Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:52:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773214
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 465
Total: 468

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Incredibly frustrated  (Read 6609 times)

Offline fabio

Incredibly frustrated
« on: March 28, 2021, 07:40:26 am »
It is very f'ing unfair,that we the general people have been closed off on our homes for 1 year (or more,I don't remember anymore ) with 600 cases daily that we started on lockdown,but now that the tourists are coming we might open tourism at 14 of may. This is bull. It is frustrating that there are people in greece that haven't seen their families for 8 months because we cant even travel from county to county,but tourists can go anywhere they please with no tests and no issue.
I have done 2 semesters already online,many kids haven't gone to school to be proper student,but if TUI wants to open then we,as slaves,must obey the government's sayings.
I'm so damn tired that this is nonsensical. The fact that they decide to open tourism without assurance that the workers will get vaccinated.
I needed to vent somewhere,sorry for pandering all this stuff but all of this is like a bad,bad joke .

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Incredibly frustrated
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 04:28:44 pm »
I was watching the Dutch news this week and they were interviewing people in Spain. They too were frustrated with tourists being allowed to travel etc when locals are still under restrictions. 

Appreciate both side however would agree to leave the tourism as it is, for now, closed. I mean we clearly don't have a grasp of Covid or the vaccine rollout yet within the EU. Fr/NL/De/Be etc rates are increasing and in Ireland, vaccine rollout is a fucking mess to be polite about it.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 08:10:54 pm »
CDC director Rochelle Walensky warns of "impending doom" amid COVID-19 spikes

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cdc-director-rochelle-walensky-covid-impending-doom/

I am frustrated as well, with the tourism issues here in Florida.

Fabio,... Just try to hang in there awhile longer, and keep yourself protected. I can certainly understand your frustration.

Ray
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 08:14:09 pm by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 08:20:34 pm »
"Younger People Making Up More Of Florida's New COVID-19 Cases"

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/coronavirus/2021/03/29/younger-people-making-up-more-of-florida-s-new-covid-19-cases

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- It's not a list you want to see your state on. Johns Hopkins University data shows Florida recorded the second-highest number of new COVID cases Monday....
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline joemutt

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 11:55:10 pm »
130 (one hundred and thirty) airplanes full of Germans (and germs) flying into Mallorca in 2 days last weekend while Spanish people can't travel. this is exporting disease for the sake of the tourism industry.

Offline fabio

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 01:08:54 am »
I was watching the Dutch news this week and they were interviewing people in Spain. They too were frustrated with tourists being allowed to travel etc when locals are still under restrictions. 

Appreciate both side however would agree to leave the tourism as it is, for now, closed. I mean we clearly don't have a grasp of Covid or the vaccine rollout yet within the EU. Fr/NL/De/Be etc rates are increasing and in Ireland, vaccine rollout is a fucking mess to be polite about it.

Exactly, if they won't deliver with the vaccinations they should just drop tourists. The most annoying thing is that tourists, just like last year, will be free to go and do as they please whereas we will be on lockdown, we will have to send sms to go out (we have to get permission to go out, tragic right?).

130 (one hundred and thirty) airplanes full of Germans (and germs) flying into Mallorca in 2 days last weekend while Spanish people can't travel. this is exporting disease for the sake of the tourism industry.

That is exactly our fear as well, we have so little hospitals and people that won't be able to deal with all this. On top of it, British and German tourists will do as they please with no consequences because ''they are our friends with money''. I would rather not work at all the entire summer season than to risk my well being and others on the island.

Offline fabio

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 01:16:26 am »
CDC director Rochelle Walensky warns of "impending doom" amid COVID-19 spikes

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cdc-director-rochelle-walensky-covid-impending-doom/

I am frustrated as well, with the tourism issues here in Florida.

Fabio,... Just try to hang in there awhile longer, and keep yourself protected. I can certainly understand your frustration.

Ray

I'm guessing the tourists are young irresponsible drunk students on spring break. That's exactly the kind of people here as well, creme de la creme. Unfortunately, they will do as they please because they value money way more than public health.

Last year it was the same thing. It all is predictable for everyone: the tourists will have fun, we will be miserable yet again, there's gonna be a new strain, during the high season there will be no cases magically so we can accommodate the tourists (fake zero cases, that is a true story, they truly lied that we are on the clear until TUI got caught with an entire airbus of covid cases) and, lastly, there will be a new strain that will force us yet again into a harsh lockdown...

Offline daveR

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 03:48:24 am »
Can't blame the tourists though really, British, German or wherever. Have to take it up with your government. I am a foreigner living in Thailand, a country very heavily dependent on tourism. Not a wealthy country. They closed their borders to mass tourism last April, a lot of businesses have closed which relied on tourism. Many people are struggling, yet still they have resisted just throwing the doors open. I see no point any country that had imposed border closures and lockdowns for the past 12 months opening up and throwing away the hard work the people have done. Give it a few more months, get the vaccines into people's arms, then let the tourists come.

Offline fabio

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2021, 08:35:51 am »
Of course I dont blame them, but there still is personal responsibility. Going to a place where there isnt a clear plan on vaccination or that isnt safe is their personal responsibility.
But,of course the biggest frustration is with the government that gets us through hot and cold mood with measures that counter measures the current "responsibility".

Offline TGun

• Happy to be alive
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2021, 10:16:13 pm »
hahaha, ya theyre exporting the natural vaccine,,, forced mass vaccination via herd immunization.  its inevitable,, just no governement is gonna come right out and say it for liability reasons.. just protect yourself like you do with everything else in life,, (meds, seat belts, etc.)  dont expect anyone esp. the government to do it for you.

Offline joemutt

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2021, 09:29:32 am »
It is a personal responsibility not to infect other people with a virus. ;)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.