Main Forums > Living With HIV

Flu shot - Its that time of year again (Northern Hemisphere)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jim Allen:

--- Quote from: wardp on October 03, 2022, 06:31:58 am ---have you had pneumonia vax? how often shoud get it over 60 jim?

--- End quote ---

I'm over-vaccinated on this one  ;D. I had the PVV 5 times within the last ten years, it seems like they just give it to me because they have it; the last PVV shot I had was when COVID first broke out.

Anyhow, I believe but am open to correction, that once you are 65+, you should get another shot.

https://www.aidsmap.com/about-hiv/pneumococcal-disease-and-hiv

--- Quote ---There are two types of pneumococcus vaccine: pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV, the type of vaccine used for childhood pneumococcal vaccination) and pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine (PPV). The BHIVA recommendation is that all people with HIV, whatever their age, CD4 cell count or treatment status, have a single dose of PCV. For people who are aged 65 or over, or who have another health condition (such as heart or kidney disease) that may increase their risk of pneumococcal disease, it is recommended they also have a single dose of PPV.
--- End quote ---

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/pneumo/index.html

--- Quote ---There are two kinds of pneumococcal vaccines available in the United States:

Pneumococcal conjugate vaccines (PCV13, PCV15, and PCV20)
Pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine (PPSV23)
CDC recommends PCV13 or PCV15 for all children younger than 5 years old and children 5 through 18 years old with certain medical conditions that increase their risk of pneumococcal disease.

CDC also recommends PPSV23 for children 2 through 18 years old with certain medical conditions that increase their risk of pneumococcal disease.

For those who have never received any pneumococcal conjugate vaccine, CDC recommends PCV15 or PCV20 for adults 65 years or older and adults 19 through 64 years old with certain medical conditions or risk factors. If PCV15 is used, this should be followed by a dose of PPSV23.
--- End quote ---

Jim Allen:

--- Quote from: leatherman on October 03, 2022, 08:38:10 am ---vaccines to consider:
flu, covid, shingles, pneumonia, monkey pox

--- End quote ---

+ Hepatitis b & for the younger members HPV.

J.R.E.:

I finally received my high dose flu shot yesterday, in the left arm, and my 5th pfizer  shot in the right arm.

No Problems so far !! In the beginning of next year I will get the shingles vaccine and the monkey pox vaccine.

Ray

Jim Allen:
Got my flu jab.

Still no 5g network  :(

Loa111:
Finally got around to getting my annual Flu Shot this morning.

I got it from my ID Clinic as I prefer to keep everything under the one roof so to speak as opposed to going to my doctor or a pharmacy for the shot.

I do feel a bit drained from it as I have done every year to date, hoping this will pass in a few hours. :) Very happy to final have it all the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version