I'll screw it up.  Anyway, there will be a couple new teachers (new to me), and that's always interesting.  I'm going to be taking two classes the 1st 8 weeks and three the 2nd 8 weeks.  Now I'm really jumping ahead of myself.

I don't know how much I'll be on next week, since I'll be at my sister's in AZ.  She has a computer, but I don't know what all she has planned to do.  I'll try to get on at least once to let you all know what I'm doing.    You all have a nice day.

Edited to add:  Andrea, fudge isn't that difficult to make.  I like it, but I usually only eat a couple pieces at a time 'cause it's so sweet.  This year I made 3 different kinds.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline netta

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 03:09:32 pm »
  hello all,   :-*Mums so good to here from you. Sorry Minns been so sick, I am sending up prayers for healing and a prayer for the family. Is there anyway I can send her a xmas present? please let me know soon.
Nothing much going on here, great weather, vtaking my meds on time and sleeping like a bear.lol
Queen, hope things get better for you.
Betty- have a safe trip
to all - I  hope all is well and u get your xmas wish! luv netta
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 03:11:03 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 03:20:34 pm »
Mum - so good to hear from you. I hope Mini heals quickly and has no more troubles. I know how much it hurts to see your children feeling bad. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Andrea - I make fudge every year. The hardest part is all the stirring.  ;D

I just finished making some butterscotch candy.

I'm letting it cool a little bit more before I bag it.

Offline minismom

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 03:52:39 pm »
Good afternoon my honies :-*

Wendy, how in the world do you get your candy so evenly shaped?  When I make mine, it's all odd shaped and folks have to be careful not to cut their mouths on the sharp edges.  I've been baking mini loaves of cinnamon pecan bread, puppy chow (for humans..lol), home made truffles (mint, chocolate, and cherry), sugar cookie men (don't like gingerbread), chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies, and I forget what else.  Our last venture to Walmart earlier in the week, they were out of baker's chocolate and evaporated milk >:(....so no fudge yet for us.  We're taking the kids to the movies tomorrow morning and I'll check again.

Netta, hun, I sent you a PM.  Thanks for the prayers, they are certainly appreciated and coveted.

Vyv, BT, and Queen, thank you for the welcome back.  BT, I'll certainly have you in my prayers as you travel to AZ.  Before this last Sept, I hadn't flown in 11 years.  I was a nervous wreck, but all went well -no thanks to the fellow passengers.  Take lots of Dramamine, make sure you have snacks and a drink to take on the plane with you (some airlines make you pay for a pitiful cup of ice water), and register as a passenger who needs special boarding accomodations.  That way, you'll be able to board first, and let them know if you'll need transportation from one gate to the other if you have a layover.  They'll have a cool little golf cart thingy pick you up at the gate and take you to your connection.  It's really handy if you don't have a long layover.

And about the liquids - no one container can be more than 2oz and they all have to fit in a 1-quart bag.  I traveled with 2 pairs of scissors, 2 pairs of fingernail clippers, crochet hooks, and a sewing needle.  Guess what they took issue with: that I left my 1.6oz tube of toothpaste in the box when I put it in the zip lock bag.  I did it so it wouldn't moosh all over everything.  Toothpaste...in a box - such a dangerous weapon :-\   Oh, and to avoid checking luggage, use a carry-on size and then a big ol' purse thing.  Purses don't count as carry-on.  I packed Mim and I for 6 days in carry-ons.  Roll your clothes - they take up less room.  I didn't believe it, but it was true.

Mini is getting better everyday and her appetite is back in full swing - no more leftovers ;)  Lots of plans for the rest of the week / weekend and all I feel like doing is crawling under my covers and taking a nap.

My brother is flying in from Louisiana today.  We haven't seen him for a few months, and the kids especially miss him.  He's single, never had kids, and owns a business...so if anyone is interested...LOL - but you'll have to be a good auntie to my kids.

Have a great evening and a terrific Friday.
Kristina

www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 04:04:09 pm »
Mum after I pour it in the pan to cool I start scoring it with a pizza cutter. Over and over and over until the score holds then they just break into pieces. I'm not making bon bons or truffles this year. Its too much work.

I started getting everything prepared to make fudge and my feet suggested maybe I'd like to sit down for a little while. Then my brain chimed in maybe someone out there would like your fudge recipe.
So here I am and here is my fudge recipe.

Never Fail Fudge
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
5 c sugar
2 sticks butter <not margarine>
1 16 oz pkg. chocolate chips or 2 1/2 cups
4 squares unsweetened bakers chocolate
1 (1lb) bag marshmallows <the little ones are easier to work with but it doesnt matter>
2 c nuts <usually pecans, you can choose whatever you prefer, it doesnt matter>

1. Mix sugar, butter and evaporated milk together and bring to a rolling boil over medium heat.
2. Once the mixture is boiling set a timer for 6 minutes and stir consistently<if you dont it will burn>
3. Remove pan from heat. Add chocolate squares and chips stir until melted then add the bag of marshmallows and stir constantly until it all melts.
4. Add the nuts and stir vigorously for 1 minute.
5. Pour onto large buttered pan and cool. Cut into pieces and enjoy.

This recipe makes 5 lbs of fudge. You can use what ever size pan you want. Thickness is a preference thing.

LOL dirty mind

Offline vivyt

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 11:00:47 pm »
Wendy- I would really love to try to make those candies. Would it be possible to get the recipe?

Mum- I like the idea of a sugarcookie man. I never thought about that. It's nice to hear Mini is getting better.

Betty- My ex is a firefighter and I still talk to him every once in a while. It really is not a good thing but I'm working on it. Believe me, the relationship has been the topic of many therapy sessions. I hope you really enjoy yourself.

Well, the program went REALLY well. The little boy that plays Santa went home sick today in order to rest for tonight. All of the actors were supposed to be at the school by 5:30pm. The program was scheduled to start at 6:00pm. At a quarter till Santa was still missing. They asked another boy to take the part and he very courageously accepted, even though he did not know the lines. The other kids were very concerned and I had to explain to them that Eric (Santa #1) was very sick and if he wasn't there, then he had to be feeling bad. Well...when they were introducing the program Eric ran in...Santa #2 was visibly relieved as were the rest of the kids.  :) After that things went smoothly. I was so proud of them! Tomorrow is our "party" and then 2 weeks of rest.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 10:22:45 am »
Morning ladies,

Netta, I'm glad you're back on schedule with your meds.

