Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:10:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 225
Total: 229

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Black people should thank whites for slavery  (Read 16181 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Black people should thank whites for slavery
« on: March 25, 2008, 07:58:14 pm »
(warning:  this post invokes Godwin's Law)

Liberal media bias:

http://buchanan.org/blog/?p=969

Quote from: Pat
First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known...

Second, no people anywhere has done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the ’60s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream.

Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks — with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas — to advance black applicants over white applicants...

We hear the grievances. Where is the gratitude?...

Let him go to Altoona and Johnstown, and ask the white kids in Catholic schools how many were visited lately by Ivy League recruiters handing out scholarships for “deserving” white kids.

Is white America really responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of white America? Is it really white America’s fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent?

Is that the fault of white America or, first and foremost, a failure of the black community itself?

I think he has a point. And blacks arent the only ones- how come Jews arent thanking Nazis? What other country besides Germany went out of their way to build them an area, a gated community even, specifically made for them as a race to live in?

Amazing.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Cliff

Re: Black people should thank whites for slavery
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 08:18:10 pm »
What purpose does it serve to post shit like this?  Does it make you feel better?  Cause it certainly makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

ass

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 08:30:16 pm »
What purpose does it serve to post shit like this?  Does it make you feel better?  Cause it certainly makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

ass

I know that sarcasm is difficult to read over the internet, but seriously.

Seriously.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 08:33:15 pm »
Yeah, I get his point (I'm not an idiot, Mouse).  But is it necessary?  How about I post all sorts of kill whitey shit in the forums in the sake of sarcasm.  What purpose does it serve?  In an HIV forum no less.

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 08:37:19 pm »
Yeah, I get his point (I'm not an idiot, Mouse).  But is it necessary?  How about I post all sorts of kill whitey shit in the forums in the sake of sarcasm.  What purpose does it serve?  In an HIV forum no less.

I never said you were an idiot.

When you start ignoring the scary folks it's easier to not notice when they start taking over. It does no good to ignore the things we don't wish to hear or acknowledge. I think this is an important lesson for HIV+ people, especially. You could easily pretend that bigoted, deluded people do not exist and not speak about them, but then how would you know what to do when you are confronted with them?

Offline Lis

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 08:39:47 pm »
this is in such poor taste... shame on you !!!  what is the point anyway?  is there one or are you just an insensitive ass..

you are .... (fill in the blank)
poz 1986....

Offline Cliff

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 08:43:02 pm »
I never said you were an idiot.

When you start ignoring the scary folks it's easier to not notice when they start taking over. It does no good to ignore the things we don't wish to hear or acknowledge. I think this is an important lesson for HIV+ people, especially. You could easily pretend that bigoted, deluded people do not exist and not speak about them, but then how would you know what to do when you are confronted with them?

Do you think that if it wasn't for this website, I wouldn't know about racism or bigots?  I don't come here for education on bigots!  I get that in the real world.  I get that work.  I don't need to get that at Aidsmeds.  How would you feel if folks posted shit like that about transsexuals here in the name of education.  It's not necessary.  It's condescending.  

I don't need nor do I pretend that racism or bigotry doesn't exist.  It's a question as to whether it belongs here at aidsmeds!

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 08:44:53 pm »
What purpose does it serve?  In an HIV forum no less.
The purpose is that it is real, even in this day and age and unfortunately, all of us ,have to deal with this bullshit.  I rather know that this crap is out there than go along thinking it might be getting better.
 It is wrong and we all know it.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 08:48:17 pm »
Do you think that if it wasn't for this website, I wouldn't know about racism or bigots?  I don't come here for education on bigots!  I get that in the real world.  I get that work.  I don't need to get that at Aidsmeds.  How would you feel if folks posted shit like that about transsexuals here in the name of education.  It's not necessary.  It's condescending. 

I don't need nor do I pretend that racism or bigotry doesn't exist.  It's a question as to whether it belongs here at aidsmeds!

You are more than welcome to not visit the threads that bother you. Perhaps other people here want to discuss things you don't like. I don't believe that there's a requirement here that states everything must be deemed appropriate by you before being posted.

If someone posted something in a similar vain about transsexuals I would be grateful that people are taking the time to acknowledge there is still work to be done. I find it entirely necessary.

Offline Lis

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 08:50:28 pm »
sorry mouse, but I call BS on that lat post
poz 1986....

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 08:51:33 pm »
sorry mouse, but I call BS on that lat post

Sorry that you think so, Lis.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 08:52:32 pm »
Right.  And when you (mouse) came "out", there was of course, a huge moderated sponsored warning for members to tread lightly.  

Not that I mind, cause it was the right thing to do.  This isn't the place to beat on transexuals, homosexuals, or whatevever...but it also isn't the place to post this sort of shit.  Or if it is, then the moderators should be prepared for all sorts of posts!

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 08:56:03 pm »
Right.  And when you (mouse) came "out", there was of course, a huge moderated sponsored warning for members to tread lightly. 

