Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:21:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 222
Total: 225

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: "Getting to know you"  (Read 15239 times)

Offline ozjen

"Getting to know you"
« on: July 03, 2010, 09:15:01 am »
Hi everyone!
I've been at this computer for weeks composing this thread................... :)
David, David, Bonnie and the S.F lot will perfectly understand why......... :D

At the moment, I'm listening to John (my him) play patriotic songs on the piano behind me.
He willl move on to all sorts of other stuff.
Enjoying every moment. Stoner's paradise............... 8)

Basquo!!!! You're coming. That's just the best..  ;D
This year we'll beat the bloody silly eiffel tower cocktails that Cliff had.
Sickly sweet and he had to throw it in the rubbish bin.
Let's make our AMG cocktail potent and secret as well..... ;D
Will liaison with you when we get there.

So,can I just throw this thread open to a general gossip thing?
Would be great to tune in...lol

Hi Rocky and Best Friend.

Luvya
Jen :-*

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
Re: "Getting to know you"
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 10:37:11 am »
Hi Jen!

I can't wait to meet you, apparently you're a gem! I had a blast with the others in Boston and look forward to seeing all again :0

I was a teetotaller in Boston (except when Aztecan was pouring cocktails down my throat). but have since begun to sip on the nectar once again... perhaps I can get in on the "Secret AMG cocktail" action??

Can't wait to see Basq and Santi again, and of course the lovely Jan and the indomitable RAB!

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Dennis

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 01:09:39 pm »

Basquo!!!! You're coming. That's just the best..  ;D

The key to the Eiffel Tower cocktails is to ask for a double  ;)

Offline ozjen

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 09:32:45 pm »
Hi Will.

Of course you can get in the action. I think we'll need a scribe to record and hold the recipe.
We forgot what was in our Montreal cocktail........lol

Looking forward to meeting you too.

Thanks for the tip, Dennis. A double is probably the key to any cocktail  :D

Jen

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 03:35:50 pm »
I hope someone has notified the Strat they'll need to increase security.

From the sounds of things they'll need it.

RAB   ;D

(Who will be in his room reading the bible.)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 09:57:56 pm »

(Who will be in his room reading the bible.)

HA! I just spit my tea all over the keyboard, Thanks RAB.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Basquo

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 04:52:31 pm »

Let's make our AMG cocktail potent and secret as well..... ;D
Will liaison with you when we get there.

I have the recipe. We'll have to scout out a "legal" liquor store for the ingredients and then we'll have a private tasting party to make sure we've gotten it right...and possible pass the secret along to Will...and then open it up for everyone.

You know, when I go to Vegas I like to dress very "Brat Pack"-ish but it's just going to be too bloody hot for dinner jackets! Maybe you have a strappy low-cut sparkly number I could borrow? I promise to shave me pits!

Offline ozjen

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 08:09:57 pm »
Hi Basquo
How about a gold one? I'll just whip one up for you.
You must shave the pits! We don't want the vision-impaired thinking you're a ballerina when you wave to people. :o

Good news about the recipe. Sounds like we have a plan! ;D

Hey Rab.  Can we have our party in your room this year? Montreal might have warned the Strat about that lady from N.Z who hosted a very loud party and had to be chastised a couple of times.
It'll be o.k. i'll slip them a fiver.  ;)

If only I knew how to "quote" like you guys do! :(

Jen xxx

Offline Cliff

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 05:53:37 pm »
Oh Lord, look what cat drug in!!!  How ya doing Jen!?!  Glad to see you're gonna join your bud in Vegas.  I'm sure y'all are gonna kick up a storm.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 08:41:24 pm »
Oh Lord, look what cat drug in!!! 

So we should blame the "cat" when all hell breaks loose?  (Which I'm pretty sure it will)

Seems kinda unfair to the cat if you ask me, just sayin!

RAB   ;D

Offline Basquo

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 09:06:31 pm »
So we should blame the "cat" when all hell breaks loose? 

Look, as long as Cliff doesn't phone you at 2:30am, I don't think you should assume that all Hell is going to break loose.

One of us screeching like a Banshee whilst freefalling outside your window, now, that's another story.