Wendy, that candy looks really good.  I've never made candy, other than fudge.  And I made three different kinds of that, so I'm burnt out right now.

Mum, glad to hear Mini's feeling better.  Please give her a big hug for me.  I'll remember the 2oz rule.  My sister (the one in AZ) told me 4oz (and she flies a lot).  Must be different airlines have different rules.  I'll check the airline's website.  My sister called them to tell them I was handicapped (because of my knees), so they're supposed to be making seating arrangements accordingly, and having a wheelchair ready when I land in Detroit to get me on the other plane.  She did that because there's only 40 minutes between flights when I land in Detroit, so that way the other plane won't take off without me. 

Andrea, it's so hard to completely break off things with an ex isn't it.  Especially one that meant a lot.  I'm glad today's your last day before a two-week break.  I'm sure you'll need it.

Well, we're getting a horrible winter storm.  Tons of snow, and there's an ice coating on top of it.  I heard thunder this morning due to freezing rain; and we got the rain after all the snow.  There's power outages all over and they're telling us to let a trickle run out of our faucets so the water doesn't freeze.  I'm going out in a bit to see if I can clear off my car, so whatever else we're going to get doesn't leave too big a pile on the car (this is not supposed to clear out until after noon).  I hope the weather clears by Sunday so I won't be delayed in my flights.

School is over for another semester.  I won't know my grades in my classes until probably tomorrow or Monday.  If they're not on the website by Sunday morning, I'll be checking from my sister's computer for sure.  I only have two free days when I get back from AZ until school starts again.  That's alright. 

Today, I'm going to stay home all day.  The weather isn't conducive at all for going anywhere.  My best friend is working in town today and is supposed to come over around noon, because her son is at work, and he works not too far from me.  She lives in a town about 30-40 minutes northeast of here and doesn't want to have to go home and come all the way back to pick up her son.  So, as long as she was able to make it to work, I'm sure she'll be here later.  I was also going to color my hair, but I might wait on that until tomorrow.  I usually color it at the end of the month, but I won't be here, and I don't want to walk around Phoenix with dark roots. :)   Anyway, you ladies have a good day.  Since I have to find something to do to occupy my time, I'm sure I'll be around here later.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 12:33:49 pm »
Mum- It is so nice to hear from but I am sorry to hear that Mini hasn't been feeling well.  How the hell do you have time to make all those cookies?  I made 100 cupcakes for my kids classes one night and I thought I would die.

BT- We are supposed to be getting a big storm here too.  Supposedly, it was going to start snowing around 9, then it was 11, it is a little past 12 and nothing yet.  I am kind of nervous, if we loose power, it will be a huge mess.  I tried to go to the store and get enough food that wouldnt have to be cooked ,just in case.  My mother still hasn't gotten her power back, it was a week yesterday she lost it.  My father loves penuche fudge.  I am not sure what penuche is though?

Viv- The play sounds really cute, but a ton of work.  Do the kids give your presents?  I am going to have to pick your brain on what is good to give the teachers, I had 13 teachers to get something for this year and was pulling out my hair.  I ended up giving a lot of them  Christmas book bags that I had got in a clearance section last year.

Win- That butterscotch looks yummy!  Thickness is a preference thing. .....You are too funny!!

Queen- I am sorry to hear about Sexy and your sister.  I don't blame you for wanting to get away from her, if she lives right above you, she should be bringing you plates of food, never mind taking you to the grocery store, especially if you are not feeling well.  That always makes me really sad to hear when brothers and sisters aren't nice to each other, growing up an only child ,I always wanted someone to play or talk with.  It is almost worse now that I am older.

Ten- Hopefully, dude will come to his senses, if not, it is his loss.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline netta

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 12:55:52 pm »
 :o i wish i had the patient you ladies  have, that are cooking up all these goodie!
Mom I still don't know how u do it????I hope you find time to rest up some, what kinda vitamins do u take??? lol
Winn, omg the candy looks so good, I want the recipe, how about we all share a recipe for xmas in our threads ????

Nettas Kick Ass Collard Greens!

1 or 2 bunches of cleaned and cut up collards
smoked turkey meat (cut up in a package) or country cured ham hocks
Lawrys season salt
1/4 cup of vegetable ,or any kind oil

place cooking meat, smoked turkey in a pot with just enough water to cover top of meat, boil about 1/2 hour, then add greens, seasonsalt and oil.  You can add a littlle more water if u like, but don' add to much cause they will be soggy greens. ! cook low heat about and  1  and 1/2 to 2 hours. Stir during cooking. Thats it, enjoy!

hope all is well. luv netta
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 01:00:26 pm by netta »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2008, 07:25:26 pm »
Hard candy

a candy thermometer
2 c. sugar
2/3 c. light corn syrup
3/4 c. water
up to 1 tsp Oil flavoring <or amount to taste> they have candy oil flavoring at most hobby shops
Color <I used a teeny bit of icing paste coloring you can use food coloring>

Combine sugar, corn syrup and water in saucepan. Cook over medium heat. Do not stir until candy reaches hard crack stage @ 300 degrees. You will stir it before you cook it but as tempting as it is don't stir it while it is heating up otherwise the sugar might crystallise.

When the syrup reaches 260 degrees drop in the coloring. You dont need to stir it the bubbles will do that for you. Be careful of not to get any of the syrup on you.

When it reaches 300 to 302 degrees on the thermometer remove the pan from the heat, add your flavoring and stir. Too much stirring will cause syrup to solidify into a hard sugary lump.
Quickly pour your liquid candy into a Pam-sprayed sheet pan.
While it is cooling you can score lines in the syrup with a pizza cutter. Just do it over and over until it holds the lines. When it gets cool enough to handle you can break it into pieces easily with the score lines you made.
Too keep the pieces from sticking together you can sprinkle them with confectioners sugar.