Not that I mind, cause it was the right thing to do.  This isn't the place to beat on transexuals, homosexuals, or whatevever...but it also isn't the place to post this sort of shit.  Or if it is, then the moderators should be prepared for all sorts of posts!

And do you know why there had to be a warning? Because there are assholes (believe it or not - even here in this forum!) that would have loved the opportunity to spread their hateful messages. With this in  mind you still don't think this is an appropriate place to speak about bigotry and hatred? I'm surprised at you.

I would like to think that the moderators would be more than happy to deal with a frank discussion about racism provided that everyone stayed rational and calm. Like I said earlier, absolutely no good comes from ignoring the issues. I'm glad that it's so easy for you to forget about them, but for me and a large amount of others it's something worth discussing whenever the opportunity rises.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 08:58:41 pm »
I move we merge this post with the one about bullies....  I've stopped posting because it's completely ok for some to post this utter crap, but watch what happens if you offend the vocal minority.  Heaven forbid someone here not go along with the in crowd.

Irony for the win.

Back to the corner for me.  See ya.

Offline Lis

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 09:00:28 pm »
racism, sexism genderism... none of it has a place here... you want a FRANK discussion.. perhaps philly should have helped with that... i still think that the whole post was in poor taste...
poz 1986....

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 09:03:07 pm »
The actual topic was "A Brief for Whitey." Philly skewed the subject title to bait the others on this forum.

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 09:04:24 pm »
racism, sexism genderism... none of it has a place here... you want a FRANK discussion.. perhaps philly should have helped with that... i still think that the whole post was in poor taste...

Racists, sexists and bigots in general have no place here. I suppose it was wrong of me to hope that discussion about these problems wouldn't be met with such cowardly avoidance.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 09:07:55 pm »
The intent of the thread seemed pretty clear to me.  I didn't find the OP's intentions divisive at all.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Lis

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 09:08:34 pm »
wow...  thats all wow...

best of life......
poz 1986....

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 09:09:45 pm »
Mouse, if Philly would have said something off mark about Transgenders you would have hit the roof. Philly intentionally made up that subject line to entice these kind of responses. To me it was nothing more than flame baiting.

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 09:11:47 pm »
Mouse, if Philly would have said something off mark about Transgenders you would have hit the roof. Philly intentionally made up that subject line to entice these kind of responses. To me it was nothing more than flame baiting.

I'm glad you feel as though you know enough about me to decide how I should react to things.

To be completely honest with you, I wouldn't have in this context. It's pretty obvious to me what he meant by this post and I'm sorry if the rest of you are so eager to look for a fight.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 09:16:07 pm »
It's not what he meant, rather is it necessary. I can post all the kill whitey shit I want....knowing full well I don't believe in it.  BUT IS IT NECESSARY AT AIDSMEDS?

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 09:18:22 pm »
It's not what he meant, rather is it necessary. I can post all the kill whitey shit I want....knowing full well I don't believe in it.  BUT IS IT NECESSARY AT AIDSMEDS?

In what context would you find it 'necessary', Cliff?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 09:18:51 pm »
I totally agree with you Cliff.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 09:20:10 pm »
Mouse you're right I don't know anything about you except what you have posted on this forum. I'll be honest with you. If I had a child that acted like you or put it this way, the way you act on this forum. You would have had your mouth washed out with soap and you would have went to the school I sent you to or you would have went to a detention center. Aren't you glad Mouse I don't really know you and you're not my child?

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2008, 09:21:30 pm »
Mouse you're right I don't know anything about you except what you have posted on this forum. I'll be honest with you. If I had a child that acted like you or put it this way, the way you act on this forum. You would have had your mouth washed out with soap and you would have went to the school I sent you to or you would have went to a detention center. Aren't you glad Mouse I don't really know you and you're not my child?

I appreciate your honesty.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2008, 09:23:12 pm »
I don't find it necessary, Mouse.  Period.  Why do you find it so important?  What did you learn from this thread?  How did it improve your understanding of society?  Did it make you a better person?  Or did you just find it entertaining?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 09:23:37 pm »
Jeebus folks.  I made this thread in the hopes that it would outrage enough people to complain perhaps to the likes of MSNBC and Fox News who book Pat Buchanan on a daily basis as a political pundit (gasbag) and election night host.  It's not like he's just some average Joe on the street (he was the winner of the GOP New Hampshire primary in the 1992 campaign and the keynote speaker at their convention), yet he openly espouses such blatantly racist views.  No wonder he hyperventilates about dark skinned Mexicans crossing the border but insists his outrage is that they're just breaking the law and now any racism -- guess he's wrong.

I think that the outrage on the part of some of our resident posters here is GROSSLY misguided.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2008, 09:24:19 pm »
Posting something that a jerk-off said about a race is one thing.  Posting something hateful about a member of the forums is another.  

