Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:23:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772963
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 172
Total: 175

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: IMPORTANT: INTERNATIONAL SURVEY-PLEASE CONSIDER PARTICIPATING  (Read 6046 times)

Offline emeraldize

I received this today and encourage you to take the survey and also, distribute the survey to others as well. This is a survey of international scope, so the more the better. Thank you!

Participate in Important New Survey on HIV Prevention Strategies Targeting MSM!

June 24, 2010

Dear Colleague,

You are invited to be part of the Global Forum on MSM and HIV (MSMGF) Survey on HIV Prevention Strategies Targeting Gay Men and Men Who Have Sex with Men (MSM)!

We are looking for gay men, MSM and providers from all over the world to take part so that we are able to better understand the HIV prevention knowledge and needs of MSM globally. We are also interested in hearing about the social realities for MSM in your area.

We know that you are very busy, but ask that you please consider taking the time to complete this important survey (it should take about 10 minutes). You can do so by clicking one of the following links:

English: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HCTXTQ3 <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HCTXTQ3>

Spanish: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JPBFQRH <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JPBFQRH>

French: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JPG3M7S <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JPG3M7S>

Russian: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JPH7HDK <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JPH7HDK>

We also encourage you to distribute this e-mail invitation as widely as possible throughout your networks and affiliations.

Thank you in advance for supporting this work. We will be sharing preliminary survey findings at the MSMGF's "Be Heard" Pre-Conference on July 17th in Vienna, Austria. We will also be publishing and disseminating a more extensive report on the findings later this year. Your participation will ensure that we communicate the broadest and most in-depth information possible regarding MSM HIV prevention knowledge and needs.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Pato Hebert at phebert@msmgf.org <mailto:phebert@msmgf.org> .

Best regards,

The Global Forum on MSM & HIV

Mohan Sundararaj, MBBS MPH | Policy Associate

The Global Forum on MSM & HIV (MSMGF)

Email: msundararaj@msmgf.org <mailto:gayala@msmgf.org>      Skype: pianomd

P: +1 (510) 271-1953        

« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 05:27:05 pm by emeraldize »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: IMPORTANT: INTERNATIONAL SURVEY OF MSM-PLEASE CONSIDER PARTICIPATING
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 08:40:58 am »
Done. Not the most elegantly designed instrument, however.

MtD

Offline john33

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 08:42:41 am »
Hi Em,

thanks for the link 'Ive just filled in the survey

John

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 09:04:28 am »
Thank you, both. I don't know about the design (as I am not eligible to participate), but the intention is good and the Vienna date is coming up fast. You may send this to as many friends, CABs, organizations as you wish to increase the distribution. Em

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 09:06:57 am »
Thank you, both. I don't know about the design (as I am not eligible to participate), but the intention is good and the Vienna date is coming up fast. You may send this to as many friends, CABs, organizations as you wish to increase the distribution. Em

Hey Em,

I don't doubt the intention or the validity of the study. I know you wouldn't link us to anything substandard and I know you're not responsible for the instrument. :)

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 09:38:49 am »
I filled it out as I qualify as a "provider" - ie what I do in Am I. I could tell the questions were partly geared toward that - in other words, it "knew" I was a woman working in the field. I guess you get different sets of questions depending on how you answer the first page, and then again it seems to have different sets of questions toward the end depending on your answer to the hiv status question. Interesting.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 09:41:11 am »
I finished taking it a few minutes ago --- I definitely have to learn more about this pre-PEP stuff, microbides (SIC?), etc.  and I thought I was a kind of smart cookie -- guess some of my knowledge in regards to HIV/AIDS is slightly dated in areas.
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 10:33:18 am »
Hey Em,

I don't doubt the intention or the validity of the study. I know you wouldn't link us to anything substandard and I know you're not responsible for the instrument. :)

MtD
Hey Matty,
I didn't take it that way and actually appreciated knowing your experience.
I filled it out as I qualify as a "provider" - ie what I do in Am I. I could tell the questions were partly geared toward that - in other words, it "knew" I was a woman working in the field. I guess you get different sets of questions depending on how you answer the first page, and then again it seems to have different sets of questions toward the end depending on your answer to the hiv status question. Interesting.

And, Ann, now that you've taken it -- I'm going to link in and see if my work in the field has a category. I made an assumption I would not qualify. Amended to add: Nope, no category for me as what I do is not direct healthcare or social services.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 10:35:51 am by emeraldize »

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 10:37:37 am »
I finished taking it a few minutes ago --- I definitely have to learn more about this pre-PEP stuff, microbides (SIC?), etc.  and I thought I was a kind of smart cookie -- guess some of my knowledge in regards to HIV/AIDS is slightly dated in areas.

I can help you with links to learn about microbicides...
www.ipm-microbicides.org
www.global-campaign.org
www.rectalmicrobicides.org

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 10:38:20 am »
Thanks Em!
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 10:39:46 am »
You're most welcome!! There's a lot of research going on worldwide in microbicides.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 11:59:17 am »
I finished the survey, where's my cookie?

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 05:25:50 pm »
 :)

Here's your smiley cookie! Thank you, HR.

Offline veritas

Re: IMPORTANT: INTERNATIONAL SURVEY-PLEASE CONSIDER PARTICIPATING
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 09:59:52 am »

Em,

Completed survey. I know some of this information is available on a local level, however, global opinions, especially broken down by country, will be interesting to view.

v

Offline emeraldize

Re: IMPORTANT: INTERNATIONAL SURVEY-PLEASE CONSIDER PARTICIPATING
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2010, 12:08:55 pm »
V
You raise a good point. I'll ask the issuing organization if they'll be sending the data out the date they present in Vienna.
Em

amended to add: just sent an e-mail asking for followup on this point and later findings as well.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 12:12:54 pm by emeraldize »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.