I forgot to mention. Use a metal spoon for stiring. The candy may melt anything else.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 07:27:49 pm by Winiroo »

Offline minismom

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2008, 09:39:27 pm »
Wendy, the first time I made candy, I used cinnamon flavoring.  No one warned me that after I put in the flavoring, that I should NOT under ANY circumstances, lean my head close to the pot and breath in. My eyes and nose burned!  I thought I'd burnt them off.  It wasn't the heat, but the intensity of the flavoring.

I wrote down the fudge recipe.  It's almost the same one I have, but mine calls for the entire package of baking chocolate and no chocolate chips.  With your recipe, i can substitute sugar-free chips and slenda for sugar.  I'm going to try that...it sounds so good.

Netta, I make greens for hubby and 3 of my kids (other 3 won't touch them).  I grew up in south Louisiana - home of seafood gumbo, red beans, rice, and collard greens.  I had minced onion and garlic to it.  LOL at the vitamens.  Actually, I take a B-6, C, Chroium, Zertec, and a multi-vitamen with Zinc.  As for the baking, I'm cheap - I have more time than money.  I take a weekend a month and bake goodies like crazy.  I freeze them so when we want a snack, I just have to pull them out and let them thaw.  Cookies, cakes (sliced and unfrosted), and dessert breads (banana, apple, and cinnamon) freeze well whole or sliced.

Betty, have a great time with your sister.  You certainly deserve a vacation.  Who's keeping Poppy while you're away?  Here's to an uneventful, on-time flight.

We took the kiddies to see Despereaux today.  It was us and about 20 senior citizens.  There weren't a lot of funny, laugh out loud, parts (but it didn't stop the seniors).  It had some wonderful messages.  Some were subtle, but most were spoken out loud.  The most memorable one was that some people think that grief is the strongest emotion, but it's not, forgiveness is.  Because a single act of forgiveness can dissolve all of one's grief.  I wouldn't recommend it for small kids.  It's actually a very deep movie mixed with "darker" scenes and mature story lines. 

Here's to a wonderful weekend for all of you.  I wish you only the very best in whatever you do - even if you are like me and boycotting every store that might just so happen to have something that the crazed crowd may think they want to buy on this, the last weekend before Christmas and Hanukkah.  Honestly, I don't plan on getting out of my pajamas. (How's that for energized, Netta ;D)

Much love to you all,
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 10:03:44 pm »
Here's my Holiday recipe :)
Bread Dip
Get 2 round loaves of round pumpernickel or whatever kind of bread you like, I guess.

3 cups of sour cream
3 cups mayo
4 tablespoons onion cut to small pieces
4 tablespoons dried parsley
4 teaspoon beau monde( it is in the spice section, sometimes hard to find)
4 teaspoon dill weed

Mix all in the list together and let sit in fridge over night.

Make a bowl out of one of the loaves, cut the piece you took out and the other loave into a 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch chunks. Just not too big, don't want any double dipping :)

Put the mixture into the bread bowl and serve with chunks for an appetizer.

Mini- Think my 5 yr olds would be too small for that movie?  I was thinking of taking the gang during the holiday.

Has anyone seen that new movie with Will Smith?  Seven Pounds.  I read the review and it wasn't too good, the previews looked interesting though?

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 10:32:32 pm »
This is the pan of fudge I made yesterday.

Today I screwed up on the fudge I got distracted an so I wound up with 5 pounds of chocolate caramel with pecans in it. So I decided I will make bonbons after all. LOL
They taste pretty darn good too.  ;D

one of those when you got lemons make lemonaid moments. Bonbons take forever to make but I'm sure everyone will love them.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2008, 11:01:23 pm »
Hello Hello GFs~

Goodness, I haven't posted in over a month.  Hello to Camms and Mum, good to see you back here.  :)  I have been kicking some serious butt at work and just got a bonus last night at the holiday party.  I put the check in my purse and forgot about it when I got home later.  I still hadn't opened the envelope, but cried to Ice when I finally looked at the amount.  It had a comma in it and I was overwhelmed.  I earned every damn cent of it this year, too.  Work in the coming year will be rewarded on a merit-based system, so I am looking forward to it.  The new Controller is a nice guy, and he has a CPA, so I have been going into his office and picking his brain every day, lol.

I have been at Ice's except for maybe two or three nights in the past two months.  He doesn't want me to leave.  We put up the tree and combined both sets of ornaments.  Its really nice.  Tonight his youngest is here and I am staying overnight with a kid here for the first time.  She gets to sleep with Dad and I get the little bed, lol.  Its OK, I end up in there every night cause Ice snores.  We are becoming an old couple together, hee hee!

My parents are going to Hawaii tomorrow for the holiday, my brother got sent back over to the war two weeks ago, and I am spending the holidays with Iceman.  Thanksgiving was 28 people at a sit down dinner at his sister's husband's sister's house, if you can get that straight.  He hadn't spent Thanksgiving with his sis in 15 years cause his ex always had him on a leash during the holidays.  This year I am with him and he is getting back to his family, where he should be.

My dog Cheech is well, almost 15, with lots of doggie goodies under the tree for him, too.  I am going to try to post a pic of him with the tree.

I am exhausted these days, but content.  I think I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I finally go see my hand doc about my trigger finger on Monday after waiting a month for an appointment.  Whew!

So good to see you all.  :)

Love,

Cindy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 07:29:11 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 07:38:59 am »
Morning ladies,

Snow, I don't really know for sure what penuche is.  I've heard of it, but obviously have never made it.
That recipe for bread dip looks good.

Netta, those greens sound good.  I'm going to try them after I get back.

Mum, one of my very dear friends will be looking after Poppy.  He's an animal lover (has 3 dogs and 1 kitty), and Poppy loves him.  I bought my granddaughter the Despereaux book.  I wanted to give it to her before I leave, but it looks like it will have to wait until I get back.

Wendy, you sure like to cook!  I wish you lived closer. :)

Cindy, so good to hear from you.  I thought we might sooner or later.  I'm so glad things are going so well for you and Ice.  Will his girls be with you guys for Christmas?  Good going on the job also!  Oh, and Cheech looks so cute and content.