I agree with Mouse.  It's too bad people are so caught up in their own bullshit to have an actual discussion on real issues.  And what does posting about somethin Splat Buchanan said have to do with 'kill whitey?'  Not once did he mention killing anyone.  While I don't agree (at all) with what he said, I wouldn't automatically take it so personally, like the OP is trying to slander a race or flame-bait anyone.  Are we all really that thin-skinned?
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2008, 09:25:24 pm »
I don't find it necessary, Mouse.  Period.  Why do you find it so important?  What did you learn from this thread?  How did it improve your understanding of society?  Did it make you a better person?  Or did you just find it entertaining?

I find it necessary to often speak about the realities of bigotry and hatred in the world and to bring it to the attention of people who would rather ignore such atrocities.

The only thing I found entertaining in this thread was the ridiculous reactions of a few very dramatic, very animated people.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2008, 09:25:39 pm »

huh?

Offline Cliff

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2008, 09:27:43 pm »

I find it necessary to often speak about the realities of bigotry and hatred in the world and to bring it to the attention of people who would rather ignore such atrocities.
Right.

::)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2008, 09:30:59 pm »
Right.

Do you have a problem with that?  Oh, I forgot, you're probably busy right now composing your own posts on 'killing whitey.'  Really, if someone (say Jesse Jackson) in the black community had something so prejudiced to say about, oh, caucasians or Mexicans, wouldn't that give you just a spark of outrage?  Or in your world, is it all 'us vs. them.' 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2008, 09:31:14 pm »
Right.

Well, this thread is just full of sarcasm and honesty, isn't it?

Offline Lis

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2008, 09:32:30 pm »
STOP THIS SHIT!!!!!! THIS IS NOT HELPING ANY OF US......
poz 1986....

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2008, 09:33:30 pm »

Well, this thread is just full of sarcasm and honesty, isn't it?

Don't pay any attention, Jaser.  We see eventually where people fall.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2008, 09:33:57 pm »

and this was?

you are.....(fill in the blank)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2008, 09:35:19 pm »
Do you have a problem with that?  Oh, I forgot, you're probably busy right now composing your own posts on 'killing whitey.'  Really, if someone (say Jesse Jackson) in the black community had something so prejudiced to say about, oh, caucasians or Mexicans, wouldn't that give you just a spark of outrage?  Or in your world, is it all 'us vs. them.' 
If you can point to me posting a Jesse Jackson's kill whitey thread...then by all means, dear.....do so!

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2008, 09:36:12 pm »
If you can point to me posting a Jesse Jackson's kill whitey thread...then by all means, dear.....do so!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2008, 09:36:31 pm »
honestly, the biggest lesson of this thread has turned out to be just who comes slithering out from under their respective rocks to stirs things up as badly as possible.  jeez...threads like this get posted all the time in reference to, say....the religious right and gays or whatever.  why this one got so blown sky high out of proportion is beyond me.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2008, 09:37:26 pm »

And calling me an "insensitive ass" was helpful?

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2008, 09:38:27 pm »

I said if he did.  But some old, fat, pig-skinned bigot says something and it's posted and all of a sudden you're outraged?  About what, really?  Come on.  

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2008, 09:39:49 pm »
threads like this get posted all the time in reference to, say....the religious right and gays or whatever.  why this one got so blown sky high out of proportion is beyond me.

I'm still scratching my head over the entire thing myself.  Most odd.

If they spent half their energy in writing a letter to MSNBC's General Manager about booking Pat Buchanan every day on 3 news programs we might be getting something out of it, but no...

Offline Cliff

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2008, 09:40:23 pm »
I said if he did.  But some old, fat, pig-skinned bigot says something and it's posted and all of a sudden you're outraged?  About what, really?  Come on.
ok.    ;D   I missed your meaning there.    Still, perhaps it's far too easy for this to be all academic for you betty!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2008, 09:44:10 pm »
ok.    ;D   I missed your meaning there.    Still, perhaps it's far too easy for this to be all academic for you betty!

It doesn't take academia to stir contempt at a vulgarious bitter man.  All it takes is a little open-mindedness and compassion.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2008, 09:48:08 pm »
Why is this topic any different from the Helms bitch that was on last week?  That is how I saw it.  Whether we want to admit it or not, people like this are out there and they are people that are supposedly educated and in the public eye.  This is the place to post this because this is what we deal with.....Welcome to the Real World Aidsmed edition.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2008, 09:49:56 pm »
Why is this topic any different from the Helms bitch that was on last week?  That is how I saw it.  Whether we want to admit it or not, people like this are out there and they are people that are supposedly educated and in the public eye.  This is the place to post this because this is what we deal with.....Welcome to the Real World Aidsmed edition.

THANK YOU.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2008, 09:52:01 pm »
we deal with..

lol

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2008, 09:53:13 pm »
we deal with..

lol

I'm sorry Cliff, we've obviously all forgotten you are the only person here who has ever come up against bigotry and hatred.

My god! What were we thinking?

Offline Cliff

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2008, 09:55:01 pm »
Yeah, but this thread wasn't about all bigotry, was it?

Nevermind.  It doesn't matter Mouse.  It's not that serious.  And I'm over it now. 

:)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.