Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:59:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 160
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 121
Total: 121

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Football Player Gives State Rep A Tongue Lashing Over Marriage Equality  (Read 3275 times)

Offline tednlou2

I am sending Chris a thank you letter.  I know many believe he was over the top and used such potty mouth language.  Oh dear!  I've read some of the comments.  But, I think the "please have a change of heart" way doesn't work with some people. 

http://m.deadspin.com/5941348/they-wont-magically-turn-you-into-a-lustful-cockmonster-chris-kluwe-explains-gay-marriage-to-the-politician-who-is-offended-by-an-nfl-player-supporting-it

Offline mitch777

Re: Football Player Gives State Rep A Tongue Lashing Over Marriage Equality
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 04:02:01 pm »
terrific link!
and agree that the potty mouth style has it's place.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline jb1973

• To thine ownself be true
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 07:21:34 pm »
I love that story myself.  And that d-bag burns deserved every word. Also, chris was mad so and expressed what he was feeling, potty mouth and all.  Isn't that what free speech is for? Plus, I hope it even gets more people reading his letter. Then maybe they will send letters to d bag burns an let him no what an epic asshole he is.
??Infected - 08-09??
3/3/11-tested POZ
3/18/11 - CD4-534 VL-6,600
6/24/11 - CD4-642 VL-10,800
10/11 - CD4-580 33% VL-9,900
1/12 - CD4-602 ?% VL-9,700
3/12 - CD4-552 27% VL=10,684
8/12 - cd4-550 24% VL=9.865
Started Isentress/Truvada
10/12- CD4-613 31% VL=UD

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 07:50:33 pm »
While it may feel good for Chris, he did absolutely nothing to change anyone's opinion with that letter.  You cannot affect change when you refuse to acknowledge that others have a right to their opinion, right or wrong.  As soon as you start calling someone names, you become part of the problem.  If he had written the same letter, omitting the foul language and personal attacks, I would have been very impressed.  As it is, he's lost the moral high ground by attacking the person, rather than concentrating on what the man said.

Joe

Offline ds4146

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 10:06:28 pm »
He did absolutely everything to change opinion. He stood up and spoke his mind, now the words might not be what someone might write in other situations, but the truth hit home; and I would imagine, particularly in a younger generation. Table language at my Mom's dinner table, no, but we ain't sitting there. Sorry Mom, trying to make a point.

Love it, calling a spade a spade.

Offline DecoyBarrier

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 03:47:29 am »
AHahah :D

It was awesome :)

Offline Jody

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 08:14:41 pm »
I was delighted to see the young punter's comments regarding the hateful words of yet another conservative zealot against not only gay rights but free speech as well.  The young man may not have perfectly written his response but it was heartfelt and sincere and it was obviously important for him to let people know how he feels.  I'm glad he took the time and showed real guts to do so in a sport and a business with its head up its butt.  He may help to prevent at least one or more gay bashings in the process by raising awareness.  I wouldn't want to change anything he said, kudos to him and thanks from a gay man who also happens to be a sports fan!

Jody :) :) :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 08:18:55 pm by Jody »
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.