Yeah, I'm up early this morning.  Actually in a little while, I have to go pick up some food I ordered through a program called Angel Food Ministries.  It's available in different parts of the country, so if anyone is interested, go to angelfoodministries.com. (I think it's .com, and not .org, not sure).  Anyway, you get a big box of food, that's quality (not outdated or dented etc.) for $30.  And they take food stamps.  They have pickups at local churches.  I found out about it from a local newspaper and of course ordered it; I would have been a fool not to.  I'm going to be picking up one of my friends who ordered their meals (a person gets a 10-day supply of the main meal for $28).  I didn't get the main meal box, I got the box with meat etc. in it.  I'll let you ladies know what it looks like later.

Other than that, I don't really have any other plans.  I've got my clothes, the presents I'm taking, shoes etc. packed.  I can't believe tomorrow I'm going to be in the air!  I'd appreciate prayers and thoughts.    You ladies have a good day.  I'll probably be back later.

Offline minismom

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2008, 07:59:08 am »
Cindy, so good to hear from you, hun!  Either Cheech has shrunk, or you have one mighty big tree.  He looks so teeny in the picture.  Take your bonus and spend it like a crazy woman on yourself: day at the spa, a massage, facial, pedicure, manicure, clothes, and a nice dinner. You worked hard for every cent and you deserve it.

This year we got the kids trees for their rooms - a purple tree for the girls and a 5-ft alpine for the boys. They were cheap (boys' was free).  We took them to AC Moore to pick out ornaments and then I crocheted them some mini stockings.  I did the boys' in the colors of football teams that they like (they had to tell me because I'm clueless) and the girls' are pink, purple, yellow, and some traditional red.  Our family tree isn't fancy, but it is very much us.

Snow, my 5yr old liked it pretty well.  The beginning was a bit slow for the 11 1/2yr old and some parts had him shutting his eyes until it was over.  Our 6 1/2yr old liked it, but said it had some scarey parts.  The story line is intense and they do show people dying and talk about the overwhelming grief associated with death. There's also a side-story about a dad giving up his daughter who then plots to kill the princess.  I wish we were more fore-warned before we went because I would've rented it and had hubby and I watch it first. Had we done that, honestly, my kids would've never seen it. The messages were wonderful and universal, it just isn't a kid movie.

A better movie, if it's playing where you are is "Bolt".  Hubby took the kids to watch it on Black Friday while I was shopping with my mom.  He said it was one of the best kids' movies he's seen in a long time.  Our kids STILL talk about it.

I was sitting here trying to think of a really cool Christmas recipe and all I could come up with was the recipes for part of what we had for dinner last night (my brain is slow this morning)

Really cool (and very easy) BBQ chicken:

Whatever cut of chicken you like.  I use thighs and pull all the skin off.
Whatever BBQ sauce you like.  I use KC Masterpiece Brown Sugar sauce.
Crockpot.

Put a layer of sauce in the bottom of the crockpot.  Layer in the chicken.  If you need to put more than one layer of chicken, then put sauce between the layers.  End with a layer of sauce.  

Cover and cook on low for 9 hrs or on high for about 4 - 5 hours (depending on the amount of chicken you have.  The chicken is amazing and will fall off of the bone.  If we have leftovers, I pull the meat, add some of the sauce, and freeze it for BBQ sandwiches.  If you don't have a crockpot or want to eat faster, you can put the chicken in a baking pan and cook it for 1hr in a 350 degree oven.  If you do it this way, don't layer the chicken or it won't cook right.

Yummy, yummy, yummy flavored carrots. (my kids who HATE veggies BEG for me to make this)
1 or 2lbs of baby carrots
1 or 2 TBS of margarine (I use 1TBS for 1 lb and 2TBS for 2lbs of carrots)
dry ranch dressing seasoning mix (I find it in the salad dressing section)

Boil carrots in a tiny bit of water until crunchy-tender.  Drain well.  Add margarine to the carrots and stir until melted.  Add 1/2 of the package to 1lb of carrots or the whole package to 2lbs of carrots.  Stir until blended.  Continue to cook for 2 or 3 minutes to blend the flavors.  

The left over mix is really good on grilled cheese or grilled ham sandwiches.  I butter the bread, sprinkle on the mix, and then run the knife back over the butter to distribute the seasoning.  It gives that extra something to turn a boring sandwich not so boring.  It's also good to add in boiled or mashed potatoes. Or, you can throw it in with your BBQ chicken.

I'm sure I can come up with something better once the cobwebs have cleared out.  Have a great pajama Saturday.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline vivyt

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2008, 11:09:11 am »
Hey Cindy! Nice to hear from you. Glad things are going well!  :) All this baking has inspired me. I think I'm going to make some cookies and treats this weekend. As far as recipes go...I'm just going to put the one I used yesterday with the kids.

Royal Icing
4 cups powdered sugar
3 tbls meringue powder
6 tbls warm water (has to be warm!)

Blend together at high speed until it starts to get thick and firm. About 3-5 minutes

We used this yesterday as the "glue" for our gingerbread houses. The kids made a mess but had a good time!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2008, 11:59:25 am »
OK, here's one of the fudge recipes I made this year:

Candy Bar Fudge

1/2 c butter
1/3 c baking cocoa
1/4 c packed brown sugar
1/4 c milk
3 & 1/2 c confectioner's sugar
1 tsp vanilla
30 caramels, unwrapped
1 tbsp water
1/2 c semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 c milk chocolate chips

In a microwave safe bowl, combine the butter, cocoa, brown sugar and milk.  Microwave on high until mixture boils, about 3 minutes.  Stir in confectioner's sugar and vanilla.  Pour into greased 8-inch square pan.  In another microwave safe bowl, heat caramels and water on high for 2 minutes, or until melted.  Spread over chocolate layer.  Microwave chocolate chips on high for 1 minute, or until melted.  Spread over caramel layer.  Chill until firm.  Note: when you got to cut the fudge, you have to set it out at room temperature for about 2 hours; otherwise it's almost impossible to cut.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2008, 08:09:18 pm »
Have a safe trip Betty. You are so sweet, I wished you lived closer too. I would share all these goodies with you in a heart beat and I think you'd enjoy my little circle of pos friends too.

Cindy sent me a pm with the funniest cute gift. She will post the links later for you all to see. You'll get a kick out of it. I laughed so hard my tummy was in knots. LOL

Thanks again Cindy. I loved it.  ;D

Offline vivyt

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2008, 08:18:18 pm »
Have a good trip Betty!

