Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:07:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 353
Total: 354

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Questions on the new forums here please!  (Read 53634 times)

Offline Brent

Re: Questions on the new forums here please!
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2006, 02:30:47 pm »
I received a PM from someone and I would like to reply to her.  It says "You are not allowed to send personal messages."  How do I change this?
Thanks
Brent

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2006, 02:37:55 pm »
To prevent trolling I think you have to post three times before you can send a PM.

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2006, 09:13:44 pm »
dach is correct. you need to post at least once more before you will be able to send messages.  This is a rule to prevent spamming of the forums by people trying to sell junk 'cures'.

Post one more time and you will be able to respond.

Offline polerbear

• My Baby and me
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2006, 09:52:21 pm »
Im 46 y/o GWM with AIDS going throw hell and i do not know if im doing this right
To day is the first day of the rest of my life

Offline Teresa

« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2006, 10:08:02 pm »
hi,

Welcome to the forums. You should post in the living with HIV section. You will get more response from the wonderful people here.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2006, 01:40:12 pm »
Here is a new error. "your session has timed out." I've never seen that one.

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2006, 08:20:29 pm »
honey, that just means you need to insert another quarter.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2006, 09:47:42 pm »
Hell Dingo, I thought we only got that message in the video booths at the adult book store. ;)

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2006, 10:02:51 am »
I have 3 questions
When I changed my avatar to Mr. Peabody and Sherman, It took 3 days to load on my home computer. And even then it was half the pic. While the pc at work had the whole photo. Why is that?
I changed the order of posts so I can read the last response instead of having to scroll down. Well everyday the order is different. Some days I get the opening post with responses following and then another day I get the last one- don't know which way I am going. Why is that?
 And last, I notice people put pics in their post which other respond to, such as the "Are My Jeans too Tight" thread yet I don't get the photo, either at home or on the work computer.
Why is that?
Johnny
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline beto_andolini

« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2006, 03:00:47 am »
I had the same question as Brent, so I guess I have to write one more message to activate my PM reply feature.  This is such hard work, hombre!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2006, 05:44:12 am »
Hi Johnny,

It sounds to me like maybe you have a lot of security measures on your computer(s). The preferences that you choose are enabled via cookies - are you set to delete cookies when you end your internet session? The photo issue sounds like a firewall issue. I don't know what else to suggest, other than explore these possibilities.

Good luck!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline joemutt

« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2006, 03:21:36 am »
Hw do you upload a picture in a PM (IM) , it has the feature but when I click it it says something and the I dont know what to do ( ???

Offline tuggem

• Ron Hudson, same body, new face
    • 2sides2ron
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2006, 12:28:13 pm »
Hi Razorback...

I think your post is in the wrong thread.  This one seems to be about technical issues with the new board, if I am not mistaken.  You may want to post your question in its own thread under "Living with HIV".  Also, if you are a Razorback and living in Arkansas, there has just been some news about foster parenting in your state that might be relevant to your issue.  Can anyone here help out with this issue?

Ron
Lexiva, Videx EC

About 18 other meds to manage my side-effects/concomitant issues like diabetes, renal insufficiency, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, etc.

Poz since 08/25/1985 or earlier

Safe journeys!

Ce fut une belle aventure...

Offline Iggy

« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2006, 02:16:44 pm »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:18:04 pm by Iggy »

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2006, 04:45:13 pm »
I haven't seen that but I suspect it relates to some moderator activity.  I have seen when viewing the list of member and what they are looking at the tim or peter occasionally appear for their 'action' as 'hidden -nothing you can see or that I don't want you to" or something to that affect.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2006, 06:24:15 am »

Um... it was me. I only discovered, in my profile, the option to hide my online status the other day, but it's not a lot of use if the software announces to the world that there is a hidden moderator snooping about. LOL How silly is that? ;D

I've gone back to normal status now.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.