If it's Jan, she's on tomorrow's Pacific time. If it's Will, he finally drank enough courage. If it's me, we ran out of lube and Santi hurled me out the window.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 09:35:55 pm »
I've decided to have a lock put on the outside of our Hotel room,..Jen only gets out when i think she will be safe out in public, and Basquo if you do the Sky jump I will buy you a bucket full of Lube.. ;) ;D

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline ozjen

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 06:05:05 am »
Hey Cliff! Me old "china"!
They're picking on me, mate... :D

It's perfectly o.k though. I'll show them!
I'll be really good. (Most of the time... ;D)

If "any" of you do the sky jump, I'll just faint.
Then, I'll buy you dinner.  8)

Will somebody tell me how to do the "quote" thing? (the purple bits)
It does make it easier to reply to someone......about cats.......lol

Jen
xxxxxxx

Offline Robert

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 10:31:14 am »
I've decided to have a lock put on the outside of our Hotel room...
Hugs Jan :-*

How about putting a lock on this thread?  This lady is obviously off her rocker.  Of course we can certainly pity her (I mean her husband, after all, is recovering ABBA groupie) but to encourage her to contine in this fashion will only lead more of us to jump off the Stratosphere.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 09:33:18 pm »

Will somebody tell me how to do the "quote" thing? (the purple bits)
It does make it easier to reply to someone......about cats.......lol

Jen
xxxxxxx

Jen, my cocktail friend,  simply hit the button "quote" on the upper right side of someone's post, then make sure you don't get rid of the instructions inside [brackets]. You can edit what inside the quote itself, but not the garbledy bits. Then put your reply below the last bracket:   ]

Now test!

Offline ozjen

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 09:56:34 pm »
You can edit what inside the quote itself, but not the garbledy bits.   ]

Now test!

Thanks Basquo. Got it.

This lady is obviously off her rocker.  Of course we can certainly pity her (I mean her husband, after all, is recovering ABBA groupie) but to encourage her to contine in this fashion will only lead more of us to jump off the Stratosphere.

Sorry Robert. I'll take my pills in L.V.
You mustn't mention "A" word!
Bye for now

Jen
xxx

Offline Basquo

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 09:58:56 pm »
Jen, my cocktail friend,  simply hit the button "quote" on the upper right side of someone's post, then make sure you don't get rid of the instructions inside [brackets]. You can edit what inside the quote itself, but not the garbledy bits. Then put your reply below the last bracket:   ]

Now test!

By the way, I haven't mastered time conversion like Curtis has, so I'm assuming that it's tomorrow where you are and you will reply before you see my post.   :D

If it's still evening pour yourself and J a shot on my behalf! And also BTW, do you have something called Sheridan that you can pick up duty-free? It's a black-and-white divided bottle that we can't get here in the U.S. I'd do a 'roo in front of yoo if you can bring both!

Offline ozjen

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 08:37:14 pm »
And also BTW, do you have something called Sheridan that you can pick up duty-free? It's a black-and-white divided bottle that we can't get here in the U.S. I'd do a 'roo in front of yoo if you can bring both!

We do and I will bring you the both halves. :)

It's morning here and I'm off to work but will certainly have a snifter or two tonight.

I was going to answer your post from yesterday in anticipation but that would just be silly. ???
We'll have none of that ;D

See ya mate
Jen
xxx

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 04:30:35 pm »
We do and I will bring you the both halves. :)

See ya mate
Jen
xxx

If I'm not mistaken you can't bring duty free "into" the U.S. (it's a liquid inside the cabin of the plane or something like that)  only take it out.  That's what we discovered on our trip.  Cause believe me I had plans to snap up as much as I could when we were returning.

RAB   ;D

Offline BikerGuy

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 09:59:56 pm »
Looking forward to seeing you. How did we make it back from the SF Meet & Greet?  We were some messed up puppies that night, I'm just saying  ;D
Anall nathrach - Oorfas bethud - Dorhiel dienvay

Offline ozjen

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 10:56:06 pm »
If I'm not mistaken you can't bring duty free "into" the U.S. (it's a liquid inside the cabin of the plane or something like that)  only take it out.  That's what we discovered on our trip.  Cause believe me I had plans to snap up as much as I could when we were returning.

RAB   ;D

Hi Rab
I checked with duty free here and they said it is fine. Taken directly from the airport on to the plane.
I was worried that they might not let me take it on to L.V after L.A. Is all o.k.
Only 1ltre allowed though. I was surprised that they only let in 200 tailor-made cigs but 2 kgs tobacco. True! :o
Doesn't affect me anymore. Now 7 weeks off them ;D

Looking forward to seeing you. How did we make it back from the SF Meet & Greet?  We were some messed up puppies that night, I'm just saying  ;D
We did have a pretty cruisy night, didn't we? ::)
Will be great to catch up

Not long now.

Jen
xxx

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2010, 12:22:33 am »
Hi Rab
I checked with duty free here and they said it is fine. Taken directly from the airport on to the plane.
I was worried that they might not let me take it on to L.V after L.A. Is all o.k.
Only 1ltre allowed though. I was surprised that they only let in 200 tailor-made cigs but 2 kgs tobacco. True! :o
Doesn't affect me anymore. Now 7 weeks off them ;D

We did have a pretty cruisy night, didn't we? ::)
Will be great to catch up

Not long now.