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2008, 07:34:03 pm »
OK, most of us are web-savvy, so you may have heard of this already.  This is the thing I sent Wendy in a PM and she said it was OK to post.  I spent last night reading threads 49 and 50 to catch up, and so many have been facing rough times.

Take a look at this and have a good chuckle.  I almost peed myself the first time I used this website!  LMAO!  Wendy, I think I'll post it in the Sooper Dooper Funny Thread, too!  :) 

COUNTRY ELVES:
http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/cOnkXdVxWUNCw4xD8U6d

CHARLESTON ELVES:
http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/shaUEEqO6hGoCEQLywGn

DISCO ELVES:
http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/zTuw1V5YSbDCOu69sUm5

CLASSIC CHRISTMAS IN THE SNOW:
http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/p6QaxureDCXSMtLnu05N
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 07:36:30 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline vivyt

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2008, 11:13:47 pm »
I've seen these before but they are funny each time.  ;D ;D

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2008, 02:15:50 am »
Just popped in to say.....Have a safe trip, Betty....Good to see you again, Cindy. I thought you eloped and married Ice, you been gone so long. Nice recipes ladies, I don't make sweets but I wouldn't mind trying the greens recipe Netta put up. I don't know how to cook greens, believe it or not but I can cook chitlins..hehe

Not much really going on with me, just chillin and playing Warcraft as usual. Yesterday was my Mom's bday who has since passed and today is my baby sister's bday. I also have another sister who's bday is on Xmas. I'll just be glad when it's over to be honest. I know you ladies are busy putting on the final touches for your holiday...I am just counting the days til New Year's Eve...Though 2008 wasn't really all that bad for me but am going to make 2009 better.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 08:52:12 am »
Hey My Ladies,

Just dropping in to say Hello. Nothing much going on with me. I had an doctors appointment on last Wedsenday. I had to go in and get labs done. Lately I have been dealing with this watery feeling in my ear when I lay down at night. The doctor said it was my  sinus. It is really aggravating (sp?) I have also been dealing with a bout of tiredness. I can't sleep at night. Oh well, besides that all is good. I am basically through Christmas shopping. It seems like a ton of presents under my tree. I just love this time of year even though it was the day after Christmas that I got my results. Our last day of work is tomorrow and i'm off until Monday.  ;D. I just love the recipes you ladies have put up. I think I will try to make some fudge for the first time in my life. I might make it tonight for my children at the center.

Betty- I hope you have a fun and safe trip.

To all my other Ladies, Love you all and hopefully I will get to check back in later.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2008, 09:06:23 am »
Morning Ladies---

I am up at this ungodly hour because I had a late night visitor and I have an appointment this morning with Section 8. My visitor left around 4:30am and I just couldn't go to sleep afterwards. And if I were to go to sleep to catch a nap, I would not wake up. Best believe, I will be crawling into my bed after and will prolly sleep the rest of the day away.

We are on a lake effect snow watch that has been in effect since 4 pm yesterday and is suppose to last until 4 pm today. I did make an attempt to shovel earlier last night but there wasn't much out there. But when my company left, it looked kinda deep. I am thinking if I want to shovel before I go to my appointment or wait.

Just thought I would check in since I am up, though I feel like a freaking zombie.... :o
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2008, 09:20:40 am »
Hey ladies,

Queen, you posted the same time I was going to, and I looked to see who had and couldn't believe my eyes that it was you. :D  I hope your appointment goes well at section 8.  I really don't care much for those appointments, or the recert appointments with welfare, but I guess I have to have them to keep getting anything.  I hope you get some sleep today.  I would be majorly dragging ass if I didn't get any sleep.

Wendy, thanks.  I'm sure I would enjoy your poz friends.  Here there are no hetero poz groups.  Well, being that I'm bisexual, I suppose that's not such a big deal, but dammit, no available people at the regular HIV support group either.  And I'm unable to go right now anyway, due to school. 

Andrea, what's going on?  Are you sleeping in?

Cin, I will check out those links you posted as soon as I post this.

Keeping, did you make some fudge?  I'm curious how you liked it.

Well, you all probably didn't expect to see me this morning.  My flight was cancelled yesterday due to the weather.  We've been getting blasted.  The temp right now is -2F.  Yesterday, when I was at the airport, the windchill was -23F.  And it was blowing snow like crazy and the roads were ice covered.  When I got up yesterday, I lost power for a couple hours, so I wasn't really sure I was going to go, when I couldn't see to get myself ready.  Then, I was at the airport all day.  The flight was cancelled 15 minutes before it was due to arrive.  Then of course, everyone had to wait in line to get their luggage back.  I took a cab home, which costs $21.00!  Do you believe that?  I live like 20 minutes away from the airport.  Anyway, my sister and I rebooked my trip for Thursday, Christmas Day.  That's supposed to be the first clear day we have this week.  It's blowing horribly outside, then tomorrow and Wednesday, we're due for a winter storm. 

I am so sick of this weather.  I hope I can make it to Phoenix Thursday so I can be out of this for awhile.  And I hope when I fly back, that will be uneventful (which is Jan. 2nd).  I don't want to be stuck in Phoenix, especially with school starting Jan 5th. I don't want to be stuck in Detroit either, which is where my connecting flights are.  Oh, I got two A's in the classes I just took (Forensic Psych and Human Sexuality).  Yay.

Today I have to get milk, since I poured mine out yesterday before I left for the airport (didn't want it sitting in my frig going sour), and I'm going to pick up a friend's of mine son when he gets off work, which is not too far from me.  She's working right now, and her mum is babysitting, so she needed someone to do it.  I hope the driving conditions aren't too bad out, but fortunately I don't have to go far for either.  Other than that, I'll be hunkering down here and waiting for the winter storms.  I hope you ladies have a good day.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2008, 10:01:35 am »
For some stupid reason people tend to not care if a woman is bisexual but make a big deal about the men who are. Makes no difference to me.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2008, 10:06:55 am »
Good Morning!

