Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:04:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773196
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 423
Total: 426

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Microchip HIV carriers! WTF!  (Read 11775 times)

Offline lostboy

Microchip HIV carriers! WTF!
« on: July 24, 2007, 05:03:32 am »
This is the most insane idea ever. I'm shocked that anyone could even contemplate this.  Thank God for the human rights you have in Western countries.

Papua signals move to microchip HIV carriers

A doctor says lawmakers in the Indonesian province of Papua are mulling the selective use of chip implants in HIV carriers to monitor their behaviour in a bid to keep them from infecting others.

http://abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/07/24/1987295.htm?section=world

"There is no gene for the human spirit"

Offline rkeat25

Re: Microchip HIV carriers! WTF!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 07:22:09 am »
WTF is right!

"Some of the infected people experience a change of behaviour and can turn more aggressive and would not think twice of infecting others,"

-I'm always skeptical when statements are made without evidence such as the one above made by the person interviewed in the article.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 07:40:19 am »
Hmm, maybe they can use the chip to locate illegal immigrants in the US that don't show up to court for their hearings. 

Offline xyahka

• Dance together!! aha!! aha!! I like it!!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 09:43:15 am »
Hmm, maybe they can use the chip to locate illegal immigrants in the US that don't show up to court for their hearings. 

Oh come on... leave the poor immigrants alone....

I was just wondering if that shit would "beep" everytime you fuck .... or if it would send them a red signal to their monitor :D. They would get crazy!

Juan Carlos

Who read from super very Orthodox that chips would be "the signal of the beast" in the last times.... perhaps it was referring to the sexual beast i have inside  ;D
13/03/07 1er diagnóstico /Peso: 79kg
19/04/07 CD4: 494 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 80kg
19/07/07 CD4: 659 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79.5kg
06/03/08 CD4: 573 (después de meses muy deprimido) /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79kg
17/09/08 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 84Kg
06/02/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 85Kg /HCV: Neg /HBV: Neg.
07/03/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg / Gym 3días/semana y Natación 2días/semana.
12/05/09 CD4: 470 /Cviral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg.
08/07/09 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 77Kg.
09/12/09 CD4: 510 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg. No medicinas aún
10/01/10 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
15/05/10 CD4: 320 /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
01/02/11 CD4: 291 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
05/05/11 CD4: 366 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
27/07/11 CD4: 255 /CViral: 138000 /Peso: 78kg.

Disfrutando y aceptando una nueva vida...

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 09:59:03 am »
Oh for crying out loud! This thread would be better titled:

"AIDSmeds Forums Members: Racist Dipshits!"

West Papua is also known as the Indonesian province of Irian Jaya. These people are lucky to have hot water, let alone the capacity to microchip anyone.

::)

MtD

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 10:27:28 am »
"AIDSmeds Forums Members: Racist Dipshits!"

I didn't see any racism here. I see another one of those scarey stories where they want to basically round up the poz people.

Then someone replied with a quip that that technology might be useful is solving a problem in America of ILLEGAL immigrants, where our Congress recently washed their hands of tackling this problem at all. Rather than pass any legislative fixes, they chose to do nothing and let the problem continue unchecked.

Nobody mentioned race, or even sexuality. There's neither homophobia nor racism in the linked article or comments, IMHO.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 10:36:50 am »
how the hell can a fucking microchip tell scientists or bigbrother/TPTB or whomthefuckever if a poz person is using a condom or not using a condom?!?!  :D sounds like an absurd waste of money, materials and time

Offline indyguy

• Hoosier Boy Single Again.
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 11:01:13 am »
Hey it doesn't sound that far fetched to me. The government has done stranger things then this. We already have the monitors for criminals and drunk drivers. Watch and see if it does not happen in the future. Scary!
Meds doing well so far.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 11:18:13 am »
Hey it doesn't sound that far fetched to me. The government has done stranger things then this. We already have the monitors for criminals and drunk drivers. Watch and see if it does not happen in the future. Scary!

That would stop them from cutting off the monitor bracelets. I can see a lot of uses for it. I can't see it for HIV at all, that's stupidity. But, convicted sex offenders and pedophiles. I say go for it.

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 12:22:10 pm »
I was just wondering if that shit would "beep" everytime you fuck ....
I must be microchiped already, there is this "prrt" sound that I sometimes hear when I get fucked.

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 02:22:46 pm »
I must be microchiped already, there is this "prrt" sound that I sometimes hear when I get fucked.

Milker.

Awww, Milkie, that's just gas baby from you getting pounded by that monster cock you had the other night.... ;D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline dixieman

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 04:49:34 pm »
Microchip is already being used by some governments for government employees... Mexico has already implanted more than 200 employees with microchips for security reasons. The United States may possibly pass ok... in the future for microchips for the elderly (patient information) access and for chronically ill patients voluntarily for easy access to records of individuals... Microchipping would start out with many positive aspects etc... but, what happens with missuse... would big brother be watching you 24....7 ... know your where abouts, every move... history.. your buying selling habits... this technonlogy will open the door for more abuses to control everyones move, thoughts, employment, etc... sorta the beginning of the mark of the beast... all intentions start out for the good but, work for the possiblity to control everyones life... per say... Something to think about!