Jen
xxx

Well Jen I have to hand it to you.  It seems as though you're absolutely right.  (I did a google search)

I was basing my coments on our return trip.  I placed two bottles on the counter, they asked me for my passport and where I was going.  I gave it to them, said the U.S., and was told they couldn't sell it to me.

(We were flying out of Hong Kong but surely that can't have been the issue?)

DF confirmed these events when I asked him.

Either way it looks as though Basquo will get his "Sheridan", I'm just ticked I didn't get my Knob Creek and Maker's Mark.  (hint hint)

RAB 

Offline Dennis

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2010, 12:50:56 am »
Wrong thread.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2010, 02:56:57 am »
I'm just ticked I didn't get my Knob Creek and Maker's Mark. 
RAB 

You're about as subtle as a sledge hammer did you know that... ;)

Hugs

Offline ozjen

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2010, 04:50:51 am »

I'm just ticked I didn't get my Knob Creek and Maker's Mark.  (hint hint)

RAB 

Hi Rab. Now! Who could be coming in to the States?  ;)
Someone who could bring one of your unusual sounding beverages?
I wonder?  ;)

"Knob Creek"??...lol...  I just had to look it up.
To me, that's a proper Aussie wine label.... ;D

"Maker's Mark"??
A pipe tobacco.
I think I can bring you 2 kg of that.

NOW!!
Best Friend....
I read with much trepidation something on the other thread.
" Jen will be following me" or something like that?
"Please explain".....lol...nervously.

Talk soon
Jen
xxx

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 07:02:09 pm »
NOW!!
Best Friend....
I read with much trepidation something on the other thread.
" Jen will be following me" or something like that?
"Please explain".....lol...nervously.

It means you will go where I go ..or tell you to go... ;D

I was refering to the Meet and Greet at Simons I was saying, in aroung about way, you will be there.

Not long now.

Love ya

Offline Jody

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 09:50:59 pm »
Thanks Jen for starting this topic.  I'm sorry I won't be able to join you guys in Las Vegas next month but as a long time AMG'er (is that a term? ;)) I have always had such a wonderful time getting together with other HIV+ folks and their supporters.  Whether a person is going on their first AMG or they have already been you are destined to find the truly nicest, kindest folks in a totally non-judgemental setting and I have always had a great time, have the best memories of things and places I may never had gotten up and gone to without the incentive of meeting other good people in the same boat in life and seeing them again.  Their continued good health is a revelation upon seeing them again, the fine folks we have lost this year alone and in years past will always be remembered and treasured for what they gave to us over the years...What first began in 2005 in Toronto as a nervous curiousity perhaps, later blended into a sincere comfort level with a terrific group of people.  I'll miss not seeing my many friends as well as meeting new folks for the first time.  For some people going once in life may be enough for them or all they are capable of but that is OK, they were great to meet and get to know...And did I mention an AMG is just alot of plain great fun!!!

Enjoy everyone, go safe, see some great shows and don't lose too much money out there!

Jody :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline ozjen

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2010, 06:02:19 am »
Jody........thanks so much for making this thread what I wanted it to be. :D

It's hard to talk about different stuff on dedicated threads.
I will miss you you heaps and I know my Best Friend is devastated that you can't be there.

Thanks also for telling everyone in this, (my silly thread), how much fun we'll have and how for a few days
we all acquire several brothers and sisters who we have to look out for. :-*

Love you lots and lots

Jen  xxxxxx

Offline ozjen

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 06:07:39 am »

I was refering to the Meet and Greet at Simons I was saying, in aroung about way, you will be there.

PHEEEW!!!
I thought for a moment I had to jump off the top after you........ ::).......silly me.

Of course ,I'll follow you anywhere....... 8)

love you too
Jen
xxx

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2010, 09:59:50 pm »
Hi Rab. Now! Who could be coming in to the States?  ;)
Someone who could bring one of your unusual sounding beverages?
I wonder?  ;)

Yes that's correct.  Unusual?  Girly you so need do to your homework.

"Knob Creek"??...lol...  I just had to look it up.
To me, that's a proper Aussie wine label.... ;D

NO it's not some foreign wine.  It's a very good bourbon.  If you bring me a bottle I promise to give you a sip.

"Maker's Mark"??
A pipe tobacco.
I think I can bring you 2 kg of that.

NO it's not a friggin pipe tobacco!

It's also a really good bourbon.  And again if you bring me a bottle (or two/three) I promise to give you a sip!

(RAB wonders if intelligence is diminished south of the equator)

RAB   ;D

edited for typos

« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:02:48 pm by RAB »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.