Betty- That totally sucks about your flight! What an inconvenience. At least you still get to go see your sister. Did the airline charge any more money? You would think they wouldn't but who knows. Stay warm! Oh...congratulations on your grades.   ;D ;D

Keeping- Hey there lady! I have sinus problems too but mine mostly cause pressure and really bad headaches. Tylenol Sinus works for me.

Well, my goal for this week is to get some work done so I don't leave it for the last minute. For the first time I will be glad when the holidays are over. This is usually my favorite time of year but my family has completely fallen apart and it is not what it used to be. My mom has pretty much totally moved to Texas and only comes out for a few days on holidays and my dad informed me yesterday that he is having his new "friend" come over for Christmas and he doesn't want me to be surprised. This is his 4th or 5th "friend". My mom expects us all to be supportive of her and my dad just does what he wants. My sister in the mean time has no guidance. Ok...enough dwelling...I'll save it for my therapist LOL! We need to have something to talk about. Today I think I will clean up and wrap some gifts. Stay warm everyone!  :)

Offline jennynyc7

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2008, 11:44:19 am »
Hi ladies! Just wanted to pop in real quick to wish everyone a safe Holiday. I do come here everyday and read every bit but with my job and hectic homelife, I can never designate a set amount of time to reply as frequent as I like. It seems like everytime I start a reply, something happens and I can never get back to it. Anyway, things are ok here. My youngest had a stomach virus last week which was a nightmare since I have emetephobia (fear of vomit). Luckily nobody else got it. My mom is still in town and my sister will arrive sometime this evening. I am cooking Christmad dinner for the first time ever and am excited but nervous. Luckily my bf is an awesome cook. This is also the first year that I won't have to leave my house on Christmas day. I am adopted but know my biological family and I typically would go to my grandmas, moms and aunts but I just straight up told them that this year, I ain't doing it. We will go there Xmas eve though, I am not that harsh. hee hee. As you can see from my sig line, for some reason they detected a small viral load this last blood draw. No worries though...I guess. Just hope next one doesn't go up. Then I would be going on combo #3 and I haven't even been on meds a year yet. I have been having some issues with what feels like bone aches, not muscle aches. It's like I feel like I may be coming down with something but never do. I have had to take Darvocet's on a regular basis (which I do not like doing). Anyway....

Again, I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday.

Sincerely,

Jenny
12/24/07-infected
1/3/08-ARS began
2/12/08-diagnosed
Initial Vl=99000
CD4=585
2/14/08-began Truvada/Reyataz/Norvir
3/01/08=Swapped Reyataz for Viramune
5/1/08:     vl= undetectable
                cd4=1250
10/24/08:  vl=undetectable
                cd4=1172 (55%)

12/4/08:    vl=254 (hopefully just a small blip)
                cd4=1234

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2008, 07:07:54 pm »
Hi GFs~

I finally got to see the hand doc tonight and she gave me a cortizone shot in my palm, at the base of my middle finger, right hand.  It didn't hurt too bad, and she said the stuff will take a week to start working and will help to alleviate the stiffness in my finger.  I've made a follow-up appt for 6 weeks in case I need another shot.  The doc was hopeful that this would work, 2/3's of the time it does!

Well, I am in a good mood tonight and so damn grateful for everything it my life.  I have been tearing up when singing Christmas songs and all that.  LOL  Yeah, I know, I know, but.....

I have made it to 15 years with this virus, ladies.  FIFTEEN YEARS.  I remember being 24 and being excited for Christmas, going back to my GYN for my test results, not a care in the world.  I was told I was poz on 12/22/93 and I remember saying, "This couldn't have happened to a better person, its not going to get me, I will fight this thing."  After AZT, protease inhibitors, Zerit and Videx and a dose of lipo, I am still standing.

I have a lot to be thankful for, I really DO.  :)

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Forgot to add that my new labs are below.....  :)

~Cindy
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 07:17:06 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline vivyt

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2008, 07:18:26 pm »
Cindy-I'm glad you are finally getting some relief for your hand. I hope the shots work. You know I find myself sometimes forgetting I'm even positive. I don't know if it is denial or acceptance.  :) No one ever promised life would be easy and it is what we make it! Any big plans with you and Ice?

Betty- I hope you're not frozen!

Again another day of nothing much. I took the dog for a walk this morning. I put a sweater on her, she wasn't too thrilled, and out the door we went. If she could she would walk for hours. That dog never gets worn out! She needs to be on a treadmill for about an hour!

tendai

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2008, 03:19:18 am »
hie everyone, just popping in to say HAPPY HOLIDAYS![/color]  i wont be online until January when we open work.  Mr Out of town is in town, yay! Im going to make the most of him while he's here ;D

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2008, 10:05:17 am »
Morning ladies,

Wendy, I know people who don't care if women are gay, but get creeped out when they see two men who are.  I sometimes think it's them not being comfortable with themselves.

Andrea, no, the airline didn't charge anymore money, since the flight was cancelled.  I'm sorry your family's so flaked out right now.  I suppose it's just everyone doing their own thing.  Is your mum in town right now? 

Cin, congrats on making it to 15 years.  Next February will be my 20th anniversary.  I hear ya on the early medications, I know all about those.   I hope the Cortisone works for your fingers. 

Tendai, I hope you enjoy all you can of Mr. Out-of-town while he's around.  And have a great holiday season.  I'll be looking for you in January.

The weather right now is actually up to 15F.  That's warmer than it was all day yesterday.  A couple more days and I'm supposed to be flying again.  If this flight gets cancelled, I'm not rebooking unless my sister's willing to do it for sometime in spring/summer.  Flying during the winter is kind of insane; you never know what it's going to be like outside.  According to the weather channel, we're supposed to be getting a winter storm today/tomorrow, then snow early on Christmas.  And I'm supposed to be flying out at 8:00 a.m.  And if it gets delayed, I might not be able to go either, since I'm supposed to catch a connecting flight in Detroit, then fly onto Phoenix.  Anyway......