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 05:50:16 am »
I wanted to say something about micro-penises and microchips, but I stopped myself.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 06:03:53 am »
We already microchip our pets. Which I think is fantastic. Could it also be used on Alzheimer's patients? Microchips for medical reasons has it's place in today's society.

Offline indyguy

• Hoosier Boy Single Again.
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 09:09:04 am »
CAN ANYONE SAY 666
Meds doing well so far.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 08:31:15 am »
I just read the most awful thing about Papua. I almsot didn't post b/c it's so awful and I don't want to bring people down, but then I need to share the horror I am feeling.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6965412.stm
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 08:49:50 am »
My first reaction to that news story was "who the fuck is Margaret Marabe and why did she just stand by and watch people being buried alive?"

So I turned to Google and found the PDF doc I have attached below.

It would seem that she's also someone living with hiv in PNG - and I'm guessing she would be too frightened of reprisals should she intervene. It must be absolutely horrible for her - and I'm glad she's had the courage to tell this story to the world. I can only hope we're not the only ones in the world listening.

I also hope others will join me in sending Margaret Marabe some love, light and positive healing energy. Lord knows she needs it!

Ann

[attachment deleted by admin]
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline HealthyMomma

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 09:55:28 am »
 :o

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 10:09:59 am »
CAN ANYONE SAY 666

Yes, it is a U.S. Highway I take all the time. It was renumbered a few years ago because some superstitious xristians were afraid the devil would get them as they traveled the highway.

As for the PNG story, that is downright scary.

I am sending positive, healing energy to Margaret Marabe.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 10:50:27 am »
I wanted to say something about micro-penises and microchips, but I stopped myself.

I wish you hadn't.  You still could, ya know.   ;)

Hate to break it to the Mark of the Beast Bunch, but your whereabouts and buying habits are already pretty easily traced.  OnStar and even cell phones with GPS can pinpoint your location.  Those little Kroger Plus Cards and such (or just credit card receipts) can tell just what you buy and where.  And interactive media like the net or your TV can provide a pretty accurate profile of who you are.  And there's still cameras on virtually every street corner.

Smile.

There's been talk of parents wanting to microchip their kids for safety for years now.

I'm sure my old religious zealot neighbors (the ones that told me Santa was a tool of the Devil) are wagging their fingers as wildly as ever.  They've been screaming "666" for years now.

To Mark:  Thanks for my first giggle of the day.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 10:52:02 am by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 11:21:57 am »
I'm so over the whole mark of the beast, 666 thing.  I used to be told it was what was in the crown of the pope.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 12:05:19 pm »
Wow, I can't believe that BBC link about AIDS victims being "buried alive"
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 03:08:41 pm »
I just read the most awful thing about Papua. I almsot didn't post b/c it's so awful and I don't want to bring people down, but then I need to share the horror I am feeling.

Dragonette,

I just came across that story myself and I nearly threw up!

Of all the stories of ignorance and stupidity in the world that I've read, this one tops them all.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 11:30:34 pm »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6965412.stm

I read that and my head exploded while I was at work.

Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline fearless

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 12:34:23 am »
Oh come on people.

That sort of stuff happens all the time in Papua New Guinea. Except for Port Moresby and a few other locations, PNG is a very remote innaccessible place. The people in these parts still practice their ancient and traditional culture and laws. People are lost all the time in tribal conflicts, and those identified as 'witches' killed. While abhorrent to us, it's just part of life for others.

Edited to ad: the stuff about microchipping +ve people is not a serious proposal. It was raised by an Indonesian colonel (or similar) as a way of somehow tracking +ve people in Irian Jaya (West Papua), a province of Indonesia and not part of PNG but has been rejected by one and all.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 12:44:40 am by fearless »
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline mjmel

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2007, 04:27:07 am »
Oh come on people.

That sort of stuff happens all the time in Papua New Guinea. Except for Port Moresby and a few other locations, PNG is a very remote innaccessible place. The people in these parts still practice their ancient and traditional culture and laws. People are lost all the time in tribal conflicts, and those identified as 'witches' killed. While abhorrent to us, it's just part of life for others.

Edited to ad: the stuff about microchipping +ve people is not a serious proposal. It was raised by an Indonesian colonel (or similar) as a way of somehow tracking +ve people in Irian Jaya (West Papua), a province of Indonesia and not part of PNG but has been rejected by one and all.

Well, there we have it! The second voice of reason from down under.
But you know folks, what is injected underneath the skin can be dug out with a pocket knife.
 ;D
Mike

Offline randym431

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007, 09:30:23 am »
I think a little furry collar with a tinker bell on it would be more accepted.

Lets leave the micro chips for those convicted of several DUI arrests. I'd like to know what their habits are. And when they are in a bar.
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.