Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:40:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 622
Total: 622

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hubbys results  (Read 5247 times)

Offline Teresa

Hubbys results
« on: February 22, 2007, 04:24:53 pm »
Got the rest of Hubbys results in the mail today.

CD4  - 252 was 197
CD4%-20.3 was 20.6
VL - <75  was <75

Since his CD4s went up I figured his % would go up too. Just glad it didn't drop more than that.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: Hubbys results
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 04:32:43 pm »
"Steady as he goes" Practically identical for Hubby :) Great big hug to you guys!

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 04:36:10 pm »
That great new Teresa.

FANTASTIC.

Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline bear60

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 04:40:03 pm »
It's great that you and your husband are so close. He is so lucky to have you in his life.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 04:51:40 pm »
Huzzah for hubby results!  :D

Keep the virus down!
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 05:20:55 pm »
Well done, Teresa. Here's to continuing to head in a healthy direction.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Esquare

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 11:39:50 pm »
Great news Teresa. It looks like he is definitely responding well and headed in the right direction.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 11:43:31 pm »
Teresa,  as I said last time, its more you than anything, the meds are just helping a bit...   You are such a kick ass Wife...  Congradulations to both of you...

Love,

Offline Nadine

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 06:42:25 am »
Looking good Teresa!  :)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 09:36:03 am »
Hey Mrs. T

He's above that 200 mark!  YES!

Things are definitely moving the right direction.

RAB   ;D

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 06:29:59 pm »
Hello Teresa,

I think Hubby's numbers are doing GREAT !! My best goes out to you, and your husband !

Take care-Thanks for the update------Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline SoSadTooBad

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 11:14:03 am »
Teresa - great news!!  He is doing great, and lucky to have you by his side.     ;D

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 11:18:50 am »
My Dear Teresa, the Rock!

Please make sure he still drinks loads of water, eats plenty of yogurt, loads of animal protein and keeps the kitchen and bathroom clean.  Those little things really do help in getting up to the 300 mark, but mind you, this can take an inordinate amount of time.  Mine was about five years, so there is always hope, but it must be tempered with no expectations.

Love ya both!
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline koi1

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 11:54:18 am »
Congrats for both of you! I am hopeing to pass the 200 mark by my next exams. I hope your hubby just keeps getting better and better!

rob
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

Offline Robert

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 01:33:07 pm »
"steady as she goes"

Hubby is doing OK!!~~.  He's one lucky guy!

robert

Offline SUNSHYNE

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 04:20:35 pm »
HEY

that is great news about your husband..keep it up..

im new to this site and new to really everything it has been 2mths since i just found out my fiance is hiv+.. this is the worst thing that has every happened in my life.nobody really knows atleast nobody in his family just me and  my friend who i needed to tell because i dont have anybody to talk to ..i still cant believe it i dont know when will i get to that piont of knowing this is what it is..i starting seeing a therapist to  help me adjust to it

its just really hard i love him so much i think i prefer to act as if it doesnt exsist because the minute i dwell on it i break down no matter where i am

didnt mean to make this about me,

once again congrats..many blessings

sunshyne

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 04:52:38 pm »
I agree with everyone the hubby's results were pretty good and hope the next results are better!!  As long as the trend is in your favor you're doing well.  Keep up the good work.

I'm sure your husband knows what a lucky person he is to have you in his life!  I hope you know what an important part of the forums you are, Teresa.   You have a unique perspective and I for one have learned a few things from you.

Best of luck to you both!

Boo
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline SUNSHYNE

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 11:41:46 am »
hi teresa

thank you so much for your email it made me fee really good, especially knowing that its something u can relate too it does make me feel like an outsider.

on dec.17 i went to the er with my hubby and took his teen daughter because she was sick so i was with him in the er and his mom with his daughter in the peds er.. anyway it basically started with us going to the er on the 11 of dec where he was diagnosed with thrush a yeast infection is all we were told. meds were given and on our way home we left, by the 2nd day he broke out in a rash all over, we went back to the same hospital they told us ok get off the meds go home dont worry. by the 17 he barley could walk from the bedroom to the bathroom always out of breath..so when we went to a different er and when he told the nurse about having thrush she stated hey listen only people with hiv get this why dont u get tested to make sure, boy when he came back and told me that i saw the fear in his eyes all i said was dont worry lets pray its not that i stepped out to the car and broke down crying to god that this cant be what do i do what do i promise to change so this doesnt happen, ending result they took him inside alone when i returned it was true he was hiv +..life changed for the worst nothing was real anger took over me completly this wasnt fair he is such a good person why? he was admitted because he had amonia.i went home that first night and cried for hours i laid on his pillow crying until i fell asleep.

long long story short, he has aids full blown the first md app. the results were t-cells 13 vl-100.000 he has put on atripla and so far so  good next month he will get his blood drawn for new results so i pray that we have good news i know its going to  take time but im sure it will be ok, nobody in his family or friends know about this and i shared this with my mom and bestfriend we have nobody else which makes it really hard

iam grateful to be able to express myself even though thinking about it all over again brings me to tears it feels like just yesterday when will it get better?

god bless u and your family

Offline Christine

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 04:49:24 pm »
Good news!
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 11:01:11 pm »
Nice numbers for your hubby....

It's fine..they are growing... (Give em a chance to do-little-reproductive-things :P

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.