They're having stories this week in my hometown newspaper about the homeless people.  This morning's was about a small group of homeless women, how they travel around during the day (to different businesses until they get run out), abandoned buildings they stay in to try to keep warm at night, and one of them prostituting to try to get a little money for drugs/food etc.  It makes me really, really sad.  Our homeless shelter was once the focus of other shelters across the country, because of their good track record.  They're still a good shelter, they have a lot of good programs.  It's just that it can't accomdate everyone who needs it right now.  And the other shelter (the one I volunteered at) has a month-long waiting list.  It makes me so grateful I have a place to live, and a little less likely to start bitching about the weather when I don't have to actually live out in it.

I can't believe it's almost Christmas.  Without my parents, it's a little hard to keep track of holidays, since they always used to do that, talk about them coming up etc.  I miss them a lot, I really do.  For those of you with parents (whose parents aren't complete assholes) consider yourselves extremely lucky.  If there's any mending of the fences to do, do it now and treasure your relationship with them.  I understand not everyone has a good relationship with their parents, for one reason or another.  I just had to realize, when thinking about the mistakes my parents made, that I made a hell of a lot as a parent, and I know no one who has a perfect track record with children.  Of course, I'm not talking about extremely abusive parents (sexually, physically). 

Today I really have nothing to do.  So, I'll probably be around on and off.  Have a good day ladies.

Offline netta

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2008, 01:12:27 pm »
Just lost my post ! dang! anyway resting in bed today, back and sinus problems.
hope u all have a good week, i am taking it easy and have to cook xmas for the familly. less people than thanksgiving, grand kids keeping me going! talking to a NEW  man now and enjoying our conversations, maybe i won't  give up on love after all.
mr. navyman is out of the picture. just friends for real now.
I think i may have an bladder infection or something from having sex.  thats a bummer since i had gone so long without any.anyway i will get checked out after the holidays, I have had an hysterectomy so I get bacteria infections at least once  a year and have to take flagly which i  hate. drinking plenty water and crnaberry juice.
Betty have a safe trip ande goodbye for the UMPHTEENTH TIME. lol hope it warms up and u dont get any more snow.
Queen hang in there, how  about selling ur eggs for big money! no just kidding, but I hear its a big thing now.
everyone has some great recipes!
winn- those bon bons are to die for!!!!
 be blessed

« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 01:16:46 pm by netta »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2008, 11:12:08 pm »
Just popping in to say hello ladies. I made 96 cinnamon sugar pecan cookies. 48 peanut butter with reeses cups inside cookies and 18 chocolate chip carmel bars today.
I've got more to do tommorrow. I wont be baking for a while after Christmas LOL my legs are killing me.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2008, 12:07:54 am »
What in the world Wendy! Are you giving all of that as gifts or are you having a party? My mom used to make gift baskets for everyone and would spend a couple of days baking.

Hey Netta- another man huh? You are on fire! LOL!

Offline minismom

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2008, 05:37:52 am »
Wendy, I'm right there with you, hun.  I made your fudge recipe (with a couple of alterations) and stirred in some hickory nuts from our tree.  Then, I made 4 doz chocolate chip cookies, 3 dozen peanut butter, and today I'm baking 2 loaves of bread, 3 dozen rolls, and about 5 dozen orange-chocolate cookies.  My parents and brother are coming over tonight for supper before we go to Christmas Eve service, then they'll be back tomorrow morning for breakfast - cooking part of that today, too.  Tomorrow night, we'll head to my parents' house for dinner (I'm bringing the rolls). 

I love to cook, just hate cleaning up..LOL..so Hubby does that. 

Ladies, my body is officially WHACKED out.  OK, it's been whacked for years, it's just choosing now to remind me.  I started this morning - 11 days late!  I took 2 tests just to make sure #7 wasn't on the way, although we couldn't figure out when it happened if it did.  I'm thinking that if it didn't bother my body to be 11 days late, it shouldn't have bothered it to be 13 days late and start after Christmas.  Now I'm crampy, my kidneys hurt, my right leg keeps going numb, and I'm irritable.  I know, i'm always irritable.  Today I'm extra irritable. 

On top of all that, the heating element went out in our water heater.  Hubby took out the old one last night, but didn't put the new one in.  Translated: I can't take a shower until who knows when. >:(  It's raining and getting above freezing later this afternoon so I may just take my soap and a towel...if not, we have wet wipes.

I hope all of you ladies have a wonderful Christmas.  Betty, you're plane should be leaving soon - here's to a safe, uneventful, on-time, journey and a fun-filled visit with your sister.

Much love to you all!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2008, 06:12:56 am »
Man, it seems like ever since I lost that one nights sleep,my sleeping schedule has been off. I have been sleeping off and on. I will try once again to go back to sleep after posting here. A friend of mine and his sister stopped over last night. They gave me some presents which I was truly surprised. I got a silver necklace with a M on it, a red hoodie type shirt, it's cute,earrings, and a knick knack, it's an egg but it is so pretty, it opens up. That made my day. I wasn't going to open them til Christmas but they made me open them early.... ;D

I admit too, Wini, you sure are on a baking frenzy. I never knew anyone that baked so much with the exception of my Dad.

Tendai--- Enjoy yourself.. ;)

Mum---I don't have those problems anymore, thank the Goddess for the depo shot and I got my tubes tied 18 years ago. And with using condoms on top of that, I'd say I am well protected.... ;D

Betty----I hope you make your trip on time. Sexy left yesterday to go visit his fam in Chicago.

Well, I am going to try to go back to sleep again...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2008, 09:49:51 am »
Morning ladies,

Netta, you go!  I wish I had the problem of trying to balance men. :)

Wendy, I hope you have a good time eating those treats you've made.  Are you giving them away as presents or keeping them? ;) 

Andrea, what are you going to be doing tomorrow?

Mum, I hope the heating element gets fixed soon.  I think as women get older, their cycles get more off-balanced.  At least that's what I experienced.  I'm like Queen-I had my tubes tied (although about 19 years ago), and I'm also on the Depo shot, to stop the bleeding. 

Queen, I was watching the local news this morning and Chicago has been kind of a mess the last few days.  It's freezing rain there this morning.  My brother and his girlfriend are going there for Christmas, since he's estranged from my two sisters.  Anyway, they made reservations at a couple restaurants and they're going to see the Broadway play Wicked.  I am totally jealous, I would like to go see it.  Anyway, he said they're also going to the Museum of Art and the Shedd Aquarium. And his girlfriend wants to go ice skating, which he has never done (I haven't either, not my thing).  I hope the weather clears while they're there.  I'm glad you got some presents. 

Yep, I don't know if I'm going to be posting tomorrow morning or not, as I have to be at the airport by 7:00 a.m.  It would have been nice to get a later flight, but at least I'll get there before it's night my time.  I'm leaving there at 8:00 a.m., getting into Detroit at 9:11, leaving there are 9:55 a.m., then arriving in Phoenix at 3:00 p.m. my time.  I was thinking, wow, that's a long ass time in the air.  I'm just nervous because I haven't flown in so long.  I hope I don't puke at all, that'd be totally uncool. 

I really don't have anything else exciting to report.  My daughter lives in Washington, where they've been getting all that snow they're not used to getting there.  I talked to her a couple nights ago, and last night, and she said they don't have the road crews there like we do here to clear the snow.  Luckily she's driven in it before, but she said her car doesn't do well on it.  Her boyfriend just got out of the hospital yesterday.  He had a blood clot in one of his arms.  She said they sent him home with some injectable medicine he has to take for awhile.  I have no clue what she's talking about.  It's not Insulin, it's some blood thinner he has to inject into his stomach.  I don't believe I've ever heard of that.  Anyway......  I hope you ladies have a good day!

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2008, 09:59:53 am »
UUUGhh.. I just lost what I was posting, my laptop has been freaking out lately.  While I am typing the letters all of sudden stop going in order and jump up into another word I have already typed, it is very annoying.

Queen- I was laughing at your sig line, that is a good one.  Sweet Dreams ;)

Mum- I hope you are feeling better.  I am going to try your carrot recipe tomorrow, my kids love HVR.  I hope your hubby fixes the hot water heater soon, it sucks not having hot water.

BT- Sorry to hear your flight got cancelled, I hope your flight goes well tomorrow.

Win- You should give Martha Stewart the boot, you have a much better personality anyway.  I wish I would have some of your peanut butter cookies.  I was going to make them for my Mom to put in a cookie jar I got her but didn't want to chance it with one of the kids having a nut allergy.

Viv- How much time do you have off?  I can't believe the kids out here are out for 2 weeks straight.

Netta- Congrats on the new man!

Ten- We will miss you, I hope you are doing well!

Keeping- How are you feeling?  Remember that cartoon I was talking about?  It was Max and Ruby.

Hi Jenny!!!
I hope everyone has a happy and healthy holiday!

My Mom and Dad are supposed to come over tomorrow but my Moms dog got hit by a car Monday afternoon and she might have to go and get her out of the hospital.  They ended up taking her to a vet that is a friend of the family but who lives 3 hrs away, because the hospital wanted her to take the dog to a 24 hr hospital.  When my mother took her last dog there, just recently, the bill ended up being over $8000 and they still had to put the dog down  :(

Offline vivyt

« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2008, 10:45:14 am »
Good Morning Everyone! Lots of happy baking going on!

Mum- I hope you get that hot working soon. Enjoy all your baked goods and have a wonderful Christmas.

Betty- I hope you have a good time and your plane actually gets to leave

Snow- I am so sorry about your mom's dog. That is terrible. I would be devastated if something if something happened to my dog.

Well today it is supposed to rain and I plan on staying in an wrapping presents and baking a treat to take to my friend's house tomorrow night. Yesterday I took some toys and a blanket to the animal shelter to donate for Christmas. I wish I could just take all of them home. My mom is in town with her fiance. I did not know he was coming. They are staying at my grandparents house. It has been about 3 years since my parents got divorced but believe it or not it is still difficult for me. Tomorrow I am going over to my grandma's house and then my dad's and then I will have dinner at my friend's with her family.

Snow, I think you asked how long of a break I have...I go back on the 5th.

That's all for now. I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2008, 07:39:29 pm »
Just a quick pop in to say Merry Christmas to everyone. The goodies are all for gift baskets for family and friends. I do it every year and I am officially done with the baking.
Today I baked Ranger cookies. Never made them before its an interesting recipe. They are tasty.
Have a safe and happy holiday!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2008, 04:49:25 am »
Very early morning ladies,

Snow, I am so, so sorry about your mum's dog.  I hope you all have a good Christmas anyway.

Andrea, good luck with the family situation. 

Wendy, I know you're relieved to be done with the baking.

Yes, it's only 4:45 a.m. here.  I tried to get to sleep early last night, but of course being used to staying up late couldn't.  Oh well, I suppose I can sleep on the plane.  Oh, before I forget, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!   I sure hope you all have a good day today. 

I only have the stuff I'm using this morning (toothbrush, etc.) to pack up.  I really can't believe I'm going, suppose I won't until I'm actually sitting on the plane. 

I hope all you ladies have a wonderful day.  I'm going to try to use my sister's computer while I'm there to keep up with everyone. :-*

Offline netta

« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2008, 11:05:40 am »
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE, I LOVE YOU ALL!
THIS YEAR HAS BEEN SO SPECIAL FOR ME, BECAUSE I GOT TO KNOW YOU ALL AND WE ARE OUR OWN FAMILY, SO SISTERS HAVE A BLESSED ONE AND THANK  GOD WE MADE IT TO ANOTHER XMAS.MY SIS IS HAVING A HARD TIME, SINCE SHE LOST HER SON,THEM LOSING HER COUSIN WHO WAS GUNNED DOWN AT 18.JUSTLAST MONTH LAST NITE WAS ROUGH FOR US CAUSE WE COULDN'T BE TOGETHER, SO WE CRIED OVER THE PHONE. KEEP HER IN PRAYER.

UPDATE-- MY SICK BROTHER MADE IT ANOTHER YEAR ALSO, HE CALLED EARLY THIS MORNING! LAST YEAR AT XMAS THE DOCTORS HAD GIVEN HIM UP!
GOD IS GOOD. LUV TO ALL
BETTY- LET US KNOW U ARRIVED SAFE.
QUEEN- LOVE AND SPECIAL BLESSINGS COMING YOUR WAY
MOM- GET SOME REST
WINN- I WISH I COULD EAT THE COOKIES
VIVT- ENJOY UR VACATION

« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 11:12:11 am by netta »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.